• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Shattered Pieces

BeyondTheStars

Avowed is not pronounced Eh-Vo-Weed.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Imaginary Imaginary

MV5BOGZhOTgzZTAtODMwMC00ZmM4LWFkY2EtM2UwNzdlNjJlOWVlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUzMTMyMTU@._V1_SY1000_CR...jpg
Name: Charles Miller
Height: 5'10
Place of Birth: Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
Occupation: Professional Horseback Rider and part owner of the Millers' Ranch​

Name: Ellie Hale
POB: Seeley Lake, Montana

Hair: dyed teal
Eye: dark hazel
Height: 5'5 ft
Build: petite

Last edited:
The Millers' Ranch had been the cornerstone of Bloomsburg for the past eighty years, providing fresh dairy products, vegetables, fruit, and meat to the local markets for the duration of its existence. It was family owned and operated and had won over the small town community. It was operated by Frank Miller and his wife Lucy for the past thirty.

Their kids were the ones who helped around the ranch, Carl, 19 years old, Stephanie, 22 years old, and Charlie, 26 years old. So rarely did they hire outside help, but ever since Charlie had picked up a new hobby and was in and out of town god knows when, they had to look elsewhere to fill his vacancy.

Ellie arrived earlier than expected, it was 8:25 AM, but Frank was happy with her dedication. "You weren't supposed to come before 9:30, ya know?" He informed, kindly. Reaching into the drawers, handing her a straw hat and a waterproof jacket and gloves.

Frank had met Ellie not too long ago. She was part time at a local grocery store and was always helpful. They would always drive into deep conversations. But Frank couldn't help but notice something was "off" about her. He had kids of his own, so he couldn't help but notice. She was alone all the way out here. Perhaps it would help being surrounded in a family environment. "Why don't I give you a tour?" He asked, leading her to the other side of the gate.

Ellie was a bit of a colorful personality, someone who never really blended in.
Her hair color changed basically on a weekly basis, last week it had been dark teal, now it was purple, and God knew what color it would be next month.
Apart from that and her wide variety of tattoos though, she was a fairly normal young woman who worked her arse off in multiple part time jobs to pay her apartment.

In all honesty she barely was able to afford living here, but after what had happened with Jonas, she had needed a fresh start in a new town, so she had loaded all her belongings into her car and had left in a random direction.
Two miles outside Bloomsburg, her engine had died, leaving Ellie stranded here; where she just stayed.
She spent most of her time working as a waitress in a beautiful little 80s diner, and whenever she had some spare time, she helped out in the grocery store.
Goodbye personal life... But at least it helped her focus on something else than Jonah.

She needed to work to stay sane and keep her apartment, but Gil, the owner of the diner, had been diagnosed with cancer not too long ago, and the diner would close sooner or later.
So when Mister Miller had offered her a job on the ranch, she hadn't hesitated to take that chance.

A soft smile played on her lips as Mr. Miller greeted her.
"I know, I know", she chuckled. "I just had some spare time and figured I could as well use to make myself useful somehow."
That however was only part of the truth; she did have some spare time... But she hated it. Spare time meant time to think. And thinking meant remembering everything that had gone oh so wrong in her life.
Her smile was friendly, no doubt, but it was kind of... Hollow.

She quickly put the jacket on, stored the gloves in one of its pockets and hung the strap of the hat around her neck, the hat resting against her back.
"A tour would be great", she agreed happily, following her new boss to the gate.

"Figured today, it would just be orientation and to just show you the basics. Don't sweat it, though. Most of what we do here is pretty simple." He assured her with a smile, leading her through the gate and into the open field surrounded by wooden fences. "That's where the cows usually roam around. They're in the barn right now, but we'll let them out to get some sunlight and stretch their legs." He gestured her to follow him.

"So your car happened to breakdown and you just decided to stick it around, huh?" Frank recalled from their conversation a few days ago. "Be honest, what do you make of the town so far?" He asked, unlocking the barn with his key, letting her in. One by one, he began opening each of the stalls to let the cows out. Some were lazy, while others were eager to get out. "I'm thinking of putting you in charge of the barn and the dairy products. What you think?" He asked. The barn was usually managed by his eldest son, but since he's rarely around nowadays, Frank had no choice but to find someone else. Someone who was reliable. And Ellie seemed to be just that.

"Just feed them, milk them daily, groom 'em, and clean out their stalls. The distributors will handle the rest. Sounds easy enough, right?" He turned to the cows that were still in theirs stalls. "Alright, stretch those legs you lazy bums!" He shouted, whistling at the cows, as they slowly rose to their feet and began making their way out of the barns. "Some of them have difficult personalities, but once you get through to 'em, it'll just get easier from there."

There was barking in the distance and within a few seconds, a border collie with shades of black and white came rushing towards them, wagging its tail in excitement. "And this little guy here is Spots. We got 'em last year during spring when the whole place flooded it because of continuous rain. Damaged the fences and the cows got out. Thanks to him, we were able to get the cows back into the barn." He explained.

He stared at his watch. "Well, I'm starving. How about some breakfast?" He offered, "I'd love to introduce you to the others."

"yep, that's exactly how I came to live here", Ellie laughed softly at Frank's question about Bloomsburg, gently wiping a streak of hair behind her ear while she followed him and took a second to think about his question.
"It's not my hometown. That alone already makes it great", she said, sounding as if she was joking while she actually meant it seriouslybut he didn't have to see how bitter she was about everything that gone wrong in that town.

When he suggested that she'd take care of the barn, cows and dairy products, she would've almost punched the air and said 'yessss!!', but she managed to contain herself just in time and instead just nodded eagerly.
"I'm all in, cows are actually my favorite animals. I luckily have a bit of experience with them too; my grandfather has a farm too."
She quickly helped Frank bring the cows out, and the second she had led the last cow through the gate, a gorgeous dog CE running.

Ellie immediately squatted down to pet the dog.
She already loved this farm; cows, a dog... If they had kittens as well this would be her heaven on Earth.
"Hello good boy", she chuckled softly as Spots got all excited, and looked back up at Frank when he told her about the endless rain last year, slowly standing up again.
"Oh wow, good to hear you got all cows back into the barn."
She smirked down at Spots once more. "Guess you deserve to be called employee of the month, good boy!"

However Frank's offer to have breakfast caught Ellie off guard; she hasn't expected to be invited to have breakfast with them, but it certainly did make her happy.
She just wasn't that kind of person that could see coworkers as nothing but coworkers. For her, they were friends, and that Frank seemed to think about it the same way was just great. They'd be a great team, she was sure.
So she nodded at his offer eagerly, wondering who else would be there while she was for Frank to lead her back to the main house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back