Shai "Acolyte" Kibo

Mist Demon

A Broken Frame

Name

Shai Kibo

"My.. my parents were first generation immigrants to the land of dreams. Explains the name, right? They had chose New York no less to move to, live, and have me. Who would blame them? It's not as if anyone saw the blast coming..."

While Shai would likely never speak a word of it to anyone he wasn't soon to kill, he proudly entitles himself as an acolyte, no less than the most loyal of all, to the conduit he considers his savior.

Appearance

strange-boy.jpg

"M-My scars? You don't want to see those... Unless you're ready to see what true monsters look like. I'll let you in on a little secret. Monsters existed long before conduits did."

The evidence of rope burns seared into Shai's throat are impossible to miss to anyone that the conduit shows them to. Moreover, evidence of stab wounds cover a majority of the teen's chest. Upon his revival the savior that Shai so fondly speaks of was in the process of fully healing his wounds when the boy stopped him. He always wanted to remember what those monsters had done to him. Moreover, Shai commonly uses his wounds as a means of backing evidence to his stories and invoking emotion to his audience.

"Forever fourteen? There are worse fates. I experienced one. Yo-You know I asked him once why I didn't age to my prime like everyone else. Master's answer was that his powers worked in amusing ways sometimes. That given my death my body was forever stuck in it's prime state, given it never had the opportunity to age further."

Shai had only been fourteen when the blast occurred and the faithful night he met his end soon after.

Powers

"M..Me? I'm not that special.. really. I'd never harm anyone I don't have to..."

Despite what Kibo would likely have you believe, his powers can be rather deadly when he's not performing his 'shy, harmless kid' routine. The power he received from the blast could be summed up simply as Electrokinesis. Shai's hair normally stands on end as he charges the electricity throughout his body in preparation for his next move. This can range from physically touching and electrocuting his prey, a rather common fate for those the sire closes the distance gap between with his facade, or shooting out streaks of lightning from his palms for those that try and get away. Another unique technique Shai learned, only after his rebirth less it could have saved him, with help from his master is that while touching something capable of conducting electricity the conduit can project his body into the material and travel along it at the speed of lightning before reappearing elsewhere along it.

"The blo-blood dripping from my face? You don't understand, they had to die..."

Like any sire, Shai was gifted with certain specific qualities upon his rebirth. His crimson red eyes give him away as any other sire, but the fangs underneath his mask seal the deal. Superior strength, healing factor, and enhanced senses, even by conduit standards, are additional attributes that make such a young conduit far more menacing than what some might initially think. The desire and thirst for blood lies as one of the only side effects.

Personality

"Ma-Master has always said I have so much potential and work ahead of me for the cause. He's also the only one that always saw through my facade..."

Manipulative and silver-tongued both describe Shai to an absolute tee. His act of being nothing more than a shy teen is nothing more than pretend in reality. By making his opponents underestimate or even pity him Kibo can easily gain the upper hand on any that oppose him or, more importantly, his self-proclaimed savior. Loyalty, if only to the conduit that gave him a second eternal life, is evident in every way that the conduit lives and gives praise to the one he calls 'Master'. Moreover, Kibo yearns to win over the hearts of other conduits to enlist and help the sire cause as well as humans to act as followers. It's also the goal that he was sent out with by none other than his savior.

History

"I-I can still remember how it felt as my throat was crushed and I pulled at the rope for any sliver of air. When the mob shattered glass bottles and stabbed into my dangling, nearly dead body because just lynching me didn't satisfy their own blood lust enough..."

One of the most common, and at least mostly true, stories Shai enjoys to tell his how soon after he learned he was a conduit he was killed by a mob of humans. That after testing out his powers he had set out to return power to the generators in the city and stop the rolling black outs plaguing the city directly after the blast. That the people who watched him return power to the city were just as happy to string him up and murder a defenseless child in cold blood. He often leaves out the part where he electrocuted a person or two as an accident while returning power to the city.

"Master sa..says that my body hung from that light post for three days before he found me. Those that call him a Demon... they don't know all the good he's done in the world. All the good he has planned for the world..."

Returning from the dead had been a life changing experience for Shai. He idolized his savior and followed his orders without question from that point on. It was only when he had been nearly killed again with a conflict with the FFA that Kibo was sent away. It was the group's leader no less that would have taken the child's life if not for his Master's intervention and Shai exploited the story many times while on his journey to show the true man behind the opposition.

"Master cares about my life more than anyone that calls him a monster cares to give him credit. The only safe place was anywhere away from the main battle. So he sent me out and tasked me, personally, with recruiting any that would listen. Something only he believed me capable of. I can't count the number of lives I-I saved..."

While the number of people saved on Shai's journey is often mentioned- such as conduits who were in life threatening situations, conduit sympathizers turned cultists by Shai's words, and those with either the resources or connections to make them valuable to his Master- the body count is often left unmentioned. Now, at the entire other end of the country, Shai arrives in San Francisco with hope of finding more conduits in dire need of the same savior he himself admires as well as one... special conduit rumored to have arrived in the city. One of the conduit's Kibo's Master had told him to be specifically hunting down...

On 1/8/2017 at 0:27 AM, Mist Demon said:

Name

Shai Kibo

"My.. my parents were first generation immigrants to the land of dreams. Explains the name, right? They had chose New York no less to move to, live, and have me. Who would blame them? It's not as if anyone saw the blast coming..."

While Shai would likely never speak a word of it to anyone he wasn't soon to kill, he proudly entitles himself as an acolyte, no less than the most loyal of all, to the conduit he considers his savior.

Appearance

strange-boy.jpg

"M-My scars? You don't want to see those... Unless you're ready to see what true monsters look like. I'll let you in on a little secret. Monsters existed long before conduits did."

The evidence of rope burns seared into Shai's throat are impossible to miss to anyone that the conduit shows them to. Moreover, evidence of stab wounds cover a majority of the teen's chest. Upon his revival the savior that Shai so fondly speaks of was in the process of fully healing his wounds when the boy stopped him. He always wanted to remember what those monsters had done to him. Moreover, Shai commonly uses his wounds as a means of backing evidence to his stories and invoking emotion to his audience.

"Forever fourteen? There are worse fates. I experienced one. Yo-You know I asked him once why I didn't age to my prime like everyone else. Master's answer was that his powers worked in amusing ways sometimes. That given my death my body was forever stuck in it's prime state, given it never had the opportunity to age further."

Shai had only been fourteen when the blast occurred and the faithful night he met his end soon after.

Powers

"M..Me? I'm not that special.. really. I'd never harm anyone I don't have to..."

Despite what Kibo would likely have you believe, his powers can be rather deadly when he's not performing his 'shy, harmless kid' routine. The power he received from the blast could be summed up simply as Electrokinesis. Shai's hair normally stands on end as he charges the electricity throughout his body in preparation for his next move. This can range from physically touching and electrocuting his prey, a rather common fate for those the sire closes the distance gap between with his facade, or shooting out streaks of lightning from his palms for those that try and get away. Another unique technique Shai learned, only after his rebirth less it could have saved him, with help from his master is that while touching something capable of conducting electricity the conduit can project his body into the material and travel along it at the speed of lightning before reappearing elsewhere along it.

"The blo-blood dripping from my face? You don't understand, they had to die..."

Like any sire, Shai was gifted with certain specific qualities upon his rebirth. His crimson red eyes give him away as any other sire, but the fangs underneath his mask seal the deal. Superior strength, healing factor, and enhanced senses, even by conduit standards, are additional attributes that make such a young conduit far more menacing than what some might initially think. The desire and thirst for blood lies as one of the only side effects.

Personality

"Ma-Master has always said I have so much potential and work ahead of me for the cause. He's also the only one that always saw through my facade..."

Manipulative and silver-tongued both describe Shai to an absolute tee. His act of being nothing more than a shy teen is nothing more than pretend in reality. By making his opponents underestimate or even pity him Kibo can easily gain the upper hand on any that oppose him or, more importantly, his self-proclaimed savior. Loyalty, if only to the conduit that gave him a second eternal life, is evident in every way that the conduit lives and gives praise to the one he calls 'Master'. Moreover, Kibo yearns to win over the hearts of other conduits to enlist and help the sire cause as well as humans to act as followers. It's also the goal that he was sent out with by none other than his savior.

History

"I-I can still remember how it felt as my throat was crushed and I pulled at the rope for any sliver of air. When the mob shattered glass bottles and stabbed into my dangling, nearly dead body because just lynching me didn't satisfy their own blood lust enough..."

One of the most common, and at least mostly true, stories Shai enjoys to tell his how soon after he learned he was a conduit he was killed by a mob of humans. That after testing out his powers he had set out to return power to the generators in the city and stop the rolling black outs plaguing the city directly after the blast. That the people who watched him return power to the city were just as happy to string him up and murder a defenseless child in cold blood. He often leaves out the part where he electrocuted a person or two as an accident while returning power to the city.

"Master sa..says that my body hung from that light post for three days before he found me. Those that call him a Demon... they don't know all the good he's done in the world. All the good he has planned for the world..."

Returning from the dead had been a life changing experience for Shai. He idolized his savior and followed his orders without question from that point on. It was only when he had been nearly killed again with a conflict with the FFA that Kibo was sent away. It was the group's leader no less that would have taken the child's life if not for his Master's intervention and Shai exploited the story many times while on his journey to show the true man behind the opposition.

"Master cares about my life more than anyone that calls him a monster cares to give him credit. The only safe place was anywhere away from the main battle. So he sent me out and tasked me, personally, with recruiting any that would listen. Something only he believed me capable of. I can't count the number of lives I-I saved..."

While the number of people saved on Shai's journey is often mentioned- such as conduits who were in life threatening situations, conduit sympathizers turned cultists by Shai's words, and those with either the resources or connections to make them valuable to his Master- the body count is often left unmentioned. Now, at the entire other end of the country, Shai arrives in San Francisco with hope of finding more conduits in dire need of the same savior he himself admires as well as one... special conduit rumored to have arrived in the city. One of the conduit's Kibo's Master had told him to be specifically hunting down...

Mm.. I'm willing to accept this, so long as he isn't calling in Sires to back him up in something or changing people into them left and right. This entire roleplay is supposed to be about the lives of the people who AREN'T in the conflict that's going on in New York, but I'm willing to let some subtle influences be in play.

Mm.. I'm willing to accept this, so long as he isn't calling in Sires to back him up in something or changing people into them left and right. This entire roleplay is supposed to be about the lives of the people who AREN'T in the conflict that's going on in New York, but I'm willing to let some subtle influences be in play.

Awesome!

Besides, Shai is on a mission all of his own and I'm sure the cause is far too busy with what's going on in New York to send support across the entire country. He is, for all intents and purposes, on his own. If anything he's the one suppose to be bringing support back to New York. As for your second point, I imagine it falls back to diminishing returns. Shai is only a sire due to having the Demon's blood coursing through his body. If he attempted to sire others it would only dilute the Demon's blood even further into the new host, creating an even weaker sire. So really he'd be doing his damnest to, instead of siring conduits himself, attempt to talk them into meeting his 'Master' and joining in the great conflict on his behalf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back