• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Shadows on the Rails || CLOSED FOR NOW || CASUAL

StoneWolf18

Within the Depths of a Dream
@import url('https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Amatic+SC|Raleway');
.stonemain6{
margin: auto;
background-color: #8a7a63;
height: 620px;
width: 90%;
border: 4px solid #5c4c36;
text-align: left;
overflow: hidden;
}
.stoneimageleft6{
float: left;
}
.stonebox6{
overflow: auto;
margin-left: 20px;
margin-top: 20px;
margin-bottom: 20px;
height: 550px;
width: 468px;
float: left;
background-color: #b5a58f;
border: 4px solid #5c4c36;
text-align: left;
font-family: 'Raleway' , sans-serif;
color: black;
font-size: 18px;
padding: 10px;
}
.stoneimageright6{
float: right;
}
hr.stonehr6{
border: 0;
height: 1px;
background-image: linear-gradient(to right, rgba(0, 0, 0, 0), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.75), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0));
}

023-urban-decay-photography.png

Shadows on the Rails

There were always rumors floating around the large, never sleeping, city of Greyholm that something was inhabiting the abandoned rail yard just outside of the city. It had been put out of commission for fear of a chemical spill that to this day cannot be proven or denied. Although it is home to rodents, decaying train cars, buildings, and other such things including your occasional squatter... no one believes the existence of the so called "beats" that lurk there. Most dismissed these tales as nothing but things to scare children from going to explore the potential irradiated area. Yet the appeal of a forbidden and potentially dangerous area was too great to resist as four young adults had dared and bet each other to venture into the supposedly haunted location and spend the night.

Unknown to the four, the rail yard is in fact inhabited by something, or someones rather. For years it has been the dumping ground of a man's rather... peculiar experiments.  He had taken an interest in modifying and manipulating the human body to his will. More often than not it was animal parts being shoved onto unsuspecting victims who were in the wrong place at the wrong time, others were more fortunate and had their minds tampered with in unnatural ways giving birth to extraordinary abilities. But because of this divide, if you will, tension has been brewing. The Pack has long since created a strict hierarchy where the fittest excel and The Order has longed to rid those so called "pests" and take their place as superior.

So...what happens when these four, innocent, humans get caught up in this mess? Will they take a side, or try to escape with themselves intact?

Alright! That was a dramatic mouthful so let me do some explaining. This roleplay will be a war between human/animal hybrids and meta-humans (those with mental enhancements) with a few humans caught up in the center of it all unintentionally. Me and the ever lovely @Vampunk will be GMing this one and that means WE will be selecting what your character is afflicted with as courtesy of the crazed scientist. You will be able to choose whether they are human or have a physical or mental ability, but the rest will be up to our sadistic caring selves. To further enhance this, we won't even be deciding for our own characters but for one another, which, now that I think about it, isn't the best idea... >.> This will require at least a meaty paragraph per post (more is always lovely though!). Anyway, onto some more important things!

Factions

The Pack - Ruled by the Alpha and his few most trusted, they are usually one of the stronger and more intelligent hybrids, knowing what's best whether it be words or actions. They have a strict social order where those that favor the Alpha and can hold their own are treated much kinder than those that dislike their rule or are unable to fend for themselves. There is also a bit of racism, as the type of animals are respected in this order: canines, felines, birds of prey, birds of Paradise, other avians, reptiles, with amphibians, fish and rodents being the lowest of all.

Spots: Closed @Vampunk, @WolfOfProphecys@DergTheDergon, @Isune, @Chrysalism

The Order - This is a more civilized society that is ruled by the high council, or the most skilled mages within their ranks. Being the arrogant bastards that they are, they believe that they are more superior than their "hideous" counterparts and in turn should wipe them out least they begin to spread to human's knowledge prematurely. The Enlightened, as they refer to themselves as, are more often than not in control of one element but other powers such as telekinesis and manipulating one's physical form are all possible.

Spots: Closed, @purity@That Poppy@shadowz1995,@StoneWolf18, @Sir Pouncelot

The Uncertain - These are both hybrids and mages that have been exiled out of, left, or are unsure of their respective faction's views. They are usually frowned upon as they are unpredictable and pose a threat to both factions should they try to contact humans as most long to return to such a society.

Spots: Closed, @Petroshka, @TheHappyPikachu@Eternitycode, @Cheryl, @Archdemon

The Humans - They are your everyday Joes and Janes that wanted to try and see if they could explore the rail yard. These four have no clue about the existence of the science experiments that they are about to encounter. 

Spots: Closed, @Clairvoyance@Whisker, @Prizzy Kriyze@Zareh

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or are interested in reserving a spot please do post down below! ^^

8f102ba80fc5e974d94e147133fcc51e.jpg

Shadows on the Rails

There were always rumors floating around the large, never sleeping, city of Greyholm that something was inhabiting the abandoned rail yard just outside of the city. It had been put out of commission for fear of a chemical spill that to this day cannot be proven or denied. Although it is home to rodents, decaying train cars, buildings, and other such things including your occasional squatter... no one believes the existence of the so called "beats" that lurk there. Most dismissed these tales as nothing but things to scare children from going to explore the potential irradiated area. Yet the appeal of a forbidden and potentially dangerous area was too great to resist as four young adults had dared and bet each other to venture into the supposedly haunted location and spend the night.

Unknown to the four, the rail yard is in fact inhabited by something, or someones rather. For years it has been the dumping ground of a man's rather... peculiar experiments.  He had taken an interest in modifying and manipulating the human body to his will. More often than not it was animal parts being shoved onto unsuspecting victims who were in the wrong place at the wrong time, others were more fortunate and had their minds tampered with in unnatural ways giving birth to extraordinary abilities. But because of this divide, if you will, tension has been brewing. The Pack has long since created a strict hierarchy where the fittest excel and The Order has longed to rid those so called "pests" and take their place as superior.

So...what happens when these four, innocent, humans get caught up in this mess? Will they take a side, or try to escape with themselves intact?

Alright! That was a dramatic mouthful so let me do some explaining. This roleplay will be a war between human/animal hybrids and meta-humans (those with mental enhancements) with a few humans caught up in the center of it all unintentionally. Me and the ever lovely @Vampunk will be GMing this one and that means WE will be selecting what your character is afflicted with as courtesy of the crazed scientist. You will be able to choose whether they are human or have a physical or mental ability, but the rest will be up to our sadistic caring selves. To further enhance this, we won't even be deciding for our own characters but for one another, which, now that I think about it, isn't the best idea... >.> This will require at least a meaty paragraph per post (more is always lovely though!). Anyway, onto some more important things!

Factions
The Pack - Ruled by the Alpha and his few most trusted, they are usually one of the stronger and more intelligent hybrids, knowing what's best whether it be words or actions. They have a strict social order where those that favor the Alpha and can hold their own are treated much kinder than those that dislike their rule or are unable to fend for themselves. There is also a bit of racism, as the type of animals are respected in this order: canines, felines, birds of prey, birds of Paradise, other avians, reptiles, with amphibians, fish and rodents being the lowest of all.
Spots: Closed @Vampunk, @WolfOfProphecys, @DergTheDergon

The Order - This is a more civilized society that is ruled by the high council, or the most skilled mages within their ranks. Being the arrogant bastards that they are, they believe that they are more superior than their "hideous" counterparts and in turn should wipe them out least they begin to spread to human's knowledge prematurely. The Enlightened, as they refer to themselves as, are more often than not in control of one element but other powers such as telekinesis and manipulating one's physical form are all possible.
Spots: Closed @shadowz1995,@StoneWolf18, @Sir Pouncelot

The Uncertain - These are both hybrids and mages that have been exiled out of, left, or are unsure of their respective faction's views. They are usually frowned upon as they are unpredictable and pose a threat to both factions should they try to contact humans as most long to return to such a society.
Spots: Closed @Petroshka, @TheHappyPikachu, @Eternitycode

The Humans - They are your everyday Joes and Janes that wanted to try and see if they could explore the rail yard. These four have no clue about the existence of the science experiments that they are about to encounter. 
Spots: Closed @Clairvoyance, @Whisker

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or are interested in reserving a spot please do post down below! ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno yet im on moblie at the moment i'll have to wait until tomorrow

Lemme save you the trouble:

Spots: Four remaining, @DergTheDergon

Spots: All five open

The Uncertain - These are both hybrids and mages that have been exiled out of, left, or are unsure of their respective faction's views. They are usually frowned upon as they are unpredictable and pose a threat to both factions should they try to contact humans as most long to return to such a society.
Spots: Four remaining, @Eternitycode

Spots: All four open.

Yo. I got to hand it to you, this is actually pretty damned creative. It's a bit outside my genre, but I might bite. 

I think this sounds pretty damn cool. I'd like to reserve a spot, preferably with either a human role or a member of The Order! ^-^

Thanks! ^^ If you think you might be interested please consider reserving a roll!!

Not too sure yet. They all look pretty cool. I might just do a human role. Pack does look pretty tempting though. 

I think this sounds pretty damn cool. I'd like to reserve a spot, preferably with either a human role or a member of The Order! ^-^

Not too sure yet. They all look pretty cool. I might just do a human role. Pack does look pretty tempting though. 

We could use people in each so take your pick. :D  

Sorry about the double. It keeps popping up on small posts. 

I think I'll go with a human role. They're likely to fill up pretty fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back