• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Shadowrun

WanderingJester

Cool shuppy waddling away from explosions
SR5-1920x1080.jpg

Just curious and wanted to post this here, would anyone be interested in a shadowrun RP?

Last edited by a moderator:
You might want to try advertising a shadowrun RP in the futuristic section rather than the fandom section.  It might have a better shot drumming up interest there.

I love shadowrun, but like any other RP I would consider, I need a quality GM and a well presented premise.

You might want to try advertising a shadowrun RP in the futuristic section rather than the fandom section.  It might have a better shot drumming up interest there.

I love shadowrun, but like any other RP I would consider, I need a quality GM and a well presented premise.

Hey thanks!  I might do that!  Sorry I never got a notification for your reply, and so just saw this now  :/

Honestly, I was wondering if anyone have actually heard of the premise and setting at all, and so haven't thought of a general plot line to follow (outside of the games' 'you just inadvertantly pissed off something really powerful and it's doing its best to kill you and everyone you know!' premise.)  I'll have to think of something both structurally for the RP and such depending on the feedback.  I just really love the setting and premise of this world  xD  

Honestly, I was wondering if anyone have actually heard of the premise and setting at all, and so haven't thought of a general plot line to follow (outside of the games' 'you just inadvertantly pissed off something really powerful and it's doing its best to kill you and everyone you know!' premise.)  I'll have to think of something both structurally for the RP and such depending on the feedback.  I just really love the setting and premise of this world  xD  

It's an amazing setting.  The old Shadowrun novels I've read are still some of my greatest creative influences to this day.  I wish it had a bigger following here.

It's an amazing setting.  The old Shadowrun novels I've read are still some of my biggest creative influences to this day.  I wish it had a bigger following here.

I was very impressed with their ability to pull all of these fantasy and near future sci-fi and smush them together, yet retain much of what made humans, humans, in the characterization and the flow of history.  It's pretty amazing.

Not to mention the sheer freedom that comes from being a Shadowrunner, and the natural drama that flows from it.

Not to mention the sheer freedom that comes from being a Shadowrunner, and the natural drama that flows from it.

And the spectrum of ethical makeup among shadowrunners.  There are many different paths one can take to end up as a futuristic mercenary.  And many different people (in terms of character and morals) who might seek your services.

And the spectrum of ethical makeup among shadowrunners.  There are many different paths one can take to end up as a futuristic mercenary.  And many different people (in terms of character and morals) who might seek your services.

The ethical twist in every run is mindblowing as well.  Each mission is not what it seems.  There's difficult choices all around and it's not just a good/neutral/bad decision either.  Some might very well end with an army knocking on the front doors of your safehouse just as you get back, half shot up from a set up mission three weeks from now.

The ethical twist in every run is mindblowing as well.  Each mission is not what it seems.  There's difficult choices all around and it's not just a good/neutral/bad decision either.  Some might very well end with an army knocking on the front doors of your safehouse just as you get back, half shot up from a set up mission three weeks from now.

Absolutely.  One of the reoccurring questions of the setting is who do you trust?  And every character has to answer that question, because no one can get anywhere on their own.

Absolutely.  One of the reoccurring questions of the setting is who do you trust?  And every character has to answer that question, because no one can get anywhere on their own.

Man, I know for any RP if you get the right people together it would be amazing, but within the Shadowrun universe?  With a group of runners?  Awe-inspiring.

Man, I know for any RP if you get the right people together it would be amazing, but within the Shadowrun universe?  With a group of runners?  Awe-inspiring.

If you feel so inclined, you could open a WIP thread in the roleplay discussion section of the site for a future Shadowrun RP.  We could bounce ideas off of each other and possibly brew something worthwhile?

If you feel so inclined, you could open a WIP thread in the roleplay discussion section of the site for a future Shadowrun RP.  We could bounce ideas off of each other and possibly brew something worthwhile?

Sure, why not.  I'll make one now, tag you guys along or something ^_^.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back