• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Shadow of Death (Modern war RP with a twist)

Kabboom

very explody
Roleplay Availability
So, you've come for a war.

You'll get your war.

594724-guerra-moderna-apesta.jpg

War has broken out in modern times again. And for some reason, the nukes haven't dropped and vaporized us all. Don't ask me why, I'm just a grunt like you.

At first, things were comprehensible. Granted, we were all panicking, but it was at least comprehensible. Chinese declaring war here and there, Russia mobilizing into Europe, Germany in martial law, France in total disarray, Britain calling for reinforcements in the whatsitcalled Channel, shit like that. But now, nothing's certain anymore. Now there are just orders. 'Assault this position', 'hold that position', 'reinforce this unit', 'reinforce that unit', 'build defenses', 'storm defenses', yada yada, the list is just... unending.

And you're in the thick of it.

There's no end in sight. The big boys up top are never gonna sit down and have the peace talks at this rate. But maybe if you focused on keeping your head down, you'll live.

Maybe.

Hey guys! :D
So this is a fresh idea I had, and I wanted to share it to you guys!

This is a modern warfare RP, but with a slight twist: there is no plot armor. Gunfights and battles will be determined realistically and as fairly as possible, as well as battlefield tactics. Your player character will not be invincible. He will die if you are too careless, and peek your head up for too long in an open field. He will die if you do not immediately seek shelter during a mortar strike, and he will obviously die when an enemy gunner flanks him. Get attached to your character at your own peril.

This is not to say that deaths will be completely random, and this will be like Dark Souls or something like that. You can have multiple characters, and should your character fall in battle, you can apply a new one, and will be introduced with the next reinforcement wave.

I'm not too big on individual details, and for simplicity's sake, I'm gonna take it easy in this RP. You don't need to be overly specific and technical with the weapons, tactics, or terminology, and neither will I. For familiarity's sake, we'll be using Western weaponry against Eastern weaponry.

If you have any questions, ask me! I'm always up!

Trappy Trappy LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59

Sounds really good, count me in!

Edit: Kabboom Kabboom , Just curious to know if we'll be allowed to play as different nationalities or will we all be U.S Soldiers? (I presume based on the image posted?)

Last edited:
The image posted was just for illustration and stuff, you can play ass any nationality you want!

Don't worry about the current alliances, I'm intentionally leaving the details of the war ambiguous, so play as anyone you want!

Becker Becker

Kabboom Kabboom , Awesome sauce my dude. I'll probably make a Medic or Combat Engineer; depending on what kind of roster the RP gets. ^_^

Being in the U.S Army IRL, i think i might be able to bring some real tactics to the battlefield here *cough* Battle Drill 1 Alpha *Cough*
Kabboom Kabboom

Last edited:
Damn and here I was thinking we would be going over the top to engage the enemy with a gentlemanly bayonet duel in the middle of no-man's land.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back