• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Shadow Hunters

Eric Hayes

Hi, I know people probably think Vampire RPs are overdone, but I don't actually see too many of them right now and I've had a hankering. So this would be based in a vaguely Scandinavian/Scottish setting in medieval times (because what other time is there?) and the dark creatures of the night have risen. Vampires are the most common, Lycanthropes are less common but people see them often enough, but the real enemy are Witches whose dark magic has brought these other creatures into existence. You can be a Hunter, the clergy is required to pay you for your services, or you could haunt the night. Any thoughts? Any suggestions? Overdone? No need to be nice about it.

I haven't seen any vampire or zombie roleplays in a while (although I'm kind of glad for the decrease in zombie roleplays). What kind of lycanthropes and vampires are they, if you don't mind elaborating? Such as do the lycantrhopes only turn into wolves instead of the half form, are they allergic to silver, do they transform willing or unwillingly or both? Are vampires weakened by the sun or does it outright make them burn to a crisp (oh please no sparkling, please, please, please). Are the vampires, witches, and lycanthropes just generally terrorizing everyone, or they all made willingly? Are some hunters themselves and possibly seeking revenge? etc. etc. Can clergy members be hunters and possibly use holy symbols to fight or combat witches? etc. etc. (that's mostly detail stuff).

I have seen a lot of roleplays saying that you can play the good or bad guys but I've never actually seen it in execution so I'm not sure how it works without the two constantly combating each other per say.

[QUOTE="Thane Korino]I haven't seen any vampire or zombie roleplays in a while (although I'm kind of glad for the decrease in zombie roleplays). What kind of lycanthropes and vampires are they, if you don't mind elaborating? Such as do the lycantrhopes only turn into wolves instead of the half form, are they allergic to silver, do they transform willing or unwillingly or both? Are vampires weakened by the sun or does it outright make them burn to a crisp (oh please no sparkling, please, please, please). Are the vampires, witches, and lycanthropes just generally terrorizing everyone, or they all made willingly? Are some hunters themselves and possibly seeking revenge? etc. etc. Can clergy members be hunters and possibly use holy symbols to fight or combat witches? etc. etc. (that's mostly detail stuff).
I have seen a lot of roleplays saying that you can play the good or bad guys but I've never actually seen it in execution so I'm not sure how it works without the two constantly combating each other per say.

[/QUOTE]
In my mind lycanthropes usually are spread by bites, though I also like the Dwarf Fortress mentality that you can get cursed with it as well. They can be killed by steel, but any successful hunter has something silver to use to kill lycanthropes. A silver blade just cuts like butter through them. Also I like to think that they are a little hulkish, the turning occurs under extreme emotion. Vampires burn in the sun, it won't instantly kill them but it will after a while and it's pretty obvious when it's happening. They also hate holy symbols, but only certain ones. Vampires require blood to live, so even if they don't want to they will still need to kill. Lycanthropes are usually creatures of mild pity since they don't have control once they turn. Witches are usually just dicks. In story there would be a Prince of Bones who would be leading them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Their has been a slight decrease, But i have an rp where you can play as a vampire.

Also, i would join but my hands are tied with my own rp right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back