Other Seriously, why can't we all be Christian? It's so easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axiom Days

Devil Summoner
Seriously, people, Jesus Christ isn't asking for an arm or a leg. All He wants is for you to trust Him. And His two commandments, which by the way, are ABOVE the original Ten Commandments, is to A.) Love God and B.) Love your neighbors as yourself.

It's not hard, people. And you don't even need to go to church. There are millions of Christians out there who don't belong in any church, yet experience the same level of spiritual satiety as those who do.

I understand how someone can be an atheist. Atheism, as much as I disagree with it, is the product of a rational, intellectual mind, which is good. But we also have the heart, which is aching for something more than what the mind can grasp.

There are many versions of Christianity out there. The one I'm proposing in this thread involves having a personal relationship with God Himself. It's really easy. Here's how it's done...

Go to your room, or anywhere that is quiet and peaceful. Bow down and pray these words... "God, I am searching for you. Please show me a sign that you are with me."

After that, wait for a few days and see if He comes knocking on your door to show you His presence. He won't literally knock on your door, but I guarantee that He will show Himself to you in one way or another.

This shit ain't magic. It's REAL. If you only step back and analyze, you will notice how blessed you really are, and how God Himself blesses you. And if you actually go out of your way to search for Him, you will find Him. He's here with us all and doesn't mind listening to our prayers.

I'm not here to argue, but if you wanna get philosophical with me, I have only three things to say to you.

Number one. Pascal's wager. Look it up.

Number two: The cosmological argument. Look it up.

Number three: The teleological argument. Look it up.

There is more to life than heresy. And when the Anti-Christ rises and rules, we'll all will have to pick a side. Choose Jesus.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Jesus-was-not-a-zombie-he-was-a-lich.png

The OP of this thread is not constructive or open to a debate/conversation, and is also literally tagged as being a "shitpost". The posts within this thread are also unfocused and are clearly not treating this as a discussion. The General Discussion forum is not the place to post these threads, and belittling others' religious/non-religious beliefs is not a constructive topic for discussion or welcome on this site. The staff would prefer to see less of these conversations in general, particularly given the non-constructive nature the discussions often take. Controversial topics are tricky. While some very worthwhile discussions can come out of asking genuine questions, or from the users within a thread creating a positive/open discussion, neither of those things are the case with this particular thread.

For those reasons, I'm closing things off here. We'd like to ask the users who read this to refrain from making these types of threads and to keep "shitposts" out of the General Discussion subforum ^_^ Genuine topics about religion should be posted in Personal Discussion and this type of humor (shitposting) is best kept within PMs among like-minded individuals who are able to appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back