• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom September 24, Daylight

302c3ade38ae55ee91ed393d7bc4157c.jpg

Mamiya Aoi

A tacky tune blasted from the ten-year-old radio that had scribbled on its side of a child's drawing with a faded permanent marker. "Good afternoon people of Racoon City. This just in! It seems that an unknown disease has been spreading here in our little City, creating an influx of patients through clinics and the hospital. How it is spreading is still a mystery but researchers are currently studying the disease. Stay safe everyone, reported to you live by Khalil Jones." Click!

She heard it said just as she got off the shower, hair still dripping wet dew to her shoulders. The cold made chills crawl up her spine, prompting her to continue harshly drying her hair with her towel. "Hmmm hmmm hm." She hummed to the music playing from the radio after the quick announcement. A classic by Queen, Somebody to Love.

Aoi bobbed her head to the beat. Throwing the towel to the nearby chair, or was it the table? It didn't really matter. She was having fun at the moment, singing along as she walked towards the fridge to take out the box of cereal and a carton of soon-to-be expired milk. "Can anybody find meeeeeee sooomebody to loooove!" She belted as the last chords of the song were played.

She poured some cereal into the bowl, swaying her hips to the music. It wasn't her favorite breakfast but it was the easiest to make for someone who needs to hurry like her. "Fuck. I'm late!" Like always. That was nothing new, although being late once again would put a nail to her grades.

"Aoi!" Called out a friend who ran to her side. "Did you hear about Mrs. Johnson?"

Her face scrunched into a wonder. She just got to school with her handy bike, "What do you mean? Is there no class?"

"No. She fainted just before she got in the room. They say it might be the disease that's been going around in the hospital." Her friend, Veronica whispered like it was such a scandal. But it wasn't like anyone expected this. Mrs. John was still fairly young and healthy at that. She never took a sick leave as she never got sick in all the years Aoi knew the woman.

Aoi continued her conversation with Veronica as she placed her bike at one of the slots and proceeded to drink at the nearby water fountain. She found herself making a disgusted face and pointing out how the water tasted weird, something Veronica merely dismisses. "Hey, we should go eat. I was gonna have a snack but didn't since I thought I was gonna be late. Besides, it's almost dinner time, what do you say?" She whined, giving her friend the puppy dog eyes to better convince the other to join her.

"Alright, fine. We can go." Veronica rolled her eyes while Aoi cheered in silent victory.

The smell of different dishes wafted in the air, conversations of fear filled the room. "Aoi! Veronica! Welcome." As always, the hospitable caterer had botched her name and pronounced her name as Awi. She doesn't mind, at this point, she just finds it amusing. "Glad to see you again. Last I saw you both were two weeks ago, right?" The young students gave a simple yes before finding their seats. She ordered the usual meal she always had and took a seat near the cook. She was a bit surprised that she was offered a bottle of juice to go with her meal, "People have been complaining about the water tasting weird. Don't worry, it's on the house."

"I did notice that earlier." She said rather excitedly, her brain trying to churn up ideas as to why. Was it related to the sudden disease? Who knows. She wasn't a med student to be able to figure that out.

"I can't believe this." Aoi heard someone say from behind her. It was the police, evident by their uniform and shiny badge. She heard them talk about being called back into the department and civilian reports. It was weird as these kinds of things weren't exactly common in Racoon City.

"Aand here it is! One special order and a club sandwich." Aoi was drooling, food had never looked so tastier to her until now. She took a bite of the chicken quite ravenously than she intended and took in a spoonful of mashed potato and gravy. Still, it felt like nothing was coming down to her stomach. Who knew that one can gain such an appetite from not eating for almost a whole day.

She was about to take another bite when her Nokia 6150 rang inside the restaurant. "Dad?" She said, the food muffling her voice.

"Aoi, Aoi, where are you?" She heard him say amidst the noise coming from his side.

"I'm at-"

"Listen to me, okay? Whatever you do, do not go outside. Promise me that you will not go outside no matter what? Okay?"

She was about to speak when she heard a scream from his side of the line then a thud before the line went blank. She didn't understand what was going on but it must have had something to do with the incident the police officers were talking about after all her father was a police too. "I think I have to go. T-to the Police Station, I need to check up on my dad."

Ksshk. "This just in, everyone stay safe as multiple incidents have happened over the course of the day of people getting violent. It is advised that everyone get back to their homes and stay inside while police are handling the case." The radio blurted out. The news had made a lot of people anxious, to Aoi, it made her heart sink. She ran immediately outside, failing to recognize Veronica calling for her but she need to get to the Racoon Police Department first, she needed to make sure her father was alive.

|| interaction: Woebegone Woebegone

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back