• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Sengoku Jidai[A Samurai/Feudal Japan RP]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Sopranos

The Sop
[div class=background][div class=tittle]
Sengoku Jidai​
[/div][div class=content]
4tA25K2.jpg
A new age, an age of war is coming in Japan...

It's the 16th century in feudal Japan. For hundreds of years, the Ashikaga had ruled over the land, kept it in peace and harmony. But in their later days, the Shogun soon lost influence and control over the daimyos(local lord), especially those whose domains were far from the capital, Kyoto. The daimyos started to grow stronger in both influence and military, but most importantly they do show more and more freely. Many of these Lords began to fight uncontrollably with each other for control over land and influence over the shogunate. This situation brought Japan to a potential of a warring state.

1554, Ashikaga Ichiro, the current Shogun, was assassinated. There were rumors that someone poisoned his drink. The death of the Shogun left Japan without a rightful ruler. And soon there were many opportunists. Watanabe Clan of Tango province, lead by Watanabe Yoshiro, marched into Kyoto. Watanabe clan was powerful and well-known to be loyal to the Shogun. Therefore it was shocking and unforgivable what they decided to do when they arrived to Kyoto. The Watanabe, in the name of loyalty under the Shogun, used their influence to quickly install the only child of the last Shogun as the new shogun, although that child was only 6 years old. It was a movement to use the Shogun as a puppet. With the Shogun in his hand, Watanabe Yoshiro seized control of the capital and his clan became the most powerful clan in the center.

a1ae1aca051eefab4debbfa496fd17ed.jpg

Yoshiro didn't take long before used his power to widen his territory. Yoshiro started attacking others clan for their territories and claimed it was the will of the Shogun to unite Japan. His neighbors in the west, Tanba, Tajima and Tettsu were early victims Weaker clans surrendered their territories to Watanabe Clan so that they could live. For those daimyos who refused, their lands suffered war. Not so many could hold again the powerful clan Watanabe and for those who couldn't, a merciless death await. Soon Japan was put into a warring state by the warlord Watanabe Yoshiro.

Meanwhile, the shogun family was kept in the capital, under Watanabe's control. The little Shogun was too young to understand anything while his mother's devastated to see her son on that throne, being used by a tyrant to take away lives of his own people. 1556, Yukihime (Lady Yuki), wife of the last Shogun and mother of the current Shogun, wrote a letter to encourage every daimyo to raise their armies again Yoshiro and stop this demon's mindless killing. With the help of many other Shogun's loyalists, the message was sent far to every clan in Japan, calling them for war again the tyrant Watanabe.
[/div][/div]
[class=background]
border: solid 2px snow;
border-radius: 5px;
[/class]
[class=tittle]
background-color: #43450f;
background-image: url(http://www.transparenttextures.com/patterns/arabesque.png);
font-family: Encode Sans Condensed;
font-size: 50px;
text-align: justify;
[/class]
[class=content]
background-color: #8a8549;
background-image: url(http://www.transparenttextures.com/patterns/arabesque.png);
font-family: Dosis;
font-size: 18px;
[/class](This RP is opening for new joiners, please contact us in our OOC thread, the discord group or me directly if you have any question. Post your character sheet in our character sheet thread. This is the IC thread, you're allowed to post here when your characters are accepted. Please do not post here to ask questions.)

Last edited:
[div class=background][div class=tittle]
Letter to the Daimyōs​
[/div][div class=content]
2374.jpg
"The traitor Watanabe Yoshiro has proven to be an enemy of our country. Once a loyal servant for my husband. But as soon as my husband deceased, he took off his mask and revealed to be a hungry wolf. He used my only son, a young child who just lost his father, to seize control over the capital and power for his clan. With that power, he proved to be the devil of our nation. He marched his massive army across Japan and started a killing spree. Wherever he goes, blood spilled. He kills anyone who get in his way and loot everything he can. For years he has slayed so many good men and women of this country, our citizen, our children. The people is living not just in poverty, but desperation and fear.

And as my people is suffering, my family and my son are being abused by that tyrant, that demon in men's clothes, for power. While me, my sisters and daughters are being jailed in this frightening castle in Kyoto, my son, your Shogun, is treated like a puppet. Yoshiro has no respect for the Shogun. At this moment, I, the mother of your Shogun, call for all of the lords of across the land. I summon all the daimyo to raise your army, your swords again the demon that destroying Japan. To all the lords, the heroes out their, stand together and march an army into Kyoto, an army larger than any army in our history to slay down the tyrant. His crimes again the people of our nation are unforgivable, and I call for all of you to fight again him. We need to defeat the Watanabe, to save your Shogun, and to save your country.

Yukihime"​

[/div][/div]
[class=background]
border: solid 2px snow;
border-radius: 5px;
[/class]
[class=tittle]
background-color: #43450f;
font-family: Encode Sans Condensed;
font-size: 50px;
text-align: justify;
[/class]
[class=content]
background-color: #8a8549;
font-family: Dosis;
font-size: 17px;
[/class]

Kawagoe Castle - Musashi Provence.

"His crimes against the people of our nation are unforgivable, and I call for all of you to fight against him. We need to defeat the Watanabe, to save your Shogun, and to save your country." Narisane placed the letter onto the table as he finished reading it. Silence filled the small council room as the several major retainers, Narisane, Rinko, and Kagatame wrapped their heads around the meaning of this letter. It was common knowledge that the Watanabe had been rather aggressive in their expansion and many had expected foul play when it came to supervising the shogun, but no one expected this. A letter straight from the shogun's mother, a call to arms to fight back against a tyrant who had grown to full of himself. It wasn't uncommon for highly ambitious lords to make it into the shoguns inner circle... but to have the audacity to make the shogun a mere puppet was something else.

"We should answer the call. Raise our flags high, seek allies, and march on the traitor striking him down before he can cause any more pain" said Rinko, an uncommonly grim look on her face. "Let us not be hasty" replied Narisane, "The Watanabe are massive with tons of minor clans supporting them. Unless we get a sizable amount of support we will be outmatched and destroyed." retorted Narisane. "There are sure to be other clans to rise up to fight this traitor, this is a request from the mother of the shogun herself. If we don't answer her call we will be no better than accomplices!" Narisane sighed, "My lady please calm down. Looking at it from a logical point of veiw the most likely outcome down this path is the destruction of the Nak-" Narisane was cut off by a loud pounding noise as Kagatame slammed his fist on the table.

The circumstances of this problem hit a personal string for Kagatame. Some bastard had wormed his way into a fathers court and now was using the son as a puppet while keeping his family hostage. "How dare he" muttered Kagatame as he stood up. The entire room could see the rage in the young lords eyes burning as bright as flame. "How dare he! Listen well Nakane! Raise your men, raise your banners, and sharpen your blades. Spread the message through out Japan the Riders of Nakane will answer the call against the traitor Watanbe,! We will hunt him down, Rescue the Shogun and his family, and send that bastard screaming for mercy to Izinami! Any and all who claim to be supporters of the shogun, supporters of there county, or who seek to root out evil must join us in our pursuits! Forwards to Victory!" Kagatame's speech was greeted by many cheers from his retainers and a pleased round of applause from his mother. There were some retainers including Nagisane who looked unhappy but Kagatame knew despite not approving of his decision Narisane would follow him loyally.

After the meeting came to an end Kagateame would meet with indivual lords and retainers who wanted to talk while others would return straight home to speak to their families and prepare for war. Messengers would be sent out to clans far and wide carrying the announcement of the Nakane's decision to fight against the traitor Watanabe and that they were seeking allies to join them in the fight.

3t7LIlM.png

Clan: Ueno Clan
Name: Ueno Ichiro - Daimyō of Ueno
Place: Yamato Province
Time: Morning - Summer 1556
With: Daimyō from across Japan
Tag: Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 Minyari Minyari animegirl20 animegirl20 Dante Verren Dante Verren Pure Calcium Pure Calcium T TrueMandalorian590 Alteras Alteras Becker Becker adrian_ adrian_ Pure Calcium Pure Calcium Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi
"Father, brothers, are you looking at me from heaven ? For all those years that you doubted that I'll never be able to achieve greater things than you. I've already done what all of you couldn't do in your time, I've taken Kawachi and driven the Yamada away like the dogs they were. I've achieved great things, but to pay for it, now I'm the enemy of a demon. Grandfather, father, brothers, please watch over the land you built, your people and all the brave heroes who are marching here on your soil. Give us the strength to defeat this serpent... And what might happen after that."

Lord Ueno finished his praying to his ancestors before he left their graves. It's an important day and he couldn't afford to be late, Lord Ueno got to his horse and quickly went back with his servant.

It's been half a year ever since the Shogun's mother sent her order to all the lord in the land to raise an army again the tyrant Watanabe. Ever since then, there had been just a small number of clans that publicly show their support to the Shogun family in the land. Ueno was one of them, but it wasn't just for the well-being of the Shogun. The order's arrival was just a perfect opportunity for him to declare war again the rival clan, Yamada. And they did, a quick and completed victory, 3 castles claimed. But soon as the battle was over, he knew that he had kicked in the bee's nest. Yamada was Watanabe's ally and he had made himself their enemy. Therefore it's urgent for him to find allies in this fight.

A month ago, same time the war with the Yamada happened, Lord Ueno had also sent letters toward many daimyos in the region. In the letter he stated that he wants to form a strong coalition between all the lords in the land. Lord Ueno asked the lords to march their army to his land, where they would officially form an alliance and stand together again the enemy, and from their can push deeper into the north and drive away the traitor that keeping the Shogun's family. From Yamato, it would be a perfect place to fight and kill the serpent Watanabe Yoshiro. If any lords still care for their shogun, for their own people then they would come to Yamato.

Today would be that day, the province of Yamato was waiting for armies from across the land marching here, with anger and burning passion to behead the mutual enemy of the nation, Watanabe Yoshiro. In here, camps were already made waiting for the soldiers from many clan.

"Lord Ueno, the lord of Echizen has arrived with 10000 men. And the lord of Noto also just arrived with 5000 men." - As Lord Ueno Ichiro was sitting in his camp, his retainer came and reported the situation outside. Ichiro-sama wasn't seem to be too impressed with what he just heard from his men.

"Anything else ? " - Lord Ueno asked

"I just heard from Musashi that lord Nakane just raised his banner, make it clear that he wants to punish the bastard and save the Shogun. We should expect him to arrive here soon."

"The young pup from Musashi, that should be expected of him." - Lord Ueno smiled slightly thinking about the current daimyo of the Nakane. He remembered seeing Kagatame before, his father would be proud to have such a brave son. - "How come those I'm expecting to come have yet to come..."

Lord Ueno answered with a sigh, he was still waiting for someone.

(For the next post, every daimyo character mention your character march their army and arrive to Yamato to form an alliance in your post. All the retainer character mention following their lord to Yamato.)

Last edited:

v1Qi7Sb.png

Marshal Kuroda Yuji

3oOC2eC.jpg

Interacted: Minyari Minyari Pure Calcium Pure Calcium
Mentioned: N/A

Casting aside his plows and rice-paddy hat, the man in blue swept aside his long hair to the fleeting breeze of the summer’s haze. Sweat filled his brows, like the morning dew upon the settled grass. He locked gaze with the encroaching ashigaru*, whose urgent demeanor caught the attention of the energetic farmer. The middle-aged footman quickly bowed before the younger farmer, before speaking.

“Kuroda-sama, sir! Your presence is required within the hall.”

“Duly noted, oji-san. I shall make haste. Please, take some water, you are relieved of your duties.”

Yuji relieved the man of his duty with a cup of water, before grabbing the rest of his equipment.

“Your assistance was very much welcomed, Kuroda-sama. Please visit us whenever you can!” the farmers shouted, as they waved the man goodbye.

The Marshal quickly bowed to his farmer companions with respect for their hard work, as he made haste towards Mina* on foot. Strolling along the countryside road, the man took deep breaths of Mino’s fresh air, of which was far from the reaches of the busy province. In its placid environment, he had found some comfort among the careless whispers of the wind-swept trees and the dedication of his countrymen. Despite his status as an officer of the Kuroda clan, the man had preferred to settle on foot, disciplining himself with each step, fighting hubris and temptations with every wake of his mind and consciousness.

Yuji believed in the disciplines of his physical conditions, as well as the force of complete tranquility. Yet even so, his mind was settled on another - whose visage and manners have caught his heart racing with every season of his life ever since. Before long, the Marshal had made it to Mina’s doorstep, bypassing the busy districts that surrounded the castle. The eerie silence that befell his approach within the castle caught him off-guard, as if he had been teleported to a different world - a world of political silence, as compared to the mindless noises of his brother’s subjects’ liberty. The man tied his pair of swords neatly by his side, before entering the hall, where the others were already waiting. Yuji retracted his form and leaned his head against the pristine cherry-wood floor, bowing before Tatsuya, his brother and Daimyo of the Kuroda Clan. His hands tucked before him, as he spoke.

“Forgive me for my tardiness. I am here to answer your summons, Tatsuya-dono.”

Lifting his gaze slightly at the woman who sat across his designated seat in the room, Kuroda cast a slight smile, of which she would return hers tenfold with a bright look on her face. Her jet-black hair flowed beneath her shoulders, of which were secured by a blue and gold robe - a gift of their recent anniversary. Seeing her face had gradually lifted the serious facade of the diligent Yuji, as he held tightly onto what sentiments he had for her. No matter how fleeting it might have been since his ascension to Marshal, his work did not keep him far from his wife, of whom had sewn the sinews of their common cause for love. Although his quiet personality had dominated much of his rather objective demeanor, Yuji had came to terms with his delicate wife, of whom had now been made the diplomatic advisor of the Kuroda’s court.

Translation notes:
1. Ashigaru: Common foot soldier of many feudal Japanese clans. They are distinguished from others by their metal conical hats and single-piece cuirass. Kuroda soldiers don blue armor and white clan-crests.
2. Mina: Capital of Mino Province. Home and seat of power for the Kuroda Clan.

v1Qi7Sb.png

Daimyō Kuroda Tatsutya

BVUW2NDqPE3W7OLcrLuQzlQkwpEb9EqB3uc1ILaUaCIASz8YYMQlZZZ3ZmhQXkc4lC2iKP10KPsOwWYSmV3INPgPHB3C51OXvVwFE2oe7Z9FhJ5wbD_fLpPGH-qssE41lfSpXKDX

Interacted: Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 Pure Calcium Pure Calcium
Mentioned: Sopranos Sopranos

His morning robes flew gently with the flow of the morning breeze, as the sun’s rays lay atop of the man. Taking a deep breath of the summer’s mild air, Tatsuya stood on the balcony of Mina Castle overlooking her city, a proud and gleaming smile on his face. The day was still young, but the streets were beyond crowded and busy. The infamous morning market place bustling with customers and many shopkeepers yelling over the noise of the crowds to advertise their products.

“Send a message out to the council members. A meeting is to be held by morning and attendance is required.”

“Swiftly, Kuroda-sama.”

The messenger calmly bowed as if it was practiced and rehearsed thousands of times before. Sliding the wooden door open as he quietly exited before closing the door afterwards. Walking back from the balcony Tatsuya entered his bedroom once again. The room was quite vast with a huge and extravagant bed at the center of it all. Besides the bed, the room was relatively empty with very few decorations other than the basics. A yawning, young woman arose from the bed sheets with quite a bed head as she shifted her eyes towards Tatsuya with a bright smile.

“Good morning my cherry blossom.”

“Morning Tatsuya!”

“I’ll be busy all day, take your time but don’t stay too long.”

With the help of the woman Tatsuya quickly changed from his morning robe into his Daimyo robes as he made his way towards the clan hall. Taking a seat at the center - end of the court, he quickly ordered his breakfast to be brought to him as he picked up the white letter on his table. Unsealing the letter, Tatsuya closely read each line with a mix of facial expressions. By the time his breakfast arrived, Tatsuya sat there in deep thought of the appropriate plans.

A trickling rain of the clan’s council officials dripped their way into the clan hall as they took their respective seats. The two sides of the room were divided between the civil and military council, the seats slowly but surely were filled. Eyeing the seats, one seat in particular was not quite present. Marshal Kuroda Yuji, his brother. Sighing with a disappointing, yet not surprised expression, Tatsuya glanced back down to the letter in his hands before the entrance of Yuji caught his attention back up.

“It’s about time you showed up Yuji.”

“Forgive me for my tardiness. I am here to answer your summons, Tatsuya-dono.”

“No need for the apologies. Let’s quickly begin the meeting.”

By the time Yuji entered the air was thick and filled with incense from multiple sources of kiseru [1]. A collective of prominent members of the Kuroda Clan sat in an orderly fashion by matter of importance in the closed door clan hall with a sense of eager and worry. Tatsuya rarely called council meetings unless there was a serious reason.

“I have received a letter from shogun's mother, as did the many other Daimyō. She has called banners to rebel against the ‘traitor Watanabe Yoshiro’. I request my council’s advice please do voice your thoughts.”

Translation notes:
[1] a Japanese smoking pipe traditionally used for smoking kizami, a finely shredded tobacco product resembling hair

The sound of soldiers marching filled the air such a sound either brings hope or despair either way both have a sense of uniform to them. Yet these soldiers were different each seemed to march to their own beat all of which seemed lax the type of behavior that would of never flown with any other leader except these three. At the head of the soldiers were three warriors known by most as the Three Demon Generals Mizuaki, Tachibana and finally Shugachi Oniware. They also each marched to their own beat Mizuaki seemed as if her head was in the clouds, while Shugachi walked with purpose and confidence like a true soldiers, Tachibana walked as if she had never been on a battlefield before. Finally they spotted their destination the Yamato Providence. It's fair to be surprised that a band of mercenaries would be invited especially ones as ruthless as the Oniware. That's because they in fact weren't invited and decided to come on their own. "I'm shocked we didn't even get an invitation." Mizuaki pouted Tachibana nodded her head in agreement. "It's like they wanted to hog all the fun to themselves right Shugachi?" Shugachi didn't look back but still responded. "I suppose they didn't account on us getting bored like we did. Though they should've stirring up trouble is what we do best." Mizuaki chuckled at Shugachi's comment. "You got that right Shu-chan." The men each chuckled as well Shugachi himself stayed stone faced. Like he had expected they met resistance at the gate leading deeper into the camp Mizuaki got ready to step forward but Shugachi stopped her. "We are here to help Lord Ueno." Tachibana peaked out from behind Shugachi with a mischievous grin. "Seems like he'll need it." The guards didn't budge Shugachi sighed seeing this could be a problem.
Sopranos Sopranos

1530120452140.jpeg
Daimyo- Aki Mitsuyo
Location- Bungo
She was at her castle in her room looking through her new ship models of the ships she was building but also the letter that was send by the shoguns mother. She already new he couldn’t be trusted after his little conquest and threating the other clans. She knew that a boy that age was never the true ruler and that someone else had a part to play with these recent events. She was still pondering what to do. She stood up and walked to the window,opening it, and walking around her balcony. She could see how her people were prospering. Markets we’re fill with goods from China and the West, People we’re singing and dancing across Bungo, New inventions were being made everyday and shown through the streets, ashigaru patrolling the streets crushing crime to its core. As she looked at her people prospering, she was interrupted by one of her retainers called Aka Mitzi. She looked at him with a face of anger as he barged in without notice and was bowing on the floor.
“I’m busy, how dare you interrupted me without giving me a notice of your arrival.”
“I’m so sorry miss but something new has come up.”
“Fine Fine, speak, of it’s nothing but lies or foolish, I shall have your tongue as payment.
“Forgive me miss.” He shows him a message from Ueno Ichiro. She reads and looks through the message.
“It seems miss that he calling for clans to form a alliance with him to crush Watanabe and his so called allies.”
She finishes reading and places the message on the table with her battle plans.
“What should we do miss.”
She ponders and responds.
“This is a golden opportunity we can’t miss. Ever since he came into power he’s been harrsing my trading routes for tribute and wants me to willing give all my Machlocks I possessed in the name of the Shogun or so he says. With him out of our way we can continue to expand our trading with the other clans and keep our Machlocks.”
Her retainer notices she had a large grin on her face.
“Is that all miss.”
She looks back at him.
“Fine I’ll humor you. This is very golden as we can use the Shogun to our favor. Once we liberate him we will bring him into our favor. With this the Shogun and the mother will back us up. Who knows maybe we can use them to rule Kyoto. But I’m getting ahead of myself, anyway we shall prepare for war. Brief them on the situation,assemble all of our ashigaru and our samurais.”
“Even our Machlocks ashigarus.”
“Of course, we shall show the other clans that we are not something to ignore.”
As the retainer bows and rushes to inform the other retainers of the plan, she walks into her room form the balcony and looks at the the photo of her father.
“We called the Shogun for help before he died, we begged him to help us but all he did was nothing and let us be almost destroyed and our people slaughtered.” She picks up a knife from her table and stabs the message from the Shogun. “I’ll help him alright, but they will suffer for not helping my father and our people.”
She looks out at the sun, as she prepares for war.

Nakane Army- Yamato Provence

Not long after the arrival of the Oniware the air was once more filled with the noise of a marching force, although this one was a bit larger. Stretching for quiet a distance and marching in formation the 27,000 man Nakane army entered into Yamato. As the sun shined down on the army the light reflected off of recently polished weapons and armor seeming to surround the army in a brilliant glow. None of these men had seen a real conflict in a quite a while, a good handfull of these men were veterans of the Sagami conflict and some even participated in the Musahi pacification but had never seen war on this scale before. The rest of the army were well trained but had yet to see actual combat. For them it would be their first and for some it would be their last war.

Leading the main army was the pride of the Nakane, he armored calvary of Musahi. 3,000 men strong they were the most skilled mounted warriors of eastern japan and had played a key part in all of the Nakane's battles. Following behind was 7,000 light horseman with 5,000 archers. and 12,000 infantry. Kagatame wanted to bring more men but his advisers cautioned him against it, stating that with other lords bringing their own soldiers they would have enough numbers and that the Nakane still needed soldiers back home to defend their own land. faced with the facts Kagatame couldn't allow himself to bring the other men he wanted to. Even without the extra men 27,000 was a sizable number.

As the army arrived outside of the town Narisane ordered the men out of formation to take a break, eat some food, and care for the animals. Camp would be made later in the location designated by Lord Ueno. Once he finished giving out the orders Kagatame flanked by Narisane and Rinko made there way on horseback to the gates. The three of them stopped infront of the gates to ask permission to enter. "Nakane Kagatame, Daimyo of the Nakane, lord of Musahi, and Lord of Sagami request entrance into the castle and a meeting with lord Ueno" he said to the guards. The three of them were lightly armed, Kagatame only had his fathers sword at his side, while Narisane had his single katana, and Rinko had her naginata held in a relaxed position in her hand leaning against her shoulder. They would hold onto there weapons for now but if need be they would leave them outside of the castle if not allowed to bring them inside.
Sopranos Sopranos

3t7LIlM.png

With: Nakane Clan (Nakane Kagatame - Ujie Narisane - Nakane Rinko)
Tag: Dante Verren Dante Verren
"Kagatame-sama! It's an honor for you to join us. Please, our lord is..."

Before his gatekeeper could've finished the sentence, lord Ueno already arrived to the gate. He wanted to give the Daimyō of Musashi a personal welcome of his own. As he moved forward toward the young Nakane and his retainers, lord Ueno gave the surprised gatekeeper a sign to go back to his duty and leave the leader of Nakane to him.

"Such a display, young one. That's how a true lord should make an entrance."

The old lord of Yamato said with bright eyes staring at the Nakane impressive army in front of him. Next he turned to lady Rinko as he put on a welcome, warming smile toward her.

"You're husband must be very happy, looking from the heaven. Lady Rinko."

And he also didn't forget to greet Narisane, the long-time loyal retainer of the Nakane. Lord Ueno reached to him and dusted off the shoulder pad of the general with a soft chuckle.

"And you, Narisane ? Still sharp, I see." - Lord Ueno said before took a step back and looked at all the three members that's representing Nakane Clan - "With Nakane Clan here by our side, my concern is no more. But you all must be tired from travelling, how about a quick rest and a hot meal ? Rest you men. I already have your camp prepared, its in the northeast, next to mine in fact. Please take a good rest. When the other lord arrive, we will have much to discuss."

As he said, Lord Ueno quickly had his men escort the Nakane to their camp. Before leaving with them into his camp, he took one last long look at the Nakane's army. It was such a large army, probably would be the largest army that contribute to his alliance. A mix thought of relief and concern came to his mind as he saw such scene. The Nakane had grown so strong in such a short period of time...

--------------------------------------​
2367.jpg
With: Oniware Clan (Shugachi Oniware - Mizuaki Oniware - Tachibana Oniware)
Tag: Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi
Outside the gate, soon there were others coming. One of them was an odd clan, with banner that didn't belong to any area. They were represented by three characters, one men escorted by two women. The fact that they're all armed gave a clue that they're either here to join the alliance or to fight. As they walking toward the alliance camp, they're immediately stopped by the gatecaptain.

"I've never seen that banner before. Who are you and where are you from ? What clan do you serve ?"

Beside the gate captain, there were a lots of men guarding a strong, tough to break gate. There wouldn't be any chances for them to pass that gate without permission. And to do that they would have to get clear with this gate captain first.

Last edited:
As the soldier questioned Shugachi a few Oniware chuckled Tachibana acted shocked. "You don't know us!?" Shugachi answered for the soldier. "Of course not our name hasn't spread far enough and as such I shall explain. We are the Oniware we have come to offer our help to the Lord Ueno no doubt he would appreciate the help." Tachibana then waved a hand at the soldier. "Yeah so if you could just go get him that'd be great." Shugachi shot her a glare making her sigh. "Please." She added as if that made her previous comment any less rude. Mizuaki leaned towards Shugachi and whispered. "What if things get violent?" He simply responded by looking at her then to their soldiers which was all she needed to understand. "I ask that you let us speak to Lord Ueno we would be glad to prove ourselves to him if the need be." Tachibana and Mizuaki both were visually happy at the possibility.
Sopranos Sopranos

Nakane Army- Yamato Provence.

A smile crossed the faces of both Kagatame and Rinko as Lord Ueno made his surprise visit while Narisane stayed as stone faced as ever. The three of them were not expecting to meet him at the gate. They either got luckily and arrived as he was leaving his castle or it was a testament to his good character. The three preffered to think it was the latter but either one worked. Kagatame had only ever seen the older man once or twice when he was younger and his father was still alive so he didn't have much he could say on the matter. Narisane had met the lord of Yamato a few times, he was a sharp man and easy to have a conversation. From his experiences he could also knew that lord Ueno was a dangerous man, one that you had to maneuver carefully around.

"Thank you for your kind words Ueno-sama. I more than anyone know that my husband is drinking with his ancestors in heaven bragging to the rest of the family about how great of a man his son has become." Rinko replied warmly. As the older man dusted off his shoulder Narisane bowed his head in respect, "You are to kind my lord." Raising his head he contiuned, "Neither my blade or mind has dulled since last we met. nor will they until I join my brother in heaven."

Before Kagatame and his companions departed to the encampment he gave Lord Ueno a nod of gratitude. "Thank you for your hospitality. I only wish I could ave brought more soldiers to contribute to the Coalition. I shall await your summons for when the other lords arrive." with that Kagatame, Narisane, and Rinko followed the soldiers tasked with showing them the location of their camp. The Nakane army followed suit moving over to the camp and settling down waiting for the order to break camp and begin the march to war.
Sopranos Sopranos

Nakane Camp- Yamato Provence.

The three of them sat together in Kagatame's commander tent around a table with a map of japan on it. Kagatame sat their studying the map in silence, while Narisane sat with a cup full of Sake. "What other forces have arrived besides our own?" Asked Rinko. Before answering Narisane took a sip from his cup, "So far it seems the lord of Echizen and the lord of Noto got here before us. Echizen bearing around 10,000 and Noto 5,000. A third unidentified force is here as well but there clan markings aren't one we are familiar with." Narisane took another sip from his cup as he finished his report. "I wonder how many more will answer the call" murmured Kagatame.

3t7LIlM.png

"Oniware ? Haven't heard of it before ? Where are you come from... Wait, it doesn't matter, if Ueno-sama didn't invite you, then..."

"... you will kick them out ?" - The gatekeeper was soon intercepted by his lord, again. Another time today that lord Ueno checked the gate by himself, it could be said that's a habit of him, or that he was just expecting someone. But whatever it was, he soon encountered something unexpected, though no surprise was expressed on the lord's face. He turned into his gatekeeper and continued speaking - "Hearing that the land is at danger, your Shogun is in danger, so warriors across the land have arrived here to fight. So tell me, soldier. Do you think it's right to force them to leave ? It's furious that the warriors of this land need permission to fight for their own country ? " - Then quickly he turned into a guard post nearby, lord Ueno said out loud intentionally while pointing his finger at the scolded gatekeeper - "Men! Dismiss this man and have someone else guard this gate immediately! Someone who understands manners!"

As soon as he dismissed his man and replaced him, Lord Ueno stepped forward to the members that represented the Oniware clan.

"I am humbly sorry for the manners of my men. I am Ueno Ichiro, it was me who called this meeting. I heard that you're here to help us and I am honored. But it's true that we have never heard of such clan. Could you please repeat where are your clan located and what is the name of your lord for me ?"

v1Qi7Sb.png

Marshal Kuroda Yuji

3oOC2eC.jpg

Interacted: Minyari Minyari

Taking his seat at the end of the Military Council row, Yuji awaited the response of the council's mixed thoughts. Tatsuya took notes of their concerns and worries, before passing on his subjects' oppositions as the two councils proposed the positives and negatives of the Shogun's mother's letter. To many, it was a chance to prove the Kuroda's prowess and dedication to the cause, while others resented the ideas of external conflicts that would plunge Mino into chaos. Yuji swallowed these words with a sip of his tea at the table and raised his voice.

“The sons of Mino have known peace and prosperity with your hard works, my honorable council. Perhaps it is now the Heaven's Will that the Kuroda must make a stand for what we believe in. That said, I do believe that we must stand beside our neighbors, on our honor and the protection of our people - even now, the Watanabe's control have disrupted much of our trade with the capital with their extensive exploit of their new tariff system. With your will, Tatsuya-dono, we shall see to the Watanabe regime's end, but we must be swift in our course of actions.”

Yuji had more words in his voice than he did for the last few years. There was something about the ominous letter and the summer's haze that tugged at his heart. A storm was coming, and the Marshal could only abide by its calling, despite his contempt for a war. Across from him, Yui could only remain silent at her husband's troubled visage. The hall was now plagued with a brief silence at the young Marshal's words. Their eyes and ears now tended to the Daimyo's posture, whose thoughts were yet to be announced.

Translation notes:
N/A

v1Qi7Sb.png

Daimyō Kuroda Tatsutya

BVUW2NDqPE3W7OLcrLuQzlQkwpEb9EqB3uc1ILaUaCIASz8YYMQlZZZ3ZmhQXkc4lC2iKP10KPsOwWYSmV3INPgPHB3C51OXvVwFE2oe7Z9FhJ5wbD_fLpPGH-qssE41lfSpXKDX

"...With your will, Tatsuya-dono, we shall see to the Watanabe regime's end, but we must be swift in our course of actions.”

A ringing sound of silence filled the clan hall as the few-worded marshal spoke out his thoughts. He agreed to the joining the alliance in retaliation to the Watanabe Clan and that the clan's trade with the capital has suffered under the unfair tariffs, however the decision of to send his army out from his province which is directly against the clan's traditions. However. The unfair trade which is a key route between the capital and our clan is a direct declaration of hostilities towards us!

"Every decision I make is for the better for our people. I believe that the decision to send the young men off to an unforeseeable fate should be an honorable one. We shall send half of our army to contribute to the military alliance, however we shall also drain out a few vaults of our rice inorder to feed our army and liberate the people under the tyrannical rule of the Watanabe Clan!", *slams hand on the table*, "Marshals! Assemble the men! Civil officials get to work with the storages as well as spreading the news! The Kuroda Clan of the Mino Province marches off to war!"

Finishing off the clan meeting with his short speech, Tatsuya quickly began discussing with his marshals about the assembly of their army as well as formulating the logistics and marching routes to the Yamato Province. Upon a few days of preparation, Tatsuya and his army of 5,000 marched off towards the Yamato Province with the intention of rallying alongside the Ueno Clan and others.

Translation notes:

Baosanniang-dw7.jpgXun had only been in Japan for a week and now she was about to get involved in a war that honestly she really knew nothing about. Her retainers and advisors had been talking about the issue on their own with out really including her. Mostly that was done because she was very very new to all of this and now more then ever they had to make sure that the Fujimoto Clan showed it's self to be a strong and competent. Their clan was very known and had became even more known because of the last Daimyo, her father, who had made quite a name for himself with his drinking, gambling and womanizing. It was important that the impression made was a good one. Xun was suddenly being put on a horse and was being told they were on their way to see the Ueno Clan. They try to make her change into something more proper clothes or at least some armor but she refused to change. While they traveled her one of her retainers explained the situation to her about the Shogun. Xun of course agreed that they should go help but it would of been nice to know before hand. How many troops did they bring with them anyway? She turned around to look at them all. Jeez how was anyone suppose to keep up with that many people? As they made their way to the gates Xun turned to Keiji who basically acted as her guardian and advisor. "Keiji is their anything I need to do or say when we reach the gate?"
Sopranos Sopranos

Off the shores of the provinces, Aki and her 20,000 Troops lands on Settsu province. The clan was in financial debt and owed a consider amount of money to the Mitsuyo clan, Aki used this exploit and decide to use them to owe favors, they land with no opposition and speed towards the Yamato province. As there marching through she ponders of this rag tag bunch is just enough to crush there enemy and save the Shogun, on her horse she looks up at the sky, she then turns her back seeing her Troops marching for her with her fellow retainers beside her. She turns her head back and continues marching with her Troops to the destination.

Shugachi stood straight as the old man approached attempting to appear more dignified in hopes it made up for his very undignified allies. "By all means you do not have to apologize sir we understand completely the hesitation. Especially considering we are a mostly unknown group. We are only 2,000 strong but I can assure you what we lack in numbers we make up for in everywhere else." At the question of the name of their lord the three generals looked at each other then Shugachi answered. "We don't have a lord instead myself and my two friends here oversee everything." Tachibana put her arm around Shugachi smiling. "Who needs a crummy old lord when we have this cutie to help lead us." Shugachi glared at Tachibana making her back off not out of fear but simply cause she understood she was about to cross a line not worth crossing Shugachi then continued. "As for where we come from that's a difficult question since we are few in numbers we normally set up camp wherever we can. We have to stay moving if we wish to find conflict that's what has brought us here in fact." Mizuaki now chimed in. "Yeah word's getting around there's gonna be some crazy fighting and we just couldn't sit it out." Shugachi nodded in agreement. "As such we would like to ask for your permission in joining your cause and fighting alongside you." Tachibana cut in once more. "Course it don't come free." Shugachi sighed we could settle such a matter at a later date of course after we prove ourselves." Tachibana rolled her eyes earning her an elbow to the rib from Mizuaki.
Sopranos Sopranos

iuzejVH.png

Clan: Fujimoto Clan
Name: Shibata Keiji - Retainer of Fujimoto
With: Fujimoto Xun
Tag: animegirl20 animegirl20

It had been a long time ago before he marched an army, on horseback behind a Fujimoto to go to war. On his younger day, Keiji had many battles with his first Fujimoto lord, Nobuyuki, who was Xun's grandfather. In some of them, he were leading general. Lord Nobuyuki wasn't just his lord, but his mentor and almost another father to him. Therefore it's depressing for him when lord Nobuyuki died, and to his lord grave Keiji sworn his everlasting loyalty toward the Fujimoto, to serve his clan until death take him away. But that promise made difficult for him when Fujimoto Masami, Lord Nobuyuki son inherited his place. A talent man yet lack of dedication ruling the clan, it was a hard time and there were more than many temptations to overthrow a weak leader. But as time passed and Keiji's hair turned white, his loyalty to the Fujimoto stayed the same. At the moment, Keiji, at his 73, was still serving his third Fujimoto daimyo, the rightful daimyo of the Fujimoto, Lady Xun.

Keiji sympathized for his lord, Lady Xun, for having to lead an army to war despite being so young. Following her from behind, he saw himself. Keiji entered the Fujimoto at the same time, when he was just 19 years old. And lord Nobuyuki kept him around, mentored him and allowed him to serve. It's the least Keiji could do to look after his lord granddaughter.

For lady Xun, he admitted that she's truly the daughter of his last lord, in every aspect. Not just with a talent for martial art, she's wild and strong-willed. She's quick-witted and had a sense of righteousness. She would make a goo daimyo with the right direction and the right people around her. It's his duty to make sure she wouldn't go the same way as her father.

As Keiji turned to lady Xun, she was looking at her troop of 10000 men with a discouraged look. After a few months ever since lady Xun returned to become the daimyo, Keiji had almost got used with her pace. Now he started to know where to find her if she would to get away when her presence is needed. Though it's still a long way from making her a good ruler.

"You just need to mention that it's an honor to join the alliance and fight the enemy that abusing our shogun." - He stopped for a moment to take a look at Xun, before asking - "How are you feeling right now, my lady ?"

He was concerned for her, for having to go to war at such a young age.

3t7LIlM.png

"I see. 2000 men yet you still decide to challenge the giant army of Watanabe. You have my admiration and respect, young men and women of Oniware."

As lord Ueno listened the young warriors of Oniware introduced themselves, he suddenly remembered that he might have heard of them before. There was a rumor perhaps, about a group of mercenary in a village the west. They didn't steal or extort the villagers, but instead sometimes protect them from bandits and outlaws from the outside. They even went as far as raiding the daimyo's rice granary and shared it to the villagers later. Despite many attempts from the daimyo over there to eradicate them from his land, they kept coming back. But they were rumors, and those lord Ueno wouldn't want to mention here, especially in the meeting in front of other lords.

"Who needs a crummy old lord when we have this cutie to help lead us."

Lord Ueno burst out a laugh so loud that everyone there would be able to hear, as soon as he heard Tachibana's saying.

"Truer words have never been said, young lady. We're just a few old dogs, something left from the last dynasty. The fate of this country depend on the hand of young, ambitious one out there... and here. We're all here just to fix a mistake from the past, so that the young men and women of Japan can lead this country in a better direction."

Lord Ueno said as he looked in the eyes of all three leading members of the Oniware.

"But your men should already be tired from travelling, come, a place to rest and a hot meal might be the answer of that."

Before he continued, Lord Ueno turned to one of his men.

"There should be some space in the south gates, quickly prepare a camp for the warriors of Oniware!"

After the servant left, Lord Ueno gave the Oniware a last suggestion.

"Please follow my men, they will show you your camp. When you're at the camp, please take a rest and stay in there. If you need something, you can just ask one of my men. Do not go outside and try to avoid other lords. Don't leave the camp until there is a summoning from me."

The lord took one last look as the Oniware made their way to their camp. They were nowhere as many and terrifying like other armies had marched here before. Their marching formation was a big mess, like they didn't intend to do so, but their bond was strong, just by the look. The same thing could be said about their leaders, all three walked on the same line meaning that they're all equal. It was something about them that caught lord Ueno attention, especially their leaders. The Oniware could be a formidable ally or a fearsome opponent in the future.​

v1Qi7Sb.png

Daimyō Kuroda Tatsutya

A brief inspection of his army lead by his marshals as well as Tatsuya himself took place before the Kuroda army’s departure from Mina City and Mino as a province. Some soldiers were anxious, some were excited, others could care less. The thousands of faces each had a different feeling and or thinking of the whole situation. The inspection was complete as the final soldier was checked out as the army made it’s departure through the main street of the city.On top of his horse sat Tatsuya in the Kuroda Clan blue in his samurai armor, spear in hand, staring intensely at Mina before departing with his army. Burning the image vividly in his mind as they made way through the Mino Province, visiting many towns and villages. His people.

The day had become dusk by the time the sight of a rather large encampment came into view of the Kuroda Army. The camp was brightly lit with campfires and the the joyful cries of the banter between the multiple clansmen took place. Tatsuya eased his horse forwards as he rode at the forefront of the army leading it closer towards the alliance’s encampment. Holding his army back, Tatsuya and his older brother made way to the entrance of the encampment as they introduced themselves.

“Daimyō Tatsuya of the Kuroda Clan, lord of the Mino Province. Army of 5,000 is here to join the alliance against the Watanabe Clan!”

Translation notes:
N/A

v1Qi7Sb.png

Marshal Kuroda Yuji

3oOC2eC.jpg

Interacted: (open for interaction with anyone within the camp)
Mentioned: Minyari Minyari T TrueMandalorian590

Mino Province

“A calm mind resets the heart at work, dear husband.”

“I suppose so. Even so, I could not shake off this disturbance in the air.”

Yuji fell his sights into the distant horizon of Mino, as he stood from his home’s balcony, overlooking most of Mina’s outlying districts. His train of thoughts would abruptly end as he could feel his wife’s warm embrace from behind. Turning around, the Marshal kissed her gently upon her forehead, stroking her waterfall hair delicately, as if tending to the buds of the summer’s harvest.

“I… I promise to retur-...”

“No. No promises. You always come home, my dear.”

Yui interrupted her husband’s words, as she secured his waist sash and belt. It was common for the wives of Mino to tend to their husbands’ arms of war. Yuji knew this, but even so, he was more concerned of her safety over his. As befitted of his stature, the marshal had but only one soul to give, and that was to his wife. The two lovebirds met their lips, before the marshal departed, grabbing his white spear, as he left. Yuji remained home as a husband, but left as a soldier. His visage carried the weight of a stern commander. As he made his way towards the barracks, the man caught sight of a familiar ashigaru, of whom had summoned him before on the field.

“Oji-san!”

“Hai! Kuroda-sama!”

“At ease. What is your name?”

“Hideyoshi. Hideyoshi Shun, sir.”

“You’re my personal runner from now on, Hideyoshi-san.”

“B-but I… ”

“You’ll work it out, Hideyoshi-san.”

“I… I… Yes sir!”

Yuji continued his inspection of the main army, before signalling the rest of his officers to pack up their things and rally on the road. Before long, the ashigarus had assembled with their banners and arms of war standing tall above them. Despite Mino being a farmer’s province to many, the marshal’s leadership over the years have strengthened the morale of his men - particularly the conscripted personnel. It was a way to prove himself and his men to be able to handle frontline duties, despite their common reputations as common cannon-fodders. But known throughout Mino, the Kuroda ashigarus are a strong-willed army, led by a man of discerning examples. Yuji went over the logistics and their equipment one last time, before leading them forward, behind the vanguard under the Daimyo. Where one befell his own mistakes, the Marshal would not reprimand him, but rather attempt to fix the individual’s stature - prompting a sense of unit cohesion within those under his command. To Yuji, everyone is equal in war, and each must do his part for each other’s survival.

Yamato Province

The marshal diligently tend to his men along the way, and before long, they had found themselves in the province of Yamato, where a multitude of other clans and their gathered troops dotted the field. It was a sight to see for many, but a worrisome one for Yuji. Breaking from his thoughts, the marshal assisted his men in their mundane tasks of unloading supplies and weapon caches. The Kuroda’s rearguard had taken position a few miles away from the main encampment in order to not cause too much confusion among the other clans, as well as securing their own auxiliary provisions from the eyes of the enemy’s locked gaze on the main camp. He waved Shun over and gave him a set of orders to pass on to the rest of the officers, before taking off towards the main camp.

Yuji caught sight of an encroaching army, of which was tainted by the smell of the open seas, and studied their approach. Catching the leading figure that tended to her army, the marshal tipped his helmet with a slight bow as she passed, acknowledging her role as a Daimyo, despite a young age. But even so, the marshal was glad to find a leader of his age, as many others would usually frown upon the Kuroda's youthful faces.

Translation notes:
N/A

Aki arrives with her 20000 forces under her control at the gates of the castle. She jumps of her houses and walks up to the gates. She looks up and sees the gate with multiple clan banners with also large amount of warriors. She ponder and see that maybe this coalition would work. She walked up to the guards. “I’m here to join this crusade to liberate the Shogun, where is ueno I wish to speak to him.

ilr14cR.png
HS6KmDD.png

Name: Retainers of Ueno (Sasaki Agon - Muto Heihachi)
With: Kuroda Clan (Kuroda Tatsuya - Kuroda Yuji)
Tag: Minyari Minyari Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59

"Agon, the Kuroda has arrived. Let's go."

When the Kuroda clan arrived to Yamato, it wasn't lord Ueno himself who welcomed them in person. There were actually 2 men this time, one stood taller and bigger than anyone, another looked thin and small. One looked strong and mighty, like a beast, with a giant spear in his hand. The other looked young and handsome, calm and composed. As both men who represented Kuroda arrived, both men stepped forward toward them.

"Lord Kuroda, master Yuji. It's an honor to have you here by our side for this battle. Our lord knew you would arrived, but unfortunately he is busy with other affairs. Therefore he told us to welcome you instead."

Said the young, handsome man with a gentle, humble tone. It was Sasaki Agon. the left arm of lord Ueno. He's a major retainer and advisor for Ueno clan. But before the Kuroda could've answered to Agon's welcome...

"So you're Yuji, they said that you're the most skillful spearmen that Mino ever produced. Is it true ?"

The big man from behind raised his voice, in a rough, barbaric voice. That was Muto Heihachi, "The beast of the East" and lord Ueno's right arm. He's the leading officer for Ueno Clan and one of the most fearsome warrior in the land with many achievement.

"Watch your mouth, you idiot. Don't you see who you're talking to ?" - Agon quickly scolded Heihachi - "Lord Kuroda, Master Yuji, please forgive for Muto's lack of manners. I'm assure of you that he will be punished by or lord for such acts."

Heihachi looked at Agon with annoyance. But it was more like a look that one child would give another than something to be concerned about..

dg41Ufe.png

With: Mitsuyo Clan (Aki Mitsuyo)
Tag: T TrueMandalorian590

"Ueno-sama! The Mitsuyo has finally arrived. Lady Aki wished to speak with you.

As the lord of Yamato was taking time to analyze the map on his table, a messenger arrived and gave him the new.

"Very well. I will come."

Then not long after that, lord Ueno had arrived to the camp entrance. From there, a large army in front of him was able to amazed him greatly. It was Mitsuyo army to contribute to this war. But he soon turned into their lord and commander.

"Lady Aki, pardon me, I was taking a little time to look at your army, it was enormous. If I were Watanabe, If would reconsider my option after seeing such a stunning display... - He laughed - "But I know that you're wanting to see me. Please come inside and we will talk."

v1Qi7Sb.png

Marshal Kuroda Yuji

3oOC2eC.jpg

Interacted: Sopranos Sopranos Minyari Minyari

The marshal was now beside his brother - greeted by two eccentric officers, whose words were more friendly than their strange presence. Letting his white spear loose beside him, Yuji bowed the two men politely.

"So you're Yuji, they said that you're the most skillful spearmen that Mino ever produced. Is it true?"

"Lord Kuroda, Master Yuji, please forgive for Muto's lack of manners. I'm assure of you that he will be punished by or lord for such acts."

“A warrior as befit of his honest works, master Sasaki. I've heard many things about you both as an ardent student of the art of war. A pleasure to meet your acquaintances. Should this answer your question, master Muto, I must say I am but a grain of rice in the world of martial arts. My spearmanship is all I can offer to the cause, but undeserving of your given praises.”

Yuji spoke, greeting the two with his earnest reply where he felt the pride of his spearmanship is brought to questioned. A humble mind quells the heart of pride and carelessness, or so the marshal thought.

“There are many things to be discussed for the day's end and our forces' dispositions. What say you, Tatsuya-dono?”

Yuji continued, addressing his brother with respect, despite being related by blood. Even though he had kept his distance in speech, Yuji makes it up for his brother by his actions on the field - something he is keen on discussing and enacting for the next day's course of actions.

Translation notes:
N/A

Noh_-_SW.pngMiyako had grew bored waiting with her mother and sisters. Her father was busy introducing the clans. But she wanted to as well why did she have to wait here? Sure they would meet them later but still she wanted help out. Her sisters and mother seemed fine with waiting. "Well I'm going to help father out." Miyako stood up. Her mother looked up at her. "Your father will be fine dear Agon and Heihachi are helping him." Miyako crossed arms. "But still." Her mother sighed. "Fine go ahead." Miyako smiled and headed out. Chou watched her sister leave. "Hope she doesn't loose that temper of her's while the clan leaders are here visiting."

Miyako made it up to one of the gates and she spotted Agon and Heihachi. She smiled and walked up to them. "Well morning how are my two favorite boys?" She said still smiling. She then look at the two clan leaders. She glanced at the clan's symbol. They must of been....Kuroda Clan. "Oh the Kuroda Clan it is good have you here." She said politely. Miyako bowed her head ever so slightly then lifted it back up. She looked at Agon and Heihachi. "What are you two waiting for go ahead and let them in."
Sopranos Sopranos
Minyari Minyari
Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59

Users who are viewing this thread

Back