Semi Regular Lack of Motivation?

call me rae

Closing this account
So I have always wondered if I'm the only one who finds themselves going on hiatus at near seasonal intervals or if it's just a me thing so to speak.

The thing is will happen at least a few times in a year where I'll find myself either too busy in real life or just burnt out and without inspiration to roleplay. 

And then lo I go on another hiatus for a little bit until the inspiration comes back and I'm back and ready to roleplay.

So my question is does anyone else find this happening to them? Where they get semi-regular bouts of writer's block so to speak ( wherein you just lack the motivation to post at all not for a specific roleplay )

Or is it really just something that only happens to me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mhm, maybe once a week or so I find myself with a severe lack of motivation to do anything pretty much. It's seems as if for that day or few hours it lasts, nothing can keep my interest or entertain me all while wanting to write but not having the inspiration or will to do so.

However it's not just for a specific roleplay but everything in general. 

@StoneWolf18 that's interesting. For me it's more of a longer period, I'll have a few months where I'm heavily motivated then all of a sudden the motivation vanishes and I'll have a month or so where I just cannot motivate myself to write any kind of roleplay replies. 

But it's nice to know I'm not the only one who goes through a lack of motivation on a semi regular basis.

Nope you are not alone at all! I only just came back from a two month long bout of writers block.  Even when I am actively participating in a role play occasionally I will take a few days off just so that I can enjoy other things (reading, solo writing, video games) and recharge myself just to avoid these long lasting absences. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back