• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Seeking Serious Authors to Help me Develop a Book

Seahomie

100% Pure Star Dust
Hello everyone. This may be different than what you might've expected, but I'm not looking for a roleplay partner, but rather, someone who's willing to create a full-fledged story with me. Someone willing to construct ideas back and forth, edit the document on their own time, tell me when my ideas are rubbish, and then some. I'm not going to make this thread all fancy and such, but I will throw down what I'm expecting in terms of a partner. Then I'll go over plots and such. I am only looking for one person, as well.

About Me
I'm a college student studying subjects revolving around astronomy and aerospace engineering whilst balancing a job on top of that. From January onward, I will be picking up an extra class so to get ahead, meaning my time shall be reduced even more so. This translates to me not being able to write every single day of my life, which sucks, but I'm hoping you can understand this. However, this doesn't imply that I will bail on you six out of seven days as I love communicating OOC and do so daily. Whether that's learning more about you or hashing out intricate details, I just talk.... a lot. I'm friendly and laid back (at least I like to think so) and don't cause any problems whatsoever when it comes to ideas and whatever else. I love to listen to what it is you have in mind and build further from them. It's all about compromise, yes? I tend to be serious at first, but I assure you, I do have a sense of humour buried within the repressed social skills I lack.

Requirements
I tend to be harsh here, but I'm strict on what I want.

-A creative soul who tends to have outlandish ideas that can be molded against the theme of the plot
-Someone willing to contribute immensely to the plot, the writing, and the not-so-fun bits as well
-Someone willing to participate in the story making via Google Docs
-This sounds pretentious as Hell, I know, but someone with a vast variety of knowledge on vocabulary, grammar techniques, and punctuation. I understand mistakes, we all have them, but I would rather keep those to a minimum if that makes any sense
-Someone willing to keep in touch with me OOC so I know where we're headed, what your schedule is, etc.
-Someone enthusiastic about my plots. If you're only half-way convinced this is right for you, I'm going to inform you that it isn't. I don't want to be in the middle of producing a story only to be dropped because you've become disinterested. Please be understanding of that.
-Someone who understands the tedious process and hard work that's going to be put into this. It won't just be plot developing, it'll be building consistent characters, researching scenes, hours of discussion, and more. I will not tolerate laziness or half-assed work. If you want to write with me, I need you to put in 100% every time you open up that document.
-Take this seriously but also have fun with it. It's not something I'm doing because I'm bored and have nothing better else to do (trust me, I think designing launch craft is more entertaining at times), I want to do this to create something I'm proud of. Something that makes sense, is consistent and has an entertaining story with plausible outcomes. Writing is fun for me generally, but all my work is taken earnestly.

Plot

It's truly just an idea at this point, but I read a post suggesting that someone creates a medium in which the narrator (or protagonist) endures a series of grueling, morally conflicting tasks and in the end, they have this self-reflection period where they realize they're the villain. I'm not looking for cliches here such as a "tragic backstory about his parents" or "I'm seeking revenge because X hurt Y and Y is close to me." I want something original and have some ideas for where I want to take this, but obviously, I'm not exactly sure how. If that makes sense. I'm looking to make this a fantasy genre as well, but again, am lost on setting and the semantics of it all.

If interested, PM me an introduction and I will gladly scan it over. If you'd like to communicate somewhere besides RpN's system, then I will give you my information accordingly. I hope to hear from you!

-Aurora

Users who are viewing this thread

Back