• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Seeking Echoes

MoltenLightning

aquatic fluff nugget~

Seeking Echoes

So... Echoes. The perplex beings of time. Echoes, as foretold by many, are ancient beings. These ancient beings all have their own treacherous tales of woe. But after these experiences, they unlocked godly abilities. One day, however, all 8 Echoes just disappeared. After years of searching, people started questioning whether these god-like figures in time ever existed. After so long, people dismissed them as 'myths', or 'legends', having no real evidence to support their existence.

But no more. These ancient beings have used their power to enchant artifacts that have been lost for ages, never to be found unless their great powers were needed again. Creatures were happy at the time, since the artifacts disappearance meant times of peace and prosperit
y...

Now, unfortunately, is no longer the time for peace. A strange darkness will soon fall upon us all, and we need to be ready. The Echoes are stirring, signaling a time of great change. A large amount of people have no idea whats in store for them, and so they have turned the most prestigious magic academy of all time to seek guidance.

Thing is, you're but a humble school student, just wishing to hone your magical abilities. Are you up to the task of wielding such power and responsibility? Probably not...

Echoes
There are, in total, 8 Echoes from ancient times. They each had one representation, something that showed how they would use their abilities.

ANIMAL, HEART, STAR, SPIRIT, MIND, CURSE, HOLY AND CHAOS

These are the 8 that were allowed to ascend to Echoes. Now, they have passed their powers on to you. With their help, hopefully we shall defeat this time of darkness...

~~~~~~

Animal

An Animal's abilities include anything animal-like or related to animals in some way. This can include animal-morphing, animal communication, etc. Though, their powers are wild and unpredictable, possibly causing problems. Especially when you want to become a horse or something, and then you become a mouse...

~~~~~~~

Heart

The Heart uses their or others emotions to draw strength from, normally to strengthen either healing or empathetic abilities. Their mental state and emotional state can be altered by other emotions, but as time goes on they might be able to control that more. The more dark and gloomy the emotions, the less effective their abilities become...

~~~~~~~

Star

Well, this one is up to the imagination. Quite literally, as Stars can have almost any power they can think up. This is only temporary, and if used longer can have adverse affects on the Star. Say the Star tries to shoot stars from their hands, the stars will eventually start to explode closer and closer to their user. And, this happens incredibly fast, so best be careful...

~~~~~~~

Spirit

The Spirit can use apparitions for different tasks, such as combat, house-cleaning, and possessing objects. They might even be able to escape their own body. Though, the Spirit has to be careful. The ghosts that serve them are tricky, and if not held under a tight leash might wreak havoc...

~~~~~~~

Mind

Allows the use of the mind's full potential, whether that be manipulation, communication, movement, or just smarts is up to The Mind who wields this power. The Mind's physical body is, however, weaker than most...

~~~~~~~

Curse

This is exactly as you'd expect. The Curse allows the user to enchant or curse certain things, though the opposite will happen to the Curse. If they enchant something, they themselves will get cursed in some way. The same with cursing, as if they curse others it is to the benefit of themselves...

~~~~~~~

Holy

Able to manipulate light or protect those in need, the Holy is more of a guardian angel than anything. They can use the light to provide different protecting effects, or to vanquish those trying to attack those in need. However, in the face of darkness, they themselves cannot do much except shine light to attract its attention...

~~~~~~~

Chaos

The Chaos is... Well, quirky. They are allowed to manipulate different illusions, perspectives, and sometimes even the physical plane itself. Though, this power does come with some strange after effects, if The Chaos is skilled enough they can amplify those weird effects or minimize them. It rather random, and can have many varying results.

School
456_image_4.jpg

Welcome to the Hydra Academy!

We hope you enjoy your stay!

This Academy is known by its colors of black, purple, and gold, one of the most Elite academies on the continent of Gaze. In response to the strange events that have started happening, this school has started accepting almost anyone. But if you don't pass the entrance 'test', you aren't going anywhere.

Secretly, the school is trying to protect as much youth as they can by keeping them there. However, if you do pass the exam on a whim, you will be shown the Echoes to see if you are worthy. The only way to pass the Exam is to show you are apart of the 9% of the populous that has a Signature. And it seems you have passed. Congrats on that, by the way. You will be training with the others, put on missions, then allowed a few days of rest in your Dorms. Dorms will be 4 people each. Have fun.

~Mrs. Haven

Rules & Expectations
Hello, and welcome to my humble RP! I am very glad you decided to look at this, and will be even more delighted if you're interested! Alright, lets talk rules..

~~~~~~~

- One paragraph minimum of good grammar. Good grammar is important in any RP, so please don't join if your grammar is... Well, not good. Mistakes from time to time are okay, but not constantly.

- Be kind of regular with your posts. Don't have to be daily, but at least once every two or three days. I just don't want you getting left behind, cause that isn't fun. And, well, the whole point is to have fun.

- No Godmodding. I know this RP has stuff to do with ancient deities that are all powerful... But your character isn't one.

- Keep things clean. Don't want anything inappropriate happening... Also, if you character is a

'sailor mouth' please censor it. I don't want to have to read that, makes me want to scrub my mouth with soap.

- I'll only be accepting
8 people, but I'll take quality over whose first. There are sometimes exceptions, like teachers, NPCs, villains, but PM is required.

- Enjoy yourself!

- Like this post if you read the rules!

- Ask me about any problems or suggestions you have. I'm definitely still open to anything, and your opinion will be taken into consideration.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back