• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Seeking Advanced Roleplayers

Cello

Cheese Connoisseur
Hello! I have about four years of roleplaying experience, and I usually write a few well-written paragraphs per character. I'm looking for a partner or two who can reply at least once a week with thoughtful posts.

I'm pretty adaptable and accustomed to writing a diverse range of characters, so I wouldn't mind if you already have a specific role in mind. I'm fine with playing multiple characters.

However, I'd prefer photos or realistic art for faceclaims instead of anime. If we're doing a fandom RP, I'd like for us to play original characters in the universe and not canon characters.

Genres
  • high fantasy
  • modern
  • royalty
  • old-fashioned
  • slice of life
  • supernatural
  • animals/hybrids
Style
  • I'm completely comfortable with LGBT+ characters and same-sex relationships
  • I have about equal experience in playing both male and female characters
  • I'm okay with either on-site or off-site roleplays
Fandoms
  • Warrior Cats
  • Zootopia
  • Harry Potter
  • American Horror Story
The lists are not exhaustive, so please ask me about other interests we may share! Feel free to invite me to your new group roleplays as well c:

Some of my writing samples are below! I understand how appreciated it is to have a partner who can match you in skill, and I'd be comfortable writing anything up to this length. These are particularly long, but I hope they can provide you with an idea of the detail I write with.

1073 words said:
After many days of traveling, the breathtaking Arundel Castle of West Sussex loomed before them. The German prince noticed the countless anticipating eyes watching him and his entourage. Horns blared and crowds roared; it felt as if noise bombarded the path from all directions. The people who were awaiting the arrival of the last of the royal children erupted into an even louder cheer once they caught a glimpse of him on his steed. It made him uncomfortable, not only because of the stares but because the people knew exactly who he was while he knew nothing about them. He only knew them as commoners and strangers, but what did they know about him? He was Fabian Albrecht Lazarus, Crown Prince of Germany, eldest child of Maximilian and Adelina Lazarus, musical prodigy, heir to the throne.

He hated that. They expected so much of him. Maybe most would consider it a privilege to be born into such nobility. After all, Fabian did have the honor of studying under the best minds and musicians of the era. He couldn't forget that. It's true what some say about great power and great responsibility. The prince needn't worry about trivial details like where his next meal will come from, he just has to worry for his kingdom. That's the way of things, simple enough, yet he still questioned it.

And now that they're finally here, perhaps it was a better idea for him to have stayed in the carriage. Although Fabian was quite accustomed to the attention like any other royal, he certainly wasn't fond of it. The only exception was when he was performing, but it was so easy for him to become lost in the music that he would barely notice if an entire court was watching. That was probably why he loved it so much. He made a quick movement with one hand to tug uncomfortably on the collar of his muted blue coat, which was noticeably loose, too tall and slightly too wide for his frame. It did nothing to compliment his figure; however, it was of an artisan's quality and the exact color of his eyes. He only wore it because the coat had belonged to his father, a proud man of a stalwart build and a stalwart demeanor. Of course Fabian had his own attire: he has all the coats he had ever desired and more. But his Majesty King Maximilian wished for his son to be just like him.

It was given to him at the dawn of his tenth birthday. "With time, you will grow into it," the king explained to his son in their native German. "And when it fits you, you will be fitting to rule this kingdom of ours." His deep and resonant voice was one that belonged to someone who rumbled when he spoke. A decade later, the blue-gray coat is still far too large, but it no longer trails on the ground when Fabian walks. At this age, it seems like he'll never grow into it even if he had all the time in the world. That's fine. It's not like he minds.

At least his loyal horse accompanied him now: a snowy white mare with a mane as soft as silk. Wilhelmina, an elegant name for an elegant horse. Fabian had insisted that they take her with them to England. For the past several kilometers, she has been his closest, most appreciated, and also the only friend he had. Moving toward the iron gates in a rhythmic trot, the prince and his ride were flanked by mounted guards on either side at all times. Behind them was the carriage, and ahead was a pair of men waving comically large flags as a symbol of their homeland in the sky. How inconspicuous, he thought with an eye roll and a smile.

The heavy gates dropped once they had reached the castle courtyard and the final carriage was inside. Suddenly cloaked rider blurred past them, startling both the prince and his mare, who huffed indignantly at the surprise. The scene that followed was unexpected but somehow welcome. "A memorable way to make an entrance," he found himself chuckling under his breath when the mystery revealed herself to be Princess Moira. Turning toward the stairs, Fabian dismounted from his steed as she turned her head to look at him in turn. "Thanks again, Mina," he praised once both feet were on the earth again. It was one of his quirks, to thank the horse he rode for a safe journey, which was possibly silly but ultimately harmless. The tone was affectionately sincere, and he didn't even bother to lower his voice.

Taking his place among the royals at the entrance, Fabian noticed a black dog sitting obediently beside his master, a gentleman who was almost a head taller than him. The distinctive posture and blond hair were hints to his identity, and he quickly recognized him as Prince Leif of Norway. Dogs did not exist within the walls of his family's castle in Germany. The queen was allergic, so they cared for cats instead. Several cats, actually. Could he have brought a cat with him? Perhaps not, perhaps they weren't as hardy as dogs. Fabian didn't know, but he couldn't have just chosen just one cat anyway.

"Prince Fabian Albrecht Lazarus of Germany!" announced a clear voice, snapping said prince out of his thoughts. Then he realized he had been staring at the dog and averted his gaze with a sheepish grin.

Fabian nodded in response to the acknowledgment before turning to King Richard, who was, to him, not only the King of England, but also the father of the woman he is betrothed to. "Your Majesty! I'm honored to see that you and your kingdom are continuing to flourish," he greeted with a deep bow.

"Oh, of course ― thank you, Fabian!" he replied heartily. "Warmest welcomes!"

Then there was his beautiful daughter beside him. He kneeled swiftly to kiss Princess Alexandrine's hand, before tilting his head to look up at her eyes. Rising again, he said nothing and simply moved to a good place to stand and wait. Some possibly considered it to be a forward action, but he simply viewed it as one out of courtesy.

Maybe the Summit wouldn't be all politics and alliances. Maybe some of these strangers could become friends. Who knows what will come in the next month?

584 words said:
He shifted awkwardly again among the royals at the castle entrance. The coat was still too large, and after being able to study some of the other young ladies and gentlemen, Fabian came to notice how handsomely dressed each of them were. However, this was no time to be so conscious of himself. His entourage was situated a little distance away in the courtyard, looking up at the group. They were staring, watching their prince closely as well as examining his new acquaintances. They would be the first to notice if he made one wrong move. He couldn't embarrass himself, for the sake of his people and their pride. Their pride, he repeated again in his mind, wasn't that the reason why he was here?

When someone tapped him on the shoulder, Fabian turned quickly, slightly startled and stiffened by the touch. Although when he realized whose hand it belonged to, he let his guard relax instantly and returned to the Spanish prince an equally goofy grin. After all these years, he was surprised that Mateo still remembers German from his days in their kingdom; he himself can barely recall the basic phrases his friend taught him in Spanish. His voice was different, deepened and changed by adolescence, but appreciated to be heard again. And he was noticeably taller than Fabian now.

"My friend Mateo, hello! ...How are you?" he spoke the first few words in his friend's own language, before switching to the more familiar English. "Yes, I hope you've been well lately." They hugged, then Fabian stepped back, keeping his grasp on Mateo's shoulders while he looked him up and down. "You are so much taller now and just as handsome! Surely a soon-to-be favorite of more than just me here," he laughed lightheartedly. Then Fabian patted him on the arm and flashed him another smile before stepping aside so he could give his own greetings to the king.

The black dog appeared at his side almost suddenly, and the prince couldn't help but let out a small gasp. He kept his hand still for him to sniff for a few moments before stroking him on the head. Leif called the dog's name sharply, but when he glanced up his eyes seemed to be looking elsewhere. "So your name is Jan," Fabian repeated gently. "Well, you're beautiful." Continuing to pet him, he kneeled slowly to be at eye level with the dog. Several disapproving looks from his entourage might have been earned then, but he didn't see to be sure. What was a prince doing on his knees with a dog instead of making conversation with the other royals? Fabian has been around nobles his whole life, but dogs were special. Business can wait anyway; after all, they had just arrived.

There was another person who also came to see Jan. Cheerful and energetic, the girl introduced herself as Aria, the French princess. Now he didn't feel as guilty for being the only one gushing over a dog. He greeted her with a nod and a smile, as they were both on the ground and a bow wouldn't have been practical. "Oh, good morning, Princess Aria! Do you like animals?" he asked. It was the first question that came to mind, and so it was the first question he asked.

Fabian looked up again to search for the prince the dog belonged to, who was now speaking with the others. "No worries!" he called after Leif. "Jan is a very lovely dog."

Last edited:
Hell love, I’d love to maybe write with you. (:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back