• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom See you in the big leagues (A Semi-Literate Cyberpunk Search!)

Rusty of Shackleford

Ten Thousand Club
cyberpunk2077-cd-projekt.gif

𝕎𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕦𝕔𝕜 𝕦𝕡, 𝕊𝕒𝕞𝕦𝕣𝕒𝕚. 𝕎𝕖 𝕘𝕠𝕥 𝕒 𝕔𝕚𝕥𝕪 𝕥𝕠 𝕓𝕦𝕣𝕟.

So...I finally gave Cyberpunk 2077 another try. Glad I did.

And before you ask, yes, I have watched a bit of Edgerunners, but I;ve only finished the first two episodes, so please no spoilers!

With that out of the way, I'd prefer something OC x OC. Set in and around the time of Edgerunners and 2077, but having little to nothing to do with either in terms of story.

Now...enough about the story, a lil about me!

-I've been on this here site for about five years now! Which yep definitely gives me an existential crisis, let's move on!

-In those five years, I've learned one thing: quality beats quantity. Also my ADHD doesn't play well with long posts. I prefer RPs with a lot of short character interactions over long, dramatic flourishes.

-I prefer to play male characters, in MxF relationships. However, I could be convinced to try MxM or FxF! Another thing! I fully welcome any and all LGBTQ peeps! Do I sound like a narc? Probably

-That being said, I do have limits with who I write with. I ask that you be 18+, as I am also 18+ and it makes me feel more comfortable. I may make an exception if like...you're a couple weeks away from turning 18, but usually, no exceptions.

-Same goes for characters. I like romance in my RPs and I don't feel comfortable writing minors in romantic relationships.

-I have serious ADHD, mixed with autism. Sometimes I can get out several posts a day, other times my motivation is zapped away for weeks. If I don't respond for a while, feel free to bump me! All I ask is you do the same for me.

-To end this, my list of no nos. This is Cyberpunk, so i expect a lot of mature stuff, but only as long as it abides by RPN rules.

Now...onto the good stuff! Plots!

Well...more like plot?

I love stories that explore class differences, two people from vastly different worlds meeting and learning about themselves and the world itself through one another.

The jist goes like this:

YC is the daughter of a big wig corpo executive. Militech, Arasaka, take your pick. They've lived in a bubble their entire lives. They're not a bad person, far from it, just sheltered and maybe a bit naive to how the world works.

MC is a street kid, born and raised in the gang infested streets of Night City's poorer areas. He got by doing the usual street rat stuff, theft, con artistry, you name it. He always wanted more out of life, to get out of Night City and be more than who he was. But that's hard when your only source of income are street races and stealing cars.

One day, YC unknowingly falls into a corporate scheme. Her father's colleagues arranged an..."unfortunate incident, " where her driver "accidentally" drove into a bad neighborhood, and her security team was taken out by "local thugs," who then hold her for quite the king's ransom. Course it's all the corpos, but they can't do this out in the open, remember?

Well, it almost works. What they didn't count on was a random street kid, my character, happening to pass by the planned kidnapping. Yeah, she's corp, but she's in danger, so he swoops in to save her. Chaos ensues as the two adapt to their new situation, all the while learning that maybe this whole thing is bigger than either of them.

That was long...but hey! Feel free to pitch your own idea! I'd love to hear it! Hope to hear back from ya, chooms!​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back