• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Sedar Hospital |IC|

tumblr_m93rmc5znl1r9f5uko1_400.gif
Mood: Slightly confused
Interacting With: Jack The Silent Z The Silent Z

Kaiden had been silent the whole time Jack was talking, his blue eyes darting back and forth as if he could actually see the archaic phrases flying over his head. The 11 year old ultimately decided to ignore the fact that he barely understood anything that just came out of Jack's mouth. Like most kids of his generation, he wasn't too well-versed in vintage slang. However, he basically got the gist of what Jack was trying to say... or at least he thought he did. He couldn't say he'd ever heard a doctor talk like that. It was confusing of course, but also funny in a way.
He blinked, staring blankly for a moment before laughing giddily, removing his fingers from his mouth --he just realized he had been biting them for the last minute or so--, and speaking up again.
"Where the heck are you from?" He asked bluntly, grinning with amusement. "You sound like... like a commercial or something, you know?" He laughed again, more genuinely this time, as they finally apprached the maternity ward. He could barely believe it, but he was kind of having fun. He hadn't yet thought about whether or not he was actually allowed to do this (mental patients usually had a schedule or something) , but worst-case scenario the doctor would probably be able to cover for him, somehow.​

Apollo James Clarke
5.gif

Location - ICU
Mood - Is Panic Attack a mood?
Interactions - @TheCandyEmo

Apollo's breathing was heavy, meaning speaking to the purple haired girl would be difficult. He was struggling to cope right now and people was the last thing he needed. Shakily, his hand was brought up to his face, wiping away the tears that had fallen down his rose tinted cheeks. Maybe the girl would be nice. She did just call him sir even when he was a small teen with some major anxiety issues. He was no sir. He was a baby if anything.

Instead of speaking he tried making hand gestures to explain what was going on. They were bad hand gestures and probably didn't carry any conversation in them to her. If only he could speak, saying the words panic attack would be easier than whatever the hell he was doing.

He hated to admit it to himself but he needed a doctor. This panic attack wasn't subsiding and he needed someone experienced in the medical field to give him a sedative or something. It seemed as if it was the only thing that could calm him down right now; a drug that could knock him out cold.

View attachment 310995
Mood: Slightly confused

Kaiden had been silent the whole time Jack was talking, his blue eyes darting back and forth as if he could actually see the archaic phrases flying over his head. The 11 year old ultimately decided to ignore the fact that he barely understood anything that just came out of Jack's mouth. Like most kids of his generation, he wasn't too well-versed in vintage slang. However, he basically got the gist of what Jack was trying to say... or at least he thought he did. He couldn't say he'd ever heard a doctor talk like that. It was confusing of course, but also funny in a way.
He blinked, staring blankly for a moment before laughing giddily, removing his fingers from his mouth --he just realized he had been biting them for the last minute or so--, and speaking up again.
"Where the heck are you from?" He asked bluntly, grinning with amusement. "You sound like... like a commercial or something, you know?" He laughed again, more genuinely this time, as they finally apprached the maternity ward. He could barely believe it, but he was kind of having fun. He hadn't yet thought about whether or not he was actually allowed to do this (mental patients usually had a schedule or something) , but worst-case scenario the doctor would probably be able to cover for him, somehow.​
Jack nodded and laughed along noting Kaiden's potential missing of his vintage slang. Honestly Jack himself wasn't sure why he was pulling old sayings and talking disco-esque slang to someone near half his age or more. But it seemed to bring some shared laughs and it was rather fun talking like he was some goofy hipster from years before he was even born. Considering he was still awake after nearly 24 straight hours or so, the man thought he was doing pretty good if did say so himself. A double bonus.
Upon hearing Kaiden respond, Jack smiled and chuckled. "I think I'm from mars...... op...... No lower manhattan and just about every city New York has to offer." He began to joke before giving a honest answer. Truthfully Jack had been through so many different foster homes, moving from city to city, he couldn't recall which city he was actually from anymore. But Manhattan seemed like a familiar birthplace for him.

"Oh do I? *chuckles* Good. I was lookin for some side projects." He winked with a chuckle, keeping his joking side going and keeping it light. As was usual for this particular doctor.

Interactions: Kaiden Olivier Olivier
Mood: Joking, kind, mellow

tumblr_m90y916iSI1rnqros.v1.gif
Mood:

Kaiden smiled brightly, not really knowing what to say to Jack's response, but he didn't mind at all. He was just realizing that this was probably the longest friendly conversation he'd had in a year or more. Usually things would have spiraled into an argument by now. Even his brief and often rare phone calls from his parents often didn't end well. But for whatever reason Jack was able to continue to be patient with Kaiden. Kaiden almost didn't understand it, but had for the most part let his guard down.
As they walked up to the entrance to the maternity ward, Kaiden asked "Hey, you can let us in, right? I mean, I'm kinda assuming you don't work maternity..." He raised an eyebrow, but kept his smile. At this point, he trusted Jack enough to let him handle things, but he still wanted to make sure. He'd started to realize the possibility that he might get in trouble for this. Usually the thought of trouble didn't scare him, but he really didn't want to risk getting stuck in his room again.​

It might have been odd to some but seeing the kid smile brightly was a nice sight for Jack. Honestly he wasn't expecting a smooth walk, he really wasn't sure what to expect with Kaiden. But he liked the kid and was having a good time while keeping awake and moving throughout the hospital. Hey, maybe Jack was getting through to the young guy and earning some trust? Either way it was nice to see some smiles out of the boy. Depending on what Kaiden might of experienced before this might be a good sign. Atleast it was a positive one the way Jack was seeing it. And it seemed like Kaiden was having some fun while out of his room. "Me? Hmm....." Jack paused and gave some thought to the idea. It wouldn't hurt any and he was a doctor even if from another wing. Why not?

"You'd be right. Normally I advise patients on surgery and assisting with regular cases and diseases, illness, etc. when not advising and performing surgery. But I think it'd be cool. The maternity ward staff shouldn't mind, long as we're careful." Jack spoke with a nod and walked over to the doors. "Just remember these newborns don't have a immune system built up yet. Which means sterilizing like your going into operate. Cool? So means we will need to use the sanitizer before heading in. Just in to be extra careful." He added giving a nod and look to some nurses walking past, before setting his drink down and sanitizing his hands. While pushing the door open with his back. "All set?"

Interactions: Kaiden Olivier Olivier

tumblr_m93rkdJYS11r9f5uko1_250.gif
Mood: Amused

Kaiden hesitantly sanitized his hands, grimacing. He never really liked the smell of strong chemicals, but at the same time he didn't necessarily want to be responsible for infant fatalities. The staff probably mistrusted him a lot already. "Okay, let's go." He said briskly, shoving open the door and walking inside, tugging Jack's hand to get him to follow into the white painted halls.
It occurred to Kaiden that he'd never really been around babies much in person. Usually people were rather unwilling to leave a mentally ill child with a helpless baby, especially after said child had been institutionalized. Either way, this should be a new experience, and therefore rather exciting. If nothing went wrong, maybe Jack would want to go exploring again...​

As Dr. Sunny told her about what happened to her husband, Kasey was just shocked. She frowned. It couldn't be true and she wanted to deny it. Sadly, in her heart, she knew that he wasn't coming back. Seeing his Wedding Ring and Dog Tags were more then enough to tell her that. Sadly, she was in no condition to walk, or even attend the funeral. If she could, she'd go see him one last time in the morgue before turning his body over to her in-laws for a proper burial while asking her relatives to attend in her steed...

Listening to the Doctor's words, she accepted his passing quietly. Looking down at her belly, she bit her lip and then she started crying her heart out...
@B R E E Z E

View attachment 311479
Mood: Amused

Kaiden hesitantly sanitized his hands, grimacing. He never really liked the smell of strong chemicals, but at the same time he didn't necessarily want to be responsible for infant fatalities. The staff probably mistrusted him a lot already. "Okay, let's go." He said briskly, shoving open the door and walking inside, tugging Jack's hand to get him to follow into the white painted halls.
It occurred to Kaiden that he'd never really been around babies much in person. Usually people were rather unwilling to leave a mentally ill child with a helpless baby, especially after said child had been institutionalized. Either way, this should be a new experience, and therefore rather exciting. If nothing went wrong, maybe Jack would want to go exploring again...​

The walk had been well so far, truthfully while he could see trigger points to avoid with Kaiden, he also saw potential. Just as evident was the boy sanitizing his hands before heading into the room of babies. Seemingly hesitant but did without a word to counter the point. Perhaps it was merely fair reason to reach a agreeable solution on things? Though really Jack couldn't say why he kept thinking over the mental ward and how they dealt with Kaiden and other patients. It wasn't like he was a expert on behavior and unstable personality such as the staff in the mentioned ward, but with his active mind and aiming to stay alert, it came to him anyhow.

Noting the lads readiness to get inside now with a shove of the doors and tugging the surgeons hand to get him movin along behind him. Jack nodded with a small smile and followed along. Soon entering the maternity ward and into the room with the babies resting inside while others may have awoken. "Do your exploring partners take you here or around much of the hospital, Kaiden?" He spoke with kind aim to learn how his treatment had been so far, perhaps discover if he got around the hospital very often.

Mood: ...

Kaiden's smile faded away a bit as Jack asked him about where he'd been. "...Exploring partners? You're the first, Jack." He said reluctantly, but matter-of-factly. "Nobody's ever taken me somewhere off schedule, you know? I haven't seen much of this place. I haven't even seen most of the mental ward. And... I mean, I thought everyone kinda hated me from the start here. That's how it was in juvy." He forced a smile and a small laugh, tugging Jack's hand to get him to continue down the hall as they talked.

"But you're here, right? You're gonna show me everything..." Kaiden was smiling more genuinely again, a hopeful look in his slate blue eyes. It had been far too long since he'd had anyone to call a friend. "Now hurry up, or they'll kick us out or something!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back