• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Secure Contain Protect (SCP) RP?

Abyss

It's lonely in the deep
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey guys, Abyss here. I've just gotten into SCP and I know desire to create a detailed role-play centered on sentient (humaniod) anomalies currently being kept by the Foundation. The plot will be focused on a group them as they find themselves in the position to finally escape their containments and re-enter the outside world for the first since their capture. However this is not a result of an accident within the security system, but a deliberate attack by a new rival organization that has been rapidly expanding and wants to take much of the research—and some of the actual anamolies—that the Foundation possess for themselves. Characters will be highly variable and can be almost anything, except for human. 

If this gets enough interest I'll expand upon everything (plot,  setting, etc) in more detail make a hosted project!  

(If you don't know what SCP is that's ok.)

Rules:

- Obey all RPN rules.

- No god-modding, bunnying, powerplaying, etc.

- No mary/gary-sues.

- This is a detailed RP, more than one paragraph should be average and understand basic grammar—One-liners will not be tolerated.

-  Although characters can have a variety of super powers and abilities, they must be within reason, have weaknesses, and generally serve to be more than things added just to make your character more powerful because you want them to be perceived as 'strong.'

- Characters should be Safe or Euclid class only, with the Keter class SPCs being granted only if you provide a good reason to be discussed over PM. 

- You do not have to know everything about SPC (I certainly don't), but I would like you to check out the website and read over some of the basic information; most of which can be found at the SCP Wiki

- Player characters cannot be killed or seriously injured without that person's consent. 

- Rules may added or adjusted in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the characters going to be typical humans with superpowers or is the scope more refined?
SCP usually has a focus on dangerous items or characters more geared to horror stories than the typical 'kid who can move things with their mind' types.

I'm not saying that this has to be that way, just curious.

Are the characters going to be typical humans with superpowers or is the scope more refined?
SCP usually has a focus on dangerous items or characters more geared to horror stories than the typical 'kid who can move things with their mind' types.

I'm not saying that this has to be that way, just curious.

I'm not demanding any certain type of character, but this will start in one of the Foundation's Humanoid Facilities and therefor I'm expecting characters more along the lines of well.... sentient (at least to some extent) individuals and not items. There can be some human-with-superpowers-types, but for the most part I'm hoping for monsters, aliens, creatures, etc. I might also except some of the official SCPs, but no Keter types unless there's a good reason :)  

Okay, cool.

I was thinking about this today, and I'm not going to garrantee that I'll join but I was thinking you could set a simple rule like there needs to be a reason in the character that they could not function in society. Ie. Alien. Or a human with a power but they can't talk to explain themselves. Or maybe they just refuse to out of spite. Or they are otherwise actively dangerous.

In fact, I was going to suggest that I might make a hive-mind character, so if there were any creatures/people that couldn't communicate we could write in that he's created a mental-network of sorts between them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, cool.

I was thinking about this today, and I'm not going to garrantee that I'll join but I was thinking you could set a simple rule like there needs to be a reason in the character that they could not function in society. Ie. Alien. Or a human with a power but they can't talk to explain themselves. Or maybe they just refuse to out of spite. Or they are otherwise actively dangerous.

In fact, I was going to suggest that I might make a hive-mind character, so if there were any creatures/people that couldn't communicate we could write in that he's created a mental-network of sorts between them.

Typically I think that the Foundation holds onto any anomaly whether or not it is capable of communication; at least until they fully understand it or they no longer have a reason (i.e. said anomoly loosing powers) to keep it contained. So yes, in a sense all characters should not yet be  (if at any point they would have been) able to be returned to society at the time of the RPs start. If they are human, then it may also be that they cannot control their powers or the Foundation would like to develope a countering method to their abilities before putting them back where might pose a danger to regular citizens. 

I'm interested in your concept of a hive-mind character. Would you like me to tag you to the thread? 

I have dabbled into the Foundations backstory, it's SCP's etc. I've also been on a SCP RP server (Gmod) and I know how it works inside and out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back