• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Second Dawn (Post Apocalyptic Nationbuilder set in Europe)

Yang Xiao Long

Sunny Little Dragon
Second Dawn
Post-apocalyptic-Landscapes-of-Famous-Places12-640x430.jpg
A Post Apocalyptic RP Set In Europe. 50 Years after the bombs fell you notice a shift in the world. A Whole Generation have been brought to adulthood since then and survival is not enough anymore. Those who survived the hell first hand are beginning to band together more then before. Those who once travelled as a family now look to settle with other families and create a new life for themselves. Some of those lucky few who found shelter before the bombs dropped are beginning to open their doors. The world before is indeed gone but a new world is on the cusp of creation, demanding to exist. It calls to you, you are the leader these people need. You will reform these wastes into a new safe haven. Will you settle and form a new nation? One where those who raid and murder for their daily bread will face your wrath and those who work through sun or snow will find salvation. Or will you take what you need? Gather an army, show the world Genghis 2.0. The Golden Hoard with guns, be the wolf the feasts upon the work of others? Now is the time. The Struggle for survival is over, now begins the fight to live.

A Breif overview of what I hope to achieve is an RP where we start out small, newly created little nations. We will RP our nation and make choices that I will influence. (For example if you try to conquer a lot of land I will limit how much or cause an issue to make it harder but I wont actually say no.) The Geography and Ecology of the world will be inspired by the Fallout series (Largely FO4), so Craters, radiated animals and things like radiation storms, modifying of course for European landscapes and wildlife, however the actual history would be following our own timeline but pretending the war happened in about 2025 with little changes to military technology, most of which will be unusable. While Guns are not as prevalent in Europe as they are in America there will still be plenty. I feel like I have given a basic idea of my plan but I am sure you will have questions so please ask away.

Not really, though I'll be messing about with how time will progress. Will also probably throw an issue to each faction every page they'll have to deal with Possibly.
Are there going to be more clear rules about prewar technology? Because I remember that being a problem I wouldn't want to repeat this time.

Are there going to be more clear rules about prewar technology? Because I remember that being a problem I wouldn't want to repeat this time.
It will be more of a simple. "I'll be a bigger bitch about it than Deth was."

I'm still thinking about what kind of direction I want to aim for this.

It will be more of a simple. "I'll be a bigger bitch about it than Deth was."

I'm still thinking about what kind of direction I want to aim for this.
Having actual rules would be a better idea than just saying yes or no to whatever people bring to you. Not only would it save us all time and effort, but it also would make these factions more balanced with each other. Last time we had essentially a no guns faction wearing plate armor and on the other extreme a tsarist city-state with about the same level of firepower as the Soviet Union.

I can definitely say I'm interested in the concept, if this gets enough attention I'll gladly give it a shot! :]

On one hand, I'm helping to revive something that's been dead for a month.

On the other, I really like this and want it to get attention, RPGLinx RPGLinx isn't alone on this. Is it wrong that I want to be Post-Apocalyptic Mega-Scotland?

If this is still a thing, then some rules or systems would be nice to see.

On one hand, I'm helping to revive something that's been dead for a month.

On the other, I really like this and want it to get attention, RPGLinx RPGLinx isn't alone on this. Is it wrong that I want to be Post-Apocalyptic Mega-Scotland?

If this is still a thing, then some rules or systems would be nice to see.
Well if you want to.

thanks. this is a reboot and one I gave up on a month. I don't expect me having to hold your hands if you really want to do this it is a secondary focus for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back