• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Searching For Roleplays (of any variety)

horrorshow

black magic and cigarettes

So, since I'm still completely new to this place, I'll go through detailed formalities and a general description of my roleplaying style(s), I guess.
(If this is long, winded, and annoying, I have bolded the relevant parts of my preferences/style so that you may scan over it if you would prefer to ignore my long explanations.)

I've been forum-roleplaying for just a little over ten years, so I am not new to the concept whatsoever. I'm new to this particular website and though it's very similar to the ones I have used in the past, that doesn't excuse the differenes and I apologize in advance for any misunderstandings about how things work here.
As mentioned in my introduction thread, I am a musican, and live a life that is mostly on the road. I am able to respond usually once per day, but sometimes it is limited to only a few times a week, and in extreme cases sometimes I am traveling for several days, weeks at the time and cannot respond at all. However, if I find out I'll be on the road for an extended period of time, I will, for one, let my roleplaying partners know about it beforehand, and for another, still attempt to reply from my mobile devices occasionally.
That said, any potential partners need to know upfront about my rather chaotic schedule.

As to my overall style, I would consider myself a fairly literate individual. I have a kind of advanced roleplaying style for the most part. I like very fleshed out plots with a good solid backstory, starting point, and at least a general sense of direction. I am fairly thorough when creating a character and typically take at least a day to create one for most games because I like to put thought into it and really work out a good backstory, lifestyle, and personality for each character. Because of this, I prefer to play only one character per game (however side characters, controlled by either or both parties are acceptable) but can be pursuaded to play two.
But I'm not one of the people who has like a set character sheet/template that I just HAVE to go by, it can be more or less detailed as plots vary.

Generally, I play male characters. And if I can get away with it, will play just one guy, but as stated above I can be pursaded to play two characters, and when that is the case, I'm fine with my secondary being a female.

In regards to what I will roleplay:
I will not do fandom. At least not 99.9% of the time. I'd rather my partner and I have full creative liberty over our setting and characters.
My exceptions for this are few and far between. There are a few settings I feel I know enough about to write in, but I still am not very comfortable with it and prefer not to do it. However, I'm always up for talking about different Fandoms with people, if you're just up for chit-chat. But I'm heavy into old school high fantasy and weird science fiction, not a lot of more modern stuff, so finding common ground would be difficult haha.
I am very happy to discuss original plots! And I am interested in a wide variety of things. From high/mediveal fantasy, to modern fantasy, to science fiction, to supernatural, to modern/real life settings, I can work with it all. I've always been open to trying new things. If I'm not comfortable with an idea, I'll just be honest about it. I don't have a preference, although I will admit I'm like... weird about my science fiction, so it's almost impossible for me to ever get a solid plot going for that genre.

I prefer plot driven games, BUT, I have a soft spot for romance. While I would like to sit here and tell you "Yeah I want a game with a convoluted, interesting plot that could go on forever" I will admit, if you come at me with a good pairing idea (it can't be JUST a pairing, some kind of plot or idea, at least a basic one, has to come along with it) I will probably be full steam ahead ready to play it with you. I hate how much I fall for those kinds of games.

I have a strong preference for m/m games, but I understand that's not everyone's thing, and can do male/female. Can't do female/female though because I just don't roleplay as a female often enough to do that.

I like real face claims, realistic art, or descriptions when it comes to your characters appearance and don't accept anime pictures. They really bug me for some reason.

I like plotting almost as much as gaming. Seriously, if you want to hit me up with ideas and go on about them for a day or so before we actually get a settled idea going well enough to create the actual game, that doesn't bother me. I don't rush that stuff because I know how important it is to the overall game.

Getting to know the other player OOC is really more than cool with me. If we chat out of character the chances of the game continuing for a long time, it would seem, are greating. Besides, I feel like communication is actually good for the RP since sometimes things in game go differently than orignally planned and of course you're going to have to talk that out to get a sense of direction again. Besides, never speaking OOC to the other player almost makes it feel like you're not even writing with a real person...or maybe that's just me.

I'm not a horrible person BUT I don't like illiteracy. It is impossible to keep a game going with me unless I can understand what you're writing. I'm not asking for novel length posts by any means, the length of the post always depends on what is currently happening in game, and I realize that. However, give me something to work with, and something that is clearly articulated. I'm not asking for poetic, long winded replies. Just basic stuff here, folks.
I'm pretty lenient though, especially if English isn't your first language or something. Or you just DON'T KNOW something, because, like, I dont know a lot of things haha. And I get everyone screws up a lot more than they mean to so I'm not gonna call you out on anything, just do your best and we should be good to go : )

I don't have any crazy requirements but, feel free to tell me about yourself when you come to talk shop. What's your name (or what you prefer to go by, I never go by my name, haven't in years, so just something to call you), what do you do (for fun, for a living, whatever), what about my interests mentioned above stood out to you, what do you just absolutely love (for me, it's trees and winter and solitude), you know, talk about you!
However, I wouldn't recommend playing with me if you are very young or have a lot of boundaries. I prefer darker, more mature themes. Obviously nothing which goes against the rules, but within reason, I like a more realistic game with darker undertones. I'm a sucker for tragic backstories (though I try to keep that under control, I know, it's annoying.)
But hey, I was practically still a kid when I first started roleplaying and a lot of my partners were much older than me- so I won't shoot ya down if you're young, just a fair warning that my games tend to have a more mature feeling.

I have rambled. So much. My sincerest apologies. Here's a generalization:
I like playing dudes. I like dude pairings A LOT, but I'm really whatever on that. I like detailed characters, plots, and posts. I like darker themes. I'm really about fantasy and modern games. I have a wide variety of interests. I am willing to get to know my partner. I'm actually mega friendly.
So, hit me up.

P.S I presently have more off-time during the day, between 9 AM and 4 PM, so I'm going to say for now that you can expect my responses once a day (sometimes more or less) in those general hours, though that is VERY MUCH subject to change.
Please please please don't hit me up if you NEED a partner that replies EVERY day because I simply cannot do it with my lifestyle.

Oh and a major drawback about me, which should be obvious with what I do- I am busier on the weekends than during the week, and likely will post very little if at all Fridays and Sundays, and likely nothing on Saturdays.
OKAY I'm officially done talking. Your turn. Talk to me, hit me up. Please roleplay with me I'm a great dude. (As if moral character has anything to do with writing back and forth but whatever.) Again, I am more than happy to plot with anyone or throw ideas around until we get something, or even better, if you already have any ideas then send them my way.

What about an arranged marriage in a historic time era? (Nothing too far back, maybe 1800s)

Sure, I can do that! could you private message me (I don't have enough posts to do so, yet) so we can further discuss it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back