• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Search for a partner for a Pokemon RP (closed)

JCKane

Blessed
The title pretty much says it. I'm looking for someone who wants to do a Pokemon RP. In the RP, we'll start off in Kanto and travel as a group through the different towns of that region and then to other regions. We'll have an interesting story/plot that will continue through our adventure.

PS: I hope I selected the right Prefix.

Now, a few additional rules for this RP that I'm looking for but really just slight restrictions.

1) I have not played Pokemon Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon. So there will not be any references to the plot of that game or any ties in to that plot until I have had a chance to play it. This also means that if you have played those games, do not spoil the games in any way. This includes Story spoilers, Pokemon spoilers, area spoilers, etc. Just think of it this way, if it has anything to do with Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, (even if mentioned in the official trailers/intell) do not talk about it. I want to go into these games completely blind.

2) No catching Legendary/mythical Pokemon... I MAY be a bit lenient on allowing one of them.. and befriending them/them being on call, is fine. But you can not have this at the start.

3) For the most part, your primary character will be starting off as a 'brand new' trainer. We'll be starting in Kanto, but that doesn't mean you have to choose a Kanto Starter as your starter pokemon. We can work around it, for example you could get your pokemon outside of getting it from professor Oak, or maybe Oak had that one as a last one or something. Either way, we can discuss how you got your pokemon if you'd rather not have a Kanto Starter.

4) For the most part, I'll be controlling the evil team and most of the 'side characters'. This includes, the evil organization, gym leaders, random trainers/NPC/etc. You may ask to pick up certain characters but please keep in mind that unless they're traveling with the main group, they shouldn't appear like, all the time. Some 'known' characters I may restrict due to plot reasons. As in, if I have plans for Lance, I'll be controlling him.

5) Now, with the traveling team. aka our main characters. For starters, I prefer that we each have only 1 trainer who's taking the gym challenge. And I prefer we only have a maximum of 2 characters (each) on the main traveling team. So if you want to have a second trainer following along but not to take on the gym challenge, then that's fine. They can even participate in Contests (we can even try and add them to the regions were in if you'd like, this includes regions that don't normally have them, like Kanto).

6) Keep in mind, you will be going under certain limited information... pending on things. But if you'd like to have a character on the evil organization, let me know. And we can work them in. Just keep in mind, your main is the one traveling with my character.

7) I wanted to clarify one final thing. For all I know, one of my plot points could be similar to something that happens in Ultra Sun/Moon. Since I don't know since I've never played them before. This is simply a thing that says, do not assume that I know something about Ultra Sun/Moon because I have a plot point/Storyline element/backstory/etc that is similar to what happens in those games. I will let you know when I've completed the game.

Ok, that's pretty much all I can think of at the moment. We can discuss further things when we get started. Well, the final thing is where to do the RP. Personally, I'd prefer it take place on Skype, because I have better access to it and get a nice notification on when you make your posts and vice versa. But I'm open to having the RP where ever. Just let me know.

The title pretty much says it. I'm looking for someone who wants to do a Pokemon RP. In the RP, we'll start off in Kanto and travel as a group through the different towns of that region and then to other regions. We'll have an interesting story/plot that will continue through our adventure.

PS: I hope I selected the right Prefix.

Now, a few additional rules for this RP that I'm looking for but really just slight restrictions.

1) I have not played Pokemon Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon. So there will not be any references to the plot of that game or any ties in to that plot until I have had a chance to play it. This also means that if you have played those games, do not spoil the games in any way. This includes Story spoilers, Pokemon spoilers, area spoilers, etc. Just think of it this way, if it has anything to do with Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, (even if mentioned in the official trailers/intell) do not talk about it. I want to go into these games completely blind.

2) No catching Legendary/mythical Pokemon... I MAY be a bit lenient on allowing one of them.. and befriending them/them being on call, is fine. But you can not have this at the start.

3) For the most part, your primary character will be starting off as a 'brand new' trainer. We'll be starting in Kanto, but that doesn't mean you have to choose a Kanto Starter as your starter pokemon. We can work around it, for example you could get your pokemon outside of getting it from professor Oak, or maybe Oak had that one as a last one or something. Either way, we can discuss how you got your pokemon if you'd rather not have a Kanto Starter.

4) For the most part, I'll be controlling the evil team and most of the 'side characters'. This includes, the evil organization, gym leaders, random trainers/NPC/etc. You may ask to pick up certain characters but please keep in mind that unless they're traveling with the main group, they shouldn't appear like, all the time. Some 'known' characters I may restrict due to plot reasons. As in, if I have plans for Lance, I'll be controlling him.

5) Now, with the traveling team. aka our main characters. For starters, I prefer that we each have only 1 trainer who's taking the gym challenge. And I prefer we only have a maximum of 2 characters (each) on the main traveling team. So if you want to have a second trainer following along but not to take on the gym challenge, then that's fine. They can even participate in Contests (we can even try and add them to the regions were in if you'd like, this includes regions that don't normally have them, like Kanto).

6) Keep in mind, you will be going under certain limited information... pending on things. But if you'd like to have a character on the evil organization, let me know. And we can work them in. Just keep in mind, your main is the one traveling with my character.

7) I wanted to clarify one final thing. For all I know, one of my plot points could be similar to something that happens in Ultra Sun/Moon. Since I don't know since I've never played them before. This is simply a thing that says, do not assume that I know something about Ultra Sun/Moon because I have a plot point/Storyline element/backstory/etc that is similar to what happens in those games. I will let you know when I've completed the game.

Ok, that's pretty much all I can think of at the moment. We can discuss further things when we get started. Well, the final thing is where to do the RP. Personally, I'd prefer it take place on Skype, because I have better access to it and get a nice notification on when you make your posts and vice versa. But I'm open to having the RP where ever. Just let me know.

I'm intereste! Though i don't have Skype sadly...

Greetings, Enlightened One. Would you like to arrange a fantabulous Pokémon Skype roleplay with a very twisty-turny fancy Pokémon roleplaying expert? I don't go much past Generation 4, note.

Huntress47 Huntress47 that's fine if you don't have a Skype. I can get notifications Via Discord as well if you'd like to try that or on here in like the PMs or something I guess will be fine.

Sacrifice Sacrifice I have to ask, what do you mean by "Don't go much past Generation 4". Do you mean you don't want any Pokemon/Character/regions from Gen 5-7 (and possibly 8 pending on when we get there) to appear in the Role-play? If so, thanks for the offer, but I plan on having us travel through all the regions... and if things are still going strong/we want to, and the next official region's not out yet, maybe even a few 'fan-regions' including some I create or ones that others do. Plus, As you can see by my avatar (5th gen Meloetta) I have hopes to include her in the story eventually. But yeah, if you don't want anything 5th gen and on in the RP then thanks for the offer but no thanks.

Otherwise, please explain the reason for the note (as in is it just to let me know that you won't/can't spoil Ultra Sun/Moon, or just that you don't have much knowledge of those games/regions?)

Oh I played up until B/W 2 alright, I just can't work my twisty-explanatory Pokémon realism stuff so well after generation 4. I have generation 5+ characters, but the amount is inversely proportional to how far the generations go. Not as if you couldn't brief me anyways.

Huntress47 Huntress47 that's fine if you don't have a Skype. I can get notifications Via Discord as well if you'd like to try that or on here in like the PMs or something I guess will be fine.

Sacrifice Sacrifice I have to ask, what do you mean by "Don't go much past Generation 4". Do you mean you don't want any Pokemon/Character/regions from Gen 5-7 (and possibly 8 pending on when we get there) to appear in the Role-play? If so, thanks for the offer, but I plan on having us travel through all the regions... and if things are still going strong/we want to, and the next official region's not out yet, maybe even a few 'fan-regions' including some I create or ones that others do. Plus, As you can see by my avatar (5th gen Meloetta) I have hopes to include her in the story eventually. But yeah, if you don't want anything 5th gen and on in the RP then thanks for the offer but no thanks.

Otherwise, please explain the reason for the note (as in is it just to let me know that you won't/can't spoil Ultra Sun/Moon, or just that you don't have much knowledge of those games/regions?)
I have discord so we could go that!

Im open if you still need partners ảlthough i think it should be a small group as it will be funner.

Well, I went to the next step of talking to a few people and they've well, one went MIA, the other doesn't post too often... So I may be looking for one who's a bit more active. (not saying I'll stop the ones I've already started.. or the one.. though.)

Anyways, my time schedule changes drastically but usually I'm up and on (recently ) from 4 or 6 pm Central time (honestly depends on when I go to bed) to at least 8am Central time.

So if someone is available to RP in this time frame, and is pretty active. Please let me know.

What do you guys mean by Double up?

Also, anyone who's interested please let me know if you're also available during the timeframe I asked about.

What do you guys mean by Double up?

Also, anyone who's interested please let me know if you're also available during the timeframe I asked about.

I am available then. Im in EST timezone
So im available until 11 your time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back