Scroll of the Monk...

That is the Exalted MA book :D 20 + MA styles. Most will be new. Pulse First Style is what intrigues me...

What edition will it be released for?  Or can it be used for both?  I have a ton of the first edition books and a long running game with a mixed circle of Exalts.

It will be 2nd Ed.  You might as well go ahead and convert now.

Join us...  Join us...  Join us...

I'm contractually obliged at this point to make it known that Second Edition is far better on all fronts than first edition. It also has bitchin martial arts books coming out...

I think "First Pulse" looks like that "Blood-Everywhere" martial arts from "25 Lotus Petals".

BTW Sherwood: the aforementioned is first edition and has terrestrial, celestial and siderial arts in it. Its online, so look around and ye shall find.

It's just good, dammit! I loved that book. And the Monk should be a good buy too, perhaps they'll even fix Solar Hero form?

Also, in Eels game right now I'm playing a Dawn Caste, and using Solar Hero Style. Haven't actually used it a lot yet, but I'll run it through it's paces and then let you know.

Yea, perhaps I'm blowing it out of proportion, but it always seemed... lame next to snake form on the page before it. I rearranged it a bit to make it better in my game. Basically the form charm doesn't cost essence to use any more, and the end charm is actually interesting. I mean, shockwave technique is all well and good, but the final charm in a long, first-ed-style tree? WTF?

So yea. Scene long speed reducer instead.

Samiel said:
Yea, perhaps I'm blowing it out of proportion, but it always seemed... lame next to snake form on the page before it. I rearranged it a bit to make it better in my game. Basically the form charm doesn't cost essence to use any more, and the end charm is actually interesting. I mean, shockwave technique is all well and good, but the final charm in a long, first-ed-style tree? WTF?
So yea. Scene long speed reducer instead.
So, who cares? It's just brawl charms given a new name. Silence your whining!

And that is why they did away with Brawl in 2nd ed., placing it in the MA tree.

To get rid of that piddly ass fighting style and put it with something more useful.

And so that The Things Beyond The Darkness could whine too.

I guess.

:P

And that is why they did away with Brawl in 2nd ed., placing it in the MA tree.
To get rid of that piddly ass fighting style and put it with something more useful.

And so that The Things Beyond The Darkness could whine too.

I guess.

:P
Oh man, you clearly didn't look hard enough at Ex1 brawl.. those charms were sick and twisted when you consider their requirements and their effects. Not one of the given brawl charms even required brawl 5, and they could do some naasty damage.

In second ed though, they are nested into an awkward and ineffective tree that requires a lot of buying for little payoff. And the form charm, as we are now considering it a Martial Art, isn't that good considering it's supposed to be a solar form. It's the only art they can expand, dammit! It should be worth buying!

Well I know, but it's supposed to be the Solar MA! I mean, you can buy and make new charms for the tree, so it's really supposed to be your bread-and-butter, but it's instead really crap. Well it doesn't actually stink of shit, but the Terrestrial Hero Form actually gives it a run for its money... doesn't that feel wrong to you?

I changed it in my game, although no-one has yet bought high enough in the tree for it to matter.

No it doesn't bother me because there will always, always be a charm tree that blows ass. I like brawl personally, (I refuse to call it Solar Hero) it's a good thing. But I had no expectations of them livening it up for the Second Ed release.

That's the thing that bothers me though; they didn't liven it up, they killed it.

It used to be a few short trees that you could choose from: Maybe go with shockwave technique after two/three charms? For fun and profit.

Nowadays, you have to buy three lead-in charms, a shit form, and another one or two leadins to get the fun charms, and even then they aren't suitable as end-tree charms for a martial art.

And I feel that as the Solar Natural Art... they should have some oomph, and be interesting. Because in-canon at least, Solar Hero form is the natural style that can be developed. You shouldn't have to learn shit charms to be allowed make good ones.

I'm not looking for a cheese-tree, just a second-eddish tree with decent and thematically satisfying charms.

Another thing I'd have liked to see was independant MA charms like the DBs got: a few useful charms that were exalt-specific, branching off the excellencies.

Solar Hero(or Brawl for CW) is IN NO WAY nerf in second, and the form helps you kill thing EXTREMLY fast, ive played with it and it is pure damage.

You may be right.. I suppose that 1 mote for double damage thing could be useful, but given that the form doesn't offer much else I always thought they were gimping you by charging the mote. And I still don't like the layout, it demands some silly purchases when you only want one effect, such as knockback. I think it'd be nicer if those minitrees were at the beginning as in 1st ed brawl, and the form type after with some new stuff..

Maybe it's just me, but I feel it's a bit long-winded for too little pay?

I should make an NPC with it and try it on the PCs. I suppose having never played it I can't say for certain how it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back