• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Science Fantasy- Mercenaries of Deretor

MythyDW

Five Thousand Club
Mythy here with another RP idea!

Ask questions if you want to know more, or are unsure about something

Premise: In the future of Deretor, the four kingdoms have become one large community, beset on all sides by mosters and other evils. The players will be sent as pioneers and adventurers to venture out and create a second homestead, to try and reclaim the world. The grandmasters will be in touch as you explore, build and hopefully thrive.

Things to Know:

Races

Humans - Are human. Not much to say. Age range: 19-45

Drakes - Humanoid dragon-esque beings with Large draconic wings, a scaled body, large reptilian tail, Slit pupiled eyes, claws, and Draconic horns on head. They have not changed much since ancient Deretor. They have lost their wilder abilities, due to the influx of technology, but their breath abilities are as strong as ever, the domain of which still depending on scale color:

Red - Fire

Blue - Water

Silver-Cyan - Ice and Frost

Green - Air / Wind

Yellow - Lightning

Black - Shadows & Darkness

Purple - Acid & Poison

Orange - Animal / Plant

Beige / Light Brown - Earth / Stone

White - Body / Spirit [Healing]

Age Range: 25-125

Kit 1-5

Drakeling 6 -15

Juvenile 16-25

Young Adult 25-100

Adult 100-150

Elder 150~250

Cybers - A race of humanoids descended from the Fey of ancient Deretor. The many different types of Fey have coalesced into one cyber. They have pointed ears and glowing eyes, averaging taller and leaner than most humans. They have kept their close bond to nature, pioneering the natural powers of Technomancy. Age Range: 19 - 45

Full-Blood --> Half-Breed

Cyber-Children (Cyber+ Human)

Pointed ears, Glowing eyes --> Human ears, glowing eyes.

Drake-Kin (Drake + Human)

Fully Scaled --> Scaled arms and legs

Large Reptilian Tail --> No tail

Fully Functional Wings --> Smaller Wings that can Glide

Elemental Breath --> No Breath

Half-Cyber Drakes

Glowing Eyes

Scale color determined by Drake Parent

Tail, Small vestigial wings

Breath Ability (Strengthened)

Classes

There are no “classes” as you may think of them from normal RPGs. Your class is a mixture of your station, how you fight or act, ETC. So, you can come up with something you know, or something new.

Equipment

Most medieval and fantasy type weapons, but scienced. You will begin with relatively weak weapons and armor. Also, there are mechs. Because mechs.

Magick

There are two types of "magick": Technomancy and Magitek.

Technomancy

Technomancers use focuses to bring in natural energies, and release them in projectiles and other forms. Each focus is attuned to one affinity, and each technomancer is attuned to one focus crystal. The focus crystal is the essence of technomancy, and can be transferred between focuses.

Types of Technomancy

Pyromancy [Fire, Lava]

Cryomancy [Cold, Ice]

Geomancy [Earth, Stone]

Hydromancy [Water]

Aeromancy [Wind, Air]

Astromancy [Void, Stars]

Electromancy [Lightning]

Solarmancy [Light, Plasma]

Kinesis [Gravity, Force]

Plantae [Plants]

MAGITEK

Magtek is the melding of mechanism and mystical. It is not used by people, but rather their equipment.. A sword that can split and fire a blast of plasma has been created by a Magi-Tech. All respectable battle-mechs, weapons and armors have been brought to a Magi-Tech's workshop at least once in their lifetime, if not built there. The mechanical is grand, but the mystical grants it the power it needs combat the dark.

OTHER THINGS:

Rewards will be given in the form of money, and possibly legendary items. You can use the money to buy new items. You will also gain traits and personal upgrades at the end of each mission.

Money:

Credits

Mechanics

I am planning on a story/logic-driven RP. During all direct combat scenarios and actions against the enemy will have overall structure from me but the details will be up to the players (i.e. I'll write something like "you can kill three guys, or two and strike at the mini boss" or the such, and allow the player to improvise how he kills them). If players would like to take some sort of direct action not offered, simply run it through me in PM or on this thread and I'll give you the possible results of that action. Wounds will work the same way in my other RP, with light, medium and heavy.

In addition, [Elites ; Minibosses ; Bosses ; Superbosses ] Are all enemies that you must post strikes for, rather than outright killing them.

Light wounds are superficial, they won't affect a character's ability, but the player must acknowledge that they occur during the post. Players may also have the liberty of doing this on their own, though during some situation I will require this to happen to characters. Medium wounds will affect the combat capability of a character, either through a disability that prevents using certain equipment or just a decrease in effectiveness. Heavy wounds completely incapacitates the character; he becomes vulnerable to an execution move by an enemy if not aided by a comrade.

POSTING

I will ask that people post at least once a day. I would personally prefer more, but I realize that RL and timezones prohibit that in plenty of cases. I will post a full moving update once a day. In addition, I will post more often during downtime (Probably once two or three people post) in order to allow some greater character development. In combat, unless it will cause problems at that time, I will post a combat group update once the entire group posts, or a good amount of time has passed.

OTHER

This RP I hope will involve a player leader, love interest, apprentices, children, and a homestead, all through multiple generations. The choices made by the players will influence both the present and the future.

Again, if you have any questions, comments or suggestions, let me know

Character Sheet (I will need to approve)

Name:

Race:

Class:

Equipment:

Looks:

Personality:

History:

Name: Jonson Kamett

Race: Human

Class: Swashbuckling Duelist

Equipment: Two swords as depicted in the image below. Both are slung over his shoulder. He also wears reinforced clothes with armour patched on in places.

Looks:
a753b67ff05819336600d443ba9f37f7.jpg

Personality: Jonson is a cocky man with a high assurance in his skills. Able to survive almost any environment and hold his own in a duel with equal skill. He has no pretenses that he's the brains of the group, however. He does things for money or for fun. He is a social animal, talking with almost anyone he possibly can. As such, he has gained a bit of a knack for making fun of people, but in a good way. He can get on people's nerves at times, but he rarely cares about that.

History: Jonson was born and raised in a small city in what was ancient Virnon. At twelve, however, his family was evicted by the machinations of a wealthy noble that Jonson's father drunkenly ridiculed and embarrassed one night. From then on, Jonson and his family traveled the lands, learning to survive however they could. When Jonson was twenty-three his father died, leaving Jonson the man of the family. Over a single year under Jonson's leadership his family settled and became a powerful group in another city. Jonson was taught the art of fighting, becoming one of the more successful students in his class. He was chosen as a member of the expedition due to his survival skills and his fighting ability along with his ability to solve arguments and problems.

@The Mythic Dragon

Can my Character here be the son of William Raddick?

Calibutcher said:
@The Mythic Dragon
Can my Character here be the son of William Raddick?
Descendant, not son. This is hundreds, if not thousands, of years in the future. (Probably thousands)

This sounds like fun. Reminds me of the one I'm gathering interest on.

I'll have to keep an eye on this.

Daimao said:
@The Mythic Dragon
So, we get to use futuristic weapons?
A mix of fantastic and futuristic. So, plasma swords, pulse guns, exoskeletons equipped with arm blades, swords that can split to fire a lightning blast, or become a lightning sword... Just be reasonable. And I may have you tweak it, but have some fun.

@The Mythic Dragon

Could I have a motorcycle? Maybe if it runs on magic or something

Calibutcher said:
@The Mythic Dragon
Could I have a motorcycle? Maybe if it runs on magic or something
Nope. No motorized vehicles, magic or otherwise.

Science Fantasy, at least in this case, is Fantasy, Sciencized It is similar to fantasy, but with science-fiction elements mixed in. I, as always, will answer any more questions you or anyone has.

[QUOTE="The Mythic Dragon]Just the CS. I want a few players before I make the thread

[/QUOTE]
Alright, I'll start on it. Will this be casual or detailed? Sorry if missed it in the overview...

StoneWolf18 said:
Alright, I'll start on it. Will this be casual or detailed? Sorry if missed it in the overview...
I do casual RPs, but give some freedom in the amount of writing I require.

[QUOTE="The Mythic Dragon]I do casual RPs, but give some freedom in the amount of writing I require.

[/QUOTE]
Alright.

Hows this?

5tWOCzG.png

anthro_dragoness_commission_by_drakainaqueen-d7mczge.png

Character Statistics

Name

Kunvu Vilzid

Alias

The Dream Weaver

Female

Sexual Orientation

Demisexual

Race

Drake

Occupation

Blacksmith/ Mercenary

Physical Characteristics

Height

6' 5"

Weight

Hair

N/A

Eyes

Cobalt blue irises with silted, blade like pupils.

General Appearance

The picture above is a perfect representation, please refer to that.

Mental Characteristics

>Meat

> Knowledge or the act of learning something of interest

> Decent humor

>A good fight every now and then

Dislikes

>Unnecessary social interactions

>Those thought to highly of by themselves

>Depressing histories

>Intentional Idiots

Talents

>Can handle herself in combat

>Writing quite well

>The reading of body language and facial expressions

General Personality

Kunvu, unlike common assumption, isn’t devious, corrupt, or cocky. Possibly a bit of the opposite actually. First of, Kunvu is quite loyal. Having her friends back in most scenarios. Next, she’s optimistic. Always wanting the best outcome for any situation no matter how dull the current circumstances are. The Dream Weaver is also quite intelligent, taking a tactical approach to most things. Along with that, she is also quite logical, always having a method to her madness. And Respectful, seeing as how she was raised it’s kind of a given.

Yet, despite all this, Kunvu can be antisocial at times. Wanting to avoid unnecessary social interaction. A tad impatient when it comes to tasks that could be done quite fast. And immature, having to be the one to tell that joke at the wrong time.

Powers / Skills

Major Power

Dream Embodiment (Main reason for her name)

Minor Power

Erebokinesis (This includes her breath ability)

Minor Power

Umbrakinetic Blade Construction

Minor Power

Racial abilities (Enhanced senses, flights, etc)

Equipment

Her current leather clothing / Armor

Focus Crystal

History

Kunvu (Pronounced Kun-va) was raised in a strict household. Her parents were...how do I put it lightly...kiss asses. Sucking up to who ever they could to get what they wanted. And so, Kunvu was drilled on how to be proper. This included only speaking when spoke to, bowing when introducing yourself, etc. This continued for quite a while. Her parents obtaining tons of trinkets, odds, ends, and most importantly, gold. Throughout her childhood they had retained quite the wealth. And after such wealth was achieved, they basically left Kunvu on her on her own. Apparently her only purpose had been flattery for her parents gain. And she honestly didn't care. It was nice to not have someone checking your posture or slapping you every time you spoke without being directly spoken to.

After earning her living as a blacksmith for the last 7 years, Kunvu wanted to do something else, change things up a bit. Then, she talked to a few connections and wormed her way in as a mercenary. Completing contracts for clients who have the gold to pay.

She was chosen for the expedition for her skills in smithing and crafting, and for her logical way of thinking.

Last edited by a moderator:
@StoneWolf18

StoneWolf18 said:
Umbrakinetic Blade Construction
Whut?

Also, did you read the premise? How were you selected to be part of the expedition?

StoneWolf18 said:
Dream Embodiment (Main reason for her name)
We'll need to talk about that. That wasn't really an option given, and is not explained well enough for me to make a call.

StoneWolf18 said:
Erebokinesis (This includes her breath ability)
Also need to talk about that. Not really against it. But you completely forgot equipment, and if you are a Technomancer, you need to have your focus crystal at the very least.

The Mythic Dragon] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/12813-stonewolf18/ said:
@StoneWolf18[/URL]
Whut?

Also, did you read the premise? How were you selected to be part of the expedition?

We'll need to talk about that. That wasn't really an option given, and is not explained well enough for me to make a call.

Also need to talk about that. Not really against it. But you completely forgot equipment, and if you are a Technomancer, you need to have your focus crystal at the very least.
Aight, let me PM you.

Name: Asan Herwraek

Race: Cyber (100% electromancy)

Class: Rogue

Equipment: A high-torque longbow, and twin electrified shortswords. As well as multiple arrows. Wears a mix of plate and reinforced leather armor.

Looks:

149133_115428161856389_100001676162291_113215_1158682_n.jpg

Personality: Asan is much like the other males of his family. Stern, cold, and calculating. However, when family or friends are involved, Asan can quickly turn vicious and bloodthirsty.

History: Like many of his forefathers before him, Asan follows the path of a mercenary, a path first layed out by Asan's great ancestor, Aias Herwraek. Raised by his mother alone, Asan left his home at the age of fifteen. From that point on, Asan has lived as a mercenary.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back