• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic [Sci-Fi Post-Apocalypse] Who said the Apocalypse had to be our end? [Recruiting]

II-CinderRadcliff-II

Kitsune of the North
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Heyo. I'm looking for people who want to do a group RP. Not 100% sure where I want the plot to go, but here's the intro to get a better idea of what the thread will be like:

As like any normal day, the Earth orbited the sun as humanity bustled all over it's surface; whether it was waking up for work or stumbling around their cities in a drunken haze. That was well over 12,700 years ago...

The day of the apocalypse was during the year 11020, a full 9000 years after the world nearly fell apart at the seems. During that massive span of time humanity had witnessed multiple catastrophes that nearly ended civilization, from meteors wiping out large portions of ocean life to the Yellowstone Super Volcano erupting; even enduring a massive Ice-Age that consumed the entire planet for nearly a millennia. It was also during this time that multiple multi-billion corporations were established, building and testing new methods to protect humanity in the future should more disasters occur. One of these corporations was known as Whiteout Industries, conceived and organized before and during the Ice-Age and responsible for establishing bunkers spanning miles underground; and the corporation that introduced the first functional bio-domes to house wildlife that had nearly gone extinct. With the help from a few other organizations constructed satellites to orbit the Earth, redirecting more sunlight to the surface to raise the temperature and reverse the Ice-Age's effects. Humanity once again took control of the surface. They rebuilt their cities and re-established their networks for transportation and communication, though this time with better technology and more concern for the environment. They had even reached a point that new loop-holes in the laws of physics were discovered and allowed them to create a source of infinite energy.

As humanity went about their day to day life, gravitational reading in labs and stations around the world started to give more and more abnormal outputs; with multiple observatories finding that Pluto and it's moons were approaching the inner Solar System. As scientists scrambled to find out what was going on, the weeks that followed saw the other planets being thrown off of their usual orbits as well. Pluto ended up being flung into the sun, with it's moon punching a hole in Saturn's rings before colliding into Venus. By the time Halloween rolled around Earth was the next victim, slowly spiraling away from the sun as scientists now knew what had happened: A rogue Black Hole entered their Solar System. By the time Earth had reached where Jupiter had orbited, the sun was fairly quickly devoured by the Black Hole; with all of humanity bearing witness as one of their satellites observing the sun caught the footage before it too got destroyed. The surface was cooling very rapidly by this point and humanity fled into the bunkers, with the Earth and Moon slowly approaching Jupiter. Both planets had been ejected from the former Solar System, with those who didn't either getting sucked in as well or colliding with one another in violent spectacles. Jupiter and Earth were now in an eternal dance in the cosmos, with the moon having been stripped and destroyed by the intense gravity that Jupiter gave off.

Although the surface of the Earth was now almost completely stripped of life, the remnants of human civilization now lived deep underground. The bunkers Whiteout Industries had built and maintained was now their permanent home, and as time flew by most people had forgotten the horrors that had happened; along with what the surface looked like and how life once thrived above the bunkers. It didn't stop them from exploring though. They had found that some forms of complex lifeforms survived, such as the pine trees of old that had adapted to the harsh cold and lack of sunlight. Deer and Moose also survived, though wolves and mountain lions also survived; thanks in part due to volcanic activity keeping some parts of the surface warm and hospitable. Expeditions to the ruined cities and old observatories still occur, though with heavily armed groups of four to twelve people to fend off any predators. With the next expedition coming up, a new chapter of humanity can begin.

Sign-Ups Link: Futuristic - [Sign Ups - Open] Who said the Apocalypse had to be our End?

Last edited:
Heyo II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II <3

I do really like your idea, it gave me alot of various vibes from different games that I used to play (Metro for the post-apoc and a bit of Dead Space for the whole planets colliding part to the story). I would absolutely love to voice my interest in taking part though obviously I do have a couple of questions to gauge whether i'll be compatible. <3

How often do you want people to post, what sort of characters are you looking to join? (as in, any specific roles that you feel would be important to have filled) and what sort of sized posts are you looking for? I usually post around once everyone 1-2 weeks ~ depending on my schedule and each post is generally around 4-10 paragraphs.

I do have a couple of ideas for situations that could occur during our travels, perhaps in certain areas at specific times, the gravity becomes much weaker due to the Earth's momentum coming into the occasional friction against Jupiter's. I can imagine two opposing groups of survivors battling it out in the underground, only for the gravity to become temporarily distorted and appears as though everyone is floating around like astronauts, only to then come thudding back down to the floor once the mystical event passes. 🤣

For posts, once every week would be okay, though I usually encourage every day to every few days if possible.

As for how gravity works between Jupiter and Earth, the two are far enough apart to not have any major changes such as that, as such forces would have begun to slowly rip apart the Earth.

As for important roles that need to be filled, there are currently 4 (one of which I will fill in). Other characters can be made outside of them, but the main focus is on the 4 following roles: The Security Guard, the Medic, the Scientist, and the Explorer. I'll link the sign-up thread soon as that has more info on each of the roles.

Aye, I won't promise I'll be able to post more than once a week.. work is work at the end on the day but we'll see how things go I suppose.. :P

I think i'll probably go for the Explorer as I quite enjoy writing up scenery and what-not.. I suppose I am too used to taking the lead in writing up the situations we adventurers so often find ourselves in.. 😂 Furthermore I quite like the idea of a 'fractured planet', on the cusp of completely collapsing but stable enough to make living somewhat viable. Gravity shifts, lakes of magma and other cataclysmic enviroments to traverse might give our little group of travellers a challenge or two. 🤔 Perhaps if there's a ending planned for this story, it could be that our ancestors were amongst those unlucky enough to be left behind, once Earth was deemed 'a lost cause' and the privileged few were able to be evacuated to orbiting space-stations. Our group perhaps stumble upon one of these many evacuation ships and decide to make the effort of repairing the vessel (requiring various ventures into dangerous enviroments and enemy lands to collect the required parts) in order to allow their people to finally depart the doomed planet. 🌍

Last edited:
Not what I had in mind. I was thinking more along the lines of both planets wandering into another star system, with evidence of the event becoming more and more noticeable. There will be parts of Earth that are much more dangerous, but for the moment the setting is focused on North America's eastern shores.

This looks really cool, and I’d be interested. Funny thing is I just had a dream about a post apocalyptic world so I’m in the mood for an rp based off it.

Welcome! I ended up making the sign-ups a different thread, so I'll link it below here. Any questions beforehand?

Hey everyone, is anyone still interested in joining the thread? The Sign-Up thread has been ready for days and others have already signed up on there, so I want to know who's still interested and who's not anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back