• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Scales Academy: Continuity [MHA]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

GrieveWriter

U-Incorporated 2nd Class Type Unit
Soraizumi.full.1538450.jpg
A bus full of students were supposed to come to this monument to view the Symbol of France in all its glory. To meet a sibling of their teacher, who themselves was a hero of note. Mr. Callista had hoped such a venture would make up for the admittedly poor handling of their first few days at Scales Academy. Even he could admit that the staff had not been on their A-game, for one very important reason that he knew he'd have to deal with after this outing. As the Bus pulled up to the monument, he spotted his brother standing in wait for them. The Teacher frowned as his sibling's appearance became more noticeable.

Juxtaposed from the many civilians traveling to and from the monument, his brother stood out like the sorest thumb imaginable. As if ripped right from the history books, an excessively muscled man in an old French soldier's outfit with what looked like a musket strapped to his back stood at attention with a salute already prepared as the vehicle came to a stop beside him. If his clothing wasn't enough to make him stand out, the odd trench mask would.

Dan bit his lip and sighed, realizing that once more his advise had fallen on deaf ears.

Glancing back, he looked over the students assembled on the bus. From the optimistic looking Dragon Girl all the way to the pale girl and her two classmates, Mr. Callista could only hope that his sibling's refusal to change his attire was not indicative of the day to come.

So once the Bus stopped, he stood tall at the front and clapped his hands together to garner the attention of the students "Okay everybody, how about assembling just outside, eh?" he nodded to the door as it slid open before standing to the side and gesturing for them to move "We'll have a talk with the Captain of the French Guard and go learn a thing or two."

StarryKnights StarryKnights PlusUltra PlusUltra Karcen Karcen IG42 IG42

• EUu008U.png

Jane Dorethy Delacroix
    Mood: Determined
    Mentions: GrieveWriter GrieveWriter StarryKnights StarryKnights Karcen Karcen IG42 IG42

Jane casually exits the bus looking up the the mass of latiched iron towering over the area, a monument to a revolution that upheaved the country to birth a new age. It was a fitting location now she thinks about it, there were so many false heroes now a adays, even the one claimed to be the greatest ran like a coward when confronted with a challange beyond their comfort zone...it was about time for another revolution for better or wore. A rebirth of the age of heroes, ones that understand what that means, the type shes going to become, the type that can truly save people, and above all prove to *her* that such heroes may still exist. The entire time her eyes are locked on the tower, drilling into it with determination as her thoughts continue onwards for what seems like hours. Apparently the next stop was the captain of the guard....wait a minute didnt her mother.....

Janes expression drops as she almost facepalms at having missed it, the fact her mother had run circles around the French authoritys for years and the guard especially isnt likely to be forgotten by them, though perhaps they wouldnt realise the connection. Shaking her head, no it doesnt matter if they notice or not, she will face it head on like everything else and stare down the opposition. She turns her head slowly to regard the other members of the class as she follows along with the teacher, either way something in her gut was telling her this was going to be a eventful day.

Thea kicked her feet excitedly the entire way to the tower, even though she'd seen it before it was always a breathtaking sight to behold. She wondered how it would feel to jump from the highest point, oh it was such a tempting thought. She doubted her teacher would approve if she attempted to scale the thing, and the security at the monument would be even less thrilled.
As a future hero it was important for Thea to set a good example, and follow all the laws and rules expected of the public.
Heroes were meant to be the pillars of society, and they couldn't do that if they cavorted about as they pleased.

When the bus came to a stop the dragon girl jumped to her feet and skipped out the door, exiting behind Jane she gaped up at the monument with a look of wonder.

"Preeeety", she giggled, she held her hand up to her forehead to shield her eyes from the sun.

"Thea wants to go alll the way to the top", she pointed upwards to the very tip of the tower. Realizing she'd spoken incorrectly, Thea cleared her throat. "I mean... I want to go all the way to the top", she chuckled.

Thea waited outside the bus for the rest of her class, and offered Jane a friendly wave when the two girl's briefly met eyes. Jane was fairly serious and solemn, Thea liked that about her, she kept a cool head. Thea liked that about her.

PlusUltra PlusUltra

Strangely Jane nods seemingly wrapped within her thoughts "Me too" though perhaps from the demeanor she could be talking about something entirely diffrent. She barely even realises her hand raising in a return greeting before a eye steadily moves in the direction of the dragon girl and she is brought back to reality. "While you could likely reach it, following that your going to have unlawful quirk usage and tresspassing in the civil courts unless nepotism plays a hand"

StarryKnights StarryKnights

Thea blinked and cocked her head to the side and flashed a curious frown.
"What does nepotism mean?", she asked Jane. "And I know I shouldn't fly up there, that be bad", she giggled. "But also a lot of fun", she looked back toward the top and sighed.
"Maybe someday, but not today".

PlusUltra PlusUltra

She keeps walking and cranes her head in their direction "Simply put it is the favouring relatives and friends from a position of power. For example" gesturing to the teacher at the side "If his sibling would use his position to treat him and those he is responsable for diffrently due to said conection, and as a result the rest of those under his perview would be treated less favourably and thus unfarily. More precisely not punishing as he should for infractions he observes because of that connection" her tone has returned to its normal monotone as she turns her head to the side "Besides, the cold winds may be a issue at that height, and that would be troublesome"

StarryKnights StarryKnights

Last edited:
Eve had waited from a response from silas but when he said norhing the whole ride over she had gone back to drawing. She had hoped for some feed back in all the gizmos and gadgets she was putting in. Those Eve felt could be more relied on than her uncontrable quirk and thus she was trying to pack her suit with them.

Wgen They were finally at the tower Eve was less than intrested. Being the harder local she really didn't care about the tower or well seeing it at least. What was if more intrest was Thea and Jane talking and that Jane was over explaining something. To Eve it seemed Jane didn't just talk when she spoke she chose the most abd longest words she could to convay the least amount of information. To Eve this was what people did when they thought everyone else was dumb and wanted to show off how many words they knew. Still given Kane seemed smart and strong it made sense she eoukd want everyone else to know howuch better she was. Eve didn't mention any of this as it was to much of a hassle better to zine out and only pick up on the meaning of what Jane said rather than the actual content.

Victoria exited the bus with a look of awe etched into her features. As her scarf reached up to lift her hat a bit, she clasped her hands together while taking in the monument.

"Seriously though, why we gotta come all the way to this thing?" Milo asked out loud as he pushed past the fashionista to get a btter look at it "I mean, don't we got enough pictures o' the damn thing?"

"Even so, there's a certain feeling of weight which accompanies seeing a grand monument such as this in person, no?" Victoria asked before Milo once more nudged her aside as he leaned forward and squinted at the back of their teacher, who seemed to be walking steadily towards-

"What in the hell is that?"
Milo asked as he finally got a better view of their teacher's apparent contact.

Mr. Callista came to a stop in front of the tall, old-timey looking soldier with a deep frown. The two seemed to have a small stare-down before he finally crossed his arms and asked "What are you doing?"

Despite the mask, his brother's snide voice came out clear as day "Helping you with this farce of a trip, obviously."

Eyes narrowing, Mr. Callista took a step forward "Sal-"

"Oi!" his brother interrupted by raising a hand which seemed to suddenly extend from his arm to point at his sibling "Do not forget yourself Daniel, while on the job you shall refer to me as Captain Clockwork. And what else do you suppose I'm to call this?"

"Call it whatever you want," Mr. Callista muttered before glancing back to his class and leaning forward a bit "But to them this is just an opportunistic class trip, okay?"

"Things at the Academy that bad?" the Captain asked before snickering "Really had to get all the students out that quickly?"

"I-" Dan paused before shaking his head and nodding back to the assembled students "Just help me with this, we'll talk afterwards."

Despite the mask, his brother made it painfully clear that he was rolling his eyes "Very well, let's get this charade on the way."

The two finally walked back to the students, "Alright class, this is Captain Clockwork."

"Captain or Colonel, really." his brother pointed out with a shrug "The lads change it up every now and then but I'm still the one Overseeing the Guard more or less."

"He also so happens to be my brother." said Mr. Callista

"But don't expect either of us to share too many similarities." Clockwork groaned before bending forward a bit and looking over the class "I'm sure that some of you with siblings may be able to relate."

The Captain ran his gaze along the class, pausing only once on Jane before leaning back and glancing over to his brother.

Dan did his best to hide his distaste with his brother's tone, but merely shook his head once before continuing "And today he's been kind enough to take us on a tour of the Eiffel Tower while also discussing the relation between heroes and the government."

"Yeah yeah, so might as well start firing off some questions now while we make our way there." Clockwork turned to the tower and gestured for them all to follow "Still a bit of a walk, so who's first?"

As he glanced back to them, he noticed Milo's hand shoot up first "What's with the eighteenth century getup, your quirk time-travelling?"

Clockwork merely began walking forward with a sigh "No, I am not a time traveler. My choice of costume merely reflects my loyalty to France."

Almost immediately Milo's hand shot up once more "You named Clockwork and you can't even time-travel? Sorry but I'm feeling kind of a mix of betrayal and disappointment."

"Okay, any actual questions from literally anybody else?"

StarryKnights StarryKnights PlusUltra PlusUltra Karcen Karcen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back