• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Saved by You ?

Characters
Here

Delilah

go wild for a while ?
in which a girl who’s left to care for her younger sister requires just a bit of help from the boy next door.

(closed!)

Maddox stood at the back of the funeral watching the two daughter's of his neighbors and good friends the Costa's. He had worked with their son over the past year of living here. The news of their deaths had hurt him. He had yet to go next door to talk to the girls but he planned on it. Taking a deep breath he was last to walk up to the pair as they said their last goodbyes over the 3 coffins. "Abby...Rose im so sorry for your lose...if you need anything please do not hesitate to call me or come over my door is always open to you". his deep voice was quiet and calming. The moss green eyes shiny with unshed tears. He was not great at expressing his emotion but these girls needed someone in their corner.

Abigail lifted her free hand, the one not holding her younger sister, to wipe the tears that flowed from her grass-green eyes. “Of course, thank you Maddox,” the young girl said, her voice shaky but her eyes saying so much more. “I’m sure we’ll be over in the coming weeks, right Rose?” Abby shook out her head, her long blond hair waving in the small breeze that swept the graveyard where her parents would be laid to rest.

The small girl held by her sister ran a hand through her curly blond hair, the style no doubt done by her older sister. She gave a vigorous nod, looking just like her sister as she did. Her face was dry, and it was obvious Rose didn’t truly understand the situation. “Thank you,” she echoed, and with that her sister held her closer, a hand on her head pulling Rose into the crook of her neck. She gave Maddox a small smile, though it came far from reaching her eyes.

Last edited:
He bite his lip rubbing the back of his neck. "Is someone taking you home?" He had taken the day off from work to be here. Maddox didn't know the relatives or family friends so he was not sure who was helping them today. He felt out of place. His jeans and work boots not really on the same level of the girls name brand clothes or the wealthy elders that had been to the funeral. "Your um having a lunch at home right? With all the relatives?"

“Yeah, my aunt and uncle are here, as well as my grandparents and my father’s business partners. I‘m sure one of them will take me home, though I’m unsure if I can bear another ‘it’ll be alright soon’ if that makes sense. Because it won’t be,” she spilled, giving a wry laugh at the end. She shifted her feet, her dark heels sinking into the warm dirt of the field. “I’m sure you’re welcome to attend, I know you were close with my brother.”

Rose wriggled in Abigail’s arms, and the girl let her down, biting her lip as Rose stumbled over towards a cousin. Her eyes were dark from the makeup that had smeared, and her short black dress ruffled in the wind. She let herself sneak another worried glance in her sister’s direction. Is this how Mom felt? she wondered, her eyes unfocused before she turned back to Maddox, running a hand through her hair to smooth it down.

He nodded giving her comforting smile...or what he hoped was. His own look trained on the younger girl "would...maybe i can take rose? She was helping me paint a bird house before...i know her being so much younger she does not fully understand yet. And its just next door if you get uncomfortable".

She lifted her green gaze to meet his. She knew he was to be trusted, but with recent events, she didn’t want to let out of her sight. “I’m sure she’d love to. If you want, we can come over after our lunch at the house, I know everhone’s been dyi- really wanting to see her.” She cut herself off as she spoke of dying so casually, a single tear working its way to the front of her green eyes. She bit her pale pink lips, makeup free, as she glanced back towards her sister who was hugging a crying relative. She shook her head, letting her golden locks fly behind her before she turned back to Maddox.

He nodded clearing his throat "of course Abby just come by...i should get going help direct people on parking back home". He reached out tugging on her slender hand. Maddox wrapped her in a big warm,strong hug trying to help the hurt. He was devastated by her lose and felt a pull to help them.

“Okay.” She let him grab her hand, fighting through the slight apprehension and allowing him to hold her tight. She let out a quiet sob, biting her lip to quiet herself. “Thank you,” she murmured, lifting her head and stepping backwards. “I’ll shoot you a text when we’re done,” she called as she turned to go find her sister.

He headed towards the parking lot. Blinking away his own tears. Maddox was not used to caring but this dam family had made him care...alot. Unlocking the door to his black 4 door jeep the big guy climbed in. After clicking his belt and pulling out he focused on driving and not his emotions.

Picking the young girl up in her arms, Abigail made her way around the funeral to say goodbye to the assorted family members that were scattered across the grounds. She held her tears in as she shook hands and hugged people she had never met, holding Rose close. Her aunt had promised to handle finishing up the ceremony and such, and Abby found her way back to where her parents would be laid. She crouched down, letting Rose stand. “Say goodbye, baby, we’re not gonna see them for a while,” she whispered, voice breaking. Rose reached a small hand out to touch the cool stone while her sister placed a small daisy on the grave. Sweeping Rose into her arms, Abigail swiftly hurried off, placing Rose into her car seat, and then hopping into her Jeep and driving homewards.

Dox pulled into his driveway to see people just standing around the girls tard and porch. The house must be locked. He had a spare key incase of emergency so he unlocked the door letting them in. He went back home after to change out of the dress shirt and tie.

skipping the lunch because it’d be an essay )

Abigail held Rose close as she waved goodbye to everyone who had came to her house post-funeral. She sighed, dropping her sister to the ground to let her run around, and Abby walked upstairs to her room, pulling off her dress and heels. Giving up after a while, she put leggings and an old Dartmouth hoodie of hers and went to find Rose, who had already changed. Sighing, she picked up her phone and dialed Maddox’s number, typing in a quick message to let him know they’d be over soon. Grabbing a bottle of iced tea and her phone, she reached for her sisters hand and walked outside to the porch.

Maddox replied with just come in. He wasdoing sone work to his house. So he was on a ladder sanding some old wooden trim around the dinning room door. It kept his mind busy.

Abigail let Rose run through the yard, shouting for her to be careful as she stood underneath the ladder Maddox was perched on. “Don’t fall,” she teased, chuckling quietly as she held on to the ladder so it didn’t wiggle.

Every now and then, the young woman would glance towards where her sister was tumbling through the grass or gawking at the birds. She gave a small chuckle, glancing back over to Maddox.

Last edited:
Maddox grinned down at her "ill try not to". He carefully climbed down so he could talk to her and not be above her. Though he was a good bit taller than her reguardless. "So every one gone?" Judging by her clothes he would guess yes.

"Yeah. My parents would rise from the dead to shout at me if I was like this when we had guests over," she chuckled, shrugging. She called Rose over, but the little girl kept picking flowers. "You can take her to work on the birdhouse, or whatever it was you wanted to do. I've got business to finish up, and I can join you two afterwards, if that's okay?" She raised her head so her gaze met his, the golden bun on top of her head moving as she did so.

He nodded smiling softly "come find us in the garage when your done". Maddox jpgged over scooping little rose up in his big arms "Rosey Posey you ready to finish painting?!" He was laughing and tickling her to lighten all their moods.

Abigail nodded, a small smile on her lips as she did. She turned to sit on the ladder, texting one of her father's many business associates. She gave a sigh, taking a sip of her iced tea.

Rose smiled and squirmed, nodding her head as she let Maddox take her in the garage.

He had a bunch of little cups of diffrent colored paints set up with little brushes. The plane wooden house sat by them "ok rosey lets put a apron on you or your sister might get upsett if your covred in paint". It was actuly one his old tshirts but it would work. "Ok go ahead have a ball paint it just how you want kiddo"

Rose giggled, dipping her finger into one of the paints and smearing it onto the house, making it into a heart design. The little girl repeated it over and over again until the small wooden structure was covered in blue with red hearts and stars. "Will Abby like it?" the small girl asked, poking at it gently with two fingers to ensure it had dried.

He smiled taking a wet rag to her hands. "She will love it you did great. Ill hang it in the tree in your front yard ok? After we show Abby".

Rose smiled and nodded, pulling his t-shirt off of his head and racing out to the yard to find her older sibling.

Abby didn't take notice of her, a frown pulling her face downwards as she glanced to her phone. "Dammit," she whispered quietly, rolling her eyes and shaking her head. Her mother's bank account had been sealed, and even though she could fix it, it would take hours that she didn't have. She locked her phone and slipped it into her pocket, smiling as she glanced at Rose. "Hey baby, painting go okay?" she asked, pulling her sister close and kissing her forehead.

Maddox strode out holding the bird house from a length of roap tied to a ring on the. "Who wants to watch me climb a tree?" He winked at them and crossed over to the big tree in their front yard. He leaped up grabbing a lower branch. He was athletic for a big guy. Squirming up he eventually sat up straddling the big branch. "Rosey can you point out were ya want it sweetheart?" He called down to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back