• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

SAO Inspired 1x1 anyone?

Dandy Bobandy

A dandy girl in space.
Roleplay Type(s)
So, I just tried to give SAO a shot a couple of days ago. That premise is just fantastic. I thought: how can a show with such an opportune story not succeed?

Well, within a couple of episodes, I was able to answer that question. A premise like this, even if it is solid, can be easily ruined by bland characters and pointless limitation. Predictability and shameless cliches made this essentially unwatchable (cringe worthy)for me and it's breaking my heart. Even still, I'm plagued by this hype over what I was hoping for as opposed to what I got... So I came here to rpnation, made myself an account, and I'm ready to do this the right way!

For any of those who are not familiar, the plot is this: the first virtual reality video game ever sells out their 1000 copy preorder. The day of launch, everybody logs in and are transferred to a virtual MMORPG. Shortly thereafter, they find that the logout button does not work. This essentially becomes their lives. Sorry for my extremely brief explanation, but I want most of the meat to be something plotted between us as partners. We may even change it from a video game to an other-worldly portal. I'm pretty relaxed on the concept, I just sort of want to world build.

_ You can call me Harpy

_ I play male and female roles. I am happy to play only female or only male if requested. I want us both to play many characters to form a full cast, but introduced over time.

_ I enjoy the use of anime face claims.

_ I type a lot. 4-15 or so paragraphs? Of course that depends on the amount of characters and inspiration where I fall on that spectrum. You don't need to match and I by no means want fluff but please don't come to me with less than 3. I want to see into your characters' heads.

_ I have a few ideas- don't think that this is a total shot in the dark!

_ I roleplay over gdocs, PMs, or emails.

_ I don't want to copy SAO. I just want to steal the basic premise. I want a world a lot more free than the sword-centric SAO. I might even want this place to become more and more real over time to cause some interesting changes in our characters as they slowly become immersed in their new selves.

Send me a message and we can get the ball rolling. I am already full of inspiration. Like I said, how can a plot like this not be awesome?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back