• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Sandbox

Esbilon

Seven Thousand Club
Hey

I was wondering if it was possible to have a sandbox somewhere on the our personal profile page. Like the box where we edit our signature, but without broadcasting the content anywhere. I use my signature to keep track of the games I'm in and the characters I play, and it would be nice to have somewhere to put the inactive-but-not-dead games, and to make notes that I can access anywhere.

Also, something completely different. I may be my being blind, but when I look at a game-forum on my phone, I can't see the links to the subfora, and thus can't access them.

Esbilon said:
Hey
I was wondering if it was possible to have a sandbox somewhere on the our personal profile page. Like the box where we edit our signature, but without broadcasting the content anywhere. I use my signature to keep track of the games I'm in and the characters I play, and it would be nice to have somewhere to put the inactive-but-not-dead games, and to make notes that I can access anywhere.

Also, something completely different. I may be my being blind, but when I look at a game-forum on my phone, I can't see the links to the subfora, and thus can't access them.
I don't know if the first thing can be acomplished. I might be able to add some boxes in users profiles that only they can see but it won't be confidently placed in your signature.

In all honestly most if not all forum softwares don't have support for something like that.

As for the mobile issue about sub forums not appearing, that is a question/concern better suited for @Pineapple.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]I don't know if the first thing can be acomplished. I might be able to add some boxes in users profiles that only they can see but it won't be confidently placed in your signature.
In all honestly most if not all forum softwares don't have support for something like that.

[/QUOTE]
yeah, I figured. It's just something I thought might be nice to have.

The ideal thing would be a copy of the signature box that just didn't go anywhere.

There is an "About You" section somewhere in the profile settings. I don't think it's private, but it's not broadcast like your signature is either.

Kaerri said:
There is an "About You" section somewhere in the profile settings. I don't think it's private, but it's not broadcast like your signature is either.
So there is! Thanks.

Esbilon said:
I have the same problem with the phone, but when I tilt it sideways (landscape) it shows the sub-forum tabs. However, when I have the phone upright (portrait) it seems the site has a large blank area to the side, making the whole thing too small to read unless you zoom in.

The subforum issue on mobile is something we are still trying to explore, @Pineapple will be able to provide more information.

For the sandbox, I might have something soon.

Just figured out the source of your problem with the extra space on my phone: The banner for DriveThruRPG is too big.

[QUOTE="Skari-dono]Just figured out the source of your problem with the extra space on my phone: The banner for DriveThruRPG is too big.

[/QUOTE]
I removed that banner, its not in the support us page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back