• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Sanctum

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

LadyGrimm

53473d1495982b8c28deabf968e78373.jpg

The Sorcerer Kings castle and the large large buzzing city below it are known as Sanctum. The plot of land behind it technically belongs to knight calliope who has turned it into a sanctuary for magical plants and creatures. The creatures are known for protecting the castle against strangers that try to enter.

Last edited:
After a long day of certifying magic users in the temple Calliope wondered into the grand dining hall for a jug of wine. Her many layers of robes slowly peeled off and falling to the ground like flower petals until they were just kind of thrown about the hall. All that was left was her basic thin white dress. She slid down into a chair at the head of the table and poured herself several glasses. Her mind of plagued with all the reports of monster rising that had long been forgotten. Demonic magic was on the rise. As she put her feet up on the table she gazed into the clear crystals of the chandelier above her. The castle was so quiet today. It grew more quiet with each passing day as the King moved closer to his last breath. But he had no heir. No names successor. The fight for the thrown becoming more real every day as leaders around the world become more aware of the king absences. Some of the other knights had chosen to build on the land they were given but Calliope decided to stay in the castle along side their king. He needed her healer abilities on a almost daily basis now. It had been awhile since she's seen her brothers and sisters in arms. The king had called them all back home once he realized the vessels had found hosts. A part of calliope wonders if he did this on purpose. Is his age making him crazy? Is he more corrupt than she realized? But she couldn't bring herself to voice the thoughts to anyone. So she just continued to sip at her cup of wine and dance her fingers tapped rhythmically on the its side.

1574133178360.png Alteron returned from another day of helping out in the city doing various odds and ends and helping out at the prison to help the inmates get their lives back on track so they could once again join society to help their fellow man. He had elected to give away his land to the poor farmers from where he grew up and it had grown into a booming town. He only took the meager amount of money he needed to live off of from the town's profits, instead investing it in helping reform the prisoners and helping the poor around the country. It was a bit of a running joke that no one could tell which virtue he was since he emulated several of them. It was slow going but today at least he was doing something to help his fellow man. He flew down to the courtyard and headed into the dining hall, grabbing food and drink before walking in to see Calliope drinking a cup of wine. "Good evening Calliope." He says as he takes a seat across from her.

Calliope jumped slightly as she didn't expect anyone to be here. She was quiet timid and easily startled. She watched him sit down and smile softly at him,"Hello Alteron." She saw him more often than others mostly in passing by since he was so active with the city. "How are you this fine afternoon?" Calliope said as sweet as could be. "Busy as always I assume." Sitting up properly she scouted in her chair. A maid offered more wine and Calliope politely declined, but only because someone else was in the room.

1574133178360.png "Forgive me for startling you." He says before responding. "Same as always." He says with a gentle smile. "Yes I went around the prison today helping the inmates, thankfully 10 of them are only steps away from being able to return to their former lives." He says noticing her refusal of wine. "No need to abstain on my behalf." Alteron says before taking a glass of wine for himself, thanking the servant. "How have you been? I heard the seven are back so you must be busy..." he says before taking a bite and drink, eating politely. His race being a long lived one he was still but a child when he met the king and being chosen. He had only fully matured within the last few decades. Hopefully she didn't remember him being an annoying child when they first met...

Last edited:
"Yes. Quiet busy Indeed." She sighed and looked at him,"Honestly I'm more worried for the king I feel each day he gets closer and closer to the end and with more monster popping up that I haven't seen before or haven't seen since The Last War I don't know how to guide the soldiers I can't fight." Calliope took a deep breath,"Sorry." She chuckled nervously. "I just don't know what to do at this point other than damage control. I'm not a leader." Her fingered tapped on the table as she took another drink of water

1574889276974.png Alteron's face falls. "So it's already that bad... perhaps I should see him one last time..." He says before turning back to face her. "I can lead but we both know one of the others would perform better than either of us, and please don't apologize. That's my thing." He says trying to lighten the mood with a joke. "Would you like to take a break tomorrow and join me? We don't have to go to the prison, I'm taking a day off tomorrow."

Calliope smiled sweetly at him and nodded, "A break would definitely be nice....." She sipped at her water lost in thought for a moment. "But I'm not sure I know what to do with myself if I did." A soft chuckle escaped from her lips as she peer over her glass at him before setting it down. "The kingdom might explode." she teased but then wondered if she was serious in her own thoughts

1576350211563.png "We could visit the carnival that's in town, a play, or perhaps just go out to eat." He suggests before chuckling a little at her joke. "You've earned a day off, aside it would be nice to catch up since we don't talk often." Chastity would probably have a fit if they knew but he had finally awakened in the stage in his races lifespan where they seek companionship. He felt lost on what to do with this new feeling but he wouldn't force anyone to do anything with him. His mind wandered back to the king who was falling into a darkness, the likes of which he knew not. He hoped everything would work out for the kingdom in the end but with such uncertainty he could only do his small part helping those he could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back