• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

LadyGrimm

Nasad
The City of Webs

656d2700993f12ba10c44eef4d097bf0.jpg
fe081edd048a280fa7726b0d6037a53c.png

OgY522K.jpg
2121b66f7dd5cc914756b9b7bcb99e72db6b2a91.jpg

Nasad is a popular underground city for many. Even surface dwellers can be found adventuring here, most are just touring, so the city keeps their wits about them. It is run and guarded by mostly driders, half humanoid half spider creatures, and the assortment of giant cave spiders at their command. There is only two easy ways directly into Nasad, which are the bridges on the north and south side, other than that it means scaling the
giant stalagmites and stalactites. Which isn't safe for more than one reason. If you don't fall to your death you may end up as spider food or victims of the driders wrath. The laws that protect you inside the city, do not extend past it's perimeter.

In the city they have good and bad sides like most. The more accessible areas are for the savory folk while hidden alley ways that lead further under the city aren't. Tourists that find themselves in the wrong areas may find their organs harvested or themselves sold into slavery. It's a city of wonders and dangers. Anyone can find anything they are looking for here, or at least find someone who knows how to get what they need.

The most populated area is around the market square that dips up and down with the houses and stairways. There are several Inn's and taverns in the area around it. The Huntsmens is a more popular place for new travelers as it accepts bounties, flyers, and odd jobs in the area. The entertainment is different every night on the stage as they welcome anyone trying to start a career in entertainment (they also don't pay you and you only get whatever you can in tips from guests). They have an upper area that is pay to access while the rest is available to anyone. The taverns lower floors holds 3 tables and then a few steps down to the next holds 6 more. The light from the city lamps shines in during their day hours. The city trys to maintain the feeling of day and night by turning off most of the lights at night for comfort. There are several magical lights that illuminate the area that appear as large bells on
pedestals.

Last edited:
The Board by the bar holds several items if you care to take a look. Some blacked out, torn, or stacked on top of each other in layers including members of the rebellion on wanted signs and other flyers asking to join the rebellion. Many different jobs and sources of entertainment for many different kinds of people are available.

7jslhhudsofy.jpg
57cf7589c38ef95b6672dbccc1fb63ca.jpg
il_570xN.1098484686_dww8.jpg

INrtLOm.jpg
DzYQ9iRWwAIA5Qg.jpg
TMG02-CaravanGuards.png

Kasdeya walked threw the streets of Nasad with a black cloak wrapped around her in fear of being pick pocketed. She watched the citizen go by, occasionally peeked at the market stalls, until she found her way to the Huntsmen. She walked up to the bar and sat down where she finally removed her cloak. "I have another bounty Bar keep." untying a large brown cloth bag, stained and wet looking at the bottom, from her waist she tossed it on the counter.

"Oh come on Kas! You're gonna get blood on the counter!" The large half orc turned around and scowled at her with his left eye, the other was healed shut from a previous battle wound that extended from his forehead to his jaw bone. Most likely from an embarrassing encounter with a goblins bone made saw from the jagged looks of it. His thick hair was down past his shoulders and was pulled back into a loose pony tail that hung down his back while he worked. While his black beard and sideburns had a hint of grey telling of his age and his left ear held two smaller hoop earrings. A black inked tribal tattoo peaked out from the collar of his tunic and went up the side of his neck, ending before it reached his jaw. "And my name is not bar keep! You know it's Grimirk."

"Mmm mmeh." Kas chuckled slightly at his frustration and gave him a playful wink. She could see the veins almost popping out of his forehead as he took the bag and placed it in the chest on the floor behind him. "Let me know when Minonia comes in so I can collect....Grim" The female drow owner was a sight for sore eyes and only made an appearance once or twice a day to deal with the bounties, probably because she owned multiple thing in the area. Grimirk switched at the nickname while he cleaned off the counter top. He clearly didn't like being called anything but his full name and she knew it. Kas loved to get a rise out of everyone around her.

377668SableyeHuman.png
a tall tired-looking coal covered drow entered the tavern, looking back and forth nervously as he walked through the doors, spotting a table in the corner through his cave goggles. Nodding his head he makes his way over to it, sidestepping anyone who might come in contact with him, an "Excuse me" under his breath with each pass, with every creek of the floorboards underneath him he winces visibly, gripping the handle of his pickaxe tightly and stopping before moving on.

finally, he arrives at the table and sits carefully with a sigh, setting a bag from his pack down on the table and moving his goggles up to his forehead, revealing one blue eye and one bright green eye, as he looks the bag over it gives off a slight glow in his emerald eye, nodding with relief to it he closes his eyes when a waitress arrives and gives him a start as they as for his order
"Ah-! oh- uh, Yes.. yes. mine order? oh, just- just give me something zhat is cheap but filling, dah? Danke dir." he spoke through the dust mask in a heavy accent, one strange for most drow to posses.

As the food and drink is placed before him he nodded to give thanks and sets a small bag of coin in their hands, coal covered but weighty, the coins inside jangling around as they move it back from him, He looks around the room a few more times before waving a waitress down and asking them a particular question, an odd one.
"Yes, has anyone come through here, searching for a 'Ghillphred' zis is quite important to me. or any other... purcular people passing in? It vould very much help me to know, mine thanks, Fräulein."

With her back towards him she titled her head curiously as she listened to him speak from the bar. His presence was familiar but she could tell from his accent she had never met him before. As he entered the room Kas felt the gauntlets humming in a way she'd never heard before. They hadn't spoke to her in while now and they almost seemed to be coursing her toward him. Casually, Kasdeya turned around and leaned her elbows and back against the bar, her glowing fiery yellow eyes locking on to him.

She watched as the waitress approached him responded with "There's always peculiar people passing in." And side eyed Kasadeya as she stepped away,"You could place a bounty for Information on this Ghillphred if you wanted. You'd need to speak with the bar keep."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back