• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern San Francisco School of the Arts

"I'm not like other guys?" Bobby looked at Brooke for a moment, "I'm hoping that's a good thing cause in not trying to be anyone but me." He smiled a little, "you're pretty special yourself."

Brooke smiled when he said that she was special. She then turned replying to him. "It's a good thing. First off, you aren't perverted like other guys. Second, I'm not just something to get with. You want to know why else you're different?" Brooke raised an eyebrow smiling. "Most guys say I'm special, but when I ask why, 90% can't even explain properly,"

"Oh I'm all those things." Bobby grinned and winked. He looked at her for a moment. "You're special cause you're a genuine person. That's rare today, and I'm glad I found it in you sweetheart."

"You have to be joking, you don't seem perverted. If you were, I would just be someone to get with," Brooke rolled her eyes. Brooke waited for class to start. Maybe Sam was just getting ready, it should start in a few minutes. Brooke turned back to Bobby. "You really think, I'm more than a pretty face, huh?" Brooke asked smiling at Bobby's comment.

Bobby nodded, "Yeah, I do." He smiled, " a pretty face won't make me want to be your friend, a good personality will though, and I think you have a genuinely good personality Brooke." He followed with a wink, "but you do have one hell of a pretty face too."

Akako was glad to hear that Yori liked the song.

"Thank you, we won third place at that contest, apparently the music industry was not ready for us yet."

She remembered that cotest was the largest one they had ever done.

"We did a few other radio contests in Tokyo as well. Since our music was different we didn't always do to well."

She watched as Sam did an awkward shuffle back to the stage she smiled. She knew this year was going to be fun. She looked towards the stage when the bell rang.

Sam was chatting it up with Dave when the bell rang. He walked towards the stage door and looked out in the hallway. He noticed Ellie was in the hallway.

"You can join us if you want Ellie."

He quickly returned to the class room and sat on the edge of the stage.

"Alright guys settle down please!"

He waited for everyone to settle down.

"Alright, welcome to the San Francisco School of the Arts. My name is Sam Foster and I am your teacher this year."

he did the quote marks with his fingers when he said teacher.

"Just calm me Sam though, since we all teach eachother there is no need to be formal. Anways, it is tradition to perform a song, or dance, or maybe a song and dance on the first day. This is how we introduce ourselves to eachother, get to know what your fellow students do. Once we do this little thing, I will explain how the class will work."

He stood up and looked at his band mates.

"As the 'teacher' I will go first."

He and Dave decided to switch songs. Sam cleared his throat and Dave did the starting count

[media]

[/media]
When they finished he addressed the class again.

"Alright who wants to go?"

Brooke rolled her eyes but couldn't help but smile. "You know, as a matter of fact, some people think I'm a b*tch," Brooke smirked. "And yeah, I might be a pretty face," she giggled. She then turned her attention over to Sam. His band was pretty good. She wondered who would be brave enough to go next. She thought about volunteering but wondered what dance or song she would do. Would she go toward improv instead of singing and acting?

She really enjoyed hearing people play music, at times she wished she could play an instrument or sing or even just act. However, she loved dancing so much it didn't even bother her that she couldn't do what everyone else could. After Sam finished playing Holly didn't even realized it, but her hand was in the air. She looked up at her hand, and said "I guess I'll go." Last year, Holly did more of a Broadway number and she could tell many people were bored with it, so this year she decided to change things up. Being the youngest dancer she had to pull out all the stops to get noticed. She was ready. This is her performance:

[media]

[/media]
She finished her performance and casually walked off stage like it was no big deal, but in all honesty she was freaking out on the inside. She needed validation on almost everything she does.

Sam applauded after Holly's performance. He really wished he could dance, he caught himself drifting off to fantasy land. He quickly snapped back to reality.

"One of our few dancers! That was very good Holly. I guess you have given up on Broadway numbers?"

He smiled and looked out to the class again.

"Okay who wants to go now? Come on don't be shy!"

He was sitting to the side of stage watching and taking notes o f the performances.

Akako applauded both performances, she was waiting to go. She was nervous about performing especially after Sam's awesome performance and Holly's dance. Akako was worried she was not going to do to well. She looked around to see who was going next. She decided to wait two performances before going. She just needed to prepare for her performance.

Holly sat down feeling accomplished. "I could never give up on Broadway. Just decided to experiment." She smiled feeling relieved that her performance went smoothly and is now over.

Sam pointed at Elizabeth.

"Well come on up! You are the next contestant on the price is right!."

He laughed a bit before looking at her again.

"No really come up! I want to see what you have in store for us this year."

Elizabeth got her guitar and got up into the stage. She plugged her guitar into the amp and started playing

[media]

[/media]

"My oh My that girl can play. That was awesome." Bobby smiled and grabbed his guitar, and waited patiently for Sam to call for the next person, he had a song that would show off his guitar skill and he could sing it pretty decently, even though Bobby was a little self conscious about his voice.

Ellie immediately rushed inside and sat down in the back. She wasn't the one to take attention from anyone around her so she just kept silent while everyone performed. In her black bag, a pair of ballet shoes could be found. But she certainly did not plan on performing right now. Maybe later, when she's all alone. She did not have problems with performing for a crowd, it was just that she hadn't been warming up or anything. So instead she leaned backwards in the chair and watched the others.

Yori applauded all of the performances so far he enjoyed them even if not all of them were to his taste he decided he would see if he could go next. "Sens...Teacher is it okay if I sing in Japanese i'm not so confident to sing in English just yet?" Yori asked since if he couldn't he doubted his performance would be very good since all of his sings were in Japanese.

Sam was quite happy with the performances so far, everyone was very talented.

"very good Elizabeth!"

before he could make the, next person please speech, one of the new students caught his attention. He looked over at Yori who asked a question.

"I do not mind at all."

He jotted down some notes. It would be interesting to her some different music. He was also interested to see what kind of music the new students did.

"So, does that mean you want to go next Yori?"

He continued writing notes down.

Akako was relived to hear that the teacher did not mind songs that were sung in another language. She still waited to go since, she was still nervous. She was excited to see Yori perform, hopefully seeing him perform would calm her own nerves. She looked at him.

"Good luck!"

Yori smiled.

"Yes I want to go next if that's okay." Yori said as he picked up his guitar and stood up hearing Akako wish him good luck.

"Thank you." He said to her before walking toward onto the stage and beginning to play.

[media]

[/media]
Ah, on the nights that I think of you, in a sweetly smelling breeze,

A comforting kindness will pass through me

I could hear when you were there,

Laughter that turned into a song,

There were no elaborate words,

Time stops, and is flowing slowly

Now I have opposed and strayed from the freedom called loneliness

I know just how painful it is

If a conversation is interrupted, it's sad...

Traces of you from the time we touched save me

Ah, if you sing, it will be carried to me, wrapped in the distant wind

A comforting kindness will pass through me

When we were apart it was okay, wasn't it?

Our feelings won't fade

There isn't a disappearing reason, traces of you save me,

Ah, if I come to myself tomorrow, have the words lost meaning?

If the mistakes that added up spoke to me,

Ah, our shared dreams from thos

After the song Yori quickly made his way off stage and back to his seat before anything was said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sam was impressed with Yori's performance. He jotted down some notes. He was taking notes on each performers style. This was how he got to know the students.

"Very good Yori! it just makes me sad that I don't speak Japanese because, it sounded like a very good song."

He finished writing his notes and pointed to Akako.

"How about you go next!"

He nodded his head because she looked surprised.

"Yes you! Let's see what kind of talent you have."

Akako clapped after Yori's performance. He was really good and unlike the other students she actually undertood his song. She really liked it, she made a mental note to talk to him about doing a possible collab piece. She lmost fell out of her chair when Sam suggested that she should go next. She pointed at herself making sure he meant her. She realized he did and grabbed a cd from her binder. She walked up to the stage and smiled at Yori.

"You were really good!"

She hopped up on stage, and took the bottom half of the mic stand off and walked up to the sound system and put the cd in. Luckily Sam's band had moved most of the excess equitment to the side of the stage. She took a deep breath to calm herself, then started the performance.

[media]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSCRT7sDyWA[/media]

With the legendary black long hair disordered around and gorgeously,

blooming crazy, this flower will soon disappear fruitlessly.

[Headbang, headbang, headbang, headbang, headbang, headbang!

Ban ban ba-ban!]

Now the time has come. I no longer hesitate.

I hold tightly the discount railway tickets.

To the east, to the west, to the south, to the north,

today too I rush to the very front of the stage center.

On the left side, [Come on!] on the right side, [Come on!] standing up still, leaning back,

jumping toward the stage, [And then!] leaning over the fence, [And then!] rolling over the mob, [And then!] and then all deeply headbanging.

This special night of my fifteen, I’ll never forget.

All the crybabies, get out of here!

It’ll never come back again and it’s so short period.

I etch in my heart this special night of my fifteen.

I jump lightly and dance in the air.

Headbanger!

[[Headbang, headbang, headbang, headbang, headbang, headbang!]]

[Head, head, head, head]

All the crybabies, from here dis-ap-pear!

All that disturb us, right now get out of here!

It’ll never come back again and it’s so short period.

I etch in my heart this special night of my fifteen.

I can never come back to it again and it’s so short period.

I etch in my memory this special night of my fifteen.

I jump lightly and dance in the air.

[Headbang, headbang, headbang, headbang, headbang, headbang!

Ban ban ba-ban!]

Headbanger!!!!!

"Thank you. Good luck"Yori said just before she got up on stage. Yori enjoyed Akako performance the music he liked but more so since he could understand it more than the English singers. Once it was over Yori clapped she was great as was the music its self. He smiled and leaned back on his chair thoroughly impressed by the performance.

Ellie looked at Yori who walked down from the stage. She did not understand a single word he just sang. Then Akako performed, she also sang in japanese. Ellie sat there with her eyes wide and lips slightly parted. Not that she didn't like it, she just didn't understand a thing she sang. But then again, she was from the Uk. Don't expect her to know other languages. She crossed her arms over eachother and smiled a little out of nowhere.

Holly was lost when it came to the lyrics, but there was something about both performances that she really liked. While, she enjoyed watching everyone display their talents part of her wished that the rest of the people would just hurry up and go (she really just wanted class to be over so she could go back to the studio to dance).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back