• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom γ€€β–€ 𝐬𝐚π₯𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐒𝐨𝐧. last of us (1 role)

cwosont

Supporter
Roleplay Availability

• intro

main theme

the last of us

overview.

"T
    his is the way the world ends, not with a bang but with a whimper.” ━ T.S. Eliot

In early 2013, a mutated strand of the Cordyceps fungus appeared in a harvest of crops in South America and infected the first human with Cordyceps Brain Infection (CBI). Scientists confirmed the fungus grows while the host is still alive, with hosts undergoing two (confirmed) stages of infection. Stage one begins within two days of infection, wherein the host loses their higher brain function, rendering them hyper-aggressive and incapable of rational thought. Within two weeks, the host enters stage two of the infection, wherein the fungus begins altering their sight as a result of progressing fungal growth over the head and corruption of their visual cortex. The infection thrives in enclosed areas, especially sewers or tunnels. The infection seems unable to spread in open air areas, but should airborne spores be detected gas masks are required to prevent infection. Hosts can only be infected while alive, as the fungus is unable to infect dead bodies due to its parasitic nature, but can also be spread through bites from living hosts.

As a parasitic fungal infection, CBI spread rapidly, contaminating most of South and Central America before spreading to the U.S. In response to the outbreak and lack of action from politicians, the Federal Disaster Response Agency (FEDRA) took control of the United States Armed Forces and declared martial law, removing the bureaucrats from power. In order to contain the fungus, FEDRA had the military move all uninfected civilians into large quarantine zones within major cities. The U.S. under FEDRA became a police state, exercising absolute power over the zones which prompted the creation of the Fireflies, a militia group dedicated to defeating FEDRA, restoring the pre-outbreak government and finding a cure for the disease. By the end of 2013, over 60% of the world population had either been killed or infected and as the years passed this percentage only increased. FEDRA fought to maintain power over cities, but some fell to Infected while others were overthrown with the help of the Fireflies and other rebel groups.

For seven years after the outbreak, San Francisco remained an active Quarantine Zone. Only authorized soldiers were permitted to leave and survivors living outside of the zone were rarely granted entry. Citizens within the zone lived a harsh, strict life, but they were provided for and kept safe. As the years progressed, FEDRA's hold over the city was consistently threatened by the Firefly presence across the bay in Oakland. The two factions made numerous attempts to eradicate one another, but with limited resources neither could finish the job. It wasn't until a smaller group of Fireflies came down from Sacramento to join with Oakland that they finally had the firepower and numbers necessary. FEDRA soldiers never saw it coming. In the blink of an eye, the Quarantine Zone fell to the Fireflies. Civilians were rounded up and resources in the city were scavenged to be taken back to the Firefly base. Any remaining FEDRA soldiers were killed on sight.

Or so they thought.

intro

roles

rules

when lost in darkness,

look for the
light

genre

drama, thriller, post-apocalypse

status

accepting

spots open

1/10

question

answer

β™‘coded by uxieβ™‘

Last edited:
the cs thread is up and my own cs is posted as a reference! i'm out of town this weekend, so i wanted to post that in case there's interest while i'm away from the computer. if anyone is interested and has questions, please let me know~

This is very thought out and concise; count me interested! (I am especially eyeing that illustrated art rule).

the apps/cs are looking great so far! as a reminder, i will be out of town this weekend. i will look over everything monday evening (pt) and reach out to people then! i will still be available for questions if anyone has them.

πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€
Will deff be reading this! Cant wait till yall start posting ✨

okay, i've officially decided to look over the first set of apps/cs posted tomorrow morning! that'll be tuesday around 10am pacific or so~

okay, i've officially decided to look over the first set of apps/cs posted tomorrow morning! that'll be tuesday around 10am pacific or so~
I think I can officially say my cs is pretty much done.

Last edited:
Also finished w/ mine. Prolly gonna shave it down honestly lmao.

also a notice to everyone who hasn't already apped! i'll be closing the MACGYVER role as my mod/co-gm/whatever you wanna call it will be taking on that role~

the following roles are still available:
  • the sniper
  • the civilian
  • the tactician
  • the pacifist
  • the scientist

the following roles are still available:
  • the civilian
  • the tactician
  • the pacifist
  • the scientist

if it's not too late, i'm down to create something for the pacifist ! starved for good tlou content.

NOTICE: i will be removing THE CIVILIAN and THE PACIFIST roles in the next 24 hours if i do not receive apps or cs for them. this is in an effort to reduce the number of roles that needs to be filled and focus on finding THE TACTICIAN and THE SCIENTIST to even the fireflies out with FEDRA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back