• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Sail

Killian Jones, or as he was better known as Captain Hook, looked through his spyglass at the ship in front of him. The sea was quiet and his ship slowly made her way along. He waited a few minutes then looked again at the lettering along the ship as his lanterns hit it. The Rose.

He grinned and walked down to his crew. "We're coming to the ship. All is quiet on their deck. We need one thing on it- the daughter. She will be our leverage. No one is to harm her. Bring her directly to my quarters." His men nodded and took their stations. He had been working on his plan for months. Grab the girl, ask his demands, then wait.

He steered his ship to the starboard side. His men dropped planks of wood and walked on. "Intruders!" Someone sounded. Killian snapped his head up towards the crow's nest where the pirate was yelling his warning. He heard men coming up as his feet hit the deck. He smiled and pulled his sword out. It was time to spill some blood.

The comb made its long descent down her long dark locks as the moonlight poured in her room. Seated on the cushiony chair in front of the pale cream vanity, Erica was easily getting to the 100 strokes finish line. Out of her lips came a bitter sweet melody, vacant of words but the music was good enough. Wind seeped in through the open balcony, ruffling the curtains. Through her thin night gown the cold breeze was able to trace her spine with a shiver. “100,” was her victorious reply as she delicately let the comb down onto the vanity. Dear papa had gotten that for her from some exotic and far away land, she best not break it. It could possibly have been made by a fairy queen who died after giving her precious gift to the humans. Well, that was a little stretched out but it could be something like that

Picking up the skirts of her nightgown, since it was quite big on her, she made her way to the balcony. Her hands were on the glass doors when something caught her eye. When her delicate feet touched the icy floor of the balcony, her body turned cold. Wrapping herself with her own arms she continued towards the railing, far away there seemed to be something brewing. “Ruffians,” the words spilled through clenched teeth as she pulled back and shut the doors. Tugging on the curtains, she covered the doors as if to erase all evidence. Scurrying along to her bed she pulled ways the covers as if opening a rose, and snuggled in between the sheets. A soft sigh left her lips as she fell asleep. The night was only for the evil.

Rosemarie was sitting with her Papa in his quarters when she heard, "Intruders!" Her Papa jumped up and turned to her.

"Stay in here l, my darling," said her Papa.

"Yes, Papa," saidRosemarie obediently.

Her Papa kissed her head and grabbed his sword before leaving. Rosemarie went to crouch under his desk and stayed there quietly as she had done many times before.

Adrenaline coursed through Killian's veins as the sounds of metal on metal sounded in the night. Being the best swordsman out of his crew, he kept the others busy while one of his crew ran into the captain's quarters.

Soon he heard the shout from his ship that the task had been completed. With one swift hit to the captain with his hook, he left him unconscious. He turned and pinned a note on the door.

A captain has taken something of mine- a map. Get the map of the Cantina Island from Darkwaters if you wish to see your daughter again.

-Hook

As he and his men made their way back aboard the Jolly Roger, he thought about this precious map. It led to a treasure only talked of in legends. It had taken him three years to find it to only have it stolen from him one night after too much to drink in a tavern. A woman had very much seduced him with drinks then kisses outside. He was about to take her aboard his ship when he felt something leave his pocket and saw the woman run. He was too drunk to chase her, but he remembered the ship's name. Now, he wanted it back.

As they pulled their planks back on the ship and started to sail away, he walked into his quarters. Two of his men had her bound and gagged. He dismissed them and ran a finger along her cheek. "What a beauty." He smiled, grateful in that moment he maintained hygiene.

He grabbed a dagger from his boot and cut the ropes from her hands and mouth. "I'm Killian Jones. Others like to call me by my more colorful moniker, Hook. Welcome aboard the Jolly Roger." He filled two glasses up with rum and held one out to her. He wouldn't hurt her, but he would keep her as long as needed.

The night was calm and quiet for the crew of the Sharktooth. As her men relaxed and did some light work on deck Captain Rip had nestled deep in her cabin. Dark locks spilled over her shoulders, a sight only seen when she was alone. The small chamber was filled with only silence as she carefully studied a map before her. Black and red crosses littered the yellowish paper marking all the places the crew had plundered and their occasional battles at sea. “Been there, stole from there, those men died from scurvy and I have already been around all this damn area.” Fists collided with the table in frustration as a sigh escaped her lips. A light knock reached her ears and angrily she put on her hat and opened the door. “You okay Cap?” The gruff voice belong to her most trusted crew member Tibbs. He was the eldest sailor on the ship and had been with Angelle since she had arrived all those years ago. A small smile flickered on her lips but it was like lighting. Waving him in she lead the confused man to a chest, inside were all the riches from recent victories. “We have gold coins, jewels and a few precious objects.” She said in a tight tone. “I want to get something truly important. A treasure hailed by all those who dare sail under the pirate flag.” Tibbs stood still clearly in thought, when his eyebrows started to rise on his forehead Rip knew he had an idea. “First we go to port and get supplies. Then at night we shall raid the town and obtain a new goal.” A smirk fluttered unto soft feminine features. “I love the way you think.”

Heading back to the depths of her cabin and started preparing. Braiding her hair and pinning it up she placed a hat to conceal her face and dark brown mane. Her clothes were those of a man and slipping her sword unto her belt she emerged out of her chamber and into the moon light. The crew watched her as she made her way to the wheel. The men gathered beneath her, through the years they had learned the signs of when to listen to the captain. “Mates! I have great news.” She announced in a powerful voice and excitement rippled through the crowd. “We are headed to port. Get ready to stir some chaos!” Cheering rose from the crew, she knew how much they preferred attacking the fancy aristocrats and innocent townspeople than their own kind. Also some were excited to get to land after all this time at sea. Barking out orders and taking control of the helm, Captain Rip and the crew of the Sharktooth headed back to land.

Rosemarie rubbed her wrists and folded her arms in front of her. She lowered her head so she would not show any fear because her Papa told her "Never let the enemy see fear, my dear girl." And she knew her Papa wouldn't want her to show any fear.

"I-I don't drink sir," Rosemarie stuttered. "May I ask why you have taken me, sir?"

She hoped she hadn't spoken out of place and would be punished for it.

He shrugged and put the glass down before taking a drink of his own. He took off his jacket and boots and sat down at his desk. "Please, call me Killian. I took you so your father would do a little...task of sorts for me. Something was stolen of mine and I need it back. Why do it myself when I have leverage to not endanger my crew?"

He smiled and walked over to her. He tilted her face up and studied her. She was a beauty, but he mustn't get carried away. He filled up his washing tub with warm water, set out a towel, and clean clothes. "Wash yourself up, lass. I'll be back shortly." He strode out and onto his deck. He sat on the steps and looked out into the water. He had heard of other captains being barbaric towards their captives. Not him. If there was one thing he knew it was how to treat a lady.

Rosemarie slowly took off her clothes and got in the tub, nervous that someone might walk in. The water felt good, especially since she hadn't bathed in at least three months.

She felt a tear come out of her eye. She wanted nothing more that to go to her Papa. Run into his arms and hear him tell her it would all be all right, like he did when she was a little girl.

She was scared that she would never see her Papa again. The very idea filled her with dread. She loved him more than anything, he was her best friend.

She soon finished her bath. She got out, dried herself and put on the clothes.

Killian peeked his head in and smiled seeing her clothed. He called two members of his crew in who carried the tub and poured the water into the ocean. Killian then took her dirty clothes down to be laundered. Since she was part of his crew for the moment, she needed to always be clean and presentable.

"You need some sleep, lass. You take the bed." He pulled out a cot and set it up next to his desk. He undressed, snapped off his hook, and put his arms behind his head after he laid down.

"You're free to move about the ship as you please. The men know not to harm you. What's your name?"

"M-my name is Rosemarie Duncan," Rosemarie stuttered nervously as she went to lay down on the bed and tried to make herself comfortable. "Do you know how long it will be until I see my Papa again? Do you have any idea?

She wanted nothing more than to be with her Papa again and she hoped more than anything to open her eyes and wake up in her room. Then she would go next door, into her Papa's quarters and run into his arms. She knew, however, knew that this wasn't a dream and she wouldn't wake up from this.

"Rosemarie..." He let it linger on his lips as he said it. It was nice. Quite an elegant name for a pirate. Or the daughter of a pirate. From he could tell, he had kept his daughter naive about pirate life. That would soon change.

He flipped onto his side towards her. "You will be reunited with your father as soon as he brings me what I asked for. It could be one week or six months. It's on him." He closed his eyes and sighed. He hated waiting, but then again he liked living as well. Letting her father do the dirty work was far too delicious to pass up.

Last edited by a moderator:
The thought of being reunited with her Papa filled her with joy, but the thought of going six months without him made her want to weep. This would be the first night in her life without him. She had spent every night for the past eighteen years sleeping with her father in the room next to hers. She closed her eyes and let a tear fall out of her big, brown eye.

"I hope I'll see you again soon, Papa," she whispered in a barely audible voice.

The night carried on with a breath of tranquility as the ship slowly made its way to port. Most of the crew was sleeping and there were a few taking turns to guard and keep the ship going. The captain huddled in her cabin making preparation for their arrival and making sure everything was planned in the most efficient way possible. Studying the maps of the seas while looking towards a list of provisions written by the crew she slowly took out her pen and dipped it in ink. As her hand gently swept up and down she assigned names to objects on the list. A candle burned bright beside her. After finishing her task she put down everything and headed of to bed. Slipping unto some more comfy clothes she blew out the candle and tucked in for the night, knowing her crew would take care of the ship.

Last edited by a moderator:
~Tavian~

The Merciful Captain was wakened by cold water splashing on his face and he sat up with a jolt. His hand immediately flew to his head where he was hit and knocked unconscious currently leaving a throbbing pain. "Ugh..." for a moment he was trying to recall what had happened and the event of the battle came back to him. At the same a crew mate approached him with a note, a dagger and sorrowful eyes. He looked around at other member's expressions and they too had the same one. He started to get worried hoping that no one had died during the battle. Tavian warily stood up and snatched the paper from him reading what the captain of the other ship left him to read.

After finishing reading it he furrowed his brow and crumpled the piece of paper. "I swear... if a single scratch is on her when I get her back he will pay with his life!" With each word he said he got louder and louder. None of the crew had ever seen him this angry before so silence befell the ship until he spoke again, "We have a new heading! The nearest port to ask a few questions on the whereabouts of Darkwater's ship."

Many of the crew responded with "Aye Captain." Tavian made his way to his quarters slamming the door after entering. Anger engulfed him as he threw objects off of his desk and then slammed his fists on it. Slowly his head lowered and his cheeks became wet from a few tears falling from his eyes. He knew she was gone because he wasn't strong enough and was deeply hurt because of it.

Killian awoke just as the sun was rising. He pulled on his clothes and walked out to the deck. Many of his crew were wakening as well. He watched the cooks nod sleepily to him and walk down the stairs.

"How far are we from port?" He asked his first mate. He glanced at the map as he spoke. They had gotten away from The Rose quickly. They were far from it now.

"Two hours." He said. Killian nodded and went to steer his ship. Before long breakfast was ready. He ate quickly and brought a tray down to her. He left it on his desk and pulled a beautiful gown out of his trunk. He placed a note and a ring on top.

Change into this and put the ring on. We're almost at port. You will now act the part of the Captain's wife for your safety.

Killian

He walked back up as seagulls circled the mast. It was indeed for her protection. If anyone at the port was to ask she was taken by a captain no less. He wasn't going to give her a chance to run, either.

Rosemarie woke up. She had been tossing and turning all night and she had only just fallen asleep a few hours ago. She turned and saw the gown, the ring and the tray. She slowly got up and walked over to it. She grabbed the note and read it. She sighed deeply, but she put the ring on and slowly brushed her fingers over the fine material of the gown. She had never owned a gown so beautiful or fine before. She began putting it on before beginning to eat.

"Maybe Papa will be at port," she said softly to herself.

She hoped her Papa would be there. She longed to be reunited with him.

A maid quickly pulled away the curtains from the balcony windows and let the sunshine waltz into Erica's chamber. Pulling the covers away from her face and slowly climbing out of her bed, she barely had time to blink before she was put in a teal gown. It took a while to position all the layers right but she was finally able to send away the maids. "God, this corset hurts. Beauty is pain Erica, beauty is pain." The words were muttered to herself as she reached for the comb to settle her wild hair. Unlike most maidens, she preferred to do her hair herself but mostly because she liked to tie her hair up in stylish buns instead of towers of curls. After her hair was in a bun and a few strands of hair flowed down her face, just like she liked it. Going down for breakfast, she was told her mother and father were out. The huge dining room felt so empty and cold she dismissed the idea of breakfast.

Arming herself with a teal parasol that matched her gown she stepped out and went to walk around the port. Plenty of men from the navy, young and old greeted her. The old because of her father, the young because they were just plain men. Of course she smiled and greeted them and gave them snippets of conversation but people love talking about themselves, so she listened in. A few female friends were there with their husbands or alone, and they shared some animated chitchat as well. For a moment she stood and contemplated the sea, the luscious sea green color, the sparkle it gave of and the ships that floated peacefully. Yet with a glare she looked around, some pirates were nifty and came here disguised. The had no hook or peg leg, they just had a black soul. No matter, she shook those thoughts away as if dusting a blanket. Close your eyes and enjoy. Her eyelids fell-

Will Royal woke up to the sun, its bright morning rays having burst through the uncovered window, into the cheap dingy room he was staying in, and directly unto his face. He sat up and looked about with tired eyes; the room was mostly bare except for the presence of a shabby desk, small worn chair, and a squeaky bed, the same squeaky bed, which at present, he sat upon. Moving from the bed to the desk, Will began to finger through a pile of papers until he found the one he was looking for, the one that had his very future written upon it. He lifted it up into the light of the window and read the words out-loud to himself:

"To William Thomas Royal, on behalf of His Royal Majesties Navy, under word of law, one sailing ship is granted..." As he read it aloud he did his best intimidation of the utmost proper and polished royal spokesman's accent, stopping firmly at the word "granted," there was no need to go on from there. He laughed and grinned as he set the paper down on his bed and began to dress, his laughter was partly due to his rather comical, and accurate, mocking accent, and partly due to the sheer joy those words brought him. They were his ship, not literally of course - no man could sail upon mere words - but figuratively. And until he turned that letter in at the docks for his ship granted to him, he would treat it with as much care as if it were in fact his ship.

After Will had finished dressing he grabbed the letter off the bed, folded it up, and placed it into the breast pocket of his coat. His room was on the 4th floor of a tired and worn out looking building, the sign over the door read, 'Case De Barco'. Once outside, having traversed his way down the steep and cracked tile steps of his hotel, Will looked down the road towards the port, He was slightly uphill from there, and could see the many masts of ships both docked and sailing, over the building tops. A smile grew upon his face, bright and genuine, and he began his walk down; he whistled while he walked, remembering, one of those masts belonged to his ship - 'My ship...' - he thought.

@blink0623

Feather laid on her bed in her quarter's and sighed. She knew The Jolly Roger would soon arrive at the port. She had a, contact we'll say, aboard his ship, so she knew all about them. She flung her legs over the side of the bed and stood up. She took on her hat and her coat. She walked out onto the deck and was greeted by her first mate, Austin. He smiled at her and she grinned back. She turned away and walked off the ship. The port was bare of ships this time of the year, making it the perfect place for confrontation.

As she walked past a group of men she covered her mouth with her scarf and they looked away, not noticing her. She was well known around here and didn't want to catch attention, her mission was dire and could not fail. She strode into a bar and sat down at a table, waiting for her target to show up. She was not to harm her, but bring her target to safety, and that was just what she was going to do.. A waitress walked up to her but Feather waved her away, not wanting anything.

Killian walked into the quarters as they came to port. "You look stunning." He smiled at her. He took his jacket off and held out his arm, escorting up on the deck.

"Now, stay close to me. Act like a doting wife. If you're taken you will not be treated as well you have been aboard my ship." He looked at her sternly.

As they made their way around the town, he kept his eyes on her. For the few that asked, he introduced her as his wife. Word spread quickly that he was married. Pirates code stated a captain's wife could not be touched or approached.

As the night wound down he took into a pub. "Salutations, mates!" He called. A group looked up and smiled.

"Is this the mrs we've been hearing about?" One of them asked.

"Aye, that she is." He smiled at her and kissed her cheek. He took them to the table and a game started, "Act comfortable. Like you're enjoying yourself." He whispered

After a few rounds he handed her the dice and grinned. She would win. They were loaded. It would be impressive to the others.

@blink0623 @Mia Moulop

Feather saw as Killian entered the pub with her target. She smiled as she brought the scarf up higher, covering her nose as well. She observed them from her own table. She saw Killian give her the dice and she grinned, standing up. Feather made their way towards their table and as one of the men, part of her own crew, pulled out a chair to her, dipping his head. "Captain.." He said in respect and she nodded her head.

She turned her head to Killian and his 'wife' and grinned. "Ahoy there..." She said, hiding her eyes in the shadow of her hat, making sure he wouldn't recognize her. She rolled her eyes as she realized that he might as well have recognized her voice. She grunted and stood up, drawing her sword. She hopped onto the table and jumped down beside her target. "Hello m'lady, your father needs you..." She grabbed her and pulled her away from the table. She stormed out of the pub and yelled at the girl to follow her. "It's okay! You're safe with me... I'm bringing you to your father, Rosemarie.."

"Papa?" Rosemarie exclaimed happily.

She picked up her skirts and began running as fast as she could. The thought that she would finally be reunite with her Papa made her feel overjoyed. Even though it had only been a day, she missed him very much.

Feather smiled as the girl started catching up to the fast pirate. She slowed her pace and halted at her ship. "He's not here now... But if you trust me, come to my ship and I'll bring you to him." She reached out a hand to the girl and smiled, not showing her face. "Do you... trust me?" She raised her eyebrows. The girl would probably say no, but she knew her desire to see her father was stronger than her fear of Feather.

She then grinned to herself. Oh how much wouldn't I want to see Killian's face? She snapped her fingers, annoyed at how long it was taking the girl to decide. "Well? We don't have all night Princess.." She said, choosing a nickname for the girl. She looked like one, so why not. "That mean man with a hook, Killian Jones, he will find you, unless you come with me.."

She turned her head towards the busy streets. "Come with me, join you father. Or... Go back to that filthy and selfish pirate.. Trust me, if you choose him, you're going to regret it... Scarred for life." She shook away the memories that threatened to flash through her mind, staying focused.

Killian swore loudly and stood up, grateful he'd only drank a little. What a stupid girl! He had been so kind and gentle with her. He pulled out his sword and took off after her.

He finally caught up to her and wrapped his arm around her waist. He pulled her and shoved her into the arms of his crew who during the commotion ran to see what had angered their captain so.

"Take her to the ship." He yelled and turned back to the person who dared to cross Captain Hook. He would thoroughly enjoy killing them. He raised his sword and caught a flash of blonde hair. He pulled the scarf down and his eyes widened. "Feather?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back