• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Saga of the Seven Sins - The Second Cycle

Darian will have her Charm Telltale Symphony, which is an auditory version of All Encompassing Sorcerer Sight for 5m. Making my Per + Essence roll.

[dice]6438[/dice]

Opal attempts to resist her form's natural instinct to bat at passing strands of Fate for several minutes before giving in and shamelessly rolling onto her back to paw at the intangible prey she'll never quite catch.

[dice]6448[/dice]

Out of the corner of his eye, Viktor manages to see a few tell-tale signs of various Exalts throughout the stadium, although only one of them appears to be taking part in the tournament. Primarily, there's a particularly powerful Fire-Aspect on the far right of the stadium, Viktor estimates that she is around essence 4 or 5, there is also a silver armored gladiator in the waiting rooms of the stadium with a peculiar sword that glows like a prismatic star of essence, the Lunar knight is about equal in power to Opal essence-wise.

f7f4e5bcc7ad284ff8276cf99cfb45ff.jpg

infinity_blade_ii_key_art_render_by_american_paladin-d5yjowa.png

Opal, Darian, and Viktor however notice a certain figure almost immediately that's sitting next to the Fire-Aspect. Her skin is pale and she is dressed rather strangely, while her emerald hair deceptively indicate her to be a Wood-Aspect, but her skin and essence patterns tell her otherwise. It is clear that she is an extremely powerful supernatural being, but her essence patterns cannot be identified by any of your charms. Darian, through his unique essence-sense hears a peculiar melody in the air: Lu-Li-Lah... Lu-Li-Lah...

latest

Viktor in particular notices that she carries what appears to be a strange fire-dust weapon, which appears to hold an extremely large amount of power.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hidden in the crowd, Saif analyzes the people attending the tournament via the essence sight of his armor.

[dice]6484[/dice]

"Experienced Fire Aspect in the stands, ninety degrees right from us, halfway up the stands," Viktor murmurs to his allies. "Strong, but nothing to worry greatly about. Unknown signature next to her. And down in the stables... my word. This just became more interesting. It seems there is another player in the game. I hope you weren't too fond of your students, Renost."

From his essence sight and keen observations, He is able to discern the same information that was provided to Viktor. He also is able to take note of the different locations of Viktor and Darian. Opal, on the other hand, remains cloaked by her charms.

Shrouded by essence, Saif follows an inconspicuous cat through the roofs of the stadium, being barely more than a blur when on the move, the Night caste waits silently from a fair distance of the animal, his shape fading from view as it blends with the surroundings. It is only his voice that gives away his presence and his location. "We meet again...Opal"

Opal's blood runs cold despite the sweltering heat, and every muscle in her body tenses imperceptibly, her mind racing. They can't have seen my essence. My tell is concealed. They would have had to tail me from Renost's Manse. Jade? Sounds wrong. Must be concealing her voice. Why? One of her accomplices? Why not attack? She was within reach of Viktor the entire time and I never saw her.

She rolls in a flash to get her paws beneath her, claws extended, hissing. "Jade. The Ebon Dragon would be proud to call you his own. I'm going to make you suffer for this sleight," she growls as she transitions back to her true form, fangs bared, eyes darting between shadows, ready to lunge at the source of the voice but wary for a trap.

"Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not the 'Jade' you seek" Opal can clearly locate the location of the voice, but it's owner is seemingly nowhere to be seen. However, the voice is definitely masculine, and perhaps a little familiar. "You'll have to forgive me for the secrecy, but given the circumstances it's better if my presence remains unseen. I have to say, you've surrounded yourself with quite an interesting group of individuals"

Not trying to hide beyond what the armor provides, so at the moment Opal needs to overcome a roll of Per + Awar diff 8 to notice the blur of Saif's shape

Opal flashes through nearly three hundred years of memory in the blink of an eye, almost immediately settling on the instant a cutting remark and incisive blade stayed the hand about to tear out her heart. "Saif," she observes, cheerfully, her stance relaxing as she reclines on the rooftop, "Jade probably doesn't know we've met. If you're here to stab another Sidereal for me, Darian is right..." she trails off and grimaces. "No, that's not even amusing, never mind. If you're here to call in your debt, there are two ways this goes. Either you're with Jade, in which case your debt is waived and I'll grant you free passage out of the city and you had best hope we never meet again, or you aren't and your favour doesn't jeapordize Viktor."

"I'm not here with Jade, and I'm not here to call in any debt. I rather wish to know your purpose here and that of your companions" Saif pauses for a moment, pondering Opal's statement, particularly the mention of both Darian and Viktor's names.

Opal casts here eyes upward, idly scanning the haze rising from the hot tiles. She shrugs nonchalantly, looking at the cup that has materialized in her hands as she offers it to the empty rooftop behind her. "Okay, I trust you. Drink? Trasti Marlon has given grave insult to my bond mate, Viktor. If Viktor desires it, I will fish him out from whatever hole he crawls into to face the music. For now I believe he's toying with his prey. The Sidereals are on sabbatical, if you can believe it," Opal clearly doesn't, "and have pledged neutrality in the whole affair for some inscrutable reason. I haven't seen you in a decade, what brings you to sunny Gem?"

A moment of silence is all Opal needs to understand that the drink offer is being respectfully declined. "I'm here for the same reason you are, I seek Marlon. He has yet to play his intended role in this tournament, but it's obvious he's done enough to spike the curiosity of a fair share of powerful individuals. But being the type of man he is and given the circumstances, I doubt his intentions will be beneficial to anyone but himself"

Maxton approached Viktor's seat in the stands bearing a small sealed scroll. "I assume you are Viktor? Our mutual contacts instructed me to meet with you and offer you this." The man said extending his gauntlet covered hand. Before Viktor stood a fairly tall, solid figured man, dark of hair with a light hint of tan on his skin. His attire is fine silks adorned with intricate, yet functional, steel pauldrons, gauntlets, and boots. While appearing to be of the soldiering vocation, he is not currently armed.

I'm going to assume Essence sight pegs him for what he is based on prior rolls. For the moment though Maxton's Essence would appear to be 5, since Glory to the Most High isn't active.

Opal shrugs and happily sips the declined glass of wine, stretching and enjoying the sun on her skin. "Oh? Consider Marlon dealt with. No fate you could subject him to would rival what Viktor undoubtedly has in store for him," she replies, dismissively. "I don't particularly care what he does to rig a tournament full of mortals, but I doubt he'll enjoy the festivities today." She scans the rooftop one last time before rolling over and propping her head up with her palms, the glass vanishing, "Since you came all this way, though, what do you say we have some fun?" she winks at the haze as one hand points back down into the crowd, at the Wood Aspect, "That woman has an extraordinary fate of a nature I've never seen before. What do you make of her?"

Two guards step up to block Maxton's way, before they are waived aside; their master can see that they would be of little use were the newcomer hostile.

"I am Viktor Vlastislav Konrad Mikhailas Xavier von Drakholdt. You have the advantage of me, sir,"
Viktor says coldly with a raised eyebrow. "Just which contacts would those be, I wonder? Today is not a safe day for one of your... ilk to approach me unknown."

He snaps his fingers, and the green-armored Terrestrial to his right takes the offered scroll and opens it, scanning it briefly before handing it to Viktor.

The letter outlines the official notice of support from some Guild officials with the signatures of Keen Eyed Falcon of the West, Local Guild Factor, and Rezshin Al'Borun, a mercenary commander currently on the Despot's payroll. The man named Maxton Hearthhand has been charged to offer his services, and his unit's, for the purpose of dismantling Marlon's financial schemes as they threaten the continuity of operations for several competitors. In exchange, they expect Maxton to give an honest recounting of the means behind Trasti's operation and ensure they be unable to continue such endeavors for the foreseeable future. This note requests this evidence be destroyed upon receipt.

Maxton gives a hearty salute, slamming his fist over his heart with gusto. "Master Sergeant Maxton, reporting as ordered. I lead the Savage Tigers. Another mutual contact, Renost, gives his regrets that his duties prevent him from following through at present."

Saif glances in the direction Opal signals him to, his eyes focusing and locating the mysterious wood aspect. The minute details of her essence visible to him as he analyzes it's qualities, trying to decipher the secret that keeps her nature shrouded in mystery.

Analyzing Int/Per + Occult to see if I can find anything else about the mysterious wood aspect. Oh wow, 8 successes!

[dice]6596[/dice]

Darian tears off a small treat for her fire lizard as she idly listens to the newcomer talk with Viktor. "May I see that? I know most of the Guildsmen in this area and I can recognize their seals to tell if this letter is legit. Not that I have any reason to doubt the authenticity of this, but it is best to be certain."

"Unfortunately, I can't attest to witnessing the signatures. Security protocol for my unit is rather demanding I'm afraid."

Assuming there weren't other plans for those specific canon npcs, the notes should be genuine. This also assumes atleast one common tie between some of Viktor's spies and Maxton's backing.

It is fairly obvious to Saif's essence sight that the woman is not a wood aspect. The flares of essence all around her are a tiny bit similar to the roiling anima of a wood aspect terrestrial but it is extremely hard to notice, even given your supernatural senses as a Solar. The essence pattern is a bright emerald, but it seems to be different from your encounters from the essence of the chosen of Malfeas. It is much more... potent and refined, for a lack of a better term. You cannot get a reading on her essence level, only that it is more powerful than yours or Opal's. Interestingly enough though there is a rather strange fire-dust weapon with an almost matching essence signature on it, it is clear that the woman is intricately linked to the weapon that she wields.

Yet despite this, you cannot even begin to identify the specifics of her essence signature, it is like reading a language that has no words or meanings. Even though you are an Exalt, and a very powerful one at that, this woman, assuming that she is one, is completely and utterly foreign to you. Your search only serves to give you more questions than answers.

If Opal could see the details of Saif's face, she would able to notice his grimace of concern. After a few seconds of analysis, the Night caste turns back to Opal "Danger... her essence has a vague resemblance to those Chosen of Malfeas, yet it's not quite the same, something entirely new, more powerful than me or you, for certain. And that weapon...whatever it is, it's linked to her in a very unique way."

@Seeker of the End Assuming I observed Opal and her group for a while, does this woman's essence resembles in any way Viktor's essence?

"Fascinating, isn't it?" she grins hungrily. "Something new in Creation. Genuinely new. Something less depressing than Abyssals. Come on, let's go find out what it is," she implores, eyes shining with excitement.

"Very well" For a second Saif ponders to share a cautionary warning to Opal about this strange woman, but stops himself from doing so. With a graceful stride the Night Caste plunges into the air, confident on Opal's ability to follow, he disappears completely from view, his presence no more than a gentle breeze in the air as he moves towards the strange woman's vicinity.

Actively trying to hide this time. Oh god, that's the worst roll I've ever seen, 2 successes, hope the added +4 difficulty to spot me while moving will help.

[dice]6606[/dice]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back