• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Saga of the Seven Sins - The Second Cycle

Opal's only reply is a feral snarl of frustration as her claws deflect harmlessly off of Renost's essence hardened skin. She grasps tightly her only real prize, the gossamer thread which will briefly prevent Renost from being able to perceive her. Taking advantage of his momentary blindness she leaps to rebound off the wall behind him with blinding speed, driving her outstretched foot into the base of his neck. As they both plummet she screams in impotent fury, wrapping her tentacles around him to drive their barbs into his chest and pull him towards her while her claws attempt to drive themselves between his shoulder blades to crack his Orichalcum shell and rip him limb from limb, bloody spittle flying from between her teeth as the force of exertion nearly tears her straining muscles.

As they land in a tangled heap she continues to drive all of her limbs into the seemingly impenetrable wall of partying impenetrable limbs Renost presents, searching for any fault or fatigue as she attempts to pound him through the floor.

Tick 16 - Renost acts on Tick 21, Opal acts on Tick 20

Establishing Surprise, Dexterity 13 + Stealth 0 + 2 + 2 Successes for being Imperceptible, opposed by Renost's Wits + Awareness + 2

[dice]6038[/dice]

Haha, that failed. 5 Successes.

Attack (2 die stunt, 4 m):

Octopus and Spider Barrage (6m 1wp) for a ten attack flurry with 32 dice on each attack.

Total: 2m 1wp

TBD

Tick 20 - Renost acts on Tick 21, Opal acts on Tick 24

Attack (2 die stunt, 1 wp):

Octopus and Spider Barrage (6m 1wp) for a ten attack flurry with 32 dice on each attack.

Total: 6m

TBD

Combat Data Join Battle: 9 Speed: 4 (Unarmed)

Charms Active:

Instinctive Dexterity Unity (12m 1wp) (Scene) - 6m Discount on Dexterity Excellencies

Evading the Spider's Eye (5m 1wp) (6 Days, 3 Remaining) - Outside Fate

Claws of the Silver Moon (4m 1wp) (Scene)

Relentless Lunar Fury (1m+2x6m 1wp) (9 Actions Remaining)

• Golden Tiger Stance - Negate 3 points of DV penalties
  • Becoming Water's Envy - First use of Flowing Body Evasion each Action is free (One of the most broken Charms I've ever seen)
  • Wasp Sting Blur - Attacks have -1 Speed
  • Greedy Mosquito Bite - Attacks repeat steps 7-10
  • Subduing the Honoured Foe - Attacks always deal Bashing, cannot overflow into Lethal
  • Steadfast Yeddim Meditation - Ignore Wound Penalties

Deadly Beastman Transformation 5m+2m (Bruise Relief Method - Regenerate one Bashing per Action) - +1 Str/Dex/Sta

• Tentacles (4)
  • Toxin (Toxicity 4, Penalty -3, 5L Damage)
  • Impossible Joints
  • Elemental Adaptation: Water
  • Changing Coloration

Unarmed Attack:

Accuracy 5, Damage 9L, O(2)

Dodge DV: 16 (11+Ex + 2 Stunt)

Parry DV: 9

Soak: 10/7/5 Hardness -/-

Essence

Personal: 0/26

Peripheral: 26/59

Anima Flux: Iconic

Willpower: 6/10

Health Levels:

0 [X] -1 [X] -1 [X] -2 [9] x 18 -4 [ ] INC [ ] DY [ ] x 8

While everyone is observing the spar there is a sudden shift in the essence around them. It is too subtle to detect by normal means, but it is there. Then out of sight of the rest of the exalts a single arrow materializes unseen, burning with essence and speeding straight into Viktor's unaware back from an impossible angle.

Viktor, roll Perception + Awareness.

The blow catches him entirely off-guard and unaware. By all rights, Viktor's ambition should have been ended in that moment... it would have, had he only the powers of the fallen Yozis to guide him.

But he is The Dragon. And a Dragon's scales are not so easily pierced. What should have been instantly lethal, becomes a minor irritation, as a surge of essence hardens his skin beyond diamond or adamant, and the arrow bounces off, falling to the ground after making only a small hole in his coat.

Viktor turns, and picks up the offending projectile, studies it for a moment, and snaps it in half. "Jade. I knew that not taking the time to finish her in Chiaroscuro was a mistake. One that I'll not repeat."

"Ken'ichi, Opal, Szmiya! We have a self-righteous vigilante among us. Search and destroy."

As she senses the incoming strike Opal aborts her assault on Renost, her head snapping around to watch in horror as a lambent golden bolt of destruction strikes Viktor squarely in the back. She screams in anguish and horror, already bolting for the door before her mind has caught up with the terrifying implications. Silver fire streams from her limbs as they hang outstretched behind her, bent forward into a full tilt sprint towards whatever has dared assault her love, her anima flaring brilliantly behind her.

"Jade, when I get my claws on you your suffering will make ten thousand years ground between the layers of Malfeas sound like a fucking vacation, you miserable witch," she screams, tears already welling in her eyes, pausing only for an instant to ensure Viktor is unharmed as she streaks passed in search of her loathsome prey.

Defend Other on Viktor until she sights Harmonious Jade.

Combat Data Join Battle: 9 Speed: 4 (Unarmed)

Charms Active:

Instinctive Dexterity Unity (12m 1wp) (Scene) - 6m Discount on Dexterity Excellencies

Evading the Spider's Eye (5m 1wp) (6 Days, 3 Remaining) - Outside Fate

Claws of the Silver Moon (4m 1wp) (Scene)

Relentless Lunar Fury (1m+2x6m 1wp) (11 Actions Remaining)

• Golden Tiger Stance - Negate 3 points of DV penalties
  • Becoming Water's Envy - First use of Flowing Body Evasion each Action is free (One of the most broken Charms I've ever seen)
  • Wasp Sting Blur - Attacks have -1 Speed
  • Greedy Mosquito Bite - Attacks repeat steps 7-10
  • Subduing the Honoured Foe - Attacks always deal Bashing, cannot overflow into Lethal
  • Steadfast Yeddim Meditation - Ignore Wound Penalties

Deadly Beastman Transformation 5m+2m (Bruise Relief Method - Regenerate one Bashing per Action) - +1 Str/Dex/Sta

• Tentacles (4)
  • Toxin (Toxicity 3, Penalty -3, 5L Damage)
  • Impossible Joints
  • Elemental Adaptation: Water
  • Changing Coloration

Unarmed Attack:

Accuracy 5, Damage 9L, O(2)

Dodge DV: 16 (11+Ex + 2 Stunt)

Parry DV: 9

Soak: 10/7/5 Hardness -/-

Essence

Personal: 0/26

Peripheral: 34/59

Anima Flux: Iconic

Willpower: 7/10

Health Levels:

0 [X] -1 [X] -1 [X] -2 [9] x 18 -4 [ ] INC [ ] DY [ ] x 8

Despite the frantic searching of everyone, Jade is nowhere to be seen. She was likely never there, but yet Jade apparently managed to attack Viktor completely and utterly unseen with the use of a completely unknown charm.

Darian drops to one knee as she scans the area around her for the source of the attack. "Riku! Watch my back!" You got it, boss! She spends a few motes of precious Essence to activate several Charms as she leaps into motion.

9m on Sapphire Veil Form, 5m on Optimistic Security Practice

Personal: 22 / 18

Peripheral: 56

Familiar Link: 10 / 0

Willpower: 10

Renost sighs, "It seems like I need to have words with a few of my associates on teaching these newbies not to bait an angry Titan into mauling them... I swear, I can't leave for a single week without some foolish oversight of those self important heathens that call themselves Viziers..." Renost took a moment to realign his breathing rythm and calm down. "I just need to file for mu sabatical already, I can't continue to dwell on heavenly stupidity and stay sane."

Opal roars in frustration, frantically searching nearby rooftops in vain until her fury cools. Her tentacles unwind into long dark hair matted with sweat, her muscle density drops, her tell retreats along her skin to her upper back, her claws recede, and the silver flames sheathing her limbs die out with her rage. She immediately runs to Viktor and embraces him, crying, "Did she hurt you? As soon as my anima dies down I'll find her. Her hours are numbered," she sobs viciously into his shoulder. She collects herself and lifts her head, "I'm sorry. I'm getting blood on your coat. I think I'm doing more harm than she did," she admits ruefully. She pales and turns her head aside, covering her mouth as she shudders through a hacking cough which leaves her hand spattered in blood. "Oh, I... don't think I'm okay..." she mutters faintly as she stumbles and slumps heavily against the wall, hugging her knees to her chest as she slides to the ground. She focuses on channeling her essence to mend the internal bleeding, but everything seems unresponsive and out of alignment, and she only serves to make herself dizzy with exertion. "I can't regenerate," she whimpers, fear creeping into her voice for the first time.

Renost re-enters his prior form charm holding up the hand of chaos. "Where the energy of one harms, the energy of the other heals. If you take my hand it should begin healing the damage. You fought well by the way, I almost lost an identity to that surge of attacks." he offered with a smile.

Opal glowers up at renost, leaving his hand to hang for several seconds before gritting her teeth, wiping the blood on her tabbard, and grudgingly reaching out to clasp his proffered hand. If he was going to kill me, he would have already done it. Not that he didn't try. She tenses ss the chaotic essence courses down her arm and into her chest, but soon relaxes with a sigh of relief as it begins undoing the calcified snarls and mending the internal damage. "What would possess you to do that in a sparring match?" she snaps. "I was afraid I wouldn't be able to protect Viktor," she adds more softly as she looks away. She smiles slightly, "You are... impressively resilient. This is high praise coming from a Lunar. I would not have been so violent had I not been surprised by the pain, but I think you barely felt it." As an afterthought, she produces a small vial with a bright blue liquid and holds it out, still not looking at him, "The antidote to my venom, if you need it. Apologies."

Viktor holds Opal in his arms, and nods his thanks to Renost as she is healed. "There was nothing that anyone could have done, my dear; put all thoughts of self-blame from your mind. The coward was nowhere nearby when we saw her attack. And I am hardly so vulnerable as all that; indeed, I am almost looking forward to the look on Jade's face when she learns of my survival," he muses. "Indeed, I am quite unharmed, thanks to my transcended nature."

He does grimace a bit at the blood getting on his coat, but quickly covers it. "It... will clean off. As always, my sweet, your zeal is most appreciated," he says, stroking Opal's back.

"However... I fear this does mean that subtlety has rather been rendered moot. Captain,"
he turns to his Terrestrial minion, "make contact with Ember and her network at once. I want to know the minute Marlon Trasti shows his face, and we will intercept him before he arrives at the tournament, and get the first part of what I came for. With the Si... the staff in hand, I shall have another advantage that our foes do not anticipate. We shall have to deal with the meddlers before I can finish the rest of my business here."

Viktor turns to the two Sidereals. "I will not ask you to fight my battle for me, but I confess to a degree of curiosity as to which way you jump. You seemed prepared to join battle on our behalf; was that merely defense of your home, or do these particular Solars mean something to you as well?"

Renost chuckles as Opal offers him the antidote, "No need for the antidote, I've already stored the poison for someone else. I'm sorry if the level of force levied was jarring, but it seemed rather insulting to hold too much back." Turning to Viktor, "Officially, the Gold Faction tends to want to mentor the returned Solars. Since these Solars are willing to pick fights in this manner, my impression is they lack discipline and tact. So this may be yet another failing of my peers. Regardless, it is a shame for Solars that they have just forfeited any protection I might have been willing to afford them."

Darian ponders her response, feeling a need to be honest with the strange Exalt. "I am a killer. Those of the Chosen of Endings like to sugar coat their role as 'ending disruptions in the Loom' or some other sweet way to say the same thing. But, I don't like some Exalt with a wild hair up their arse trying to kill off something that I want to get to know more of: namely, you. You, sir, are a mystery to me, and I despise mysteries that I cannot solve." She holds out her hand for her winged friend to settle down on her shoulder once more. "Besides, its not like I have any credibility to lose with my peers in the Fivescore Fellowship. So, where do you plan on going from here?"

Viktor nods slowly. Still holding Opal, he replies to her nemesis, "I respect honesty. It is... a refreshing thing to find among the powerful, and I shall return it in kind. Where do I plan to go from here? The same place I have always planned; Jade and her friends are an obstacle in my path, but not one worth diverting for. I have told you that I want the artifact held by Trasti Marlon; that is only half of my goal here in Gem."

"As to your curiosity... well, I am not ready to give away all my secrets just yet. But you will have a chance to watch my powers in action soon enough, for Jade and her friends will strike again. They will not cease harrying me, and so they will have to die. With battle so imminent, I wouldn't dream of spoiling the surprise now,"
he says with a smirk. "But if it can possibly be arranged, I would rather fight them outside the city, for the good and simple reason that I would rather it be intact when I claim it."

"For that is the larger part of my purpose here; I mean to rule. I will go to the Despot, and he will bow before me, accepting me as his overlord, or he will die. Gem will be the first province of my new empire. An empire, if I may be so bold, which will have several important positions open."

Darian flips her hair back out of her face. "Taking the city will certainly gain you much attention from the Realm and the surrounding nations. Are you prepared to deal with that? Hmmm. Yes, I do believe that, if anyone can, you have the steel in your spine to face that challenge. Opal, for now and until we have a proper chance to clear out any past issues, I pledge to you my word that I will not act against you or Viktor unless I am attacked first. You remember me from our earlier encounters, you should remember how much I value my oath. Will you accept it, and let a truce exist between us?" She holds out a hand to the shaken Lunar.

"Yes... to be perfectly frank, I am sick to death of hiding. The Realm is a shadow of its former self, and the world is in dire need of stability and order. Order which I can provide."

He gently sets Opal down on her feet as Darian reaches out.

Opal crosses her arms as she scours Darian's face for any sign of deception. Finding nothing, she looks warily at Darian's outstretched hand and then back up at her eyes. "What could possibly possess you to pledge neutrality in a war against more than half the Five-Score Fellowship?" she demands, incredulous. "Your peers aren't going to take this lying down. There will be blood." Fuck this up somehow. If you aren't a threat to Viktor, I'm running out of reasons to hate you.

"I have not the time nor the patience to go into detail on why I am choosing to do what I am right now. Needless to say, I have fallen out of favor from the Fellowship, and I am not welcome in any capacity at the moment. Take it for what you will."

Opal bares her fangs in a hungry smile, the anger kindling in her heart once more, then freezes abruptly and glances at Viktor. Jade is more important. Hate her later. She thrusts out her hand with resignation and barely concealed anger, pointedly not looking at Darian. "Fine. Your justification rings hollow, but I suppose it's better than whatever lie you would have spun. I won't harm you, but I don't have to like you. Renost, sanctify this."

Chapter 1.2: The Blood Diamond Tournament

All of you arrive at the tournament the next day, for its very likely that Marlon will end up appearing at the tournament if for no other reason to display his wealth so openly. There are several choices open to you. If you choose you can observe the outside of the coliseum to track those who enter it, investigate the people inside, among other things. Or, if you choose, the option of participating in or sponsoring a fighter is available. You will have to avoid using your more obvious charms in order to stay under the radar.

What will you do?

Darian will play her role as a proctor of the Guild as she observes the action. As a wealthy member of the Guild, she has several seats set aside for her personal use that she offers to Viktor, Opal and the rest of his entourage. "Why not enjoy the show from the good seats?"

"The spectacle I wish to enjoy is Jade being dragged through the streets of Gem to answer for her slight," snaps Opal as she runs her fingers along the polished marble of the archway, casting her senses throughout the walls of the arena, mapping each corridor, room, and means of entrance and egress as she walks. "We share an eccentric distaste for doors and other mortal affectations," she observes dryly, "If I'm to find her anywhere, it will almost certainly be the rooftop." She leans to kiss Viktor's cheek, "Crush your enemy, sun of my soul. Enjoy it," she murmurs before vanishing into the crowd in a swirl of silk and making her way unobtrusively and unerringly to the rooftop of the coliseum. In a deserted hallway she takes the form of a black housecat and continues her ascent. She curls up on the bronze roof near the inner edge, afforded a commanding view of the inside of the arena and Darian's box below, as well as the rest of the rooftop. The Southern heat has already permeated the metal shingles and she purrs in contentment as she luxuriates in the warmth.

Eye and Fingertip Wisdom 5m - Map of the building, including contents and function of every chamber, unless magically concealed

Sunset Hibiscus 3m - Appear mundane to Essence Sight, including hiding Artefacts

Eyes of the Cat 6m - Anything which is impossible for me to perceive is Obvious to my senses

Not needing to sleep really does free up a remarkable amount of time; on this particular night, Viktor has used that time to weave a web of watchers and informants several blocks deep around the great arena. Every person on his payroll in the entire city, a surprisingly large number, are set to watch for Trasti Marlon to make his appearance and send word the second he shows.

"I will not stop you, Opal, if you truly wish to do this. But I strongly urge you to be careful, for a change, and not to engage if Jade is not alone. If Dace or Panther are with her, or worse, the full Circle, you need to come and tell me, so we can take them together. I do not want to lose you. If you will not be dissuaded... good hunting."

Viktor watches Opal shapeshift and disappear, from eyes mundane and spiritual alike. He nods to his dematerialized demons and sends them out to rendezvous with his spies the city before turning to answer Darian. "It would be my pleasure to join you. I had planned to retain a box for my own use, but this will likely be less conspicuous. Two Guild merchants together will still cause a stir... it is rather amusing to think of how far from reality their speculations are likely to be." He gestures again, and his guards follow. The mortals remain outside, but Karal Ken'Ichi, and a second Dragon-Blood, a slim, red-haired woman, follow and take their seats behind their lord.

Opal realizes that the stadium is fairly mundane. There is a chamber for the gladiators to stand by in, stands for the audience, and a VIP room at the very top. Nothing seems to concealed magically.

As Viktor and Darian make their ways to their seats everything seems to be mundane. Although the hustle and bustle in the stadium before the tournament begins is purely mundane, the Exalts may be able to see something different.

Opal and all Sidereals, Perception+Essence Rolls please. If you have Essence sight, Perception+Occult/Investigation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back