• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Saga of the Seven Sins - The Second Cycle

In a quiet voice, Darian says to Renost. "She likes to lead with her left leg, but don't aim at it; its a ruse to catch the unwary off guard. You can take her. Just be careful."

Renost looked at Darian with a quizzical expression, "I think you mistake my approach to combat. I have a knack for being more unpredictable than the opposition and making good use of it. I have no longer have need to read an opponent and their moves. Instead, I command the direction, the intensity, the very flow of battle. That is my way. It is through this, that tonight's lesson shall be taught."

"Burning but never consumed... that does sound amusing, Opal. I shall have to look into that, yes... I can think of at least one individual who deserves such a fate."

Opal looks askance at her left leg. Do I? Doesn't matter. "Surely this is a ploy to spur me to still greater heights of hubris," laughs Opal as she spins on her heel to face Darian. "You would have me believe you naive enough to think this your Master's first forms and footwork lesson, and you," she turns to Renost, "Deluded enough to believe unpredictability will avail you anything against a Chosen of the Fickle Lady?" Her grin grows wider, "In this you have succeeded. I am now certain I will best you both in time for dinner, and what a lovely start to the evening it shall be," she pronounces with delight as she turns to resume the journey, softly singing a hymn to Ahlat.

"I wasn't making a suggestion, Viktor," she chides, "Besides, he passed out after a minute or so and the flames went out before he regained his senses."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Weren't you? I found it rather intriguing nevertheless... it will bear thinking upon. As to the duel, well, my dear, I have yet to see you lose a fight."

"If that is what you want, let me spar with her first. A bit of humility is good for the soul, don't you think, my dear?" She gives an evil smile with the taunt.

"I'm so glad you've sustained your enthusiasm from earlier. I can't tell you how eager I am to get my hands on you, but I prefer to save the best for last. I'm going to thoroughly enjoy demonstrating exactly how absurd the notion of you besting me is, but Renost asked politely, and first."

"By all means, then. I can enjoy having you kneel at my feet after my fellow Sidereal takes you to school. After that, though, I will have to spank your bare bottom in front of all of these Exalts until you cry like a little girl."

"Oh, we're declaring penalties, are we? What an unexpectedly... explicit choice," she muses, eyeing Darian hungrily. Is she fantasizing about me? That is not a distraction I need right now. Concentrate on how angry she makes you, not on finding out what else she can do with those ribbons. "I hate to disappoint you, but I'm an inhuman wyld monster with the pain tolerance of a furnace rhino. You'll have to do worse than that to bring me to tears," she laughs. "What shall I have you do? I like the kneeling idea, but let's go further. When I win, you'll have to prostrate yourself before me and declare me the greatest Exalted warrior in Creation, apologize for being so insufferable to your betters, and admit you've never bested me. Yes, I think I'll quite enjoy that."

"Don't overestimate my ability to make you squeal like a little girl. But, all that aside, I will take your stakes. Its not like there is much chance of me losing to you, after all."

Renost leads the way to a high ceiling one-story longhouse built with traditional dojo architecture and aesthetics. Including the thin walls, wooden columns, railings, and floors, and some stone walkways around the exterior. Behind the structure proper is a large rock formation with a fountain springing from it's center. Those with Essence sight would see core fillings to many of the pillars made of the magical materials, namely Jade, Orichalcum and Starmetal. Those observing the falling water of the fountain under such sight would see a gateway to Yu-Shan lying beyond it's border.

"This one's rather quaint but it's what I allow my mortal students and first timers cut their teeth on, so to speak. Are you ready?"

Opal shifts back to her True Form as she steps confidently through the archway behind Renost, sending her attention inward to flood the chakras responsible for speed and flexibility with essence to impose her will upon them. She bounces lightly on her feet and shakes out her hands before bowing low, her hands clasped, and rising to settle into perfect stillness. She takes no stance, but her mien shifts palpably with the altered flows of her essence into the unmistakable aspect of a predator.

"You have the first strike. I'll evaluate how seriously to take this," she says, a small smile which does not reach her eyes playing at her lips.

[dice]5899[/dice]

Hah, I guess the dice roller heard me. Thank Luna I got that one out of the way. That's how probability works, right?

Combat Data Join Battle: 9 Speed: 5 (Unarmed)

Charms Active:

Instinctive Dexterity Unity (12m 1wp) (Scene) - 6m Discount on Dexterity Excellencies

Evading the Spider's Eye (5m 1wp) (6 Days, 3 Remaining) - Outside Fate

Dodge DV: 14 (11+Ex)

Parry DV: 9

Soak: 5/2/- Hardness -/-

Essence

Personal: 18/26 (Regained 4)

Peripheral: 59/59

Anima Flux: N/A

Willpower: 9/10

Health Levels:

0 [ ] -1 [ ] -1 [ ] -2 [ ] x 18 -4 [ ] INC [ ] DY [ ] x 8

"Quaint... I see your definition of the term very nearly matches mine," Viktor says, looking with interest at the columns and their expensive cores. "As for the stakes with Darian, I may need to object if it goes that far; Opal kneels only to one, after all," he says with a quick caress of her shoulder as she enters the ring.

"Not that I have any great expectation of it becoming necessary. Make me proud."

Darian gives Viktor a nod. "I promise not to intentionally make her my love-slave. If it happens on her own, I cannot be held responsible, since I am just that damn sexy." She gives the other Exalt a smile to show she's just joking - mostly. In one corner of the room, Darian unwraps the starmetal belt from around her waist to reveal that it is actually a very long, very flexible sword. She begins to loosen up in preparation for her sparring match with Opal, moving more like a delicate dancer instead of the fierce combatant that her bragging with Opal has suggested.

Renost bows in kind as a martial artist. Suddenly, his body would distort into a highly exaggerated caricature of normal posture. To Opal Renost would appear excessively slovenly and chaotic his posture bent in a near unnatural fashion. To Viktor, Renost would appear as a man of tall perfection, the idealized warrior and the embodiment of order. To Darian, she would see both things at once, the avatar of chaos shining in one eye, and the paragon of order in the other. "If you don't mind, it takes me a moment before I really like to get into the thick of combat." Renost would take a couple short moments, should his opponent prove to be the patient type, to enter a seemingly awkward, shiftless posture. Studious examination of his movement and posture would yield little in terms of expected method of attack. At the last moment, the being who now held chaos in one hand, order in the other, with a veil of mystery about his shoulders would glow with golden light shortly before leaping forward into what looked like a right hook, at the last moment, Renost tucked his head down bringing both heals down toward her shoulders using a front flip for momentum. On his forehead the brand of Mars glowed with a deep red sheen.

Anima Effect: +6 to L/B Soaks to Renost and the non-Combatants

Scarlet Patterned Battlefield Form: One hand deals levels of Aggrivated Damage equal to Renost's Essence, which is 6, The other heals it. Opal cannot parry Renost's attacks without a Perfect Defense and Renost gains 6(his Essence) to his Dodge DV against Opal's attacks.

Without Strategy Arrangement: For the Scene, any time Renost is attacked, a d10 is rolled. on a 7, 8, or 9 the attacker halves their successes. On a 10, Renost perfectly defends. All attacks made by Renost are also made in surprise for the duration of the scene in which this charm is used.

Orichalcum Sheathing Stance: Renost adds 14 to his L/B Soaks and 10 to L/B Hardness for the scene

Total Cost: 20m 1w

Final Soaks: 28B 28L 19A (19 is pierce-able)

Final DVs: 12PDV 15DDV

Attack Declaration: Flurry Consisting of Two Kicks (19 dice/18 dice pools respectively)
[dice]5940[/dice]

[dice]5943[/dice]

[dice]5945[/dice]

Opal yawns into an exaggerated stretch as she waits for Renost to finish readying himself, effortlessly sidestepping his first kick as if she'd been waiting for it the entire time, then slipping behind a nearby pillar to avoid the second. "You call that unpredictable?" she taunts, "This is unpredictable." From the opposite side of the pillar she drives her palm into empty space in a straight-armed strike, only to have it vanish and emerge on the far side behind Renost's head, smashing his face into the polished stone.

Assuming Renost acts on Tick 1, Opal on Tick 2. Renost acts again on Tick 6, Opal on Tick 7.

1m Wary Swall Method x2 - Negates Unexpected

2 die stunt to dodge, assuming a DV of two less than your attack pool will be sufficient to deal with an attack unaugmented with Charms. If you do hit when you roll, feel free to change the narrative appropriately when you react to my attack.

Unarmed, Pool: 12 Dex + 6 Martial Arts + 2 Accuracy + 6 Sleight of Mind + 2 Stunt = 28, Damage: 3B

Lightning Stroke Attack, 7m, Unblockable + Undodgeable.

[dice]5919[/dice]

Hits, breaches Harness but nowhere near breaching Soak. Pings.

[dice]5920[/dice]

Nope, no damage.

Combat Data Join Battle: 9 Speed: 5 (Unarmed)

Charms Active:

Instinctive Dexterity Unity (12m 1wp) (Scene) - 6m Discount on Dexterity Excellencies

Dodge DV: 16 (11+Ex + 2 Stunt)

Soak: 5/2/- Hardness -/-

Essence

Personal: 13/26 (Regained 4)

Peripheral: 59/59

Anima Flux: N/A

Willpower: 9/10

Health Levels:

0 [ ] -1 [ ] -1 [ ] -2 [ ] x 18 -4 [ ] INC [ ] DY [ ] x 8

Having missed both attacks, Renost tumbled over, taking the strike to the bottom of his foot sending him spinning backwards. Though the hit landed securely his body was no worse for wear. With the opponent's strike mitigated, Renost would continue his leap forward in a sudden recovery and to send three quick upward jabs with the hand of order, with enough force to press Opal to the wooden rafters above.

Attack Declaration: 3 Attacks, (17/16/15 dice pools)

Fateful Martial Arts Excellency+Flying Mantis Kick 6m 1w, on the first attack for 17 successes to hit

If the first attack was not perfectly defended, another 6m 1w for 16 succcesses to hit

and if the second was also not perfectly defended 6m 1w again for 15 successes to hit.

Assuming DV 15 due to action penalty, all would hit if not perfectly defended

Damage is 6 levels of Agg + 12L before bonus successes (bonus successes count twice for the first attack)

As Renost's rounds the pillar with halting stuttered footwork, Opal moves with effortless flowing grace to dance aside, only to realize far too late that her foot has come to rest on a wet rag carelessly discarded by a cleaning student who must have fled, task unfinished, when his Master strode into the hall. Bereft of friction her flight is delayed a fraction of a second, and this is all Renost needs. His first blow strikes her in the small of her back, vicious calcifying essence pouring into her abdomen and forcing all of her muscles to contract beyond their limits, halting her naturally free-flowing essence in rigid snarls which lead to explosive buildups. Her voice and muscles scream agony in concert, the brilliant silver halo of essence which erupts just before the strike her only shield. She stumbles forward and begins to turn, dazed, unable to avoid the follow up strike to her solar plexus which silences her scream and leaves her doubled over, mewling. Fear and primal instinct drives her essence powered flight from the third blow as she hurls herself backwards and out of reach of her assailant, collapsing to her knees. Blood dribbles from her lips and her torso continues to contract spasmodically as she glares balefully at Renost, anguish and betrayal - perhaps expected, but no less painful - plain upon her face as tears stream from her eyes.

Her eyes harden and her face contorts with rage, howling her fury as she flows to her feet, causing even more blood to run down her face. She shatters every barrier to free essence flow imposed by the wound in an overwhelming surge. Her muscles tense and ripple, density increasing, as massive serrated argent claws of essence erupt from her fingers and toes, her skin is covered in brilliant blue rings, and her hair coils and flows, liquefying and reshaping itself into four long tentacles tipped with wickedly barbed hooks. A brilliant silver bonfire erupts around her, the outstretched limbs of an octopus enfolding her, formed of writhing silver flame as she prepares to begin her assault.

Tick 7 - Renost acts on Tick 11, Opal on Tick 12

3m Wary Swallow Method x3 - Negates Unexpected

2m Golden Tiger Stance - Negates 6 points of DV penalties (On final attack)

3m to activate Discreet Essence Armour for +5/+5/+5 Soak

2 die stunt to dodge

Rolling (19-5)x2 = 28A damage:

[dice]5954[/dice]

Combo (All Comb-OK Simple Charms):

Claws of the Silver Moon (4m 1wp) - +2 Acc, +5L Damage, +2 Defence, O(3)

Relentless Lunar Fury (1m+2x6m 1wp) - +1 Success on all Attacks

• Golden Tiger Stance - Negate 3 points of DV penalties
  • Becoming Water's Envy - First use of Flowing Body Evasion each Action is free
  • Wasp Sting Blur - Attacks have -1 Speed
  • Greedy Mosquito Bite - Attacks repeat steps 7-10
  • Subduing the Honoured Foe - Attacks always deal Bashing, cannot overflow into Lethal
  • Steadfast Yeddim Meditation - Ignore Wound Penalties

Deadly Beastman Transformation 5m+2m (Bruise Relief Method - Regenerate one Bashing per Action) - +1 Str/Dex/Sta

• Tentacles (4)
  • Toxin (Toxicity 4, Penalty -3, 5L Damage)
  • Impossible Joints
  • Elemental Adaptation: Water
  • Changing Coloration

Total: 29m 2wp

Combat Data Join Battle: 9 Speed: 4 (Unarmed)

Charms Active:

Claws of the Silver Moon (4m 1wp) (Scene)

Relentless Lunar Fury (1m+2x6m 1wp) (12 Actions Remaining)

• Becoming Water's Envy - First use of Flowing Body Evasion each Action is free (One of the most broken Charms I've ever seen)
  • Subduing the Honoured Foe - Attacks always deal Bashing, cannot overflow into Lethal

Deadly Beastman Transformation 5m+2m (Bruise Relief Method - Regenerate one Bashing per Action) - +1 Str/Dex/Sta

• Tentacles (4)
  • Impossible Joints
  • Changing Coloration

Unarmed Attack:

Accuracy +3, Damage 9L, O(3)

Soak: 10/7/5 Hardness -/-

Essence

Personal: 0/26

Peripheral: 47/59 (Regained 4)

Anima Flux: Iconic

Willpower: 7/10

Health Levels:

0 [X] -1 [X] -1 [X] -2 [9] x 18 -4 [ ] INC [ ] DY [ ] x 8

Darian watches the sparring match with interest to see just what new tricks Opal has picked up since their last fight.

Renost leaps over Opals head running up a wooden column behind her as she transforms then pushing off the cross beam into a straight dive back down in a seemingly haphazard spiral flail of limbs. The hand of order as well as both feet come driving toward Opal's head in a hailstorm of attacks.

Flurry of seven surprise attacks pools are 16-9

Opal parts like water before the onslaught, her joints bending at impossible angles as she flows effortlessly around Renost's flying kick. Her flesh liquefies before his swiftly following strikes and vanishes, reforming instants later as his hands withdraw. She bends backwards to face him as he focuses on launching the last of his strikes, her tentacles spread wide, her blood flecked needle-like teeth on full display in a mirthless grin, her eyes an unreadable pair of yellow orbs with narrowed vertical black slits. Two of her tentacles lash out, the essence barbs curling around his ankles and pulling his feet from under him as she shifts her weight to the remaining two tentacles and flows under him, her right leg bending into her chest and snapping upward to drive its claws into the small of his back and hurl him upwards. Her left leg bends under her and propels her upwards to follow, her tentacles wrapping around the rafters above, pulling and then pushing her upwards to drive both her clawed hands into his back as she slams him into the roof. As he falls she wraps her arms around him and flips herself above, driving three of her tentacles into his face in quick succession before releasing him as the last strikes, hurling him into the floor head first. As he rebounds, she pushes off the rafters with all four tentacles to drive her left leg into his stomach and plummet him once again into the floor before pushing herself back into the air - all of this transpiring in the blink of a mortal eye.

Tick 12 - Renost acts on Tick 16, Opal also acts on Tick 16

2 die stunt for Dodge, regaining 1 wp.

7m Wary Swallow Method to negate Surprise for all 7. Each has a dice pool of less than or equal to my DV as I negate the first three points of Onslaught.

Attack:

Octopus and Spider Barrage (6m 1wp) for a ten attack flurry with 29 dice on each attack. Thankfully I don't have the Charm that doubles Onslaught penalties. You'd be fine if you were in Mantis Form, but as it stands this will probably hurt. I'll wait for you to declare and stunt your defence before rolling.

Total: 13m

Combat Data Join Battle: 9 Speed: 4 (Unarmed)

Charms Active:

Claws of the Silver Moon (4m 1wp) (Scene)

Relentless Lunar Fury (1m+2x6m 1wp) (11 Actions Remaining)

• Becoming Water's Envy - First use of Flowing Body Evasion each Action is free (One of the most broken Charms I've ever seen)

• Tentacles (4)
  • Impossible Joints
  • Changing Coloration

Unarmed Attack:

Accuracy +3, Damage 9L, O(3)

Soak: 10/7/5 Hardness -/-

Essence

Personal: 0/26

Peripheral: 34/59

Anima Flux: Iconic

Willpower: 7/10

Health Levels:

0 [X] -1 [X] -1 [X] -2 [9] x 18 -4 [ ] INC [ ] DY [ ] x 8

Viktor grins to see Opal going for blood; she so frequently plays the spy or seductress, and it's always a treat to watch her when she reveals what a monstrosity she can become. It reminds him that their souls truly are kin.

"Exquisite, isn't she?"

"Freaky girl's all yours, boss," one of Viktor's mortal guards mutters under her breath.

At the first sign of attack, Renost lunges forward raising his arm to wrap around the tentacle flying toward him. In an oddly liquid motion his body would flow up the edge of the limb as he attempted to establish a firm grapple hold from behind. As the opponent continued to struggle, some of the strands of the loom attached to him began to snap in an audible pop.

[dice]5995[/dice]

against the first attack Activating Grasping Mantis defense and Fateful Martial Arts Excellency (9m 1w), I am at 21 successes to oppose your attack successes. Unless Opal gets 43 attack successes she is in locked in a hold.

Let me know if we need to resolve the remaining attacks

Renost's hands find no purchase - as he flows up the arm, the flesh flows around his hands and leaves him grasping air.

Invoking Flowing Body Evasion if I even manage to hit for it to trigger. 3 attacks effectively negated by having their successes halved, rolling 7 attacks against your full DV of 17.

[dice]6000[/dice]

[dice]6007[/dice]

To steal perception (Negate with Duck Fate as you like):

[dice]6010[/dice]

[dice]6001[/dice]

[dice]6027[/dice]

[dice]6008[/dice]

[dice]6002[/dice]

[dice]6028[/dice]

[dice]6009[/dice]

[dice]6003[/dice]

[dice]6004[/dice]

[dice]6005[/dice]

[dice]6035[/dice]

[dice]6006[/dice]

Three hits. I'm not actually spending Willpower, that's just the free success from Relentless Lunar Fury.

All told, a whopping 6 Bashing (I fucked up. 4 Bashing. I only have O(2)). Definitely didn't incap you in one go.

Actually it's two bashing over two attacks, delivering four doses of poison with the following profile: 5L (Now Bashing because Lunars) Toxicity 3, -/-, Penalty -3. Before you ask, no, you can't give it back to me, and yes, I am immune to my own poison.

Renost raises both hands in position perpendicular to his wrists as he leaps backward. Landing up on one of the cross beams between the columns, Renost balanced on one leg as the glowing energies of the room faded to different colors with a noticeable dimness around his hands, "So that's how it's going be then? I can work with that."

Activating Mantis Form 6m

Users who are viewing this thread

Back