• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢSTRANGE. (closed)

Yea, I've noticed that- I guess people have been busy with summer and life and all that good stuff, but I just wanted to throw something out there, check to see if the RP's still alive and well ;p.

Well... With Havoc and Felix gone, the event just kinda... flattened. I have the info, but with Felix asking me to wait on it...

I guess the rp is on a pause?

If you think it might be better to pick up the rp again when I can collect more people, I think I might do that.

Hm, pausing things might be the best option as you've suggested. I just hope it doesn't stagnate and that people do eventually come back.

I'm still here. Honestly. I'm pretty peeved that I haven't started working in the floral department yet. BUT! Progress has been made. = 3= Least I can start filling up forms... in two days.

I'm thinking once I move, I want to revamp somethingSTRANGE a little bit. I've got a few ideas to make it almost like a tv series. xD

Ooh, ideas, possible revamp? Please do tell ;p Unless you want to keep it secret or a surprise until people return and we get this moving again.

Its not really a secret, so I don't mind. xD

I do want to outline a broad and linear story, cast of roles people can fill, and some major and minor events that can/will happen. I think it would help people get an idea of what to make, what we're looking for, and what to do.

I'd like to have "episodes", which are different story arcs that we're trying to reach an end goal in each one. This way each segment before a time skip (or transition into next event) can be full of options for people to follow instead of people trying to figure out what to do and get stuck somewhere.

Cast will be organized by occupation. That way we don't have a flood of police officers and no townspeople, y'know? xD So I'm going to be giving a list of possible cast members people can choose from and will be making icons for people, like I am in Diligence, just probably bigger and prettier. Everyone's characters here would be able to use their same character in the revamp, so there's no need to change them if they don't want to, It'll also help regulate characters and make each person just as important as the next. Each will have their own storyline they're trying to progress, but have to interconnect with others in order to progress.

I'm going to clarify more information as well. I kept it pretty simple as a test to see how people would take to it. I think if I gave a little more detail, it would be easier for people. That also means new layout and possible new graphics. It helps even more now that I have my photoshop. =w= Also, I am going to highlight the darker and mysterious points of the rp. I was juggling the lightheartedness with the dark theme, but I feel like more people are interested in the darker theme from what I've gathered.

Hm, that sounds rather promising from what I'm hearing- I'd have to agree that, as previously mentioned, things have leaned towards the lighter side so far. Which is fine for an introductory section, and a balance is needed, but I feel the juicier bits will come when exploring the 'stranger' elements. As well, having story arcs would be cool in that we'd have a more concentrated end goal and would help keep things organized and flowing. I know this is your thought child, so I don't wish to intrude, but if there's anything I can do to help, let me know, yea?

Also, more lovely graphics sound wonderful ;) .

This roleplay was an experiment to see how RPN community would take. Technically, this was my second rp on RPN, but helped me figure out a lot of things that people do and don't like. Even though things happened and it turned into a slow drawl, I'm rather pleased that I got to meet some great rpers and gather some interesting information.

I'd actually love your help and I can PM you about it. =w= b

Yeeeah sorry if I sort of disappeared here. (It doesn't help that Alerts can be pretty out of whack sometimes)

Over the past several weeks I've been pretty much occupied by a string of out-of-town trips along with funeral gatherings.

Just popped here to say that I'm still on board with this thread, which by the looks of things is going to get reworked.

As long as it still accepts losers like Chas I'm aight.

@CTF, notifications are a little wonky at times. DX

Yep! Chas would still be accepted.

And he's not a loser! 8U

He's a weeeener!

@Yuuki of the Strata

You don't know that! 8V

As for the thread's direction and approach, I feel like the combination of lighthearted and dark is what establishes the rather quirky,

yet charming atmosphere of the setting; all the while surrounded by an air of mystery that can keep one intrigued.

-flops over- Finally.. tomorrow I get to figure out what kind of schedule I'm going to have. From the looks of things, I came at the best and worst time at this job. x-x

[QUOTE="infamous H4V0C]-flops over- Finally.. tomorrow I get to figure out what kind of schedule I'm going to have. From the looks of things, I came at the best and worst time at this job. x-x

[/QUOTE]
*Flops down nearby*

Welcome back ;p

What's up with the job woes? Are you at least getting to do stuff with flowers now?

I am doing things with the flowers. And heavy lifting. x -x A lot of heavy lifting.

As I'm getting hired on, four ladies are leaving.... leaving me and the department manager the only ones left in the department. x -x;;;

@clarinetti

tumblr_nqredsasnv1sqf0kmo2_250.gif

"I am a loser." Chas Banedict (2015)

CTF said:

@infamous H4V0C Well, that could be possibly concerning, if it's only two people running it- is it a big/ busy department? If nothing else, you're doing things with flowers, in addition to getting your daily weight training

;) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back