• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern S O L A R I S [ooc]

l e o

retrophile

solaris
Hello and welcome to SOLARIS. This is a safe haven for people like you. People who were gifted with extraordinary powers. People who are kept down here in our underground labs for a reason. You may not know much of the outside world because you were taken as a young child, but that is not a place you want to be seeing at this time. Earth is now a barren land and solar flares have made it impossible to stay out there to survive. Human kind has been eradicated and you, along with whatever scientists live underground, are all that's left of the world. You were given powers in order to try and rehabilitate Earth eventually. But the time for that is not now. Before we get to it, we must first go through with many other procedures.

And it begins with you finding out who your Soul Guardian is.

premise
You have never known much life outside the labs. When you were seven-nine, you were part of a mandatory testing that allowed scientists to see if your body would cope with certain experiments they had in mind that could hopefully keep the world alive after the solar flare wiped out the existence of everyone else. You proved to be good candidates during your tests and so, you were taken underground, never to see your family again.

The scientists worked with various astronauts in order to make this experimentation, known as SOLARIS, a success. Astronauts were sent into space to collect essences of the various planets and also of various other space elements, and a child was injected with one of these essences, making each child unique. After a couple of years, their powers started to show as a result of the experimentation. Some have more than others. Some are more powerful than others. But all are the only hope for mankind to exist further in the future.

Around the time you turned twelve-fourteen was when the flare hit. All the camera footage from above was destroyed in the process and nobody has been out of the labs since. Not that you need to. Everything you could want is provided for you underground.

Soon, all of you will be over twenty-four. And that is when you will be allowed to leave the labs and see what the world is like above. But before all that, there are many other things to go through. For example finding out who your Soul Guardian is. And finally putting a face to the mysterious voice of the person that controls all these experiments. A voice you only hear through speakers.
rules
☼ No mary/gary sues i.e; no perfect characters

☼ try to bring in some diversity because people would be brought around from all over the world

☼ this is a first come first serve, however it also depends on your ability to write. I don't require a large number of detailed paragraphs. I just want good sentence structure. So, when you are applying, please give me a sample paragraph of you writing, in character of the role you want to play. Do it like this:

ROLE / GENDER / AGE / FACECLAIM
SAMPLE

☼ I require that each person applying take two roles, a male and female, to keep genders even. I don't want a huge group of people.

☼ You may not take two Class A roles or two Class B roles. You have to take one from each and keep genders in that as well even. I can ask you to change if I feel like there is more of one gender in one class.

☼ I am GM and what I say goes. I am looking for a co GM so let me know if yu are interested.

☼ Please please please be dedicated. I really want to get this going so only join if you can commit.

☼ You have to respond a minimum of once a week.

☼ This is semi literate-detailed so a minimum of two-three paragraphs per character response is required.

☼ Real face claims only please. No drawings or anime pictures.

☼ If you do not have your character sheet 3 days from applying for the role, I will open it up for somebody else to take.

☼ Please tag anyone you think might be interested.

☼ Please be friendly and keep all drama to the roleplay.

lore
THE MASTER
The Master is the voice you hear all around you when an announcement is made. You never see her face, you never meet her in person. You only hear her through the speakers as she dictates what is to happen at any time of the day.

SOUL GUARDIANS
Your Soul Guardian is someone that is bound to you. This was done during experimentation when you were still children. Pairs were chosen by The Master and she injected the pairs with different serums each. Now, at this point of time, your Soul Tattoos will appear, wherever they are on your body. Whoever has the same tattoo as you is your Soul Guardian. This is not something that dictates who you spend the rest of your life with. No, this is something that will help you when you get out into the real world. You are each others guardians. You train together and you watch each other's backs. You form a close bond that determines whether you live or die.

THE LABS
The labs are were you live. There are separate rooms for everyone and you are allowed access to various places using an electronic wristband. Just swipe it against the sensors and doors in hallways, doors to rooms and doors to various places open. Scientists and experiments have different wristbands though so not all places are accessible to you as they are to the scientists.

THE PIT
The place for recreational time. You have shops, restaurants, games, theatres. Whatever you can think of doing on your day off. You use your wristband to pay for food and games and movie tickets. Everyone gets a certain amount of units to spend each day but if you volunteer to take up a job manning one of these stations, you get extra units as a salary of sorts.

SCHEDULE
Every day, you have two hours of experimentation and two hours of physical training. Experimentation is before lunch and training is after. The rest of the time is to yourselves, however curfew is eleven at night. Your room doors will be locked at exactly eleven and will not be accessible till seven the next morning.

CLASSES
There are two classes: Class A and Class B. Everyone trains together however Class A experiments are more powerful and have three powers while Class B experiments are more in control and have two powers.
roles
CLASS A

#1 || h e l i o s || Essence of The Sun [ F / taken by Noivian Noivian ]
Powers: Thermal Manipulation || Light Manipulation || Fire manipulation

#2 || l u n a || Essence of The Moon [ M / taken by princxss princxss ]
Powers: Lunar Empowerment || Sense Manipulation || Gravity Manipulation

#3 || a s t r a l || Essence of The Stars [ F / taken by l e o l e o ]
Powers: Dream Walking || Illusion Inducement || Telekinesis

#4 || c a v u m || Essence of The Black Hole [ M / taken by @Xey ]
Powers: Darkness Manipulation || Shadow Travel || Invisibility

#5 || e t i a m || Essence of The Asteroid [ M / taken by Little Lozy Little Lozy ]
Powers: Super Speed || Clairvoyance || Precognition

#6 || g a e a || Essence of Earth [F / taken by I Interstellar ]
Powers: Plant manipulation || Regenerative Healing || Teleportation

CLASS B

#7 || e u r o p a || Essence of Jupiter [ M / taken by l e o l e o ]
Powers: Electricity Manipulation || Emotion Manipulation

#8 || t r i t o n || Essence of Neptune [ M / taken by Noivian Noivian ]
Powers: Water Manipulation || Tremor Inducement

#9 || d e i m o s || Essence of Mars [ F / taken by Little Lozy Little Lozy ]
Powers: Super Strength || Pain Inducement

#10 || c u p i d || Essence of Venus [ F / taken by princxss princxss ]
Powers: Charmspeak || Siren Song

#11 || k r o n o s || Essence of Saturn [ M / taken by I Interstellar ]
Powers: Air Manipulation || Paralysis Inducement

#12 || h e r m e s || Essence of Mercury [ F / taken by @Xey ]
Powers: Flight || Telepathy

OOC || INTEREST CHECK || SIGN UPS || ROLEPLAY

coded by leo

Last edited:
Is it okay if I don't have any coding? I'm trying request some from someone. I have no idea when it comes to that stuff. Other than the characters themselves are nearly complete.
Coding isn't necessary at all, just the character sheet is.

Both CS are 90% complete, however I will not be able to finish them tonight, sorry. I can post up what I already have and complete them by tomorrow afternoon, but I am in desperate need of sleep.
Can I do it tomorrow and have it done by tomorrow night? It's late and my brain can't focus...
Yep, that' fine but please try to get it ready soon and the same applies to everyone else that hasn't yet finished their characters!

hey, i am SO sorry for the late update (--ive been swamped), but both of my characters are completed. fair warning, i tried to complete them relatively quickly just now: there will be errors are it will not be very detailed. I PROMISE MY WRITING SKILLS ARE BETTER.

the excuses just keep rolling in sorry! ;;

what is the technology like?
It's just scientist down here, but do they have families or are the expirments the youngest people around without any peers?

what is the technology like?
It's just scientist down here, but do they have families or are the expirments the youngest people around without any peers?
They're the only ones there besides a couple of guards, the scientusts, and the master. They were taken from they're families.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back