Anime & Manga RWBY Volume 4 -Expect Spoilers if you haven't watched all of Vol 4-

Nothing really. Basically the ship intensifies with all the sun and Neptune moments during the SSSN round of the vytal festival.

Lol.

That really isn't ship worthy though :P.

In a more realistic sense, they have more romantic interactions with blake and Wheis respectively. Even if we clearly don't agree with it >_>.

Also speaking of her, can we just talk a moment about her crazy her dad is? God.

Lol.

That really isn't ship worthy though :P.

In a more realistic sense, they have more romantic interactions with blake and Wheis respectively. Even if we clearly don't agree with it >_>.

Also speaking of her, can we just talk a moment about her crazy her dad is? God.
>-> Bruh. I thought he was going to be one of those strict and overprotective dads that still loves her...but he was actually just a gigantic jerk. I mean, even the brother wasn't as terrible.

I had a pretty strong feeling they were going to write Jacques like that to begin with, what with the "evil rich abusive dad" archetype. If there's a tsundere heiress daughter whose only real support is an older sister that's already left the family, it's definitely going to be a family that's worth leaving in the first place. Winter left, Weiss went to Beacon instead of Atlas, etc. It all indirectly pointed toward the home not being a safe place to live in. Just them being from the biggest, most prominent company in the world and Weiss being listed as 'heiress' gave me the warning bells about what a shitty family she's from (other than her attitude lmao), because I know just how common that "rich abusive dad" trope is.

I've used it before lmao.

I'd wager that Whitley's only "better" and not shat on all the time because a) he's the only kid around anymore, b) he's ready to kiss ass if it'll give him power (and he knows exactly how to game the system/his father for personal gain, and c) he's a son. Jacques may have offered inheritance to his daughters, but that was contingent on them doing what he wanted in the first place, and they both left.

Either way, Whitley knows well enough just what buttons to push and which knobs to pull to get things from his father and I would not doubt if he didn't already have his own network of informants, including those he might sell his own family out to. (Most of this is speculation on my part, as a note.)

So yeah, I'd say that although Jacques is a stereotypical pile of crap, Whitley's 1,000% worse, whether it's intentionally spun that way in the writing or not. He's already written as a more two-faced, nefarious type in comparison to his father, who knows how to game politics and business, but will just openly exert his power rather than using more insidious means to do so. I'd think someone with multiple cards up their sleeve that no one knows about would be far more dangerous than someone who, with a number of years under his belt, would be predictable by that point.

They're both terrible, but Whitley's the only one written as a threat. Jacques is just the abusive dad that his family escaped from; Whitley's going to be the son that inherits his power (by stabbing him in the back lol) and makes deals with the enemy for his own gain if he hasn't already. Things like that.

I wouldn't doubt if the "written that way" was a way to not only showcase character dynamics and development, but to show one character and use that as a means to keep other characters in the background. It's harder to focus on what a shitlord Whitley or someone else might be if Weiss is getting beaten by her father (who then gets hated by the audience—their antipathy gets placed on him). And I'm sure that, in-world, that sort of thing would suit Whitley just fine anyway: if Father is distracted, he has more time than he already has to do whatever he likes.

ANYWAY.
tfw you've been playing "villains" too long

Overall opinion: was decent, not as good as the other volumes tho

What I hated: idk if I hated anything really, I disliked how slow,the pacing was a bit...?

What I found boring: See above

Things I just knew were gonna happen and they happened: Weiss' father being an abusive scumbag, saw that a mile away

Surprising moments: Blake getting rid of her ribbon. Yang sulking. (I thought she'd get over it quickly, but the show did good on it)

I do feel this volume was a lot less exciting and ....rwby feeling than the others, the pacing was also very slow for a whole,volume. Like. Ruby and team rnjr did things. But Weiss was holed up in a house almost the whole volume. Yang Put on an Arm. Blake sulked at home. Then ruby and the gang took ages and episodes upon episodes to get to the place but yang made it there in like ...not even one. I feel like it's a good comparison to how this whole seasons speed was, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back