RWBY: The Next Class

Ruka had been ignored all day by the other students.They all knew they were going to form teams,but they judged her on appearance alone,thinking she was nothing but a kid.The only person who actually spoke to her was Colt,and that was because she almost bumped into him.After gazing at the fullmoon for an hour,she went back to her sleeping back and started rearranging her viles and crystals of dust,"Hmmmm...Which ones will I use tomorrow.I will defiantly use white...Will I need ice or fire.Well...Using them with wires,is a very effective trap,but I don't know which ones will be the most useful....."Ruka groaned as she struggled with the inner battle between herself.It would help if she had a friend to help her choose.The young woman sat in front of a few suitcases with her clothes and dust,her umbrella resting at her knee.Ruka had placed herself right next to the window,so that the moonlight tracing it's way over the small particles of dust.

(Okay everyone the new teams are almost decided, the sleepover scene will end on Monday morning and then we should be able to start the Emerald forest test. If you have any questions plz let me know)

Beacon Academy. The view from the topmost tower that oversaw the whole campus and further than that was breathtaking, the wind billowing past the school's flag scattering the feathers of the flock of crows that fluttered past the side of the tower. In the peace of the night, where no creature or man would step out into without the guidance of light, in the invitingly cold darkness that would chill even the bones of the most hardened man, in the single beam of the overwatching moon that hung on an invisible thread in the sky....

"Only one crow dares take flight in the shroud of invisibility! Here I am, the Great Thief....Yatagarasu!" A cry rose through the night sky. A trembling hand grabbed onto the edge of the tower, and with an energetic pull, sent a figure, her scarf flying behind her in the breeze, up onto the roof. Her silhouette cast upon those who would look up at the moon then, Atsuhiro Madaraki folded her arms and looked into the depth of the horizon, which was now swallowed by the harsh lack of light. Her hand shot out, and slowly rested on her brow, the fingers shading her eyes from the light of the moon, and she peered out into the distance. She scanned the darkness once and crouched down, perching by the edge. Her eyes fell on the windows that led to the dormitories of the Beacon students. One window in particular, its curtains shifting slightly in the wind, was slightly ajar. The mattress in the moonlight was filled...with a bag and some clothings, made to replicate a human form, the covers thrown over them to complete the illusion. Sleep? The Great Thief must be ever ready to purloin the precious paraphernalia of the personages of the people as well as bring justice to light!

The Yatagarasu Mk. 2's scarf fluttered in the wind, almost resembling the opening of the wings of the three legged crow itself in both sound and before the Great Thief leapt off the edge, and the shadows swallowed up her form.

Colt stood there wondering why these people are gathering up in a group around the Tv? Was there somthing amazing on? He quirks his eyebrow taking a small deep breath as he looks to the group, "Excuse me I'll be right back." He turns as he walks up behind the small group of people he didnt have to stand taller since he was already tall. All the people seemed to be gasping what for? Watching the tv.

Mm I want to talk to them but i'm not sure how Diana thought to herself. Normally she was very friendly and outgoing but for some odd reason she kept her head down Letting her light aqua-blue hair cover her pale face, which even in darkness gave a brilliant shine. Then she began to hear something, she didn't know what IT was so she began to investigate. She began to walk around until she noticed everyone crowded around the T.V. She tried to squeeze In and try to see what was with the T.V.......

Ruka noticed people crowding around the T.V. and decided to watch it along with them.Everybody was so packed in so the only left was for her to go up.Ruke noticed the guy she was talking to before,and also noticed how he was towering over everyone else,"I'm sorry for this...."Ruka apologized to him as she scaled his body in one jump.Landing with her legs placed on his shoulders,making it appear like a father with his child.

"A secret group of thieves have emptied a dust factory and store once more.All of the workers were found dead,while they left no finger prints,foot prints,or even shoe prints.It's like they never touched the ground,or was even there."

The T.V. screen was broke,but sound could still be heard coming from it,by two daggers,which retracted back to the small appearing girl.Ruka's bangs were obscuring her face,which only held a deathly glare,"No Trace..."Ruka growled as she turned and walked back to her sleeping bag.The T.V. near broke,released small sparks as the screen's image flicked and flickered,with sound expelling from it..

Last edited by a moderator:
"And her athletic skills give her the right to treat you like this? She's poison." He looked at Sabrina's group once more,and saw a group gathering around a television,with the cowboy now approaching it himself. With a raised eyebrow,Arnold said, "Now,I wonder what's going on there...?" He looked back at Jeremiah,and said, "I'll be back with your things." He turned and strode to the crowd,the top half of his green plaid houserobe flowing behind him like some ceremonial garment,his shoulder welts seeming to glow angrily. They stung,but only if pressure was applied.

Approaching the crowd,he quickly found Jeremiah's duffel bag. It even still had his nametag on it. He zipped it up,picked it up,and walked to the crowd,intent to give Sabrina a small piece of his mind. He couldn't find her,however,but he did catch what got everyone so interested: A news report was relaying that a coordinated assault occurred on a Dust refinery and an outlet store,all Dust missing,all employees dead,with no other traces. He quickly stopped in his place with an utterance of foul language,and stuck his arm out so he could cut through the crowd.

With the help of his Aura,he pushed through the crowd. Points of blue light appeared where his hand fell,and,with a gentle push,people were impelled a disproportionate distance,so his shoulders and cargo would have enough room to pass. "Sorry,but I would like to see what's going on." The last person he pushed aside had a pair of platinum pigtails. Sabrina,the Queen B**** of the Universe herself. "We'll talk at length tomorrow. Now,what's this about the Dust refinery and Dust shop assaults?"

Prism smiled happily at Jeremiah as he accepted her offer for a night shirt. "Awesome! I'll be right back!" She skipped away, over to where she was sleeping, close to one of the windows and the bathrooms. After a few moments of shuffling through her belongings, she finally found the cute little pug with a mustache shirt was looking for and skipped her happy butt back over to where Jeremiah still was but, Arnold was walking away from.

"Where ya going A-" She called, not very loudly, and trailed off when she looked past him to where he was heading. There was a small group of students crowding around a TV.

Prism looked back at Jeremiah and held out the T-shirt for him. "What do you think is happening on over there?" She asked, tilting her head to the side. "Well, I'll go see and be right back, in the mean time you just put this on and refrain from doing any more jumping jacks." She said as her eyes darted back down below his waist and quickly returned back to his eyes, her face flushed. She cleared her throat awkwardly before stiffly turning and walking towards the TV.

When she arrived to the back of the small crowd, she was too late. Whatever they were watching was over and now the crowd was dispersing. She found Arnold at the front, closest to the screen. "What was it?" She asked, frowning at the fact she was too late too see for herself.

Peaceful dreams, and a bit of snoring was all that Jorg was involved in for the entire trip, though on arrival, he was awoken with a start by an explosion. Said explosion rocked the entire airship, and almost as quickly as the youngest Quigley found his feet, he'd nearly lost them. Though he'd forgotten amidst contented imaginings, the Signal graduate had found himself a seat near the back on boarding, far out of the way of other students.

Taking in his surroundings, Jorg was about to talk to himself when the Holy Roller, his own weapon, slipped off of its resting place beside him, dropping the considerable weight directly onto his foot, eliciting an interesting combination of gasp, yelp, hiss, and groan.

"I wish you had an allowance I could cut," he mused, grinning through the dull ache in his toes. Whatever had caused the explosion, Jorg assumed it would be the disembarking call for anyone on board, whether they'd arrived or not, though conveniently enough, they had.

Already the airship was empty, or at least Jorg didn't see anyone, they'd all gathered up their luggage, and were on their way to the main hall. Apparently tonight, all of the students would be sleeping in one large room, which didn't sound particularly wise from Jorg's standpoint.

Considerably behind the other students, the Quigley boy made his way to the cargo hold, where the crew seemed to be starting break early, though it wasn't much trouble, there were only a couple of bags left by now, both of them his, and strangely enough, half-buried in packing peanuts next to a busted up wooden crate.

Rather than ask questions, Jorg nodded a friendly hello to the workers over their card game, though it went unnoticed, and afterward he hauled his possessions along to the main hall, duffels of clothes and the like, and the Holy Roller, his heavy metal monstrosity of a weapon, an eight foot tall steel crucifix nearly six feet across at the arms. While Jorg's greeting had gone unnoticed, it wasn't that he was ignored, it was the sheer size of him, and his weapon, that had stunned the workers into silence, though he really hadn't thought of it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apparently the ginger giant hadn't arrived too late for the opening speech, in fact he strode in just moments before it began, as brief as it was. Now came the fun part, mingling and bedding down for the night, oh joyous day how wonderful this would be. It seemed that once Ozpin had stepped down from the stage and the other freshmen turned around, Jorg had become a focal point, people parting like ants around a stone, though with an awful lot more gawking, pointing, and hushed comments. So long spent at Signal it seemed had pampered Jorg, he'd almost forgotten the natural intimidation factor he may set, scarred hands and knuckles, and a weapon even larger than he was. Joyous day indeed.

For the most part Jorg was ignored, or at least pointedly avoided, though by the time he'd set all his things away, off to one side of the hall, he decided it would be best to at least try to interact with the others, who knew, maybe he could beat that first impression? It was definitely best that he wear a shirt with the striped pyjama pants he'd already changed into, perhaps lacking visible burn and laceration scars would improve his odds a little, and so a plain black shirt went on over the chest he'd left bare at first.

Walking around calmly, trying not to seem intimidating, Jorg hunched a bit to meet the eyes of one group after another, friendly hello greeted by cold shoulders and silence, though it didn't deter him, no matter how many people got angry, there was bound to be at least one person that would listen.

Apparently a news broadcast had garnered quite a bit of attention, so of course like anyone with absolutely nothing better to do may do, he approached to investigate, apparently just a little bit too late. Nevertheless, the Quigley tried to ask the rapidly dispersing crowd what had transpired, most just breaking away, returning to their already formed little cliques.

Turning about abruptly, looking for another person that had witnessed the broadcast, Jorg almost leveled a silver-haired girl in men's pyjamas, stopping his slab of an arm just before it connected with her head, which certainly wouldn't have made him any friends.

"Oh, I'm sorry about that," Jorg hurriedly said, trying to pick up the pieces that may still make a positive first impression.

"I didn't see you there miss?" he asked a little expectantly, giving a brief pause before he recognized her.

"Miss Lafluore, my apologies!" the giant went on, seeming almost cowed in this champion's presence, head dipping repeatedly in a sort of nervous bow.

"I didn't expect to be sharing a class with someone of your..." he paused again, searching for a proper word, not that he had anything negative to say, he'd just lost his way in the sentence.

"Someone of your position!" he exclaimed softly, minutely proud for not making a complete fool of himself, showing in a small grin.

The difference in size between the two was plainly visible, though the difference between Jorg and just about anyone else looked about the same. If he was going to make any friend, a famous one would certainly outshine the stories his brothers had told about their first days to say the least.

Den Jin would fiddle with her tight blue shirt and pull it down below her glutes once more causing the material to stretch to fit her form over the black leggings that stopped at her ankles. As a new person, Manny, joined them she'd look at his long spikey black hair and tilt her head to the side. Her mask covered face hid most of her expression, but her eyes were more animated than ever as she pondered where she had seen him earlier that day.

"Awe poor Jeremiah do you want me to go get it for you?" she'd wink at him and pull one of her fans out from behind her back with an evil glint in her eyes. "Nice to meet you Manny, I'm Den Jin" she'd nod her head in greeting before looking back to the others. Feeling movement behind her she'd turn and watch as Colt walked in the dirrection of the crowded t.v. Her eyes would narrow as she tried to see between everyone's forms but Den Jin was indeed petite. "What's got everyones attention over there" she'd say to no one imparticular and watch the cowboy and also see Sabrina looking rather intranced. Soon their group was disbanding and Den Jin ddecided to join everyone.

Sadly she was too late for the first part of the announcement and she would rown under her face mask. She was standing near Sabrina and a rather large man, he had a whole foot and then some on D.J, trying to overhear what everyone else had just heard. Seeing Arnold and Prism Den Jin would go to move towards and them and get shoved by a guy moving near her and right into the giant red head. She'd use her aura to pull herself back up quickly and fix her hair. "Oh sorry about that" She'd look up at the guy and then over to Sabrina, whom she had introduced herself to earlier, giving a nod of greeting.

She was unsure if they would talk to her and was about to take a few steps back to the others she had already met.

(Wow lot to respond too, awesome!) (Also this will be the last full circle of posting before the time skip to the Emerald Forest Test, so say what you'd like before lights out) (Oh and @KrisiStar sorry I didn't address Den Jin as much, I couldn't find a proper opening. Though PM I have something to discuss about the Emerald Forest Test)

Jeremiah looked puzzled by Arnold's response, "Listen I'm a farmer, and a boxer, nothing special, so I'm used to being treated like this" he stopped for a moment, thinking about all the times he used to sneak away from his chores to train. To learn to box with his grandfather, or go running in the woods hoping to encounter a Grimm. A faint smile appeared on his face before vanishing , the memory of actually running into several Grimm coming back to him, he shuddered a bit before entirely losing himself to his daydreams.

He awoke from his distracting delusions just in time to spot Arnold walking away, and Prism walking back towards him. He shook his head, trying to clear his thoughts as Prism skipped up toward him, holding onto a shirt with a pug on it. Jeremiah smiled as he saw the shirt, though his smile soon gave way to a rather pained expression as he strained to contain a fit of laughter. He pointed toward the shirt, "Is...is that a dog? With a mustache?" he asked as he finally broke out into a laughter. "That's awesome!" he said between laughs, "Dogs don't have mustaches!" he muttered between his fits of laughter. He reached to grab the shirt, grabbing it from Prism he quickly threw the shirt on as his laughter died down.

As he put the shirt on, his head having just emerged from the collar he noticed Prism glance back down towards his waist. Which in turn caused Jeremiah 's cheeks to glow a bright red, "Th..Thanks again" he managed to get out. As he turned toward the growing mass of students that were headed toward the TV, "Hey wait up I'll go with you" he called after Prism, not sure if he was making things more or less awkward as he did.

Jeremiah sighed as they neared the crowd, "Oh c'mon we'll never get through that!" he proclaimed as he adjusted the shirt a bit. The purple shirt, had definitely made him appear more modest, though it did fit him quite tightly. The sleeves were tight against his biceps and the shirt ended somewhere just short of his belly button. Jeremiah sighed, while his muscles while not as big as Arnold 's or Jorg's were still somewhat substantial, his fist fighting style having toned him despite his bad habits. Though he prided himself in his appearance it now seemed as if his musculature was more of a hindrance than a help as he attempted to wear Prism's shirt.

He smiled though nonetheless, feeling honored that someone had offered to help him, he smiled warmly at the thought of Prism's generosity Though as Jeremiah glanced over toward Prism he found himself blushing a bit more, in turn he quickly glanced away. "Hey is that Arnold?" he asked trying to take some of the attention off of himself.

Meanwhile....

The TV sizzled as the screen sat punctured by Ruka's daggers, though some of the screen managed to flicker with bits and pieces of the news, the great majority of the screen was entirely shattered by the daggers. Sabrina scoffed at the blatant display of outrage, of course she had known Ruka's affiliation with the Cayler family and could sympathize with her rage, though she couldn't imagine the destruction of school property being the proper response for someone from such prestigious upbringing. She sighed as she turned to walk away, though as she did she bumped into Arnold. She couldn't help but notice he was now carrying Jeremiah's bag, and while she had no qualms with giving the bag back she did find it somewhat improper for Arnold to reclaim the bag on Jeremiah's behalf.

"Talk? Now what would we have to talk about?" she asked, her demeanor neither hostile nor sweet as she curiously looked toward Arnold for an answer. She paused waiting for Arnold's reply before deciding to do him the favor of answering his question before her own, "Oh that, yes well it appears as if some shady sort have taken to robbing the Cayler dust facilities, the same facilities owned by her family" she pointed toward Ruka before continuing. "Which is why the TV is now in shambles, though that may be somewhat understandable, seeing as there were no survivo.." Sabrina stopped halfway through her last sentence as a rather large student bumped into her.

At first Sabrina was more than willing to oblige this student with a grievous assault, perhaps of the physical or else verbal variety. Though as she picked herself up from the floor, having fallen from the unexpected bump she was greeted by a giant. Her mind suddenly went strategic, "Well aren't you a big one?" she said sweetly, her face smiling as the large student immediately recognized her and began to apologize.

Wow tall and polite, now why couldn't I have run into you earlier? she thought to herself as she looked up toward the rather giant student. "Now now, I'm a student just like you" she said earnestly, "Though I did win the Grand Battle Games Tournament, and Mistral's Cup, and then there was that time I..." Sabrina began to ramble off her accomplishments, somehow getting lost in a discussion that seemed to be about nothing more than herself.

Though she stopped herself a moment after she told the large student about how she had beaten the previous Mistral Cup record holding champion's time score (That's Pyrrha Nikos's time score). "I'll be entering again this year to see if I can't beat her consecutive wins too" she said proudly before changing the subject.

"Now it seems as if you already know me, though I don't believe I've had the pleasure" she said as she offered up her hand, "What do I call you?" she asked, as she looked up toward Jorg.

As Sabrina laughed and engaged in conversation with Jorg it appeared as if she was an entirely different person, coming across as kind though still cordial and proper. Though deep down Sabrina was thinking strategically, having her eyes set on the strongest and largest student for her team. Oh the power plays, oh the strength of our team! And this boy actually knows his place, he's polite and sincere oh where was he earlier when that idiot ruined everything! she thought as she laughed and engaged with Jorg, entirely forgetting Arnold in the process. She began to walk away, tugging Jorg along for the ride as she strolled the rather large great hall. "Come along now, let's take this conversation somewhere more private" she said in a sweet though somewhat demanding tone. Her platinum hair, now loose from her pig tails swayed as she turned on a dime and made her way away from the crowd. She smiled ever so slightly as she walked along with Jorg.

The crowd began to disperse as others followed Sabrina's example, leaving only the few that stayed around hoping to hear what the TV had said in the first place. Although the TV screen was broken the sound still remained and as everyone left a voice could be heard rather plainly. "This just in we have Breaking News" the TV anchor stopped for a moment before gasping to herself,

"My god" muttered the woman. "It appears as if a terrorist attack has hit Vale's Industrial District, we're going live to Lisa Lavender with the report" the feed suddenly shifted. Through what remained of the TV the students would notice the background change as a different voice began to speak.

"This is Lisa Lavender here, I'm standing in the Industrial district and it appears as if terrorists have released several Grimm into the safe zone. There have been several explosions as well and..." the sound of screams filled the background noise as Lisa appeared to be speaking to someone off screen. The remaining pieces of the TV screen fizzeled out leaving only the sound as Lisa frantically began to speak once more. "I'm being told this area is no longer safe, we will report to you once we...wait what!? Take it down!" Lisa Lavender sounded frantic as the unmistakable sound of a Beowolf class Grimm was heard roaring. The sound of gunshots and more frantic screams could be heard quickly before the feed cut out and the TV suddenly burst outwards in every direction. Having been struck by something , or rather someone.

In the wreckage of the TV stood Professor Ozpin, "Now that's enough of that" he said in his usual dispassionate tone, he sighed and sipped on what appeared to be coffee but was in fact Chamomile Tea. "Now then lights will be going off soon, I'd recommend you all get a good night's sleep. After all you will be fighting for your lives sooner than you may think" he said with a nonchalant wink as he began to turn and walk toward the exit.

(Okay the grand experiment with colored text might end up continuing though I won't make any promises, since there will no doubt be quite a lot to color. ) (Also srry bout the length but this is all story critical, oh and I'll b PMing @Riddle78, @Mitaku, and @Ineffectivd in a group pm about the villain slots and when each charcter will be appearing. As for the Emerald Forest Test I'll be posting match ups soon, though I can't make any promises for cool abbreviated team names)

After the question for Arnold left her mouth, Prism realized she'd kind of interrupted Arnold while he was talking to the silver-haired champion. "Oh, sorry." She shrugged her shoulder nervously as she turned back to Jeremiah who was now wearing her purple shirt with the pug on it. At the sight Prism's eyes lit up.

"Oh my goodness, you look adorable!" She raised her clasped hands to the side of her cheek and closed her eyes and plastered her face with a large grin. "My, it's a little small for you though but, that's okay! It makes your muscles look bigger!" She giggled, ignoring the fact that it was a belly shirt on him. She reached out with one of her fingers and booped Jeremiah on the nose. "Look at you!" She squeed.

Prism was about to make some more comments on how cute Jeremiah looked in her little pug shirt when suddenly she was distracted by the TV. she turned her head in the direction and didn't see anything but the flickering screen. What she heard though, sent a chill down her back. Her smile dropped and her pink lips parted in that of a silent O as she listened to Lisa Lavender give a frightened and rushed broadcast. She raised a hand to cover her open mouth right before the TV pretty much exploded. With a jump and a frightened yelp, Prism took a few steps back, almost knocking right into Jeremiah and Arnold as Professor Ozpin's voice rose above the startled student's cries.

"Now then lights will be going off soon, I'd recommend you all get a good night's sleep. After all you will be fighting for your lives sooner than you may think"

Prism looked back at Jeremiah and chewed on the side of her lip. "Oh my..." Was all she could think to say.

Apparently Jorg hadn't stopped himself quite as quickly as he'd thought, and Sabrina had actually fallen to the floor, making him stutter a little in mid-sentence. Despite the accident, she seemed rather interested in speaking with Jorg, which was quite a relief, and actually a little bit of an ego-booster, he had something to lord over his brothers now at least, even if this went poorly, he'd have at least spoken to a celebrity face-to-face.

Miss Lafluore seemed quite proud of her achievements as well as she went on to list them all off, including a handful that Jorg hadn't been aware of, he really wasn't much of a current events sort of person. It was around this point that another girl bumped into him, not an uncommon thing in a crowd, and said something, though he didn't really catch it with everything else going on.

"I wish you the best of luck on that, Pyrrha has set quite the bar for you, all the more impressive when you shatter it, right?" Jorg said, intending the comment as a compliment, though he realized, too late, that it may end up seeming like a slight. This whole court-speak thing was more difficult than he'd given credit for.

When Sabrina offered up her hand, palm down, Jorg at least knew what he was supposed to be doing, his mother had drilled him on this almost as hard as both his parents had in combat, definitely harder than his professors at Signal. A gentle taking of the hand, thumb across knuckles, touch lips to thumb, the response was automatic, though almost as clumsy as the gesture was antiquated, the difference in their size made this almost comedic.

"Uh, my name is Jorg Quigley, I'm a legacy, probably the only reason I got in," he half rambled, half introduced as the same hand that he'd taken Sabrina's in made its way to the back of his neck, gaze averted.

"I couldn't even make it past the written entrance for entry-level battle-games," Jorg muttered, half-hoping that she couldn't hear what he'd said. So what if he was a bit taller, a bit stronger than his brothers, the entrance exams were a joke to them, and they'd both medaled in even Mistral's cup, the eldest pulled second place on his run; it was pretty well known how Pyrrha Nikos, the previous champion, had trumped him by several seconds.

Whether the previous chatter was actually heard or not, Sabrina decided to lead what was rapidly coming to seem like her personal giant along by the hand, explaining that they should speak somewhere more private, and seeing as they were in the middle of a small mob, he was inclined to agree.

Only moments after the pair broke away from the television, a dead silence went across the room, the sort that leaves hairs standing on end, and every foot flat on the floor. The only sound came from the, now destroyed, television.

Nearly two minutes of broadcast later, the set exploded completely, and not from the knives stuck in it, but by Professor Ozpin, who rather calmly reminded the students that the broadcast wouldn't really affect them, at least not for now, they had problems of their own to deal with in the morning.

Departing with little more than a reminder to get some sleep and a wink, Ozpin left the room in a much more tolerable silence, the sort filled with whispered conversation and the sound of bedding being set, even some paper rasping as books were cracked open or gently set away.

"Well that was; something," Jorg said dumbly, hoping to just fill the enormous quiet room just a little bit more.

((yea I am sorry guys I have seem to had some horrid writers block the past few days I don't know what my brain is doing I was just trying to get my character to meet everyone somehow anyway ^_^ ))

As Den Jin had bounced back from bumping into the large giant talking with Sabrina she'd continue to press and squeeze herself through the crowd and stare at the television. Once the field reporter Lisa Lavender began speaking from Vale's Industrial district Den Jin couldn't help but glue her snake-like eyes to the set. Her eldest brother was stationed there as a hunter. She began to grow worried as she spoke of the terrorist attack and someone had actually set Grimm loose in Vale! She curl her dainty hands up into fists and dig her nails into her palms. "What? Don't cut!" she'd call out before the television exploded outward. She didn't even try to shield herself from the debris. Her gaze quickly shot to Professor Ozpin and boy were they shooting daggers. "My brother" she'd say quietly and stare back at the now destroyed technology.

It was almost lights out and Den Jin simply stood in front of the television and it's mess. Her head down as she was in deep thought. Her brother was strong, one of the best in his graduating class, and capable. Long dark hair would cover her face as she was deep thought and the worry began to grow as her mind assessed every situation that could happen. A hand would be placed on her shoulder as her older brother Cho shook her gently. "Hey lay down, tomorrow is a big day, you'll need your rest" his eyes silently sympathized with her thoughts as he'd nod and turn to go sleep near his friends.

Den Jin would move silently through the now sparse crowd and find her sleeping cot in the corner and she'd lie herself down on it's top. Pulling a brush through her long hair as she began talking to herself "Ping will be fine. He's been doing this for as long as I can remember" with each sentence her brush would pull harder at her hair. "He's an amazing huntsman" Den Jin's eyes seemed to trance out as if she was in a different place. If she was not disturbed or interrupted she'd eventually fall to sleep after everyone else from pure mental exhaustion.

Colt would stand there listening to the report and watching it closely it was interesting to him. He would notice the bigger man walking into the crowd as he starred up at him thinking, Wow he is big...woah... Colt would listen to the news further. Then noticing that the big guy was talking to that stuck up girl. He wondered why she seemed to be so polite to him, Did she want something from him, eh wasn't my business. Everyone seemed to start walking away from the television. He would direct his focus back to the Tv as it seemed to explode, covering his eyes, he looked back to the Tv again and Den Jin stood there by herself for a moment. Colt would continue to listen to the live news play Hearing this girl named Lisa, "I'm being told this area is no longer safe, we will report to you once we...wait what!? Take it down!" He would blink a few times starring at the ground. He heard a familer voice, looking up he saw Ozpin standing there. He listened to Ozpin speak but the thing that caught his attention was when he said, "After all you will be fighting for your lives sooner than you may think" He would quirk his eyebrow to that thinking So that's how were gonna get taught fighting...? Sweet. He looked up to where Den Jin was, she seemed... Troubled but someone had walked over to her and seemed to lighten her spirits a bit. She had the right to be troubled because of that news report. Colt sighed adjusting his hat as he began to walk away he would lean against the wall watching Den Jin go to bed. He grabbed the black book from before as he pulls a note out of it, walking over as quiet as possible setting it by her head. If she was to find the note it says, "When things are bad, we take comfort in the thought that they could always get worse. And when they are, we find hope in the thought that things are so bad they have to get better, always look up never down even if all odds are against you or all hope seems lost." Setting the book back in his coat he would walk away with his hands in his pockets nodding to others as he passed saying, "Good night." walking to his sleeping bag he would lay back putting the hat over his face letting his thoughts go until he fell asleep.

"Now then lights will be going off soon, I'd recommend you all get a good night's sleep. After all you will be fighting for your lives sooner than you may think"

"Awww bed time already? But i wanted to mingllllllllle" Diana sounded like a little kid who didn't have any candy. So instead she slouched back to her little spot and sat there watching everyone get ready for bed and fall asleep, So this Terrorist group sound really dangerous causing all these problems, before she could even continue thinking an imaginary train zoomed by and ran over her thoughts but when the train was gone it left a box that was unlocked and had something that shined inside of it. Ohhh Shiny time to open it. But when it was opened it turned out to be a music box, Then Diana slowly began to drift into sleep and these word ran right out of moth before the music completely soothed her, "Nap Time"

After listening to the news broadcast Manny was in shock at the news of the Grimn are in the industrial district."My god this is not good at all"he said to himself.Then he thought "I hope that mom and dad left before hand".He then heard Professor Ozpin said "Now then lights will be going off soon, I'd recommend you all get a good night's sleep. After all you will be fighting for your lives sooner than you may think".

Manny thought "yeah you think".Manny then started to look around for some where to sleep.Manny tried a few spots around the floor didn't work he crash next to the cowboy,the girl with the sharp fans,the girl with the crab with the top hat, the girl that saying something about mingling but now shes asleep and about another dozen places but none were right to him."Okay um where do I sleep"he said to himself.He started to look around and he finally found a spot.It was a spot by the window.He finally got to the spot,got in his sleeping bag.He then looks down the window and says "perfect"he said then he finally fell asleep.

Arnold could only growl and shake his head as Sabrina stalked off with the giant of a student,Jorg. "Pure poison." With Ozpin's cryptic warning hanging in the air,the hall quieted down as everyone settled in for a night's rest. Walking up to Jeremiah,Arnold deposited the bag in front of him. "Be sure to bug Sabrina about getting your clothes back in the morning. Now,I think I should finish my exercises and get some sleep." He walked back to his bedroll,and waved over his shoulder along the way. "G'night."

He reached his bedroll,and Arnold ripped out a quick twenty push ups before doffing the houserobe and sliding into his bedroll. Reaching out to put out the lantern by his bedroll,Arnold gave a mighty yawn,and when he put his head down after extinguishing the lantern,he fell instantly to sleep.

Jeremiah blushed a bright red when Prism commented on the shirt, first she called him adorable, then she made the comment about his muscles. Jeremiah decided to take the compliment with a bit of bravado, his flush face suddenly giving way to a confident grin. "Yeah I'm pretty awesome aren't I?" he asked trying to seem cool, only to be booped on the nose in response. To which he had no idea how to react to, "Umm yeah" he said awkwardly, somewhat unsure of what to say next. Though as he struggled to find something to change the subject, it seemed fate did it for him. The newscast suddenly cut the two of them off, the words seemed to echo throughout the hall, time seemed to stop, and the faces of the students seemed to be trapped somewhere between terror and disbelief as Lisa Lavender's words resounded within the newly accepted student body.

As the news cast ended with Professor Ozpin's entrance, Jeremiah turned back toward Prism for a moment hearing her reaction, unable to produce one of his own. His faced looked troubled, and his eyes seemed distant for a quick second, a memory no doubt resurfacing in light of the disaster.

Jeremiah snapped back to reality in a few seconds, turning back towards Prism "Um yeah it's pretty terrible. Anyways I'm gonna hit the hay" he said as he walked off rather unceremoniously, he sighed as he reached his sleeping bag and bundled himself up in it just in time to see Arnold bring him his bag back. "Thanks man" he said, his voice sounding oddly distant as he laid his head down and sat in silence. Despite Jeremiah's usually cheery demeanor he couldn't help but feel a sense of loss for those whom were killed in this latest attack. "Guess that's why they need hunters" he muttered under his breath as he closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.

Meanwhile...

Sabrina smiled rather contently as Jorg took her hand and kissed it, " ah a true gentleman , I wish I could say the same for some of the others here" she said before turning for a moment to glare at Jeremiah.

Sabrina smiled at Jorg's comment, "Yes Pyrrha has indeed set the bar quite high" she stopped for a moment, a confident grin on her face as she spoke once more. "Though I think it's important to always strive to set the bar higher." she said confidently, her voice never faltering as she turned toward Jorg her eyes practically staring through him as she spoke.

"Jorg? eh? Well that name is certainly unconventional, though it suits you all the same." she said with a smile before stopping for a moment to hear Jorg's confession. Though as she did she couldn't help herself from cutting the giant student off mid-sentence, "Now now Jorg, the written portion is hardly important. After all I'm sure you have other talents" she said as she turned to spot Jorg's rather giant weapon propped up against a wall.

Sabrina was refusing to acknowledge a fault in Jorg, having come to respect the young man as perhaps the most refined of the present class, or at least the most bearable. She stopped though, halfway through a conversation that she had planned in which to recruit Jorg to join her team. The news broadcast suddenly echoed through the hallway, and the students suddenly went silent.

Sabrina tried to keep her composure during the broadcast, trying to seem cordial and refined. Though doing so would require a complete lack of emotion, an affliction Sabrina despite her best efforts didn't have. Instead she clenched her fists, the memory of her family's estate being reduced to rubble by Grimm in her mind as she heard the beowolves in the background of the broadcast. She bit her lip, drawing a little blood.

As the broadcast ended she suddenly noticed the blood and produced a handkerchief from Jeremiah's pajama pants, bringing the handkerchief up to her lips. She appeared rather flustered, turning toward Jorg for a moment, "I do so apologize, how uncouthe. I really don't mean to be rude but I must now take my leave. It was so very nice meeting you Jorg" she said as quickly as she could, trying to maintain a respectable and proper tone all the while, despite her flustered face. She then stormed off, realizing all the while that she had blown her chance to recruit the giant student by giving in to her emotions, if even for a moment.

This is not how a lady behaves she thought to herself as she lied down on the small mattress that was so courteously provided by professor Ozpin in lieu of her missing luggage and sleeping bag. "Tomorrow I'll show them all a proper thrashing, everyone of them" she mumbled before drifting off to sleep.

Professor Ozpin sighed, sipping his tea rather calmly as he stood by the light switch. "Alright then lights out, rest well. You will be needing it" he said to the students as he flipped the switch bathing the hallway in darkness as he left the grand hall. The echo of his footsteps fading as he became further and further away from the new class of students.

THE NEXT MORNING

A speaker in the grand hall suddenly screeched to life, "Attention students, if you would be so kind and wake the Emerald Forest Test will be starting in two hours. Please prepare yourselves, breakfast will be rolling in momentarily. That is all" chimed the voice of Ozpin over the intercom.

(Okay this is all I can post until like 10 tonight, I'll timeskip the 2 hours to the emerald forest test around then, hopefully. For now just wake and prepare, the TEST IS COMING....muhahahah)

Alman looked across the institution, his hair slightly waving due to the morning's wind. He walked closer to the entrance, pulling his coat closer to him. He was impressed by the look of the school so far, not that he had very high standards in the first place. The structure looked visually appealing and the interior was probably the same. If he arrived sooner, he would've been able to get an even better look at the place.

Despite his emphasis on always being punctual, Alman had missed the first voyage to Beacon. Perhaps it was all the traing and preparing he did the previous night that made him late. He wanted to be in perfect condition when arriving to the school, but he had forgot to factor in sleep. Of course, other things got in the way as well.

After rushing to make it to departure, he has accidentally knocked over a crate of Dust. He had immediately apologized to the elder woman moving the items and began to place them back inside. She wasn't angry in the slightest and was understanding that it was just an accident. Eventually, the two struck up a conversation about Dust. Alman had gotten so immersed on the talk, he had completely forgotten about his journey to Beacon. So now here he was, standing at the entrance and a day late.

As he walked inside, Alman a voice come over the speakers. After hearing about the Emerald Forest Test, he immediately dashed through the halls. This was not good, he couldn't afford to miss a test.

As he came to a stop, it was then that Alman realized he had no idea where to go. He had arrived late and he knew nothing about how things were supposed to run. Perhaps he could find another student, but he didn't know where to find them either.

He ran his hand through his jet black hair and looked from sides to side. 'This isn't good.' If only he hadn't ran into that crate, then he wouldn't be facing this dilemma.

As her internal clock awoke her before most of the others Den Jin would roll over onto her stomach and place her hands palm-down against the bedroll. She'd press her arms firmly against the ground and arch her back, stretching like a cat would, causing little pops from her bones and joints to be heard. Moving to a sitting position she'd roll her head around and blink a few times before seeing a piece of parchment near her. Raising her right brow she'd bite her tongue while picking it up and reading the words. It was a nice reminder that things could always get worse and to stay positive but who had left it there? Her glowing eyes would gaze at the students, some awake while others slept, trying to decide who had cared enough and noticed her change in emotions. She stand up and roll her sleeping mat up neatly and then begin doing her morning stretches. Today was the day that teams were formed and they were sent into the emerald forest.

Lowering herself into a split she'd raise her arms up into fifth position and lean her body to the left aligning her arms parallel with her leg. After holding that pose she'd straighten herself and lean to the right side in an identical manner then once again straighten herself in an upright position. Lowering her arms to now stretch horizontally outward she'd lower her torso to the ground and inhale deeply as the muscles relaxed and her body felt like rubber bands. She'd pull her arms back in to rest her weight on her forearms and hold her palms flat while lifting her body from the floor and her feet would be pointed straight towards the ceiling. Holding that stance for about a minuet her core muscles would come to life and begin to burn. Den Jin would move her legs down to hang her feet over her head making a "C" shape with her body. Golden eyes would be fixated straight ahead as she focused her breathing and was careful not to over do herself. Once she was finished she'd lower her legs back down and return to a laying position on her stomach.

Den Jin would stand and fold the paper up to tuck it into her bag so she could read if she ever felt her emotions going south in the future. She'd lift a small bag up and head to the restrooms to change and fix her hair. After about an hour of being gone she'd return dressed in her usual blue attire of a revealing blue dress and tight black shorts underneath. Her long brown hair had been brushed and pulled back into a long ponytail while her bangs framed her face in short layers. Her arms were dressed in blue coverings that matched her knee high boots and face mask. As she re-entered the grand hall where she and her fellow peers had slept she move to grab her weapons, folding them back up, and attach them to her back. Now it seemed everyone had began to wake up and ready themselves for one of the most important days of their lives here at beacon.

"Today I will learn who I get to spend the next four years with" she'd say to no one in particular as she looked around and saw some of the people she had met the day before "Maybe I will get lucky and have at least one of them in my group."

The loudspeaker would ring just then and Den Jin stood completely still thinking that there had been another attack. She'd feel herself breath after Ozpin finished his announcement and then continue to move into the grand hallway looking for her friends and to share their excitement.

Returning his wandering gaze to his latest companion, or rather, only companion, it was obvious that she was rather distressed. Wiping some blood away from her lip where she'd bitten down on, Sabrina excused herself with a curt apology, leaving Jorg to his thoughts.

Dumbly going along with her abrupt exit, Jorg muttered a wordless acceptance, and meandered his way back to his things.

Well, it still went better than I expected, besides the death and property damage of course. Jorg thought to himself, managing to draw a twitch at the edge of his mouth in amusement, though the humour was bittersweet.

Flopping bonelessly into his improvised bed, the youngest of the Quigley boys laced fingers behind his head and stared at the ceiling, reflecting on his day. Well, barely made it onto the airship over a security snafu at the dock, said airship later exploded, arrived late to the orientation speech, managed to make a positive impression, and with a girl no less, and then a terrorist attack brings several lives short in the industrial district of Vale. Seemed like just his luck, big step, big problems; all things considered it wouldn't go down as his worst day ever.

--------------------------------------------------------

A squealing loudspeaker woke Jorg, and plenty of the other students, to deliver the two hour warning for the Forest Test. Rolling off his cot, at least that's what he was supposed to call it, though it was more like a body pillow with blankets for someone his size, several deep cracks resounded, from small of his back up to the base of his neck, drawing the attention of the students on either side of him, and possibly some others, though he didn't bother looking.

Jorg was slow to wake, it seemed hereditary, what with his brothers and father exactly the same, only his mother any different, usually just to haul everyone else out of dreamland. Leaving the "bed" as it was, Jorg made his way about getting changed, and otherwise preparing for the day. While he didn't see Sabrina again, he wouldn't have been surprised should she have spotted him, he was a little more conspicuous than a girl wearing men's pyjamas. It was blatantly obvious that no one else seemed particularly interested in making Jorg's time here more pleasant, mostly keeping to what he'd grown rather used to in his life, people avoiding him like the plague, as though he were about to bite someone's head off if they came too close.

With everything else dealt with and more than an hour left to spare, Jorg figured he could grab the Holy Roller and take a look around, perhaps go for a stroll around the campus before worrying about the test, from what he was hearing, it should be something he'd be rather good at, not a pencil to pick up or paper to write on, just a leisurely stroll in the woods.

Colt jumped a bit at the announcement, he sat up quickly his hat falling into his lap he looks around quickly breathing a bit heavily. He was jumped by the sudden noise, Colt then sighed as he slouches over resting his arms on his thighs he would just stare at the floor trying to wake himself up. Colt was not much of a morning person in the first place so to wake early was new to him. lifting his head up he looked all around the grand hall seeing everyone was preparing for the forest test. wiping his eyes with his left hand so his vision wasn't so blurred he stands up intertwining his hands together and holds them above his head stretching his body. Satisfying pops came from his fingers and elbow joints, he would then let his hands fall to his sides. Crouching down to pick up his hat and Places it on his head, he looks down to his sleeping bag picking it up, and rolling it.

He then set it beside his duffle bag, unzipping the bag he pulls out two one handed barbells that were 65 pounds each. Setting them beside his bag he turns feeling the urge to use the bathroom he walks out of the grand hall into the restrooms. Moments later he walked out with a happy sigh, Going back to the weights he crouched down picking one up as he began to curl one in his right hand. he leans down picking the other one up with his left hand and then began to curl one arm at a time. He would curl the right then the left and repeated this pattern for the next ten minutes. Looking around the room he noticed everyone was still just waking up, but as he scanned the room more he noticed Den Jin was awake. Hm she looks ready to go, must of woken up before everyone. The ten minutes was about up as he was curling the last four, "196....197....198....199....200." His arms drop as he takes a deep breath starring at the ceiling.

Colt then sets the barbells back into his bag zipping it shut, standing straight he sets his hands on his sides looking around and thinking, Now what else is there to do? Right as he thought those words his stomach roared in hunger, quickly grabbing his stomach he groans saying, "Oh yeah...some food wouldn't hurt..." He then began to walk out of the Grand hall to the cafeteria in search for ediable food. Finding the perfect breakfast meal Colt began walking back with a sausage, egg, and cheese sandwich, he starred at it in aw his taste buds could already taste the spices hit his tongue. Walking into the grand hall he takes a large bite of the sandwich with a large smile on his face, he then saw Den Jin just standing by herself. He walked over to her with a tilt of his hat saying, "Good morning Den Jin, hey you go to the cafeteria yet? aw you got to try this sandwich!"

Ruka's silent night rage had subsided.After hearing about the assassinations of the workers and the stole dust,Ruka rage just exploded a bit.She did hold back a bit,because if she hadn't the dagger would went straight through the T.V.That night after raging a bit she sneaked out by the window,to calm herself down under the moon light.

After walking around for a few minutes.Ruke returned back to the small psace and slipped into her sleepingbag

The Next Morning

Ruka had awakened before the announcements,but instead getting dress that morning she was still clad in her pajamas.Ruka made her way around the campus,after learning the paths the night before.Finding the bathroom,Ruka showered for 30 minutes,and hopped got her dress on within no time.The young woman made her way back to the grand hall,just in time for her to see Colt run out for food,after doing a little exercise.Ruka walked over to the barbells,and lifted one up,"I have lifted in a few days..."She groaned as she placed the bells down and walked of the hall.

Ruka made her way to the front of the school to go rest by the fountain,but on her way she found a student looking lost,'Hopefully me and him won't have a curt encounter'Ruka croaked as she made her way over to him,with her eye-patch covering her red-left eye,"Excuse me do you need help finding your way around?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back