• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom RWBY (RP, closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Esmeralda Teasel
Current location: Beacon Academy, Central Yard
Esmeralda was sat on the airship incredibly bored, the travel from Vacuo to Vale was long and tedious but in the end, it would be worth it, after all, she was going to Beacon it was just a shame she couldn't enter under her real name getting used to being called by a cover name was rather difficult but it was better than her cover being blown. The airship journey finally came to its end and the deadpan faced girl dressed in a maid uniform couldn't have been happier, her unique dress sense had already gotten her some strange looks and the word 'doll' had been muttered but that didn't bother her she had been referred to as a doll for as long as she could remember mostly due to her unemotional expression.

As the airship docked and everyone exited the ship Esmeralda quickly looked around the school it was grand looking even better and bigger than the Reed household, where Esmeralda lived before which was overall shocking to say how much money has gone into the Reed household over the many years that it has been around it made Esmeralda envious. Once she finished Beacon or got some free time she would have to rectify that issue of cause she had more pressing things on her mind right now, it had been nearly a day since she was last in contact with her second in command and that meant she was a day behind. While she trusted that her second in command could run 'The Family' she had her own way of doing things and making sure that everything was still running smoothly was something she was going to ensure, so she needed to access the CCT as soon as she possibly could.

Esmeralda slowly walked forward looking at more and more of Beacon as she did, she found it interesting and the people who were students or like her new students also seemed rather interesting the weapons they used and how they worked. Hers was a mix she crafted the idea and the wire mechanism but the blade, on the other hand, is a hand-me-down given by her mother before her death. Esmeralda decided to keep her head down she wasn't interested in making friends her other life would make it impossible to keep them if they ever found out and that wasn't a risk Esmeralda was interested in.

While the two siblings were looking around, and Nova got suddenly bored, Yuri was still fascinated, but when Nova asked "Can we go back outside and meet some people?" She had asked, and Yuri knew he really didn't have much of a choice, so he simply said "Sure", and the two siblings made their way back outside, Nova running around and trying to find people who would talk to her, while Yuri hung out farther away​

Clementine (Cerise) Persimmon
Current Location: Airship heading towards Beacon

Clementine had never been on an airship before. She had been prepared to travel all the way to Beacon by train which she normally did when she visited some relatives or friends. After all, she lived in the same country, so flying had seemed way out of proportion.
However, she was glad that she didn't have to carry all her luggage with her when she would have changed trains. Currently, there was a large suitcase stored away in the lower part of the airship with a duffel bag strapped to it. Additionally, she carried a backpack with her, loaded with all the things she needed ready at hand, prepared for more events than could possibly occur. It contained some basics like food, water and tissues, but also a hairbrush, some books (several, since she couldn't tell which one she wanted to read), a notebook with mostly empty pages for scribbling, a card game and a handheld gaming console. Most of these things were rendered obsolete by her scroll, but Clemetine had packed them regardless. She didn't dislike technology, but she had a soft spot for analog things and didn't like staring at screens all the time.
Though it wasn't like she could touch any of those items at the moment. She had just boarded the plane, casually talking to some people, but soon they had mingled in groups of friends and acquaintances she didn't want to bother or had split up into people that clearly did not want to be bothered by her - or anyone, for that matter.
So instead of forcing conversations, she had decided to let things cool down. After all, the air was practically buzzing with the energy of first year students. Their bodies were on edge, their minds perceiving all the new things with great interest, like wolfs racing a hoard of sheep on a meadow. And there she was, among all of them, attracting their sparks like a lightning rod. No, that wasn't quite it. After all, she did a horrible job of reflecting them and instead sucked them right up, charging her own body along with their energy.
Clementine picked out her scroll, looking at pictures of her friends and family from her home village, trying to lessen her perception of reality in order to get lost in her memories. When that failed, she changed to social media, scrolling through trivial posts to find someone or something that would peak her interest. There was actually one thing she discovered a few minutes in that peaked her interest to the point where she could not focus on anything else: Her body had fallen victim to travel sickness.
Not good.
She vaguely remembered the boy that had stormed out with a hand covering his mouth and had wondered whether he had been fine. She had thought about going after him, but figured that it was little use when she would not have made it past the doors of boy's restroom. Now she wondered how things had turned out for him with the distinct feeling that it had not been pretty and that she was about to experience the same.
She tried to calm herself down with breathing and meditative thought, basically every routine she had acquired after years of training on how to master her emotions when they threatened to overwhelm her, but with so many people around her, she could as well have tried to calm down a raging swarm of wasps.
She got up and made her way out of the main room of the airship toward the corridors. She didn't know where they led (probably the restrooms and places to get food and drinks), but didn't really care either way. She had already picked up her transverse flute from her belt and put it to her mouth, sliding down a wall to hide herself as best she could in one of the corners. The performer in her that loved to play for the amusement of her friends and family recoiled at her posture, but this wasn't about being the center of attention, it was about keeping it away from her by all means.
A breath later, the first notes of a lullaby filled the area, growing steadier with every sound. Soon they dulled everything inside her like the mountain of blankets she snug under during those cold winter days when the sea turned grey and the wind rattled the window panes. Some who came by had to stifle a yawn, taken over by a tiredness which source they could not name, but it was nothing compared to her heavy eyelids slowly falling shut. She rested her head against the wall, cradling her flute in her lap and took a nap for the rest of the flight.

Landing was a rough affair and it shook her well enough to bang her head against the wall. Even in her half conscious state, her aura had protected her from most of the damage.
Clementine watched others walk past her, some of them hurrying to the exit with barely contained excitement. This time, she didn't mind them at all.
She had woken up as a blank slate, her body slowly taking in the air around her, figuring out the overall state of mood in order to mingle. Clementine took a deep breath filling her lungs with air and her body with the excitement of those around hee as she got up from the floor and became a part of the stream of students with a smile on her face she didn't have to force one bit.

Current location: School grounds of Beacon Academy

Sorry for the wait - and for everyone who flinched while reading. I'll try to write as best I can, but I can't help that me writing in my second language sounds rather ... odd at times, I guess. However, Clementine's back to her chipper self and I look forward to playing with all of you ^-^

~Sumire Yamashita~
-- Forlorn Student Artist --

Wearing: Color-coord outfit 1

---

"Please," Sumire begged quietly, her eyes shooting to the ground as a small blush crept it's way onto her cheeks, "you know that isn't true, I'm not talented, I'm just-" She sighed, shaking her head and drawing herself together, knowing full well the faunus would never concede the point. You haven't changed even a bit, have you Sable... Instead, her hands came together to clasp each other demurely at her waist; protocol was never something she had particularly enjoyed, but Sable was one of the few people she'd encountered whom she felt truly deserved the gesture. "It's nice to see you again as well, Sable," she said, returning his gesture with a polite bow of her own. "I did not expect to see another from ho-" The word cut itself off as she recalled again it no longer applied. "-from Mistral. Most would want to go to Haven, given the choice," she remarked as her tone fell, her eyes betraying her own fate in this regard as they drifted downwards.

A few awkward moments of passed in silence before she spoke up again, glancing around at the other students gathered around, and in particular the other faunus who clearly did not seem to be particularly enamored with Sable. "Um, we should probably head inside before we miss the welcoming ceremony. I'd rather not start our year with yet another failure." She strode over to her previously abandoned luggage and hefted it anew, glad that in the moments when she'd been preoccupied no-one had chosen to lighten her load, and began to haul it towards the assembly area. "Sorry, this is heavy..."

---

Ending Location: Beacon academy, Central yard, en route to foyer

Interaction: Puppernickel Puppernickel
Mention: Heterological Heterological

Last edited:
Raine Olympia
Current Location: Beacon Central Yard/Fountain

Raine had been seated by the fountain in the central yard for some time. She had arrived in Vale a few days prior to the term at beacon commencing and had spent her time enjoying the sites. Now she was waiting for the introductory ceremony, passing the time by reading a novel. She was unadorned, having sent her armour off to be polished by the academy staff, seated only in her casual blue dress, a pair of high heeled boots reaching just below her knees.

As she sat, she observed, taking in the oncoming slew of newcomers in all their shapes and sizes. At a glance, she couldn’t really pinpoint any that she recognised from her days at Mantle. Though she assumed most would have enrolled at Atlas, so in hindsight it made sense. There had been some commotion earlier when a raggedy looking boy had collapsed in the central yard, not far from where Raine had been seated. Before she needed to, several people had moved over to attend but the boy quickly got up and made his way into the academy, where he was headed Raine didn’t know.

Her eyes scanned the boy has he ran past, despite his outward appearance he carried two heavy metal chakras. More than likely, he was here as a new student. A subtle smile adorned Raines features as her gaze continued to follow him as he ran past. After he left her sight her eyes stayed fixed on the spot, she’d last seen him for some time, before slowly drifting back to her book.

Her attention was caught by a white-haired girl, adorned with a rather massive broadsword on her back. Intrigued Raine got up from her seated position, shutting her book and stowing it in a side pocket of the suitcase she carried beside her. Now, this was a girl that screamed ‘Atlas’. The way she carried herself was extremely reminiscent of the Atlesian military, and her clothes fit the aesthetic quite well. Raine casually strode up behind her, her eyes scanning every detail of the girls musculature and more importantly, the weapon on her back, trying to discern it’s secret; rarely were their weapons that didn’t have a trick or two up their sleeve. Raines own Stytryx was coiled up on her side.

“My, my,” Raine exclaimed, hands held behind her back.

“Quite the specimen we have here. Surely you must be a graduate from the Atlas battle academy?” Raine continued, her smile failing to reach her eyes.

“One must wonder why you wouldn’t progress to the Atlas academy?” she asked in a playful but leading tone.

Interacting: Inkles The Octo Inkles The Octo

Obsidian gave a slightly embarrassed blush as she shook her head yes to Raine's question about the battle academy. Obsidian then pointed to her neck and shook her head with a low sigh, trying to signal to Raine that she was unable to speak. Obsidian was not going to use Sign language in order to communicate unless she found out if they knew. Last time she did that, someone thought she was throwing gang signs at them. Obsidian thought a bit and then decided to try signing the basic "Do you know Sign Language?"

HerculePyro HerculePyro

Kingdom of Vale – Vale city – Beacon academy – Infirmary – Oceanos, Purpurea (NPC)

Oceanos woke to the muffled sound of voices. He managed to force his eyes open. At the end of the infirmary, the woman who had brought him here in the first place was talking to a man with gray hair, dark clothes and small dark glasses who was leaning on a cane. Both kept their voices down, but a moment later, the man turned his head and noticed that Oceanos was watching them. He said something to the woman, then approached the boy’s bed, the woman following him, shaking her head.
“Good afternoon, Oceanos. How are you feeling?”, the man asked.
“Alright, than-“, Oceanos started, then had to clear his throat. His voice had apparently not fully recovered yet. He started again. “I am alright, thank you. You are Professor Ozpin, right? The headmaster of Beacon?”
“Aha, I take it Pardus has told you that?”
“He did. So you knew Pardus?”

Ozpin nodded. “Yes. We had infrequent contact actually. Purpurea found his scroll in your belongings.” Oceanos realized only now that he was not wearing his ripped clothes anymore, but a clean bathrobe. His cheeks warmed when he realized someone – probably Purpurea, whom he assumed to be the woman standing behind Ozpin – must have undressed and tended to him while he was unconscious.

“It saddens me to think about the meaning of you carrying his scroll with you”,
Ozpin added in a subdued tone.
This cured Oceanos of his embarrassment, and a wave of grief rolled over him. He took a deep breath to push it away and nodded. “He is…Mmh. Our village was attacked by bandits and then Grimm in quick succession, and…as far as I know, nobody else made it…” He closed his eyes, then opened them again before his last minutes in Sagisō could start playing in his mind.
Ozpin was quiet for a moment.
“Well, at least his student made it. It is an impressive feat that you managed the whole travel from Sagisō to Vale on your own.”
Oceanos looked at the headmaster and took another breath.
“Yes, about that…I want to train at Beacon to become a huntsman.”

Kingdom of Vale – Vale city – Beacon academy – Infirmary – Oceanos; Ozpin, Purpurea (NPC)

~Sable Marigold~

Sable noted Sumi's embarrassment, and held back a chuckle. It had been a while since last he'd spoken to her, and she hadn't seemed to change a bit, unlike him. Sable suppressed a frown at that thought, although his ear did drop slightly before he could stop it. It was best not to dwell on the past too much, after all. He should focus more on the present, and not make mistakes in the future. More of them, anyway....

Due to his momentary glummness, Sable almost missed Sumi's hesitation when talking about Mistral. He'd known for years about her family's, opinion, about their younger daughter, and how they felt dishonored by her mere existence. This time Sable did frown, thinking about how unfair it was on Sumi. At least when Sable and his father argued it was over what was best for him, for Sumi they already believed her a lost cause and not worth saving. That irked him immensely, and- ...wasn't worth getting worked up over currently. Ugh, I hate being prim and proper, it's not worth it most of the time.

Sable was once again drawn out of his thoughts by something Sumi said, realizing he'd been standing there silently after she spoke. Cursing his own absentmindedness, Sable quickly made his way over to Sumi with a smile. "Please Sumi, allow me to help you." He said, holding out a hand for her luggage. Sable hadn't taken too much, and what he had taken wasn't all that heavy anyway. "it wouldn't be a bother, really."

Ending location: Beacon Academy, Central Yard

Direct: PixelSymphony PixelSymphony
Nearby: Heterological Heterological

Name: Aue
Tags: PixelSymphony PixelSymphony Puppernickel Puppernickel Inkles The Octo Inkles The Octo HerculePyro HerculePyro

Aue glanced at them and quickly turned his back, walking away from the Faunus in particular.

He isn't from Atlas. That's a relief.

He quickly made his way past the two of them and walked over to the fountain, setting down his bag on the ground and sitting. Two others were standing nearby; he noticed one had a huge sword, and, although Aue could probably handle one, two trainees were too much for him, considering he had no idea of anything. But he had already placed down his bags, so he sat down and looked off into the distance while watching them with his peripheral vision.

Name: Chrom
Tags: (Open)

Chrom walked back into the open and sat down at one of the benches. He openly looked around, glancing at a few groups of people here and there. The fountain had two people talking, and there seemed to be another group talking over on the main path. Straining to hear snippets of conversation, he heard, "...Please...al...help you."
"It...ther...really."

He couldn't make out anything, so he just sat there, looking out at people and noting weapons.

as Frost arrive at beacon he put his hood over his head and put his headphones on and listened to impossible rock cover, he then got out of the car and took his heavy as hell bag out of the trunk and tips the driver, 'well this is the famous beacon acadamy, the looks dont prove it wrong, anyway i wonder whos team i'm going to be on' he thinks to himself, he looks around to see if there are any benches and he spots one with another person on it, he loks around aggressivly for another one, and failed so he sat down "whats your name" he askes the boy faunus that appeared to be a sphinx.

(his bag is not heavy to him, because he like to excersize, duh)

Heterological Heterological

Tags: FROSTBITE4395 FROSTBITE4395

Glancing at the dark-haired newcomer, Aue looked him over quickly and could tell he wasn't dealing with a professional. His stance was very relaxed, and, though he might be trained, Aue was sure that he could manage. The headphones meant that he had music blasting away, and, indeed, Aue could hear the rock music with his ears. It was not something he liked. The dude wouldn't just abandon his bag, and the guy's weapon wouldn't be so effective against Thrillseeker.

"Go away." Aue resumed his reconnaissance of the people talking to each other.

"sorry bud, i'm staying put i'v been walking from bus stop to bus stop for the past week, i'm gonna rest my legs" he said in a deep scratchy voice while turning of the music and closing his eyes to listen to the birds, the only joy he ever had other than fighting "do you ever just close your eyes and listen to the birds, i like the ravens and the crows and the sparrows, any way the names Frost, Frost Reaper" he said resuming his silence, and thinking about what it would be like to see his best friend one last time, but it wasnt time to die he had a promise to keep he opened his eye's and heard a group of kids complaining about how much they didnt want to be here, 'tch pesky kids' he thought to himself while staring intently at them it looked as though he was about to do something he'll regreat, but he calmed down and took his medication, "so what's you name stranger" he said with an smile obiously fakeing it.

Tags: FROSTBITE4395 FROSTBITE4395

Aue narrowed his eyes at Frost. A name like that? Probably born in Atlas. It seemed like an alibi. Nobody would name their child that in Vale, at least. The smile was a mask; Frost was hiding something. Aue didn't want to find out what. He could be wrong about Frost's skill. The guy looked away at some complaining kids.

It seems like he doesn't like annoying people. Hmph.

Thrillseeker clicked. "Get off." Aue gritted his teeth. "Go bother some other misfortuned soul."

Feeling that he managed to make a fair amount of progress in short enough time, and not wanting to rush through such a good book, Cronan decided to direct his attention elsewhere. His eyes landed a peculiar pair of individuals across the yard, one carrying what appeared to a heavy bag of almost comical scales with little to no difficulty while flashing a smile that Cronan could tell was fake even from a distance, seeing as the only part of the boy's face that was engaged while doing so was his mouth, while the other boy seemed to grit his teeth in annoyance or another closely related emotion. He continued looking on with interest, curious to see what the outcome of their interaction would be.

Current Location: Central Yard

Raines's eyebrow rose and her smile widened as the girl made the obvious indication that she was unable to speak.
“Oooo… mute, how mysterious. The quiet ones are always the ones to watch out for, I was right to assume you would be interesting, hm hm,” Raine chuckled lightly under her breath.

Twiddling her fingers goodbye she departed the central yard and made her way to the assembly hall.
“I’ll be keeping an eye on you miss. Don’t do something silly like getting yourself killed in initiation,” she called back.

Raine paused in her step and turned a cool smile back to the mute girl.
“Of course, if you do die. Be a dear and make it entertaining. If you wanted a boring life as a huntress you should have stayed at Atlas,” she concluded, turning once more and giving her final wave of her hand.

Oh, I do hope I can be on that girl's team, the language barrier just makes it all the more appealing… Although perhaps it would be better to be on opposing teams so I can test her abilities personally? Oh, which scenario is more desirable? Hmm....

Raine made her way to the assembly hall, she had, had enough sightseeing for the time being and was eager for things to get underway. With her current level of anticipation, she was unable to simply sit and read, the mute girl had stirred her urge for excitement and battle. As she made her way towards the assembly hall. As she walked she passed a couple of faunus who looked to be working together to hold up a large box of luggage.

"Hmm you two don't deserve my interest," Raine remarked to herself as she brushed past them, her multicoloured her flicking past the girl's nose unnaturally. Raine rolled her eyes and twirled her own suitcase around her finger, a couple of bores weren't enough to put her out of her good mood from meeting the mute girl.

Interacting: Inkles The Octo Inkles The Octo PixelSymphony PixelSymphony Puppernickel Puppernickel

"yep alright i dont want to fight so i'll just not bo-" suddenly Frost heard a buzzing noise, he then reached into his duffle bag and answerd the call, "Frosty!!!!!" a voice yelled in an annoying voice "hey kiddo, wats shakin'" "not much mom just got off from work an-" "Annie who are you talking to" a womans voice said in the background "Frost momma big bro Frost", "ok i'm really srry about her she just calls me all sorts o' names", "hey Frost who are you talking to" the womans voice said "no one mom i gotta go their getting pretty annoyed, so i'm just gonna bye" he says as he hangs up, he then puts the scroll away "i'm really sorry about her i dont know how my two moms were able to stand her this long" Frost then gets up "well have a nice day" he says as he very slowly walks away, emphasis on slowly.

~Sumire Yamashita~
-- Forlorn Student Artist --

Wearing: Color-coord outfit 1

"Are you sure?" Sumire responded top Sable's offer, her voice wavering a little. "That it's okay I mean. I'd rather not burden anybody else if I didn't have to..." Her lip bitten, she stopped as a wave of internal conflict washed over her, eventually relenting and accepting the help. "Um, well, okay. It's still really heavy though, so maybe grab the handle on the bottom and we can-"

"Hmm you two don't deserve my interest," Raine remarked to herself as she brushed past them, her multicoloured hair flicking past the girl's nose unnaturally.

"Huh?" Sumi momentarily reacted, before the motion of the hair set off a reflex to sneeze. "Ahb-ahhahaaaa-chhhkkkeaaaaaa-" The violet-haired girl dropped the suitcase suddenly, clutching at her face to cover her nose as the hard-sided suitcase clattered to the ground. A muffed squeak of a sneeze somewhere between what might be expected from a mouse and a hamster rang through the air as she jerked, eventually lowering her hands with a groan. As she recovered from the violent sneeze, a single thought crossed her mind as she watched the retreating form of the cause of her sneeze. What the heck was that about? Again, she shook it off, the pressing task of getting her possessions to the very same hall weighing more on her mind. "Sorry, um... let's try that again, I guess. If that's okay."

~~~

The journey proper to the assembly hall was thankfully bereft of any further mishaps, and as they made the final last steps into the room itself, Sumire dropped her end of the suitcase to the floor with a half-controlled motion. "I feel like I just carried that all the way from Mistral City," she bemoaned, massaging her hands to try and regain some circulation in her palms. She sighed slightly, looking about the room at all of the other collected students awaiting the headmaster's introduction. "Well... we made it. Thanks again for helping me with that." She paused, again looking down at the floor as one arm tucked behind her back to touch the other. "Um. If there were other people you were planning on meeting up with, it's okay, I think I can handle the rest of things from here out..."
---

Ending Location: Beacon academy, Assembly Hall

Interaction: Puppernickel Puppernickel
Mention: HerculePyro HerculePyro

~Sable Marigold~

Smiling broadly, Sable simply let Sumi's own thoughts make her agree to allow him to help, rather then argue the point with useless words that would come to the same conclusion. Of course, he'd speak up if he needed to, but Sable knew Sumi well enough to know she'd talk herself around to letting him help her.

"Hmm you two don't deserve my interest," Said a female voice that passed the two by rather quickly, interrupting Sable's thoughts and Sumi's words.

Sable blinked and made to turn towards the voice, only to relax and sigh, turning back towards Sumi with a cheeky grin. "Well, seems like-" Sable was about to make a pitiful attempt at a joke, but was interrupted by what... had to be a sneeze, couldn't possibly be anything else. Honestly, it sounded like the most adorable thing Sable had heard since his younger sister Violet had found a stray kitten in the garden and convinced their father to let her keep it. The contented mewls and purring it let out whenever it was being held had been rather soothing to Sable, and was one of the few things he missed from home.

Try as he may, Sable couldn't help the grin spreading across his face and a chuckle from escaping, hiding both behind a cough and a hand over his mouth. "Ahem, yes, let's... continue, yes." Sable reached for his end of the suitcase, deciding to drop the issue entirely. Sable knew better then to comment on the sneeze. He'd had three sisters, a mother, and several maids who lived around the residence back home, and thus knew that commenting on it would either get him a positive reaction of some sort, or a boot to the head, and with his luck, Sable would probably receive a suitcase to the jaw for his troubles.

~~~~~~

While he wouldn't admit it, Sable was glad when they reached the assembly hall, as the weight of the suitcase was really starting to weigh down on him. As soon as Sumi let go of her end, Sable allowed his to drop, although in a more controlled manner then Sumi had. Sable grunted as Sumi moaned, rubbing his own hands as he winced slightly. "I swear, I'll never understand how we can fight Grimm and carry around our weapons, but a simple suitcase gives us Hunters trouble." Sable grunted his own annoyance, sighing as he addressed Sumi. "You're quite welcome Sumi, and if ever you need help with anything similar, well, you know who you can call." Sable chuckled in good humor.

However, as Sumi said he could leave if he wanted to, Sable frowned deeply, his ear flickering in annoyance as he snorted. "Now why would I do that? I wasn't expecting to see anyone from back home here, much less a star such as yourself! And I would never leave a friend to their own devices." Sable paused before grinning sheepishly and rubbing the back of his head with a hand. "Ah, that is, unless you would prefer it if I left. I understand if you would like to be alone rather then speak with me." Sable controlled a wince at his words. Great, I probably just made Sumi worry that she might have offended me. Ugh, why didn't I study diplomacy more carefully?

Ending location: Beacon Academy, Assembly Hall

Direct: PixelSymphony PixelSymphony
Nearby: HerculePyro HerculePyro

Lilith Falciani  (YourNeighborsCat's Art).png
Lilith Falciani

Interactions: Inkles The Octo Inkles The Octo
Mentions: HerculePyro HerculePyro

The crowd moved forward and Lilith followed at the back, blue eyes observing from underneath her hood. A couple walked by hand. Laughter echoed from several groups of students just standing around chatting. Some sat on benches enjoying their lunches or reading a book. She even saw some people napping in the shade of trees. It was so peaceful. Stupidly so. To be fair Beacon was one of the safest in the world so they could afford to be at ease, but these children were training to become the defenders of the world ignorant to how cruel it truly was.

Soon the group reached the central courtyard and Lilith broke off to examine the fountain at it's center. Two hunters, a man and a woman, standing triumphantly over a beowolf. It was a reminder of what their duty was and it was a symbol of hope, a promise that the light would always rise above the darkness. It was a lie of course. The darkness won more often than not and it could not truly be beat, only pushed back. But sometimes a lie was necessary to instill hope, as without it nothing could be won, and for a moment Lilith wondered if maybe she could allow herself to believe that white lie for once. To believe... No. No, she knew better.

As she contemplated the symbology of the sculpture and its relevance to her life though a snippet of conversation caught Lilith's attention, something about a mute, so beneath the hood her ears swivelled to listen. Well, to call it a conversation wasn't quite right as it was rather one sided even considering one of them couldn't speak. When an entertaining death was suggested though her ears folded back and she turned to watch a rainbow-haired girl walk away from a silver-haired swordswoman. Typical Atleasan entitlement, believing everyone existed just to entertain them and not caring about how their words might hurt someone.

"Ignore her." Lilith said walking up beside the mute girl. "You'll do fine. You got this far." Then, motioning towards the rainbow-haired girl in the distance, Lilith raised her hand sharply to her lips, fingers straight as a knife and tumb tucked in, then slowly lowered it down, signing "Bitch" with a small smirk before setting off towards orientation.

Stepping into the auditorium Lilith scanned the room. On the stage was a single mic stand with no seats for teachers. In fact there were no seats in the entire room so everyone would be forced to stand. Clearly this wasn't expected to take long which worked for her. Avoiding the growing crowd, Lilith dragged her stuff to the back wall and leaned back against it as she waited for things to start.

Obsidian couldn't help but holding in a mute laugh. She was upset from the original interaction, as it was not a great first impression. The faunus girl with the cat ears made her feel better though. Before she walked away, Obsidian signed Thank you to the girl. Obsidian then followed behind shortly after the girl had left, seeing as she had just gotten there she had no idea where to go.

Tags:

Aue passed by Frost and headed for the orientation. It seemed he was wrong about the guy.

Clementine

Clementine exited the ship and was surprised to find that there were less people walking around than she had expected. She must have been fairly late, she guessed. She followed the others to retrieve her luggage. Once she received it, she spent roughly ten minutes trying to figure out how to pull her suitcase behind her without it falling sideways to the ground, getting stuck on the cobblestones, hitting other students or running over her own heals. It must have been quite the spectacle for she could hear some students chuckle beside her while they watched. Most didn't seem affected by the weigh of their own stuff, even carrying it slumped over their shoulders. Meanwhile Clementine wondered: How was it that boys, who were predisposed to be naturally stronger than girls, didn't even carry half as much luggage as they did? Then again she knew that she could not hide behind the excuses genetics provided when she was well aware that she was just exceptionally weak, even if not compared to future huntsmen and huntresses. To make matters worse, she was also too reluctant to go far out of her comfort zone than to abstain from a full wardrobe. She was well aware that she would wear the school's uniform most of the time and that there would be quite limited time when she could actually wear what she liked - for example while visiting the city, where she could go shopping for anything she lacked and then some - but there was something strongly comforting, knowing that you carried a part of your life, a part of home, with you to that unfamiliar place.

In theory, she was looking to make a lot of new friends here, but the thought of being put in a room with three complete strangers with little to no personal space made the butterflies in her stomach fly up like birds after a gunshot. It wasn't that she didn't like being around people. She had shared a room with one of her sisters for half of her life and had grown up in a house small enough that one was constantly reminded of the presence of others. She could not be certain, but she had the distinct feeling that whoever was in her team, they would get along somewhat fine. Being able to perceive emotions, Clementine always tried her best to make others feel comfortable when she was around them, sometimes even going out of her way for results - a trait that had proven to be both a blessing and a burden time and time again.
Still, there was this thought nagging at the back of her head: Since getting on that airship to Beacon, up until now, she hadn't talked to anyone, not even some small talk. Clementine sighed. She didn't mind to wait, but the longer she walked, the more she felt out of place. Logically speaking, it was irrational, but she couldn't help but worry that the longer she took, the more people would settle into groups that stuck together, strengthening their bond like a shell Clementine eventually wouldn't be able to break through anymore.
Clementine took a deep breath, even going as far as to shake her head to clear her thought. She had followed the students to the hall where the ceremony would be held and looked around to assess the situation. On second note, there were still so many people standing by themselves that she couldn't believe the idea of people meeting on their first day and sticking together until their last to be more than a mere fantasy. So instead of bringing herself down with worry, she looked for all her fellow students who looked like they were about to burst from excitement. One girl ran around so full of joy that she was practically invisible for seconds. Another tugged at the arm of what could well be her boyfriend, pointing here and there while almost shouting to be heard even though he stood right next to her.

Clementine smiled. No need to worry.

Name: Frost
Tags: Heterological Heterological

Frost noticed the boy who was sitting next to him pass "You didn't answer my question, whats your name" Frost asked in curiosity.
he then pulled out his pills and took them, 'what is it with all of these people passing by' Frost thought.
'It's an honor to be here serving with the hunters and huntresses' he thought to himself with a serious expression.
he checked his duffle bag for his scroll, when he found it he put on his headphones and then listened to lose yourself, while waiting for an answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back