• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom RWBY Red Desert Dawn

Dmitri Tolenka

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
A RWBY roleplay set in Vacuo

Oh beautiful Vacuo, jewel among jewels, land that gave me life
My heart yearns to grasp the people's outstreched hand
My soul will wander to reach windswept sand
Alas on distant shores my path ends in strife

Tombstone of an unknown mercenary, date unknown, Mistral.

"There is no end to trouble with conquering Vacuo. The kingdom is not so much a singular powerful giant as it is a collection of fifty angry dwarves atop each other in a trenchcoat. Their armed forces do not feel at all obliged to follow either manual or doctrine. The very land itself is a uniquely hostile foe much alike an enraged protective mother. Lastly their aura users are of the most dangerous sort, proud, impudent and wholly temperamentally unsuited to civilized life. If your Huntsman school initiative is to succeed, then even though they are our current allies, obtaining Vacuo's corporation will surely be remembered as the pinnacle of diplomatic achievement."
Part of a letter from Général d'Armée Josef Luyendyk to the King of Vale, just post Great War, Shade academy records

There is no greater warning about greed as a walk through the Dead Woods just south of Shade Academy. The former holiest site of greater Vacuo, poisoned in pursuit of ever more Dust and riches.
Religious pamphlet of the Church of the Twin Sisters
Welcome, one and all! This roleplay is set in the scorching sands of Vacuo in the setting of RWBY. Knowledge of the series up to at least S3 is really what I'm expecting, any further is gravy but not that necessary. This will follow a single team concurrent with the main plot of S1 to start off with. The rails of canon will be thorough blown up once we hit roughly S3, but hey if you figure out a way to light that fuse earlier then go for it.

We already have a discord a CS thread, and a lore dump.

There will be six slots for players to start out with and given there's fair chance people will drop we'll hopefully end with a normal team size.

FEEL FREE TO THROW QUESTIONS AT MY HEAD I HAVE EXCELLENT REFLEXES.

Just to clarify,are you looking for the PCs to all be trainee hunters at Shade Academy?
It's intended that everyone starts a student. What did you have in mind?

To be clear, you can play whatever you want as a student. Agent of the crown, runaway Mistrali princess, attack helicopter android, former or current White Fang, Clan heir, etc.

As for why, I've got a plot in mind. So for example the teachers are a little special, some of them are 'three days away from retirement' and I don't want to spoil who. That sort of thing.

Last edited:
It's nothing specific yet,I just thought it might be a good idea to clear up for any other interested participants. So I'm deciding whether or not to join as well.

Okay so an ability that lets you snort Grimm like cocaine for power at the cost of sanity is a pretty good example of what a careless treatment of magic will get you. This is a curse you can obtain over the course of the RP but not a starting ability.

The second one is fine, just remember that the White Fang is an insurrection not a kingdom. It's not enough to be the son of Sienna - if you want to take over the White Fang you'll need to prove to the average member you're a chip off the old block. As this is Vacuo, the White Fang here are a bit odd - Faunus are treated equally if they manage to survive. As such cells here are more focused on recruitment for cells in other kingdoms. You have a couple of cells working on establishing a faunus supremacist system too, but they tend to infight a lot.

Opening post for the IC is due the 14th, in other words tomorrow. You can still make it in! I plan to post weekly as well as hold an open voice chat every sunday for questions, updates on OOC developments and other such matters.

Nice, seemed a bit quiet from the outside and I think your discord invite has expired.

Hello everyone, I hope I'm not too late to ask, but I was wondering if this is still open. Either way, thanks for reading this, and I hope you have a fantastic day!

Sorry for the late response but you're welcome to throw in a character. We're just wrapping up the first fight and we'll get to a more social bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back