• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom RWBY (Our Arch)

OOC
Here

MJ ._.

Nothing

After sweet days of learning, it's time for team RWBY to take on missions with responsibility. What kind of missions will they receive? Will they be fine fulfilling their tasks? What about secrets to learn? We won't know until we try them all. Then, GO GO TEAM RWBY!

characters

Ruby _SweetCandy_ _SweetCandy_
Weiss Keidivh Keidivh
Blake PorkChunks PorkChunks
Yang 3 3005Sweatpants
Journal
We have yet to begin!

Last edited:
Yang loaded her Ember Cecilia. She looked at her fellow teammates. Though it was only a few weeks into school, they were already assigned their first mission. She walked up to Ruby. “So, sis, are you excited for your first mission?” She asked, a smile on her face.

(I hope this is good enough)

Ever since discovering that Team RWBY had been assigned it first mission, Ruby had been a non-stop torrent of nervous excitement and anxious energy. Well, that could be used to describe the crimson cloaked student on most days, but it especially applied now. It had been a rough beginning of the year, being thrown into Beacon Academy a year ahead of anyone else, and to top it off being made the team leader. Truth be told, she still suspected Ozpin had simply had one to many cups of coffee that day and wasn't thinking straight. Seriously, she couldn't name one time she had seen him without a cup of it. Not once! Doesn't anybody else think that's weird!? ... Hmm, what was I thinking about again. Oh! Mission! Grimm! Proving I'm worthy of being team leader and not letting everyone down! ... Oh geez.

In preparation for this momentous and rather overwhelming occasion Ruby had been practicing in the training arena non-stop, pushing herself to her big girl limits. When not doing that, she was trying everything she could to make her team be good at... Well, being a team! It was certainly trying at times, between Blake's reserved, standoffish nature; Yang's endearingly bull-headed nature and Weiss'... Er, Weissiness, it felt impossible sometimes trying to get them to work together. It didn't stop her from trying though, and she liked to think that all of that blowing whistles and yelling and blowing whistles while yelling had some kind of effect. It had to of, right?

Gah, you're psyching yourself out Ruby, everything is going to be fine! You're Ruby Rose, Huntress extraordinaire! And this is just the first mission, how hard could it- Her thoughts trailed off as the shrieks of a Nevermore and the thundering charge of a Deathstalker roared in her mind. Hehe, you know what, just clean Crescent Rose. Yeaaaah, that always makes you feel better.

“So, sis, are you excited for your first mission?”

"GWAH!" Was all Ruby managed to say before accidentally discharging a round from her weapon, blasting through their rooms window and careening off into the sky. An awkward silence hung in the air for a moment as Ruby simply stared at the gaping hole now in the window. She was pretty sure Weiss had just cleaned it too. Standing up, Ruby walked over wordlessly closed the drapes to hide her shame away, before turning away with a large, somewhat forced smile. "Y-you betcha, just itching to get out there and put the hurt on those mean Grimm! Right Weiss!? Blake?"

3 3005Sweatpants MJ ._. MJ ._. PorkChunks PorkChunks

6bd3928880032d943fd3ea38aa41c1f94677280f_hq.jpg
Weiss dusted off her short frilly skirt with a little tidiness obsession while waiting for team members to get together and and the young captain to explain their mission. With a charming turn of neck that created a wave in her long snow white pony tail, she took her tiny chin up and looked over at the yellowish hot headed girl approaching and questioning her younger sister who answered her obviously ungracefully. The princess of frosty lands still doubted capabilities of little Ruby about a captains duty. She believed that the leader had to be the wises which Ruby clearly was the worst in that field. From her point of view, neither of those sisters had their minds in right place. "So..." She joined the conversation as red riding hood asked her and Blake to affirm her answer. "Would you please explain us the details of today's mission? I'm sure it's been elaborated to captains." She spoke elegantly as rested Myrtenaster again her left shoulder while her right hand posed on her waist. Her icy blue eyes almost looking down at the red kid as if emphasizing that blue was superior to silver.
3 3005Sweatpants Keidivh Keidivh PorkChunks PorkChunks _SweetCandy_ _SweetCandy_

Last edited:
Blake replied "Yeah.. sure" faking a smile as she went back to continue reading her book, something along the lines of a romantic drama named "Dawn". She was unfazed from the gunshot from earlier that Ruby had shot seemingly proved to Blake that she was young and ignorant. It didn't really matter to her anyway, she was her teammate and she proved herself in initiation. Blake stopped at the last chapter she was reading, it was a good spot to end at anyway.

Blake jumped off her bed and walked over to Gambol Shroud and picked her weapon up. Blake turned to Ruby and in a neutral manner said "You are the leader, im ready when you are."

Last edited:
Before Ruby could answer Yang stepped in. “As a matter of fact, Ice Queen. My darling sister was just telling me about our Grimm Extermination mission in the village of Glathara (Non-Canon). It will last a few days. Just in case you weren’t paying attention.” The blonde bombshell responded, a cocky smirk worn across her face, obviously trying to tick off the heiress.

Ruby could feel herself shrink under the cold stare of Weiss' sapphire eyes, digging into the young leader. Out of all of the team, Weiss had been the most vocal of her disapproval, rarely missing an opportunity to remind the already self-doubting red head. At the very least Blake seemed supportive... Or was it disinterested? It was always hard to tell with her. "That's the spirit Blake! And I'll have you know Weiss that our mission is to... Is to... Um, we have to go and..." A creeping chill worked it's way up Ruby's spine at the realization that she had absolutely no idea what their mission even was. It had something to do with going somewhere, that much she was sure of!

Thankfully Yang interceded on her behalf, letting the snooty heiress know that their mission was to go to Glathara. Right! She remembered the Headmaster mentioning that some point. "Ah, yes, thank you dear sister!" Ruby said in a victorious tone before sticking her tongue out at Weiss. "So let's quit dilly-dallying, whatever that's supposed to mean, and kick some Grimm hide! Gooooo Team RWBY!" She stated with far greater volume on would expect from a girl her size before Ruby disappeared in a burst of rose petals, covering the room as she excitedly departed. "I'll clean that up later!" Couldbe faintly heard from her as she already seemed to be far across campus.
MJ ._. MJ ._. PorkChunks PorkChunks 3 3005Sweatpants

2299188f352000f74cced4b264ceefae09908270_hq.gif
Weiss hardly shrugged Yang's boldness off. "No, why should I listen to chit-chats of you and your sweet little sister?" She answered her without letting her attitude get to her. "Glathara..." She repeated as revolved cup of her rapier's hilt in order to make sure all dust capsules were full and ready to use. She completely ignored Ruby bursting out her excitement and dashing out leaving a trace of rose petals behind. After placing Myrtenaster back at her side, she looked up at Yang and Blake. "Someone has checked the map and we know where we are supposed to go, right?" She asked with her usual bossy tone but honestly. There were no sarcasms in her voice; she just wanted to know since she was sure that no one had.
3 3005Sweatpants Keidivh Keidivh PorkChunks PorkChunks _SweetCandy_ _SweetCandy_

Last edited:
source.gif
"I thought Ruby had the map"
, Blake let out a sigh and casually walked out of the room to go and find Ruby, wherever it is she trotted over to. Not only did Ruby give off the impression of ignorance, she had the mentality of someone who didn't really know what they were doing, it was plainly obvious. Blake's view on Weiss was that of a bratty, conceited, and generally just an annoyance. She didn't really have any bad opinion on Yang, she seemed like a strong woman who can accomplish anything she puts her mind to. With that, Blake finally finds Ruby and stands silent behind her about 10 meters.

"Were you planning on telling us when you'd leave?" , Blake said with her usual glare. She walks closer to Ruby until they are shoulder to shoulder, "I know you are young, but you are our leader now, you must show more responsibility." With that being said, Blake leaned up against a pillar arms crossed waiting for Yang and Weiss to arrive.

3 3005Sweatpants Keidivh Keidivh _SweetCandy_ _SweetCandy_ MJ ._. MJ ._.

Last edited:
Yang was close behind, out of breath when she got there. “So-“ She took a little time to breathe. “Where is the bullhead?” She asked, looking around. There was uncomfortable silence in the room, most likely due to Blake’s talk she had with Ruby before Yang had arrived. “Is something wrong?” She looked at the two, sensing something was up.

a sad  ruby.gif
After arriving in the hangar where they were supposed to report in, it slowly dawned on Ruby just how much quicker she was than the rest of her teammates. It was a lot. She was a lot quicker than everyone else, the young leader idly swinging her arms as she waited for the rest of her team to arrive. Maybe she should have left with them, give them a bit more of a heads up? Seeing Blake arrive, a small sigh of relief left her lips, though this feeling quickly died as the yellow eyed girl voiced her displeasure with Ruby's leadership abilities. Weiss complaining about her she had gotten used to, at least kind of. But Blake was a girl who didn't speak often, so when she did speak it was something she knew she had to take seriously. "I-I'm sorry Blake, I guess I'm just kinda freaking out. It's our first mission ya know? I'm freaking out a little bit. B-but I'll try to be better, I will be better." She tried to speak with conviction, but she couldn't find the fire to back it right now...

Unsure of what else to say to make things better, Ruby simply remained silent, her sister thankfully arriving to distract her from the tension. "No, everything's fine. Everything's great!" She said with less pep than usual, reaching into her pack that she kept beneath her hood, pulling out the map that had been given to her for the mission. At least she hadn't forgotten that! Oh who are you kidding, you just happened to have left it in there.

"So, where's Weiss, we should probably look over this before we go." She tried to sound authoritative, something that didn't work quite well, being a rather foreign concept to the awkward Rose. Still, she was trying.

It was fine to hurry out due to an emergency alarm. It was okay to dash toward a grimm to cut it's head off. It was appropriate to run during training or as exercise. But she wasn't going to run after a red headed rabbit in school's corridors; God knew which crazy land she would take her like that. So the Ice Queen didn't disgraced herself by running in hallways not even when the yellow and black ran out. Nothing but a brat was waiting for her at the hall so the withe just walked out casually and as a result was the last person to arrive at the not mentioned meeting spot. Thus, when Weiss joined the rest of her team, their conversation was already over. This probably was Ruby's luck that she wasn't there in time to hear Blake and back her complain up. She stood in the circle of four and glanced over virtual announcement boards before looking down at the map in Ruby's hand. "Well, where is Glathara?" She asked.

Last edited:
With the arrival of Weiss, Ruby set out the map on the ground, twisting it about a few times before finally having it right side up. "So, we're here, in Vale." Obviously! She chided herself internally for pointing out the obvious. "And Glathara isssssssss, over here!" Her fingered wandered across the paper for a moment before finally finding its mark. Glathara was one of the few villages set up outside of the city of Vale, the Grimm typically bringing ruin upon any such attempts. Ruby's natural smile dipped into a frown as she thought of all of the towns and villages that had been wiped off of this map. Glathara wouldn't be one of them. This is what you signed up for Ruby, you got this!

"Okay, so when we get there we should check with the villagers, make sure they're safe, see what they know about the Grimm. They've been having to deal with them for awhile now, so they might know something that could help us! Than we hunt those Grimm down as a team!" A small fist was raised in triumph as she declared this, before a sheepish smile began to creep on her face. "Um, does that sound good?"

Blake stepped off the wall , she thought this was a viable response to Ruby's inquiry. She was prepared to fight, she looked at all the members and nodded. This would be their first official mission working together, it had to be perfect and well planned. This mission includes people's lives at stake, who assigned an absurd mission like this to them anyway? They were just students and now they are already going out and having people rely on them. "Are you ready then Ruby, Weiss, Yang?", there was a slight hint of unsureness in her voice, she has fought many Grimm before, but not protecting people at the same time.
3 3005Sweatpants MJ ._. MJ ._. Keidivh Keidivh

(Sorry for taking so long to reply)

Yang loaded her gauntlets and smiled at her teammate. “You betcha!” She said. After a few more minutes of waiting, a bullhead landed a few meters in front of them. Yang stepped to the side. “Ladies.” She motioned for the others to get in the vehicle.

Weiss looked at the needlessly large aircraft. 'That village didn't look that far... but the more convenient the better!' She thought before answering the obvious question that had already been asked. "Of course I'm ready." She said confidently then stepped toward the bullhead. The conveyor belt opened softly and started sliding down in front of her feet. She span her upper half and looked back at other girls. "Shall we go?"

Clapping excitedly, Ruby rushed over to the Bullhead, trying to not knock over her teammates as she did so. Sitting down in one of the seats on the ship, she could barely keep herself still! The initiation was fun, challenging even, but this was the real deal! they were being sent to protect people, just like real Huntress'! Of course that also meant if they failed an entire village could fall to the Grimm, sending a shiver of dread through her entire body. No, she could do this. Her team could do this! They may all be young, but darn it, they were good at killing Grimm. Now they just had to be good at being a team.

Blake took her time to board the ship, she wasnt in a hurry or anything. Realizing their mission, Blake took one final deep breath and grabbed onto one of the handles to keep her steady when they take off. Her free hand she put on her hip carefree. She wasnt really the one to initiate conversation, so she decided to just stay quiet until spoken to. She didnt doubt her team could put in some work on the Grimm. They already did it during initiation. Time to prove yourself Blake.

Last edited:
Yang smiled and sat next to her sister. From a mile away, you could sense the excitement radiating off the two sisters, though Yang was a little more concealed about her’s. “You sure are excited, Rubes.” She stated, chuckling.

Weiss regretted uttering that question right after letting it out of her mouth, since Ruby rushed up excitedly before her and made her to pull herself aside quickly to avoide bumping into her. She would like to lecture the young girl about her behavior but saw it better to wait for Yang to go in first since probably they were going to sit beside each other which meant she could sit beside Blake, which she preferred. So, she was the third girl who stepped into the bullhead and took a seat near the window. At last, Blake came and stood there, placing one hand on her heap. "The chair beside mine it empty. You'd better take it. Blake." She offered the black wearing girl and faintly smiled. Suddenly, she became wary of her own nervousness. They were going to protect a village, but what if they failed? She didn't want to imagine that awfully tragic scene. Her hand was clenching on chair's handle before she notice it.

The young Rose seemed to be absentmindedly stroking her beloved Crescent Rose which sat in her lap as she waited for the bullhead to take off. She didn't even notice that her sister had spoken to her, causing Ruby to nearly leap out of her seat. "Gwah! Er, I mean, whaaaat? Me, excited, noooooooo! I'm p-perfectly calm. Toooootallly relaxed. I'm in the zone, ya know?" Her incessant rambling would do little to convince anyone of her level-headedness at the moment, causing her to laugh nervously. "Ugh, are you excited?" She asked meekly, hoping she wasn't the only one nearly shivering with anxiousness. Taking a moment to look over to the rest of her team, Ruby realized she wasn't the only one suffering from nerves. she should probably do something about that. "Hey, let's play a game or something guys, help take our mind off of things." She asked as the Bullhead took of, cutting through the air at great speed. "How abooooouuut, oh! I spy!" Pressing her face against the glass, her silver eyes began surveying the landscape around her. "I spy with my silver eyeeeeeee, somethiiiing green!"

Zoning out, it took Blake a few seconds to process what was just said to her. She hadn't really noticed the seats, she walked past them. She was out of it and could only find the energy within her to reply to Weiss with a few lucid words, "Yeah.. sure". She made her way to the seat about the same time Ruby suggested a game. Stopping to look at Ruby looking ridiculous as her head squished against the panel, she sat down and stared at the ground. Blake wasn't in the mood for games and didn't respond to Ruby's outwardly spoken cheery demeanor. This peace and quiet wasn't going to last forever, when they arrive at their destination, anything could happen. With that said, the vehicle they were flying in stopped. This didn't seem right, their destination was at least another 30 minutes away. "Something feels.. off.., why did the pilot stop already, we should've had at least a half hour before we stopped." Was their mission alredy starting?
Keidivh Keidivh 3 3005Sweatpants MJ ._. MJ ._.

Yang didn’t notice the sudden halt of the vehicle until Blake spoke up. Alarmed, she quickly armed herself with Ember Cecilia. She quickly changed from her playful personality to a serious demeanor. “What’s going on?” She mumbled to herself before walking up to the cockpit, wanting to know what the big idea was.

weiss_schnee_by_maunkid-dasgl96-png.492894
Playing a childish game was the last thing Weiss would wish, so she ignored Ruby's suggestion per usual. Her grip became tighter on the arm of her seat even before Blake mentioning unexpectedly soon landing of the bullhead. She hoped that their war wasn't going to begin sooner than predicted and in the middle of air. "The pilot might have received new commands." She suggested calmly but stood from her seat as watched Yang approaching the cabin. Despite of her confident pose, her left hand was ready on the hilt of Mytenaster to draw it by slightest alarm from the other girl yet again, her eyes shifted toward the window to see a shadow dashing across it ominously. The girl drew the rapier. "What was that?" She asked quickly before deciding that she must have seen a grimm.

Last edited:
When no replied to Ruby's attempt to play a game, a disappointed sigh left her lips. How come they always made it so difficult to bond. Yang tried, but she knew it was because she was her little sister, not because she was the leader. Blake just seemed completely uninterested, and Weiss would often get mad. How was she going to be a good leader if she couldn't even get them to listen to her? Resting her head against the window, her silver eyes surveyed the land below them, taking in the great forests that seemed to go on forever, an endless sea of green. It looked so peaceful from here, but even Ruby knew that wasn't the case. It was probably crawling with Grimm, waiting for when Vale was weak.

As she thought on this the Bullhead came to a very sudden halt, causing Ruby to jolt forward and smack her head on the seat in front of her. Trying to rub away the sharp pain in her head, Ruby stood up as she tried to figure out what was going on. Whatever caused this sudden stop, it couldn't have been good. Reaching behind her, she pulled out Crescent Rose in its rifle form, loading it quickly before rushing up to the cockpit door. Hearing Weiss, a small chill went through Ruby's body. "Grimm." She answered resolutely, doubting the pilot would have stopped for anything else. Opening the door, she called over to the pilot, concern audible in her voice. "Mr. Pilot sir? Are there Grimm? What's going on?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back