• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom RWBY :: GRIMM TIDINGS

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Ryan had been hanging with Angie around campus since they departed from the airship. Though Ryan made sure to let her go places alone to show that he trusted in her ability to take care of herself. The library was cool, the amphitheater was aesthetically pleasing and the statue of the Huntsman beating down a Grimm seemed kind of inspiring. Though he didn't like the way a few Faunus students grimaced while looking at it. Ryan couldn't blame them. In some parts of Remnant, people treated Faunus and Grimm as if they were one and the same. While Ryan was Human, his mother and sisters were Faunus. Julius and Neve were surprised when they found out Ryan was 100% Human. Normally the children of Humans and Faunus are Faunus. Ryan was supposedly a rare occurrence. Then he is pulled from his contemplation by the movement of the students towards the amphitheater....

A FEW HOURS LATER

Ryan was currently being held up by a group of girls who were asking him far too many questions. One of which related to his covered hands. Headmaster Ozpin had urged Ryan to conceal his cybernetic limb for "Theatric" purposes. To this end, he wore cat mittens on his hands. The made a sound when he rubbed them on stuff. They also asked him if he was looking for teams and/or single. Ryan politely informed them of his desire to rest and they all pouted as they left. Times like this made Ryan wish he looked more like Neve, one hard stare from her could unsettle an Ursa enough to make it turn and scamper off.

Just as Ryan went to go look for a place to set up his sleeping bag. He saw a group of boys and girls huddled around talking badly about some of the people around them. Ryan knew that rude people would be rude people. While normally he would have ignored them, something they said caught his attention. "That wheelchair girl shouldn't be here... what is she gonna do against a Dragon?" Said a blonde girl in a lace outfit. "I know right? Cripples should just stay away from this line of work" Said a boy with dark glasses. "How about that rich girl over with Miss Eyepatch and Blondie?" Another girl who came back from the locker room said with a smirk. "Freaks the lot of em… we better make sure Beacon isn't tainted by their ilk" A red haired guy with bulging muscles and a ridiculous smile stood up. Then he walked over to Ryan, who he saw staring.

"You have a problem with us do ye?" Ryan was astounded by how bad his breath smelt. Didn't he brush before bed? That was just improper hygiene. Cracking his knuckles, the buff dude is joined by his crew of backtalkers. People start staring at this potential brawl. Holding his face out, the buff dude urges Ryan to make the first shot. Clapping his hands on either side of his face, Ryan begins rubbing the buff dudes cheeks. The sounds emanating from his kitty gloves make the bully blush with embarrassment. When he goes to punch Ryan, Ryan ducks under the strike and rubs his back. This continues for a while, as people begin to laugh at this bully who is losing to cat gloves. Stomping off in frustration, the red haired yells "No one gets away with mocking Magnus MacRory!!!". Ryan smiles innocently and responds with "Okay Magnus McMeowMeow". It seems the public likes the name, as they begin calling him that as he walks past. Making his way over to where Zure and Corvo are, Ryan sets up his sleeping bag and gets in.

Around: Redrobinwing Redrobinwing Literally Batman Literally Batman

Azure Hurricane Maddox

"I'm always looking forward to a fight, so tomorrow sounds like it's going to be a good day. I still can't help but wonder what's going on with partners and teams, though."

Zure's attention was drawn away by two things- the white-haired girl she had seen from the airship, who had sat near them and waved, a motion that Zure reciprocated, what appeared to be a mob gathering around Ryan and a gargantuan redhead. The fight was apparently very one-sided, as Ryan seemed to be rubbing...kitty gloves? Yes, kitty gloves, against the guy. Eventually, as would be anticipated by having cat gloves rubbed on you by the guy you're trying to beat up, his group started to ridicule him before Ryan came over and sat near them.

"How are you two doing?" Zure asked the two, before directing her attention over to the white-haired girl. "I don't think we've met before, by the way. Zure Maddox. Nice to meet'cha."

Redrobinwing Redrobinwing Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia eggyulks eggyulks

Angie C. Netherstorm

It's been a delightful day for Angie. Especially upon touchdown on Beacon for the first time. Angie was overwhelmed by Beacon's grand beauty, everything from the building's design to the interesting people walking around. Angie was glad that she gets to study off Atlas for the first time. Beacon academy was a dream come true for Angie. She always wanted to show the world that she is just as capable as her older and healthiet brothers and sisters. People around her had their doubts but Angie well aware that she would be very mistreated, especially in Beacon's environment. Angie was glad that she had made her first friend in Beacon, Ryan. Her first impressions with him was a big misunderstanding but it all worked out fine in the end. Ryan was nice enough to assist her around the campus. He helped her get around crowds faster, assist her on stairs, push her wheelchair for efficient saving of energy and even carry her luggage which was just a light grey travelbag that doesn't seem to weigh too much, seems like she only took a few stuff with her. Angie felt comfortable around Ryan, so comfortable she forgot to tell her name to him.

Ryan left her in time to the part where she can take care of things herself. Angie kindly thanked him as she went all alone again. Later that day. There was a big orientation where the headmaster, Ozpin. Introduced himself and what the rest should expect from the academy. Angie eagerly listened to Ozpin with her gentle smile. She could her the future huntresses next to her, whispering bad things about her but she simply pretended that she did not heard it. This kind of treatment was something she expected but she took the risks. Angie was determined to do her part for beacon. After the huge speech. It was dinner time. She ate with the rest but she only picked a few food since she has slight allergies to some food like crusteceans and peanuts. Angie has a unique diet that seperates her from others.

Later that night. Angie had quite a rather tough time at the minute. She never thought she would needed a little boost from someone again. Angie rolled downed the halls after she just went to the restroom to change into her black night gown. Without assistance things usually take longer for her. Angie continued to find a perfect spot to sleep safely. Angie's IV was running low too. If it is not replaced for another few minutes then she might face trouble She has a extra IV as a replacement in her luggage. Out of nowhere, she heard a whistling melody echoing through the halls. Angie's curiosity got the best of her, thus she followed the whistling melody. Angie picked up her pace and sped up o catch them. She didn't know it was coming from a lad. She saw the young man whistling down the hallway. She wanted to talk to him about something. "Umm, Excuse me? Umm, hello?" Angie called out gently towards the boy. She didn't want to speed up for the engine roars louder every time she speeds up. She went for a gentle call instead of a yell since she doesn't want to cause another commotion. Angie contienued to follow the well dressed boy, she won't stop till she gets his attention.

Mythee Mythee

Faraday stopped in his tracks at the gentle sound of a girl's voice, and turned to see- ah, yes, he had spotted her earlier on the airship. Not that he had expected her to be a fellow student; those accepted into Beacon had to graduate from the top fighting schools from around the world, and one would normally assume to find this frail-looking girl among civilians, far from the front lines. But there she had been, easy to spot in a crowd due to her wheelchair at both the headmaster's speech and the reception feast. It was past time to believe her to be anything else than a student, wasn't it? He found himself immediately flustered at the magnitude of his own ignorance, questions buzzing around in his head.

"Hello there. How can I help y- oh, nevermind, I see the problem." A quick glance was enough for him to tell that her IV was running low, prompting Faraday to approach her. He nearly unhooked her current bag without asking permission first, pausing as an afterthought. He was perhaps a little too trigger happy when it came to fixer-upping. "Shall I do the honors? Where is the replacement fluid?"

Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

dYK4gyR.png
Aegis had spent an inordinate amount of time drying her hair post-dinner, so she had missed the apparently short lived scuffle and subsequent naming. She twisted the mass length of her hair swiftly into a nautilus bun, tendrils framing her pale, freckled face. Aegis found herself standing in a doorway, noting familiar faces both down the hall and within the room. The group inside were ones she had briefly met on the flight; she nearly stepped towards them, eager to further their acquaintences, when she hesitated, blue-green eyes staring down the hall. The wheelchair girl was in the student building? Curious. And speaking to-- wait a second, she knew that tell-tale ponytail and outdatedly classic fashion anywhere.

Swivling on the heel of her boots, Aegis flounced down the hall to where the duo stood-- or rather, one stood and the other sat at the mercy of such an engineer. "I do believe you are supposed to receive medical instruction before performing medical tasks." Aegis quipped to the young man, quirking a brow at him with a bemused expression, "I hope my cousin has not troubled you, miss..?"

Mythee Mythee Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

Lillium Pendragon

As Lilli settled down with her sleeping bag, a slight commotion drew her attention to the middle of the room. where the boy who was talking to the girl in a wheelchair earlier that day in the aircraft stood in between a throng of rather mean looking students. Lilli couldn't really hear the exchange going on, but it's clear that the white-haired boy is standing up for something against them. The incident concluded with said boy rubbing his adorable kitty-cat gloves all over the bigger boy, and the beaten boy stomping away angrily.

What a way to handle bullies, Lilli thought. She herself would probably have exploded on the bigger boy and possibly have him thrown out of the window.

The white-haired boy made his way to where she and the other two rested, a cheeky grin on his face, which Lilli responded with a smirk of her own.

"How are you two doing?" The girl with the eyepatch asked. "I don't think we've met before, by the way. Zure Maddox. Nice to meet'cha."

"I'm doing fine, thank you. I'm Lillium Pendragon, but please, just call me Lilli."

Mood : Amused
Speaking to : Zure Literally Batman Literally Batman
Around : Corvo Redrobinwing Redrobinwing & Orion Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

Angie C. Netherstorm

The boy turned around towards her upon being called to his attention. Angie was surprised of the boy's appearance, better yet his face. The dude has like large spectacles over face, making his eyes hard to see through hers. Angie didn't seem to find the boy's attire odd since almost everybody in beacon looks very unique on their own. What stood out to Angie's impression to him is his nerdy like nature and his over the top strange attitude. Angi was still glad that she got his attention. Better than most peeps she met, she was always shrugged off. Offering help from other's was no walk in the park. Angie was thankful. The boy's behaviour is oddand very uncomfortable to her. Angie had a discomfort and forced smile. Angie played it cool and nice as she didn't want to hyrt his feeling and start trouble, especially around this hour. He was kinda all up on her face and just invaded her rather large personal space. She couldn't speak up to the boy due to how fast he talks. Angie was forced to move her own frail hands to stop him from grabbing her IV bag without permission. Luckily for Angie the well dressed boy stopped for a brief moment to ask her where the fluids are, even though he already has his hands on the bag. Unfortunately, Angie was to late too answer, swiftly. Angie was so caught off guard that she can hardly speak for herself

This time, there is more time to think of an answer to such simple question. Angie unzips her travel bag to show the boy the replacement flyid. Angie cannot speak for the boy for some reason. Out of nowhere! A tall and beautiful, blue haired girlcovered in freckles on her dace came to her in between them. Angie felt a little confortable with another presence of another person. Angie pulled out the extra bag for the boy to replace. Angie was more of talking directly to the girl rather than the boy. "Oh, umm yes. I'm fine, thank you. Also by the way this is the bag. Place it carefully, okay?" Angie's tone was polite and sweet. Almost similar to how a elderly woman talks to her grandchildren. Angie handed the fresh and full IV fluid bag to the boy with great care. "Oh isee! You're both cousins. That's nice. He is really nice that he is able to help me with my IV. My actual problem is that where can i get a good spot around for ther rest of the night? My small IV problem is just a secondary problem." Angie politely talked to the turquoise haired girl rather than the guy. Angie did her best to be kind to her and her cousin.

Mythee Mythee Nevina Nevina

F-hehe.png
Faraday didn't notice Angie's lack of eye contact, since he was preoccupied with examining the instructions printed on the IV bag. "Splendid, there it is, thank you." He took the new bag that was presented to him, then glanced to the side where his cousin was indeed flouncing right up to them. Having attended the same fighting school prior to this, he was well-accustomed to her presence somewhere in his vicinity... though he had a tendency to be too embroiled in his own works to have spent much time actively socializing with her or her group of friends. Unbothered by her comment, he knew that she didn't really lack faith in his ability to perform this small task.

"Good evening to you, Aegis- and nonsense, these instructions are very clear and concise. I am only lacking for sterile gloves, but watch-" He flipped the sterile plastic envelope that had contained the IV bag inside-out on his hand, equipping it as a glove, then in a quick and deft series of motions, perfectly switched out the girl's bag for the new one as if he had practiced it many times before. "-All's well that ends well." He patted the correctly set up IV drip holder lightly, satisfied with his work and maybe pondering some mechanical improvements to the system.

"Do call on me anytime until your injuries are healed, miss...? We never did introduce ourselves. Darling cousin Aegis," He gestured to his extended family member first, then curtsied slightly as he introduced himself- "-and myself, Faraday."

Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Nevina Nevina

Last edited:
3SoQr58.png
"As expected!" Aegis laughed as Faraday successfully completed his mission with ingenuity. While they hadn't socialized to the degree of becoming friends, her cousin always managed to leave an impression. She gave a little curtsy upon being introduced, adding a cheeky wink at the end of it as she waited for the girl to share her own name. "Pleased to meet you!"

Having failed to reach the same conclusion Faraday had much earlier, Aegis was still pondering why a hospital patient was seeking lodging in the student quarters. Perhaps the clinic was currently unavailable? It seemed rather dangerous to let the girl out without a nurse, given the situation it had led to. Regardless, she was certainly ready to lend her aid, "I'm sure we can find a spot for you! Let us take a look!"

Upon this proclamation, she turned boldly back to where the other students were settling in, strutting forward with an air of adventure. Peering over her shoulder at Faraday, she merrily quipped, "I hadn't realized you would be attending the illustrious Beacon! I suppose you'll be finding some task or other to keep you occupied quite quickly here. Perhaps we can all share lunch together tomorrow, so that I might see your lovely face more often this year. And you as well, if you've no other appointments!" She added at the end, looking to Angie with a warm smile.

"Oh, this spot looks decent." Angie paused mid-step, turning to speak to two new-found neighboring students to ask for a bit more space, which they relinquished, one with quiet generosity, the other with a sniff. "Alrighty then! I suppose we should prepare for tomorrow?"

Mythee Mythee Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

A snow-haired girl sat in a corner not too far from Zure and Corvo, saying nothing but giving a small wave in greeting. He reciprocated the gesture but kept quiet too. It seemed like they were starting to form their own little group, which was probably good since everyone else seemed to be doing the same.

A few voices that were just within earshot caught Corvo's attention. A few students were making fun of him, Zure, and a few other students, but he didn't pay them much attention. Maybe if they weren't fellow students he might have gone up and said something, but it just wasn't really worth it. The wheelchair jokes were a bit much though, that made him visibly frown a bit and nearly got him to give them a piece of his mind. Before he could though, he spotted a rather amusing interaction between a white-haired student and one of the arrogant kids. At first, it seemed like a fight was brewing between them, which he would definitely have intervened in, but things took a bit of an unexpected turn. The shorter of the two had spoken to Zure a bit on the airship if he recalled correctly, but what really caught Corvo's attention was the cat gloves that he was wearing. A bit weird to wear them to school, but it was funny nonetheless.

Once the situation ended with the bully stomping off in shame, Corvo couldn't help but chuckle in amusement. He appreciated the white-haired kid's strategy of mocking his opponent; it reminded him of something he'd do. When the student came over, Corvo smirked and held up his hand for a high-five. "Nice one, but I would have gone with 'Cat got your tongue?' instead."

eggyulks eggyulks Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

Ryan high-fived Corvo and then settled into his sleeping bag. When the white haired girl introduced herself as Lili. Ryan offered his name in response. Then he turned back to Corvo and shrugged. "I think giving him the McMeowMeow title worked well enough" Said Ryan as he stared at the moon. Tomorrow he would have to display his full range of abilities if he wanted to prove he had a place here. Ryan gripped the edges of his sleeping bag, causing his gloves to mew. "What do you think they'll have us to tomorrow. Think it'll be dangerous?" Ryan asked Zure and Lili, they seemed to be the smartest.

eggyulks eggyulks Literally Batman Literally Batman

Angie C. Netherstorm

With Faraday's success on attaching her New IV, she felt more glad as the fluid flows through the tube the through her veins. It's going last till tomorrow. Angie gave a small bow to Faraday to show her gratitude. Her friendly smile was more comfortable than earlier. She was still trying to understand the boy's behavior. She might have already guessed how he be haves but Angie is not of the people who quickly judges people. Angie felt a little down when Faraday mentioned her condition but it was clearly overshadowed by the cousin's self-introduction. She smiled upon the two. Angie was is very simple minded and she can tell that these two are gonna be good friends of hers. She kept both names in mind in case if she forgets too soon. "Nice to meet you! Aegis and Faraday! Nice to meet you!" Angie smiled as she gave her positive vibes to the two. "Oh, i almost forgot to introduce myself! I'm sorry." Angie had tilted her head slightly to her left as she chuckled weakly in embarrassment.

"My name is Angie, Angie C. Netherstorm! Please to meet you both! <3"

Angie probably dropped the most gentle tone ever recorded in the history of remnant. Angie was glad that she met them both. Who knew that there were still kind peeps around Beacon despite what happened earlier. "But my family calls me Angie, you can call me that too!" Angie simply just smiled across the whole moment, letting the two lead her. Angie did her best to slow down in the halls since her electric engines goes louder and louder every time she increases her speed, she doesn't want to bother the other students. She somehow kept a little quiet. Those who have strong hearing can hear Angie's motorized wheelchair rolling by. Aegis finally found a good spot where they can all rest peacefully. "Thank you, Aegis! I'll see you guys tomorrow then. Make sure to good a good night rest, okay?" Angie finally parked her buzzing wheelchair in place that could be a good sleeping spot for others. Angie placed her travel bag form her lap to the left side of the wheelchair and took out one of those travelling neck pillows that can be used anywhere. Angie doesn't seem to have a a sleeping bag. "Well, good night." Angie said before wrapping her grey colored neck pillow that has her first name sewed in cursive in a pink yarn/thread, Angie pulled a small grey lever that was located near the right wheel. This was the emergency brakes for her wheelchair. It prevents her from rolling away by accident. Her wheelchair has more weight than it's regular counterparts but Angie just uses it for extra safety. She turned the engines off with a flick of a switch that is hardly noticeable in one of the armrest panels. Nobody knows where off switch is except Angie. Angie rested her head as she slowly snoozed off to sleep. Angie is not a fast sleeper, so one might still be able to talk to her even though her dead silver eyes are closed.

Mythee Mythee Nevina Nevina

F_hmm.png
"Our pleasure, Angie." Faraday smiled peaceably, charmed by Angie's enthusiastic greeting. Though he had wanted to check out the Academy common workshop- which he had been assured did exist, he supposed that it was late enough to retire to bed. He didn't yet operate on a schedule; first, the curriculum and class times would need to be established.
They arrived to the huge room where the first night at Beacon's fabled mass student sleepover was to take place.
"...Dear goodness." Faraday was surprised to see topless boys walk by in the same room as girls- really, no sense of modesty or consideration for the sensibilities of others! He almost moved to shield Angie's eyes (as sibling to so many brothers, Aegis had seen it all, so she wasn't like to be bothered)- but the new classmate was quick to wheel over to a wall and set up for bed without noticing the shameless boys around her. The poor dear was probably tired from a long and strenuous day.

"Well, then." He pondered retiring himself, but looking around the room, Faraday really saw no space among the disarray of sleeping bags that looked... comfortably private. He spun on his heels to face Aegis and let a curled fist drop decisively into the cupped palm of his other hand.
"I think... I'm going to set up a tent!" He declared, rather pleased with the idea. "Let me get my things."
A moment after he left, he was back, the other two of his three large bags with him. Pulling his work tarp out- a little dusty, mind you- a flick of his wrists was enough to deploy it, and it fell neatly over the arrangement he'd made using chairs weighed down by his heavy tool-laden duffel bags.
A pillow here, a little candle here, a journal to sketch up some wheelchair-related mechanism ideas he had there, and... all set.

Nevina Nevina Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

Everyone Everyone else 'cause we're all in the same room now x'D

Last edited:
dYK4gyR.png
"I bet if we hang up some blankets it'll help insulate the sound a lit--" Aegis paused when she looked back over her shoulder, realizing that Angie had promptly fell asleep. Amazed at the girl's ability to sleep at a moment's notice, Aegis wondered if such a super power was her semblance. She joked with herself, but recognized it was more likely that the sickly girl was exhausted from the day. Aegis herself was able to sleep quickly, given the rowdy nature of her own home life where sleep was a commodity not to be taken lightly. One learned to catch snatches of shut-eye when one can. "Huh. Well. Let us know if you need anything!" She whispered at the sleeping girl. Hopefully whatever clinic she attended would better care for her on the morrow.

Aegis turned back to peer at her cousin, a bemused smirk etching itself across her lips, "A tent, huh? You'll need a rather vertical one so as not to impede on others' space." She watched the tent popup with little surprise; of course he actually had one. "You should invite me in for a cup of tea." Aegis's tone of voice was as polite as if she was the one offering, "But first, I see a couple familiar faces. Would you care to join me in greeting them?"

She paused a moment as she considered the time and their momentous first day, then shook her head, "Ah, perhaps next time. You must surely accompany me then! But for now I suppose sleep is in order." Aegis sought her own encampment made earlier, wherein she snuggled cozily into the blankets she had brought. They smelled like home.

Last edited:
Lillium Pendragon

Lilli watched as the two boys high-fived each other. With the other boy- Ryan, as he introduced himself- here, the little corner's starting to feel like a group. Maybe she'll make friends here, and be lucky enough to be in a group with any one of them. Zure looked like a tough girl, something she appreciated. Corvo, too, looked like he can handle a fight very well. And Ryan, with the show of agility he did when he danced around the bully, is sure to be a good fighter- better than the bully, at the very least.

At the corner of her vision, she sees a bespectacled, rather nerdy looking boy set up a tarp, flicking his watch and with a loud POOF! -a tent burst up like a mushroom after the rain. A gadgeteer genius, then? Lilli wondered, but paid little attention to the spectacle as Ryan asked her and Zure a question. "What do you think they'll have us to tomorrow. Think it'll be dangerous?"

"Hm," Lilli mumbled, putting her thumb and finger to her chin in a thinking pose. "I do think it'll be dangerous, but not so much as to endanger our lives. We're going for a dangerous profession, after all. Maybe, a simulation? Fighting captured Grimm?"

Mood : Amused
Speaking To : Orion Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia , Zure Literally Batman Literally Batman , Corvo Redrobinwing Redrobinwing
Around : Everyone else in the hall.

Stumbling off of the bus and into the building, Lash shook out his hair and looked around. Of course, given that he'd arrived much later than everyone else, he decided that he'd find his way to where the most people were, which was of course, the great hall. Walking into the giant room, Lash kept his aviators on, as to not reveal his race yet. He sighed and smiled to himself. Time for a whole new life. He thought, and began his walk to a nice little corner, where he thought he'd find the least amount of trouble.

eggyulks eggyulks Literally Batman Literally Batman Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

Azure Hurricane Maddox

"Maybe something like that..." Zure couldn't help but ponder what would happen at the initiation. She gently slid into her sleeping bag. "I'm not the type to try and end the party quickly, but I'd love to get some sleep, if you don't mind. I'll see you in the morning."

Soon, sleep came about her, lulling her off into the land of Nod. It would refresh her mind and body, leaving her prepared for the dangers of the initiation.

One timeskip after a delicious breakfast and basic morning chores later
Zure stood at the edge of Beacon Cliff. It had only been 10 minutes prior that the announcement had been spoken, but it felt like a lifetime. Zure stood on a peculiar metal platform, with ample space to stand on but not do much else. She had donned a dark blue jacket and a red-and-gold crop top, as well as a pair of black tights and matching boots with gold laces.

Ozpin was there as well, along with a woman with a blonde bun and a pair of spectacles and a riding crop. The headmaster was holding a cup of coffee.

"Students of Beacon, you have trained for this day for many years, and it is now that your abilities will be evaluated. Before I continue with the assignment, I thought I'd clear up a minor issue. Teams. You will all be grouped into teams of 4."

That wasn't really new info. Zure knew of the 4-person teams that all the Academies created.

"Today."

Oh.

"Your team will be permanent, and will be kept for the next four years, so you ought to pick somebody you're compatible with. Each team will be made out of 2 partnerships joined together. Again, your partner will be a permanent choice, so choose wisely."

Zure looked around. Who would be a good partner for her? Corvo seemed nice, so did Ryan and Lillith, and there was a cool dude with shades she was the other day, and...

"By the way, the first person you make eye contact with is your partner."

Ozpin seemed to be enjoying the looks of fear on the students's face.

"Onto your assignment. Once you get into the forest, move quickly northwards. The forest is loaded with Grimm of varying sizes and abilities. Do not hesitate to destroy them, or they will destroy you. And if they destroy you, it is needless to say that you will die."

Ozpin was completely monotone when he said this.

"Upon reaching the northern end, you should find a group of relics. Take a relic and move to the coordinates sent to your Scrolls. We will be watching your performance and evaluating accordingly. Those relics will determines your teams, so pick wisely."

Zure cracked her neck. It sounded like fun.

One poor student raised his hand. "Professor, how will we get into the forest? We're on a cliff."

Ozpin laughed like the kid just said the stupidest thing imaginable. "You will be launched from these pads. Good luck on the landings, by the way. See you at the pick-up point...or not."

Students then began to be launched off the springboard pads, into the forest at high velocities with little time to prepare.

Ozpin sipped his coffee.

Wheeeee!
Zure felt the wind in her ponytail as she soared through the forest. Eventually, she began to plummet downwards, but luckily Unchained Glory was already out. She revved the chainsword and plunged it into a tree, blade first. The spinning weapon stuck right in, cutting the tree in the process and slicing it slowly as it carried her down.

Zure turned to look. "Find a partner, get to the ruins. Easy-peasy."

That was a severe understatement.

Zure and Corvo
Ryan and Lillith
Angie and Faraday
Aegis and Lash
Redrobinwing Redrobinwing Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia eggyulks eggyulks Slim Intoxicado Slim Intoxicado Nevina Nevina Mythee Mythee Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

icWtBvE.png
Aegis was well honed at speed eating and had finished their luxurious breakfast before most her peers. She used her free hour to prepare herself mentally for the day, observing the other students and the campus grounds with bottled excitement. The freckled girl then spent some time with her gear, checking that everything was clean and in working order, pondering about tinkering and making changes to her vambraces. Finally satisfied, she meandered back to the group and found herself herded off campus with the rest of the new students, lined up on cliff-edge platforms while taking in the new information introduced by their renowned headmaster. Huh, so far it didn't seem too ba-AAAAHHHDD?!

Suddenly airborne, the surge of adrenaline and surprise fed her flailing limbs as she re-oriented herself, a laugh escaping her lips as she realized they were given quite a lovely view of the lush green forest. As she reached the apex, pale fingers flicked and a flash of light blossomed before her, thin sigils of her glyph glowing in the air. One foot landed gingerly on it; the glyph absorbed her force, allowing her to hop off and continue her momentum at an easier pace. Another flash of light, and Aegis descended one step at a time as if gliding down a staircase of light. Twigs crunched underfoot as she stepped off onto the soft dirt carpet of the forest. "Salutations!" She declared merrily at the forest as insects and critters scurried away at the noise. Obtain partner, obtain relic, obtain team. Right! Welcome to their first day as Beacon students!

Lash kept himself calm as he was flung into the air, holding tightly onto his rope darts. At about a hundred feet into the air, Lash swung one of the darts into the forest, which latched itself around a tree branch, hooking on tight. just before he was about to hit the ground, Lash held on tightly to the chain, which swung him forward. Retracting the chain, Lash flew forward and rolled onto the ground, without taking a scratch.

Standing up and getting his bearings, he looked around for any notable landmarks, but he found none. He decided the best course of action would be to start walking until he either found someone else, found a relic, or died - Although he preferred it be one of the first two.

Miraculously, through the fall, Lash's sunglasses had stayed on, allowing him to be able to see clearly. Because he had the eyes of a snake, he actually had the ability to see thermally, like snakes can. He scanned his surroundings for any significant heat signatures that would show life, but to no avail. However, when he looked down, he did see a small Copperhead by his feet. He kneeled down and took of his sunglasses, and began speaking to the snake in Parseltongue.

"Kkhhassiatiet.. Serahitianeeh..."

The snake raised its head and slithered towards him, nudging his shoe and flicking its tongue.

Lash let down his hand, and the snake slithered on top of it, calmly laying on his arm.

However, unbeknownst to him, he'd landed by someone else, who just might've seen him befriend the snake.

Nevina Nevina

Corvo let the students around him do the rest of the talking for the night. He was enjoying his music and figured that, no matter what the initiation was, they'd all be able to handle it. Once Zure went to bed, more and more students seemed to follow, and while he stayed up quite a while after almost everyone else had gone to bed, he eventually did manage to fall asleep with his earphones on.

Everyone was lead to the edge of Beacon Cliff, a landmark that Corvo had seen quite a few times, but had never been able to actually visit. Multiple square platforms were scattered along the cliff's edge, which offered a clue as to how things would get started. A smirk fell onto the young hunter's face, but he decided against saying anything, and simply listened to the headmaster's speech.

The four-man teams were no surprise, and neither really was the fact that they'd be formed today. Initiation seemed like the best time to do it, especially since everyone would be forced to work together through some sort of dangerous scenario. Making eye contact with your partner, though, was a weird method to choose partners considering just how random it was. But again, not much of a big deal. Corvo stole a glance at his fellow students in an attempt to find a few that he wouldn't mind being partnered with. Zure was definitely a candidate, she seemed confident and intelligent, probably good in a fight too. He appreciated Ryan's sense of humor, and Lillium seemed like she'd be fun to tease.

Ozpin's next few words, about the potential for death, almost drew a laugh out of the young man. Several students seemed mortified by the prospect, and a few seemed ready to turn back, but before anyone could, the launch pads activated and started sending people on their marry way. Corvo was one of the last ones to go, and just before he was sent off, he gave a wink and a cool wave to the rest of his students.

"Woah! Yeah!" Corvo's excitement was palpable as he flew through the air at an intense speed. While he had the aerial view, he scoped things out as best he could, seeing a stone structure in the distance that was probably where they were heading. The forest looked beautiful from so far up, though he did see a few grimm scatted throughout the area. Still, it was pretty great to be shooting through the sky. As he reached the maximum height of his slight, he placed his hands behind his head and smiled to himself as he began his descent towards the forest.

Corvo cheered in joy as he headed for a nearby grouping of trees. For his landing, he whipped out his sword, twisted around, and sliced through the first tree to slow his momentum, doing the same motion again for the second tree, and finally planted his sword into a tree that had long ago fallen over, cutting through it and using it to come to a halt. A fast-paced rock song was playing through his earphones and only made the experience that much more fun. Once he'd finally landed on solid ground, he pulled his sword out of the tree and stretched a bit. "Too easy."

Now that he had finally landed, he sheathed his sword, dusted his hands off, and looked around. Didn't look like there was anyone around, and he couldn't see any grimm, which meant his only objective was to head north.

Last edited:
Ryan had slept wonderfully last night. He dreamt of fluffy kittens rubbing themselves against his body as he lay on grassy field with rainbows overhead. When he woke up, he found the morning sun hit him in the face. From there his morning routine consisted of showering and going over his regular body-care routine. Of course he had to remove his prosthetic arm. Showering with it could be rather uncomfortable. However had showered with it on and with water from a stream, so his standards were flexible. Ryan donned his regular attire and strapped his sword to his back in its usual spot. Hidden inside his coat was Checkered Spade, his high-powered revolver. To be safe for whatever test Beacon threw at him. Ryan equipped his arm with the Grapple Hand, Gravity Lifter and Crowd Shock augmentations. Then he made his way out to follow the rest of the crowd...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryan listened contently to the explanation given by Ozpin and was oddly unsurprised at the brutal honesty exhibited by the otherwise quirky Headmaster. His mother would frequently remind him that one wrong move could end in death, sometimes PAINFUL death. Ryan had the details of the mission down. He had to find a partner, who could be ANYONE. Then they had to obtain a relic, which could be ANYTHING. After which they would be grouped into teams. Ryan scratched his chin as he wondered who he'd be teamed with. Better yet, who would his partner be? Ryan hoped for someone pleasant, then he wouldn't feel like drawing his gun every time they spoke.

As he was launched into the air like a bolt from a ballista, Ryan realized that Beacon had odd testing methods. Soaring over the trees, Ryan tried to find a good place to land. Breaking into a somersault, Ryan attempted to land on a tree branch. However he came in with too much force and just broke the branch. Landing on something sharp, Ryan felt an immense pain in his stomach. Bleeding onto the ground, Ryan triggered his Semblance. Grabbing the large pointed rock formation that had injured him, Ryan shattered it to free himself. Staring at his wound, Ryan watched as it quickly sealed up and disappeared. Deactivating his Semblance, Ryan wondered how he'd get the blood stains out of his shirt...

Angie C. Netherstorm
The handicapped Huntress

Angie was close to actual sleep that night. Aegis whispered to her ear and she gave a little smile as she slowly fell into deep sleep. Angie is quite a fast sleeper. She slept peacefully like a baby through the night. Her luggage bag was on her lap as she slept while sitting. A rather strange way to rest and call it a day. One will know that she can pretty much take a snooze anywhere as long as she is in her wheelchair.

Next morning...

Angie was one of the earlier students to wake up on the school campus. She was indeed the first one to sleep, so waking up early is no surprise. She took advantage of her early morning time to go change her sleeping attire to her simple white dress she wore yesterday and placed the travel bag into it's designated spot. Angie always takes so long to change outfits since she is wheelchair-bound, making things harder for her. Back in Atlas she is always assisted either by her fellow family members or a nurse, but for now she does it all alone. She could have at least ask for assistance from her other fellow female friends but she finds it kinda rude to just wake them up just to ask them to hold her bag and clothes. She took solong in the bathroom that when she came out. It was already breakfast. She didn't realized how long she spent her time getting changed. She quickly rolled her wheelchair to the designated eating area to eat. She was a slow eater, gently gnawing on her food. Not that there is anything wrong with her meal. It's just that she is just has the habit on eating slow. Angie didn't spot her new-found friends or better yet her future teammates since she separated from them earlier this morning. She was seated with other students she has no interest of. Luckily for her, they seem to be nice enough to let her eat in peace.

Moving on to the next activity to be done for today. It was a some kind of test that Angie has heard of but never really took seriously. The glance of other students came to her, probably wondering why she is there. To watch? To Facilitate? No, she is also a future huntress in training. This was a give away since Angie parked her wheelchair in the very last spring panel due to arriving late in the scene. Doubts and tension were already in the air and Angie was feeling it too. She can feel the pressure but she made her decision and mentally prepared herself long ago. This was the day she was waiting for. This very moment as Ozpin orients everyone. Angie had a nervous smile, much similar to the other students. Angie was a bit anxious on what they are about to do. Angie was fine with the whole first-eye-contact-is-your-partner thing and the fact that she might not survive this very dangerous event but what she was not mentally prepared for was, being tossed of the cliff the cliff and get to the other side to get some strange relics. Angie's eyes widened in surprise. Can Ozpin not see the fact that she literally bound to her wheelchair? Angie thought that Ozpin must be sick in the head to think that she is going to survive this. It was her idea in the first place to join anyway, so the fault is on her.

"So wait, ummm... We're really getting launched off one by one? As in like, midair?" Angie asked nervously to the headmaster. Before Angie could receive his answer. A fellow student she has seen before, a blonde girl who wore a blue jacket was launched off to the air at tremendous speed. Angie's jaw dropped as she watched the girl get tossed off the air, further into the forest in a distance. Angie slowly turned her head towards the headmaster. her face looked so worried. Seems like the answer is already at her face.

"Oh, ummm... I see. Ummm... Uh... It may seem like a strange request but... Umm..." Angie's voice sounded worried and dry as she tried to express her thoughts against the whole idea of launching students off into a deadly forest full of Grimm. Little did she know another student has yet again gone airborne, falling towards the forest. "Uh... C-can i just have another way of being deployed out there? L-like just roll down this steep cliff very fast or something?" Angie was clearly protesting against being launched off. She is clearly looking for an excuse to not participate.

"Umm... Can we just talk this t-through? I-i wa-wanna be excused just for today, please?" Angie's voice was now trembling. She can hardly speak for herself. She is literally trying her best to convince Ozpin to her pass. Angie's stress levels were increasing as she saw the others flying off one by one. Her fingers were twiddling against each other and her forehead starts to sweat. Her eyes are literally calling for help and begging for mercy at this moment. The worst part of it all is hearing the lauch sound going closer and closer made Angie realized that becoming a huntress in training was one of the worst choices she have made in her life. "Headmaster? I-i don't think that this will work out for me. I just don't know how to land this thing. so can i pl-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!" And there she goes... Flying across the sky at incredible speed...

While being tossed off into the sky due to the catapult effect of the launch pads. Angie screamed in full terror while gliding off to the sky. She screamed like there is no tomorrow. Hysterically screaming for her life as if she rode a roller coaster and the end of the ride the prize is death. Angie closed her eyes and held on to her dear life my grabbing the chair's arm rests. She clearly has no idea how she will land safely. She didn't control her landing and she was falling more quickly than the others. Her eyes were closed during the whole launch. She was scared of the situation she is in and hoped that luck will be on her side today. She thought she saw her own life flash before her eyes but it was just clearly an exaggeration. "I always wanted to fly on my own but i didn't mean it in this waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy!!!" Angie's non-stop high pitched screaming could clearly attract Grimm from down below. In fact it doesn't sound like screaming it's more like screeching.

Angie soon landed on the forest grounds, her wheelchair at least. Angie had the most rough landing ever. Her wheelchair was the first to come in impact of everything in her path. The wheels snapped a couple of tree branches off of their trees. These branches helped Angie land a bit less rough as they tried to decrease the momentum of the wheelchair. Ath this moment she is still covering her eyes but now with her hands. She knew she reached the ground but she just didn't want to look until the wheelchair comes to a complete stop. Angie made it! Into a tree branch of a tree... For some reason during her landing. She hardly noticed that she was now separated from her own wheelchair. Angie opened her eyes only to realize that she is clearly sitting in a top of a rather strong tree branch, down below here is her undamaged wheelchair. How she got up there is a pure mystery but the bigger trouble is that she is separated from her only form of transportation and weapon to fight against the deadly Grimm.

"H-Huh!? I'm alive!? And in one piece!" Angie slowly opened her eyes to see that she is still alive and breathing. She scratched her head on why the view of the forest looks so high and why her seat feels different. She looked down to the ground only to find out she is way up and she is in fact sitting on a tree branch "Uwa!? H-how did i get stuck up here!? How did i even got up here!?" Angie panicked, constantly messing her own short white hair and panting heavily. The wheel chair is just exact right below her. All she has to do is drop herself and land on it. Easier said than done. Angie had doubts and thought that the risk of missing the target could really hurt her badly or even kill her, besides it's a long way down. She is afraid of heights which is sad since her life is hanging by a tree branch. The tree branch looks rather strong but if she stay there for too long the Grimm might come for here. Angie released a little shout for help, almost a scream before she covered it with her own hands. She realized that the Grimm could be close by, yet she wanted help. She thought of an idea to use her most trusty tool in dire situations like this, Solar flare. Her Flare gun. She always had it holstered on her right pouch on her dress. "Let's just do this the old fashion way." Angie drew her flare gun which was already loaded with a flare round and took her shot into the sky. She pointed it upwards for the rest can see. A orange glowing flare flew in the sky. Anyone looking up towards the sky cannot miss it maybe a little though. "I hope somebody saw that. >-<" Angie hoped that someone will reach out for her for she really got herself in a bad scenario. She hugged the tree trunk tightly like a scared kitten, her eyes closed hoping that help will arrive.

qafDSmm.png
Aegis stood in the dappled light, the glow shifting across pale skin as it filtered through the canopies. There was no saying how long she had stood there and what she might have witnessed, given that she wore her trademarked smile.

"Well met, fellow student!" She greeted warmly, her tone wholly unconcerned despite the fact that they were in the middle of a Grimm-ridden forest, and also despite the fact that there was a snake on the boy's arm. Did it count as eye contact if she only saw his glasses? She leaned forward, looking up at him from a low angle, then stood on her tippy toes, observing him from a high angle. Close enough. "I suppose that makes us partners!"

Her attention on this newfound student, she missed seeing the flare in the distance behind them. Instead, Aegis held out a hand in greeting, then switched which hand she was offering when she remembered the snake on the arm, "Please call me Aegis!" Slim Intoxicado Slim Intoxicado

Lash jumped a bit when the blue-haired girl approached him, making the snake hiss and slither off. "No-- Come back.." He sighed and stood up straight. "Lash.." He responded, a bit angrily, and shook her hand with a very tight grip. He put his glasses back on and cracked his neck. So, this airhead is my partner? Wonderful. "You should be a little quieter, so we don't attract any beasties." Lash suggested, looking around.

After a second of gathering himself, he decided to start walking through the forest without saying a word, with his stride implying, 'keep up or I leave you behind.'

Nevina Nevina

3SoQr58.png
"If I'm any quieter, I might scare you again!" Aegis laughed easily, unperturbed by Lash's attitude, her casual stride easily setting her side-by-side with the sullen boy, "I am sorry your friend departed, though. Anyways, we'll have beasties near us soon regardless; our launch was certainly no hidden affair after all." She chuckled again, then continued, "But, as you know, Beacon doesn't take just any student, so I'm fairly confident that whoever we team up with will be able to handle themselves too!"

She merrily hopped across a tree root without pause as she spoke, "Given our current pace, I think if we angle a bit more left we'll hit a clearing after walking a while longer yet." Given that her descent had been a slower paced one, she was able to get a casual layout of the land. Despite this knowledge, she worried that Lash would be stubborn like her brothers and trudge forever forward if she didn't clearly communicate to him before changing course. "I'm sure you saw it too-- It looked like there might have been stone structures too, but it was pretty far so I can't say for certain what it was. It'd be fun to investigate though! What say you?"

Slim Intoxicado Slim Intoxicado

Users who are viewing this thread

Back