• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom RWBY: Clever Title Pending

Cenedril

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The world of Remnant is a cruel place, and it's inhabitants are no different. Civilization is quick to point fingers at the Grimm, calling them monsters, demons, creatures of darkness. While they are by no means incorrect, they forget that the most terrible beings, the most wicked creations are the ones that walk among us. We lie and kill in the service of liars and killers, hiding behind whatever moral high-ground we can take. In many ways the Grimm are better than us - they do not kill out of greed, out of hatred, out of vengeance - they simply kill because they can do nothing else.

I have witnessed another heinous act that reinforces this belief, the murder of a mother and her children by an organization known as the "White Fang". While this is not a new group, their actions as of the past few months have taken a drastic turn for the worse. It once again shows that even the most virtuous creations of man, a group simply vying for equality, can be easily corrupted. That is something I am well aware of as I make this decision."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The Huntsman academies serve their purpose well, but this new organization will face foes far more terrible than any Grimm could hope to be. As the Huntsman and Huntresses of the world combat the monsters beyond the walls of our Kingdoms, I will work to destroy the ones inside them.

My recruitment for this new organization is already underway. If the White Fang seeks to light the fires of war, I will train these children to be the harsh wind to extinguish their flame, the bitter cold to sap their zeal and the boot to snuff out their ashes."

Excerpts from the journal of Headmaster Ozpin of Beacon Academy.

Hello, everyone. In standard RWBY fashion, I'm looking for three other people to fill a team of four. I'm attempting to start up an RP that takes place a few years before the events of Season 1 and will focus on our characters attempting to put an end to the White Fang, criminal organizations such as the ones we see in the show and others before they can truly rise to power. If the RP lasts long enough and our characters are successful enough, we may even put an end to the Fall of Beacon before it can truly begin. It will overall be a slightly dark RP, with violent death and a fair amount of combat. It won't be all doom and gloom, however, there'll still be silly and fun bits and possibly even a bit of roleplay at the Academy itself during the downtime in-between missions if that is of interest to anyone.

If you're interested there is a character sheet here:

Image Here
Color Theme:
Name:
Species:
Facial Features Image/Description:
Skin Color:
Eye Color & Image/Description:
Hair Color & Image/Description:
Build:
Height:
Weight:

Personality: Give a description of how your character generally acts.

Backstory: A few paragraphs at least.

Weapon:
Weapon Description:

Semblance:
Semblance Description:

Combt Outfit Image/Description:
Casual Outfit Image/Description:
Theme:
Optional
Quote: If your character had their own trailer like the RWBY girls do, what would the quote at the beginning be? Also optional.

As a note, this RP will be hosted on a different platform than this site.

If you interested/have questions, drop a comment below.

I am interested, and my apologies if this is the wrong place for the character sheets.

No picture unfortunately, not that I didn't look for something.
Color Theme: purple(a dark, rich shade)
Name: Isaac Mortuard
Species: Human
Thick eyebrows, larger then average nose and a perpetual frown. Not conventionally handsome.
Skin Color: Pale white (boardering on unhealthy pale, not delicate pale)
Eye Color & Image/Description: pale blue, always has bags under his eyes
Hair Color & Image/Description: Long, droopy brown bangs bob purposelessly to one side, while overgrown sideburns frame his face.
Build: Slim despite efforts to bulk up, but still toned.
Height: 5.8 ft
Weight: 160 lbs

Personality: Quiet but easy to anger. Despite his quick temper, Isaac isn't violent in nature. Unresponsive in conversations and generally poor in team settings.

Backstory: A profoundly uneventful childhood as an only child with few friends left a younge Isaac to dream of adventure.
Pursuing the road to Beacon has been a family ambition since the death of his great, great grandmother Sorvem Mortuard. Stories of her prowes of agility lead Isaac's grandfather, father and uncle along the path to becoming huntsmen, thought none had succeeded. All had attempted to use Sorven's weapons of choice. The OmniClaws, reconfigured from exploration grappling gear into high mobility Grimm armaments. These sleek, layered metal gloves where the embodiment of the Mortuard's legacy, and Isaac's father was eager to prime his son for the greatness he had failed to achieve.
During his time at Signal, Isaac's grades were carried my his physical aptitude alone, which was a stark contrast from his father. He excelled at solo sparing training, but found little success in team environments.

Weapon:
Omniclaws
Weapon Description: A armored set of elbow length metal gloves with retractable claws set in the fingertips that heat until glowing designed for climbing and quick jabs/swipes. The metal can feasibility be used as a 'shield' if raised in a guard stance.

Semblance: Heat conduction
Semblance Description: While Isaac cannot generate or extinguish heat, he can 'conduct' it in some manners such as deflecting or gathering large amounts. This can be used to form a sphere, circle or other shapes. In his 'signature move', Isaac can focus the heat produced by his Omniclaws into arc projectiles.

Combt Outfit Image/Description: His body armor consists of black and purple form fitting shirt and pants, lightly padded and designed for optimal mobility at the sacrifice of protection. Durable boots with climbing spikes double as uitility or weapons, while head armor is limited to a simple filtration face mask, leaving the eyes and cranium (and anime hair style) exposed.
Casual Outfit Image/Description: long-under-short sleeve shirts and worn loose fitting cargo pants of a similar color to his Combat outfit.
Theme: Not going to lie, I'm drawing a real blank for this. I'll try and come up with a theme later.
Quote: "...What does that mean?"

Last edited:
Interested, but where will the rp be, on discord? Also is there a min. paragraph requirement?

(It’s still a major WIP, I just wanted to get it out before I forgot. I’ll fix it up later when I have more time.)

Image Here:

Color Theme: Blue

Name: Alexzander Biind

Species: Cat Faunus

Facial Features Image/Description: He has a fairly average face, other than two scars across his whole face.

Skin Color: He’s a bit on the tan side but not super dark.

Eye Color & Image/Description: Light blue eyes.

Hair Color & Image/Description: Short, black hair.

Build: Skinny build with a

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 191 lbs.

Personality: Alex is quiet and very, very shy. He prefers to stay out of the spotlight and rarely speaks his mind. He always follows orders to the best of his ability and he hates letting people down.

Backstory: He was born and raised in Vacuo, where he learned to fight and hunt. He trained in Shade for a month before transferring over to Beacon to continue his education.

Weapon: Night's Glint

Weapon Description: Night's Glint is a bolt-action rifle with a built-in scope and bipod that are activated or deactivated by a small button on the side of the gun.

Semblance: Target Finder

Semblance Description: He can scan an area and see heat signatures of animals, humans, etc.

Combat Outfit Image/Description: A dark/navy blue cloak over his black body armor.

Casual Outfit Image/Description: A dark/navy blue hoodie with black jeans.

Theme:

Quote: "Can I just...can I just nod or something instead?”

Right, I didn't clearly mention it in my post but my character is is intended to be a student.

While it does seem that three others have already posted I'll throw my hat in in case a spot opens up. As I'm at work at the moment I can't supply images save for Robin's physical appearance, but they'll be provided by the end of the day.

Untitled2_zpsfbce3467.png

Robin Sichern

Color Theme:
Crimson
Skin Color: Caucasian/Fair
Eye Color & Image/Description: Robin's eyes are a rich and deep green complementing her fiery shock of red hair.
Hair Color & Image/Description: Robin's hair is a bright and vibrant red grown clear down to her buttocks and mostly kept in a thick, loose singular braid, the end secured in a metallic clasp with a few inches of hair left free. Additionally a few locks near her face are left to fall free to about her neck, framing her face nicely.
Build: The red head's build carries a finely visible, toned musculature masked slightly beneath a fair figure with constant training ensuring that her body is at its peak. Robin's complexion is more on the light side of the spectrum, her facial features more on the soft side of things with slightly high cheekbones, a rounded nose, and average light colored lips.
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 151 lbs

Personality: From her constant exposure to the lower classes in Vale Robin is quite humble to her own privileged lifestyle, and this sometimes can be misconstrued as her having pity on others less fortunate to her or her 'putting on an act' much to Robin's chagrin. When among others Robin is more than happy to make friends, often the one to be the first to approach and extend her hand in offered camaraderie. To friends Robin often is stated to exude a warm aura; laughing and sharing joy with those she cares about, but this frequent display can also be a guise.

During her years going through Signal Robin became somewhat of a figure and inspiration to others, and not wanting those around her to falter in their own drive Robin often times kept up her warm and welcoming mannerisms even when her emotions weren't behind such acts. As such it can be difficult to gauge Robin's true emotions as she almost always is seen with a smile among others along with a powerful sense of welcome, and for the most part such displays are sincere, but the times she feels sullen or depressed are often hidden deep beneath her mirthful mask.

Another aspect of Robin's personality that tends to be a double edged sword is her tendency to try and lend a hand to those close to her even if it means she herself is held back or burdened in the process. If those she tries to assist end up failing Robin will regularly shoulder the burden thinking that she didn't do enough to help them, blaming herself for being inadequate in her attempts. Such a development in Robin's mind is well known to her parents much to their dismay, and even with their attempts at helping and comforting her Robin continues to struggle with the desire to aid those around her no matter what the cost is to herself. In a way Robin could be considered to have a pseudo superiority complex from the image she has created for herself, not in the facet that she thinks herself better than others or that others are incapable of caring for themselves, but that she thinks herself to be a means of support and assistance to others even though sometimes she feels far from such a grand standing. Unfortunately, not wanting to hurt others, Robin maintains her guise when needed to hide her feelings of negativity and failure even when her semblance starts to fade said guise.

Backstory: "To be a hunter or huntress...is more than being a simple killer of grimm; it's to be a symbol of hope, peace, and justice to those who cannot defend themselves, to be a hero to Remnant and her people, and no matter the obstacle a real hero will always find a way for justice to be served!" These words, the combined words of her mother and father, are the creed by which robin felt the need to become a huntress, and continues to the present day to be the standard she holds herself to and pushes herself so incredibly hard along her way to becoming a huntress.

Born in Vale to a family of high social status and the eldest of four siblings, two sisters and two brothers, Robin's life could be considered lush at a glance if not a bit hectic at times. Sure, growing up she had the luxury of fine clothes, exotic foods, luxurious living accommodations, and being the heiress to a massively successful family corporation, but these initial images hardly spell the true colors of the Sichern family to the people who truly know the Sichern family and its deeds. Her mother and father both were well known and highly skilled in their duties as a huntress and hunter, but also for their close connection to people of Vale. Robin's father, Slater Sichern, served on the same team as her mother, Ebanora Schwarz at the time, team ASHE, from their start at beacon to graduation into hunter and huntress with both being relatively the same age at the time, seventeen. Slater's rather laid back and calm mannerisms often were a stark opposite to Ebanora's generally intense and vibrant attitude to most things in life, and it was ironically these extreme differences that lead the two to getting married nearly six years after first having met, talk about a slow and steady relationship. Unfortunately, four years after marrying Ebanora, Robin's father came into a particularly nasty injury which cost him his left eye and severely crippled the usage of his left arm while out on an assignment with team ASHE, Robin having been just barely a year old at the time. It was the realization that he'd come so close to leaving his daughter before she even knew his face that had Slater made the decision to step down from being a hunter and finally take up the Sichern business from his own father. Robin's own mother didn't retire from the life of a huntress until Robin was almost nine years old, the same reasons her husband Slater left such a life eventually weighing enough on her shoulders to elicit the decision. Although she is not actively serving as a huntress any longer, Ebanora did choose to become a teacher at Signal Academy so that her skills as a huntress could be gifted to the future of Remnant's protectors. Currently Ebanora teaches the subjects of basic grimm knowledge and basic combat techniques for the first and third year students at Signal.

The Sichern business was created by Robin's great great grandfather, Kupfer Sichern, two decades before the beginning of the tragic Great War. The break out of the Great War ensured that the Sichern business of dust distribution and refinement was well demanded, if largely for the purpose of war, and swiftly catapulted its standing as one of the most powerful corporate powers in Vale. The ensuing years saw the Sichern corporation's interest expand from dust to commercial and residential expansion for the people of Vale, Robin's great great grandfather wanting to share his wealth with the people rather than purely on further corporate interests. The adoption of the corporation by Robin's great grandmother, Esmerelda Sichern, only continued the company's tradition of both corporate and charitable growth, even having a hand in assisting the funding and construction of Mountain Glenn before its unfortunate demise. By the time that Slater Sichern adopted the mantle of the Sichern business, the corporation had few rivals save for the Atlas based Schnee corporation and a select few from the other continents of Remnant. Hardly desiring to sully the humble image of his family name, Robin's father continues to carry the torch of the Sichern family's giving nature, and frequently assists both human and faunus alike where possible.

Now the weight of being an heiress to a corporation with such a sterling image can be considered quite the burden, but to Robin's benefit her father has never, and continues to refrain from, pressuring the responsibility of being the heiress to the family corporation, and in fact is done likewise to the rest of her siblings. "Your choice is yours and yours alone, and whether you accept or deny is hardly something to chain your future to." These words were, and still are, the reassurance from her father and mother that her future is truly her own, and in all honesty the prospect isn't entirely abandoned by Robin, but still bears a bit of wariness as is understandable by a child.

Growing up Robin's environment was one of warmth and love from her parents, if not accompanied with the inescapable irritation of being the eldest of five children, but with the high standing of her family also came an importance on knowing how to be humble to one's self and not grow narcissistic of the privileges she's been born with. The inclusion of Robin's early infatuation with becoming a huntress only increased the pressure of her being humble to her status and knowing the true meaning of being a huntress for the people of Remnant, and not her own personal glory. It was regular for Robin to go out with her mother and father when their time wasn't occupied with business or teaching, to help with the hardships others leading less fortunate lives. Often times Robin would tag along when the Sichern family hosted a charity drive for those less fortunate, helping to give clothing, food, and day-to-day essentials to those in need. It was the frequent exposure to how truly hard the lives of others, particularly faunus, were compared to her own and is what keeps Robin's mind and ego in stern check. Growing up Robin held friends across all social classes, faunus and human alike, and was often liked as a kind and giving individual.

When made apparent that her desire to become a huntress wasn't simply young infatuation, but a genuine drive, Robin's parents wholeheartedly supported her decision when asked if she could be taught until old enough to attend Signal Academy, but didn't in the slightest provide any advantage over the coming years. It was at the age of ten that Robin found the use of her semblance, the occasion having been her accidentally launching herself to hang from a chandelier amidst a heated game of tag with her siblings much to the surprised panic of herself and her parents, but thankfully came to a harmless resolution. Upon the discovery of her semblance Robin's desire to be taught by her parents the lessons of being a huntress only grew, and under the renewed barrage of 'pretty pleases' and puppy dog eyes they relented with Robin training in the physical arts with her mother, and the academic arts with her father. Upon becoming old enough to attend Signal Academy Robin swiftly asked if she could attend, and unsurprisingly her parents consented. However Robin's foray into Signal Academy hardly was one of ease, and actually of increased difficulty with Robin's mother grading her daughter's performance with an even more stern hand, not out of cruelty, but because she wanted her daughter to always push her limits without straying from being the benevolent and caring person she'd been so far. It wasn't long for Robin's drive to excel and become a huntress expanded beyond the classes at Signal. When not studying the literary knowledge needed Robin often times would spar with her mother, regularly attending school the next day with her fair share of sore bruises, but also with a passion that blazed only brighter and hotter, and occasionally leaving a good bruise or two on her mother as well. Yes, there were days where Robin's body ached to the point of her wanting to simply collapse and give in, muscles burning, and sweat dripping from her brow, but the fiery inspiration of her mother and calm reassurance of her father collectively gave her the support she needed to continue onward.

One aspect of Robin's academic experience in Signal that remains a slightly sour note was the understandable corporate interest by other companies for her to be a sort of sponsor for them due to her successful academic performance and benevolent social attitude. It seemed that with each denial she sent there were three more requests for her to be the driving image behind some kind of kid's cereal or new fashion line, and Robin hated it to the utmost degree, but continued to endure not wanting the distraction to unbalance her and cloud her mind. By the end of her third year at Signal academy Robin had been given the opportunity to apply to Beacon, purely on her merits and top performance in her class year, the only obstacle being the entrance exam. Much to the surprise of those around her, though not so much her parents, Robin refused the offer not wanting to abandon the friends she'd made while at Signal for her own personal gain. Needless to say upon her graduation from Signal Robin finished with top honors from her year, and upon completing the entrance exam to Beacon was accepted into the prestigious school for the final chapter in her training to become a huntress.

Now standing as yet again the small fish in the pond being a first year at Beacon, Robin relishes in the new challenges that are set before her. Her attitude of being humble to those around her continues, and Robin only grows more determined in the difficulty of her final chapter in becoming a huntress!

Weapon:
Weapon Description:

Semblance:
Semblance Description:

Robin's semblance manifests in the capability of manipulating the effect of gravity on an object ranging from making something nearly weightless to multiple times its own weight, having the rather imaginative name of 'Gravity Warp'. Now while controlling the gravity of an object sounds amazing there are a few caveats with one being that the only way Robin is capable of utilizing her semblance is through physical contact, although not always constantly. Another obstacle to Robin's semblance is the incredible danger it can pose not only to herself, but to those she is using it on or around. The target of her semblance, if living, can easily suffer broken bones and damaged organs if their body can't handle a sudden increase or decrease of weight depending on the action being done, and this applies to Robin herself as well. For example, Robin could imbue her arm with multiple times its own gravity to create massive kinetic energy during the downward swing of a punch, but actually connecting with said punch would completely obliterate the muscles, bones, and tendons of her hand, wrist, and arm to the point of it being outright liquefied and unrecoverable. Also, outside of a few seconds, if Robin channels her semblance any longer the strain quickly grows.

The exact strain upon Robin's semblance and body isn't exactly know, but with her utilizing her semblance to JUST augment her armor, weapons, and gear she can last a few hours through her usual method of utilizing her semblance via short intense bursts when the occasion demands it. Outside of augmenting herself Robin's capabilities normally max out at augmenting an entity's weight by around eighty percent lighter or twenty five percent heavier. What's more is that even though she only augments the effects of gravity on an entity the additional effects of inertia, velocity, etc. can give results of far greater differences in weight such as the intensity of impact or distance of a jump.

Now surely with such massive changes in a subject such strain would be intense, and if she were doing that CONSTANTLY for a long period then that would be true, but Robin generally doesn't channel her semblance for extended lengths of time, save for on herself when needed. Instead Robin will utilize her semblance in very short bursts such as augmenting her armor to be considerably lighter for a moment to allow a dodge, making her shield or hammer heavier to deliver a more damaging blow, or making an enemy's body/armor/weapon/etc suddenly heavier or lighter to throw them off balance and create an opening. This sparse and focused utilization is exactly why Robin is able to last for extended periods of time in battle while using her semblance, but when channeling her semblance the strain grows. Touching back to the range her semblance has on an average human, if robin were to keep that change for more than a few seconds at the maximum range of lighter of heavier she'd only be able to maintain such a strain, with maintained contact, for half an hour if at full rest, and only fifteen or so minutes if having previously battled or moderately exhausted.

The question to exactly HOW Robin can utilize her semblance to such extremes is that she isn't necessarily interacting with and changing the actual physical mass of her target, but simply the intensity of their gravitational pull to the ground, and is largely the reason her semblance is measured in percentage of effect rather than flat weight.

Outside of combat Robin generally will use her semblance for harmless hijinks such as making a friend suddenly lighter while they're walking for a few seconds or making a book incredibly heavy and watching a friend struggle with the supposedly light object. When in training Angela will frequently utilize her semblance to create a greater weight upon her body to increase the intensity of her activities, but generally won't go into insane weight increases due to the strain on her body such as organs, spine, joints, etc.

Outfit-wise what Robin wears both in and out of combat is a white sleeveless high necked tunic which carries a length of grey trimmed fabric extending down from the front to about shin level, a brown leather belt tied around the waist as well. The white tunic is held beneath a long sleeved corseted robe tied snug to her upper body, the sleeves snug to form, and the robe colored a rich crimson with gold colored trim along the lower hems of the robe's skirt. The skirt of the robe falls to knee level near the front and lengthens to ankle level near the back with a split along the rear portion of the robe halting a few inches from the waist. Along her lower body Robin's attire consists of a pair of black leggings worn beneath a pair of brown leather thigh-high heeled boots with the upper cuffs folded down and flush. If Robin's ever training without armor she'll forgo her robe, leaving her in just her leggings, tunic, belt, and boots.

Combat Outfit Image/Description:
Equipped for battle the above style of hair and attire remains, but with the inclusion of white, gold color trimmed armor. A breastplate of domed armor encases Robin's upper body covering from her chest down to the midpoint of her stomach with a slight triangular shape while two sections of armor wrap from the front to the back, covering her sides somewhat, and securing a back plate of similar size to the frontal plate of the breastplate. Covering her arms begins with two pauldrons of similar color and trim, the pauldrons double layered to offer better flexibility and falling down to just the beginning of her bicep; from her pauldrons a pair of armored gauntlets, cloth combined with the gauntlets to enable plating along the fingers, secure her hands and forearms with two elbow plates providing additional protection. Moving lower Robin dons two slightly ovular skirt plates along either side of her hips which both fall down to a little past mid-thigh, and which provide good protection to the sides of her legs and hips. Along her legs Robin sports a pair of greaves between a set of knee plates and spur plates all of which provide good cover for her legs, knees, and ankles. Overall Robin's armor is a good combination of protection, but with a lean toward mobility rather than tank-like solidity.
Theme:
Quote: A life with family and friends is a life worth fighting for.

Cenedril Cenedril Are you choosing based on first come first serve or on quality?

I'm definitely interested, but if you already chose your team I won't bother creating a char.

tabard01.jpg

Color Theme:
Lavender
Name: Halaya Ube, but friends call her Haley
Facial Features Description: Halaya has a very refined face with a small nose and a thin lips. Her eyes appear quite big and the skin seems quite smooth, but that is make belief. Haley is very apt with make-up and can hide any injury or pimple with that "natural look".
Skin Color: Her natural skin color is a darker Asian skin colour (like Filipinos), but she doesn't come outside that often, so it is a lot lighter.
Eye Color Description: Haley's irises are a dull dark purple and a bit wavering at the edges (because of her addiction). Wen she ingests some dust her eyes glow in the colour of the dust until it has worn out.
Hair Description: Almost black, but with a distinct purple hue. She usually wears it with a bow tie (see picture)
Build: She has a small and delicate frame with long legs. She is quite muscular, but tries to hide it as much as possible. On her back she has a big butterfly tattoo that vaguely looks like a skull.
Height: 5' 3"
Weight: 135 lbs

Personality: When you first meet Haley she is a shy and kind girl. She appears a bit submissive and needy, which makes a lot of people feel a need to help and support her. How can you say no to those cute puppy eyes? After hanging around her for a while you probably notice that she is quite clingy and also whiny at times. She is starting to be a bit annoying, but you can't bring yourself to tell her to go away. It still feels like she needs your protection from the cruel world out there.

Halaya is fully aware of this effect. In fact, "the cruel world out there" is exactly what caused this behavior in the first place. Through years of hardship she discovered that being cute and gentle is a good way to get whatever you want. Inside she is a manipulative diva. She is greedy and ambitious and takes whatever she gets her hands on. She knows exactly what she wants and how she can get. When people get in her way she can get really angry and violent, since she isn't used to it. Failures of others fill her with joy. She tries to hide all this behind her cute appearance, but sometimes you can see glimmers of her true self. However, even deeper there is also a small voice that is disgusted by her own behavior. She wants to change, to pay for the things she has done by finally doing something good. Such a shame that the voice is not often heard.

The longer she goes without the dust the more cracks become visible. She can have very big mood swings. One moment she is a gentle innocent girl, the next she is an emotional wreck and a minute later she is back to being a merciless bitch. Sometimes she uses these flaws to show people that she is a crazy person that you do not want to mess with, but most of the time she can't control it. They are almost complete personalities that can surface and thwart her own plans. This makes her very dangerous, unpredictable and therefore unreliable.

Backstory: Halaya Ube was born in a small dessert oasis in Vacuo. She had two loving and protective parents who loved her very much. Haley was six when her semblance first surfaced, which is exceptionally young. Her parents tried to keep it a secret, fearing that people would discard her as a freak. However, they could not conceal it for long and soon the whole village knew about it and people came to see her perform shows. At first Haley and her parents were delighted with the positive publicity, but then people from further away came as well to see the miracle girl perform. They wouldn't leave her alone and were also not solely positive anymore. People came to provoke her powers and called her ugly things which made Haley very unhappy. Her parents didn't know what to do. One day the word reached the local maffia boss, Xander Malachite. He saw potential in the girl and traveled to her house in person. He saw how desperate the situation was and used that to manipulate Haleys parents. He told them he was willing to take care of the girl, to protect her from the mob and to learn her how to control her powers. Her parents did not see another way (and knew who the man was and what he did to people that got in his way), so they agreed to it.

Xander raised her as if she were his own daughter, with a firm, but loving hand. Haley was often homesick, but Xander tried to bribe and brighten her up with presents and sweets. Little did she know that the sweets were laced with addictive dust, which was meant as an warrant for if she ever went rogue. He couldn't let her leave as she was destined to become his secret weapon. He hired skilled teachers to teach Haley how to fight, both physically and with her semblance. She passed the basics with flying colors. The trouble started when they moved on to actually hurting animals and people. Each method failed. Haley was too gentle to even hurt a fly. It caused Xander much stress. What good was she as his enforcer when she was afraid to hurt his enemies? As a last resort he increased her doses of dust, but made the moments of intake less frequent. Halaya became a dust junkie. She couldn't go without it for longer than a week. Xander used this to his advantage and made her do horrifying things when she was at her worst. When she would obey she would get her dust, otherwise it would be deferred to a later moment, when she would be even worse than before. This way he conditioned her to be a merciless killer.

When her training was done her missions began. Whenever someone was in the way of Xander's imperium he would send Halaya to roughen them up or even kill them. Haley and a team of mercinaries visited countless mafia villas, military camps and dust mines. After she would leave you wouldn't even have believed it had been there before, as everything that was left was debris buried under the sands. Xander quickly rose to the top of the criminal ladder. In fear of his punishment the smaller bosses either sided with Xander or perished. Xander was very happy and overloaded Haley with gifts that he could buy with his newly earned money. For a few years life was good for the both of them.

Then Atlas released a new line of warrior-robots with tremendous power. Xander had just enough money to buy himself one on the black market. It would be a lot cheaper than maintaining his semi-daughter (mainly because of her growing addiction). She was kindly thanked for her services and set free. She did get a basic supply of dust, but had nowhere to go. She went to her parents for shelter. Unfortunately that immediately clashed. Her parents were horrified to see the monster that their daughter had become and threw her out. The moment was so emotional that it sparked her powers. In her anger she destroyed her old home. Afterwards came the regret. It broke her. For weeks she stayed in a nearby cave. Eventually she had to come out, since her dust was almost gone. She became a mercenary, fighting for scraps of dust. It was a difficult time and she hardly came by, but it helped her become more independent. She still had a score to settle and was always on the lookout for information on Xander.

One day she heard that Xanders robot had had a malfunction and had turned on Xanders man. Her old man had survived, but barely. He had fallen terribly ill and people feared for his life. The news made Haley question her relationship. She wanted to see the man one last time, if only to show that she could handle herself pretty well without him. She went to his villa. There was already an air of sorrow, while the man had not even died yet. The lower bosses were lurking around the palace, waiting to take the throne when their emperor would die. Halaya went up to Xander's room. She met the reunion with mixed feelings. She pitied Xander, but also hated him for what he had done to her and loved him like family. She started talking to the unconscious man. The more she talked the more her emotions flared up. At the climax the old man woke up and spoke. No one knows what he had said. Not that there are many people left to tell about it. The inhabitants of a nearby village still tell of the terrible storm that raged through their streets that day. And the old man that they found on the stairs of their hospital when they went outside afterwards. The man survived, but never said a word afterwards, neither did he have visitors.

Haley left the place as a new person, a dedicated one. She wanted to change her life, but did not know how to. At first she tried to stop using dust cold turkey, but she didn't manage to complete it. Social services had been looking for her for quite a while and finally found her in this moment of weakness. They helped her get a plan to get rid of her addiction and offered her resources to reenter society. The Beacon academy reached out to her to offer her a position at their school. They wanted to help her with her skills and improve her attitude (though they didn't say that much) Haley was slightly reluctant do enroll. She felt like she would be better than the other students (she thinks) and was a bit adverse to the whole goodie-two-shoes show that they had going. She didn't have any better options though, so she decided to enroll anyways.

Weapon: Hurricane (Twister and Whirl)
Weapon Description: Hurricane consists of two heavy Balisong (long butterfly knives, called Twister and Whirl). They can be used separately or be attached to a long chain. Haleys fighting style consists of a lot of whirling (which makes a lot of noise). She slashes and stabs with the knives individually. When attached to the chain she whirls the chain around to give it some momentum. She can use it a mowing knive, as a shield (which wraps around incoming weapons) or as a missile (by throwing the knife). What makes her weapon stand out even more is that it does not have a shooting function. Haley thought that just throwing the knives was enough for a long ranged attack, but the range is a lot smaller (about 60ft).

Semblance: whirlwinds
Semblance Description: Halaya can create whirlwinds, ranging from little dust devils to full blown tornadoes (only with heavy dust usage). She uses her knives and chain to create them (small ones with the knives, big ones with the chain, the power is dependent on the time she takes to charge it) and has a slight control over their direction (but she often fails or doesn't care). Without using dust she can create whirlwinds strong enough to knock people of their feet at about 2ft, but she can't keep them in the air. Depending on the dust she ingests she can create much larger ones.

Fighting "strategy"
Strategy is a big word which does not fit in Haley's vocabulary. She is a loose canon and charges problems head-on, with no regard of the environment and the people in it. She uses the turning motion of her knives and chain to summon various sandstorms while she walks towards the enemy. The fight itself is mostly up close. She circles the enemy and attacks from all sides, using the whirlwinds to lift herself out of harms way and to bring the enemy out of balance. With the knives she makes small and quick cuts to tease (and deal damage in the long run). The chain she uses to keep the enemy in her trap and to mess up their stance even more. For the real blows she throws her knives (attached to the chain) as missiles.

Combat Outfit: See picture above, but a bit more coverage around her butt. She wears a purple corset with gold embroidery. Her legs are covered by an open dress that leaves enough freedom for her legs to jump around and boots that cover most of her legs. The only heavy armor she has are her arm guards, she needs those to wrap and bounce her chain on during the fight.

Casual Outfit Description: Before she came to Beacon she didn't own any clothing other than her combat outfit(she threw away everything else because it had ties to her past). So, whenever she is not fighting she wears the red and black school uniform, which luckily looks very nice with her eyes and hair color.

Theme:

Quote: "When a butterfly flaps it's wings ..."

Cenedril Cenedril
I would be happy to submit something if you're still looking. I'l have something up soon, but I'll be honest, I don't know a whole bunch of RWBY lore, just the general plot. I hope that won't spoil my chances.

Cenedril Cenedril
I would be happy to submit something if you're still looking. I'l have something up soon, but I'll be honest, I don't know a whole bunch of RWBY lore, just the general plot. I hope that won't spoil my chances.
The lore probably won't come up too often and the plot won't focus on anything that happens in the show. Go for it.

images-181.jpg

Color Theme:
Royal Purple

Name:

Iago Bix

Male

Species:

Human

Iago has a more oval face, with a sharp chin and handsome features, though they are hard to notice with all his hair constantly in the way.

Skin Color:

White, but is very slightly tanned.

Eye Color & Image/Description:

Like his face, Iago's eyes are more oval, but with a slight slant to them, giving them an almost tired look. His iris' are a deep shade of indigo; it's unknown to him if it's genetic or not.

Hair Color & Image/Description:

Iago's hair is shaggy and long, almost in a sort of bob, and strands of it stick out here and there, with a majority of it covering his face and right eye. Like his iris', his hair is a deep indigo starting at the base of his scalp, and the tips of them grow much lighter, almost pink.

Build:

Though his clothes seem to hide it, Iago is a very muscular dude. He isn't the tallest guy around either, but he more than makes up for it with his physique. He looks like your average teen, but you would be very wrong if that's what you assume. It's a body sculpted by years of harsh training, a regimen that's almost natural now.

Height:

5'5

Weight:

166 lbs.

Personality:
Iago is extremely lazy and a bit of a troublemaker as well. He's your basic image of a slacker, and a damn good one at that, as he would say. If he's not preparing pranks for the teachers or the students, chances are he is either sleeping, eating, or reading a book. Without others around to push him to do things, Iago would probably never get anything done. That is not to say he can't do things on his own; he just needs the motivation to do it, but that comes very rarely. He doesn't really like to chat with anyone and can be a bit of an ass at times, but he has his manners and knows when to be polite and shut his mouth. Iago's energetic side comes out whenever he starts to cook, which he is surprisingly great at. His meals are almost always first rate, and he says it's because he spends so much time making them that he might as well made them good to begin with. He is almost a completely different person in the kitchen. Iago is also sensitive when it comes to his physical appearance, especially his height. Even though he was told he came from a family of very tall people, he just hasn't been able to hit that growth spurt just yet. Teasing him even a little will cause him to anger, and only the extremely naive or brave dare bring it up.

Backstory:
Iago remembers very little of his younger years. His Uncle, Marx, a Huntsman of some renown, has told him that when he was little, he lived with his birth mother and step father, as his birth father mysteriously disappeared a few months before his birth. He and his family lived in a village outside Vale in relative peace. Marx doesn't know exactly what happened, but on the weekend he came to visit his family, he found the entire village mysteriously razed to the ground, not a clue left behind as to who did it. Quickly searching his sister's home, he found the bodies of Iago's parents and an infant Iago, mewling softly, his eyes closed tight.
Marx isn't exactly open about the details thereafter with Iago. He told him that he took him from the village and raised him by himself. Knowing nothing else, and spying that Iago had somehow unlocked a Semblance at an early age, Marx trained him to hunt like he did. Apparently, they traveled all over Remnant, but Iago finds it very strange as to how he can't remember this well. Marx tells him it's just what happens with the passage of time, but the way his uncle talks of the past makes Iago suspicious. He is almost positive Marx is hiding something from him, but he has never had the courage to fully get it out of him.
As soon as Iago hit sixteen, he and Marx made their way to Vale, stopping at the site of Iago's old village for old times sake. Marx knew there was very little left he could teach the Huntsman-in-training by himself, and so he called in a favor with the Headmaster of Beacon to, at the very least, allow Iago to apply. His wish was granted, and Iago, with nothing else really planned for his life, decided to just go along with it, at least for now. He and his uncle have made their way to Vale and now Iago is set to head off to Beacon, where he is almost positive that he's just going to be bored out of his mind, but for the sake of his uncle, and maybe for himself a little, he has decided to at least give it a try, whatever that's worth. As it turns out; not much.

Weapon:
rsz_rory_mercury_s_axe_vectorized_by_jaytec359.png
Karmic Violet

Weapon Description:

An heirloom of his birth father, Karmic Violet is a large, foldable battle axe. The handle, ornately designed, stretches about three feet long, and the blade itself is about a foot. At the end of its handle is a chamber for a special type of ammunition, a type of ballistic bullet that bounces off nearly any surface a few times before stopping.

Semblance:
Amethyst Apex

Semblance Description:

Iago uses his semblance very rarely, as for some reason, he doesn't like it at all. When in use, Iago becomes extremely heavy and dense, becoming almost like a rock in terms of defense, movement, and weight. He can only use this semblance on himself, but it can be used for very long periods of time as long as he focuses. This semblance will improve and evolve some as he continues his training.

Combat Outfit Image/Description:
Iago isn't really one for dressing up for combat, but with it drilled into his head by his uncle, when expecting combat, Iago equips an indigo colored pauldron on his left shoulder which is wrapped around his chest by a gray belt, along with a pair of gray colored wristguards and greaves.

Preferring comfort over style, Iago tends to wear his usual deep purple sweatshirt that seems a little big on him with a pair of gray sweatpants, along with white socks and some black running shoes to complete the look.

Theme:
Soul Roulette

Quote:
"Ugh, you bastards. I could be napping right now."

Last edited:
Felix Felix
Man, I suck with anagrams. I'm willing to bet the last two are.....Halaya and....Robin? No idea as to who the I could be though.
Also, we must not forget about the mysterious fourth member belonging to Cenedril.

Felix Felix
Man, I suck with anagrams. I'm willing to bet the last two are.....Halaya and....Robin? No idea as to who the I could be though.
Also, we must not forget about the mysterious fourth member belonging to Cenedril.
The I was your char if you were wondering and yes, I am very curious about Cenedril Cenedril 's char

Felix Felix
Aw, I'm tickled you like mine. I couldn' really figure it out cause there was two other I guys submitted. I personally think the first Isaac might get a spot.

Midnight Paragon Midnight Paragon Well I feel like Isaac is missing some body in the backstory and personality department. Your character was quite nice, it is rare to find a good lazy/slacking character.

Felix Felix
Cut it out, there's only so much compliments I can take. Your character is way better than mine. I really liked the theme you used for her too, though perhaps a little too kind of punk rock for my taste, heh. But something is off. I could have sworn there were two Isaac's here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back