• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

rusty and looking for partner(s?)

knightlite

secretly king of rats
Hey all,

As the title suggests I'm trying to get back into doing literate RP since I kind of dropped it some years ago and never picked it up again. I used to RP daily through middle school and early high school (I'm 21 now for reference). Sooo that being said I might be a little rusty at first so please be patient with me lol. I have done some live tabletop gaming in the past few years so I'm not completely out of practice.

Genres I do:

-Fantasy

-Sci-fi

-Supernatural/paranormal (ghosts, monsters, etc)

-Post-apocalyptic

-Horror/mystery

-Some realistic/historical/slice of life depending on the plot, but usually I like to have a little bit of magic in there

What I don't do:

-Smut

-Anthro

-Anime

-Fandom

-Romance (only as a stand-alone genre, totally fine with it as a subplot)

I MIGHT budge on using a pre-existing setting but I only feel comfortable playing OCs. Don't feel like I can capture someone else's characters right.

Uhh okay things I'm looking for in a partner include:

-Being able to respond with at least one post a day (more is preferred but I realize people have other things going on. Obviously exceptions can be made according to people's schedules)

-Post length should be appropriate to the story. Long posts are awesome but sometimes a quick, short reply flows better. I'm not too picky about grammar or spelling as long as I can read it.

-Likes to chat OOC, especially to work on characters and plot together

-Must be over 18. Sorry, no exceptions to this. I don't do smut, but I just don't feel comfortable RPing with minors. Close-ish to my own age would be preferred.

-Please no excessive descriptions of gore/violence. Some is alright, just keep it limited. Also, no incest please.

-Must be LGBT-friendly. Also, please don't proposition me for "yaoi". Ever.

-All genders welcome! (yes, that includes nonbinary people)

A few other things about me:

-I can do side characters but I prefer playing only one main character at a time

-I'm a dude

-I usually only play male main characters nowadays (so romance would be MxM or MxF most likely. Might be convinced otherwise eventually)

-I'm on Western Pacific Standard Time, so I'll mostly be active in the evening for that timezone. In that window, I'm pretty available to make continuous posts.

-I'm open to multiple partners/groups! The only caveat is that everyone in the group has to be fairly active and open to OOC planning.

Wish I had some writing samples to share but I've got nothing recent. Oh well. :o

Last edited by a moderator:
Pick-me-gif.gif

Kidding aside, though, I do. ^^ I'm Pan, I'm in my mid-twenties and I love pretty much every genre you suggested. I would be most willing to take you up on anything, but "supernatural/paranormal" and "post-apocalyptic" are my favourites. We could combine a few things, of course. There could be a supernatural horror mystery,  a post-apocalyptic fantasy, a slice-of-life mixed with mystery and/or horror...

Last edited by a moderator:
HELLO YES i am very interested thank you for including us non-binaries. ;A;

if you're still looking for people, shoot me a PM? i got dozens of plot ideas in mind that fall under the categories you listed, but i would love to hear what you're thinking.

I will also join the interest train if you're still looking. Mostly because I could imediately relate to trying to get into RPing after a long hiatus and we're the same age and that's always kinda cool lol. I have lots of plot ideas for your preferred genres that could be MxM or MxF or we can figure out something new based on your ideas it's all chill.  ;)

I have an idea that you might be interested in.

It involves supernaturals and slice-of-life combo. A Detective roleplay, of sorts.
PM me if your willing to hear the idea!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back