• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Running into Oblivion

Scarlett didn't acknowledge Misa's loud demands or the small, balled fists hitting her back. Instead, she grinned. "No can do," she answered. She couldn't help but snicker at her friend. "You're coming whether you like it or not. So ha." Oftentimes like this, it was very convenient to have enhanced strength, but she didn't abuse this in a way that would ultimately make her a villain.

At least, in a story anyway. Scarlett read plenty of those--especially ones regarding history, events and places in the past. However, she was not kept-up-to-date, so she was almost as lost as her two friends in this modernized world. Scarlett felt like someone's eyes were on her. Eyes wide, she turned around in a full circle, making Misa spin along with her without her intention. Was her mind playing tricks on her?

Was this the paranoia that the science facility caused after countless of years in captivity? Scarlett was unsure. "Guys...?" Her voice was on edge, raising in wariness. "Do you feel like somebody's...watching?" The last word hung in the air, thick and menacing.

large.jpg

Misa stilled silent hearing Scarlett's words as he was suddenly aware of the feeling of the hairs on the back of his neck tingling. Lifting his head as he heightened his senses and looked around for the culprit. Unnerved when he found no one. Silently he flipped himself off Scarlett's back and grabbed his friends hands to begin tugging them away from the park ignoring the other peoples stares. They needed to get something to eat and then leave before something bad happened.

Gen looked at the kids as they suddenly became cautious. He hid his presence and continued to watch as the others slowly backed away. They had yet to notice that a few men in black were coming in closer trapping the children. They came closer and closer, Damn I should have known that radar would bring them. The organization has gone from bad to worse. The dark figures came closer, holding some sort of long black poles with differing elements slowly emanating from them.

The group of men crowded the kids at all corners blockading them in. A small whole opened between the men and a young girl with white har and red eyes walked out from the crowed.

79e075562b3c9110b14ee7269c596bd5.jpg
She looked at the kids and smiled "well, well, well what have we here other than three little lab rats that have run away. You do know that you fools are not made for the outside world" She puts her hand out and smiles at them "Come now, come back with us and we will assure that your punishment will be less painful."

Kyrian was in his own little land of imagination, oblivious to the men in black. Well, at least until the young girl began to speak. Kind of freaked out, but ready to protect his friends, he stood up.

Kyrian replied, disagreeing with the woman's proposal. "But I like the outside world. People are so cool! Look at them, they can do whatever they want! We couldn't do anything we wanted back there..."

Misa nodded agreeing with Kyrian."I want to explore, have adventures, and make friends that I can play with. I'm tired of over clean labs and pointy needles that hurt. I want to be in the sun and feel the wind in my hair. I want freedom!"

(ninja post!)

The girl smiled at them her eyes a menacing glare "The outside world is a dangerous place. You might think it is nice now, but that is only because you have yet to face the dangers of this world. Come back now." She glared at the three her last words a strong demand, she would not tolerate anymore of this rebellion. She had her orders, bring the children back alive. However they never specified how close they could be to death.

Gen looked onward at the children, somehow only he could see what was occouring in the park. One of these soldiers must have put up a barrier of some kind. He listened to the children's proclaims of freedom and remembered his need for freedom as well. His family was slaughtered because of his need for freedom. He closed his eyes, I will not let this happen again. Gen put the pastries down and stepped closer to the others his presence still hidden from the others.

(One more post from each and I'll attack, then Gen will help you guys escape. Sound good? I'll be back in a 1/2 hour)

large.jpg

Scarlett glared daggers straight back at the cloaked men and their white-haired leader, whose eyes were no different than Scarlett's. The expression on the brunette's soft face had already hardened with anger and determination. "You may strike us until we bleed, until we're on the ground, and until our bones are broken. But you won't break our spirits . . . That will never change." Then Scarlett's voice intensified. "We want our freedom--this is our lives!"

The brunette clenched her fists, allowing her heightened emotions to fuel the fire inside of her. Scarlett and her friends knew these people weren't going to go away willingly just by being turned down. They would force them back into that hellhole of a prison. But Scarlett was more than ready to fight.

((Alright Suki! Do yo thang))

Last edited by a moderator:
Kyrian put his arm in front of Scarlett, and glared at the girl. "I don't like you." He said this in all seriousness. He really couldn't stand the way she acted, nor the way she spoke to them. He really did not want to go back there. He would rather die.

"Thats right." Misa nodded with determination as he to stood in front of Scarlett."Life is not worth living if your not free. Otherwise your just surviving not living."

The girl bit her lip "foolish children, I don't have time for your stupid arguments." The girl turned to the other men in black. "Get them" The army dashed toward the children, there was a equivalent of 4 men per child. "Don't be afraid to use force men, but do keep them barely alive. I expect you to be successful, after all they are just children." The girl giggled evilly and vanished, it seemed she had been a projection of some sort.

The men charged at the kids 4 to one. Each had a long black rod that controlled a element, earth, wind, fire, or air. The 12 men circled around the children. They would have to fight their way out.

Misa hissed low in his throat at men surrounding them in anger, crouching he bit down on his thumb with sharpened teeth until he tasted blood then looking down at his bloody them concentrated. More blood flew from the wound and blended together until it formed a double bladed crimson scythe.

The four men closest to misa prepared for battle. The earth user demolished the ground under misa's feet. The air user sent sharp air slashes toward him. The fire user charged rapidly behind the air slashes his entire rod ablaze like a flaming sword. The water user created a circle of water and pushed it toward Misa following behind the fire user.

(so cracked earth, air slashes, flaming sword and water pulse behind that. And feel free to control them in any form or fashion. :D )

((Disregard the fact that the girl in the gif is different from Scarlett--what matters is what she does :tongue:))

The fight instantly broke out, just as they all expected.

Four men hurtled toward Scarlett, who stood in place and waited for them. She was aware that two of the men wielding the black rods carried two of powers: earth and fire. Okay, she thought. Time to take this up a notch. Scarlett focused, and closed her eyes. By the time the air and earth user were getting dangerously close, Scarlett's very being reconstructed itself from soft flesh, muscle, and bone, to solid concrete. The brunette opened her eyes--they were glowing, despite her appearance as a statue.

I'll show you why you shouldn't pick a damn fight with any of us, she thought.

Scarlett adjusted her stance, her carved expression resembling that of valor. The air and earth user both launched their element-based attacks at her. Like an acrobat, she spun in the air and dodge them without a scratch. Then, as she was descending, the heel of her foot crashed down on the air user's shoulder that he used for his dominant hand.

large.gif

The sickening sound of breaking bone was as noticeable as thunder, as well as the man's scream. He collapsed on the ground, still conscious. Now in her normal form, she broke the air user's rod in two as if it were only a toothpick. One down. Scarlett glanced at her friends to see how they were doing before returning her focus on her own fight.

Scarlett didn't understand what had happened at first. She felt a hundred stabs of a pain travel up and down her left arm. An ice shard was protruding from her flesh from one end to the other. The water user missing her bone by a hair. Scarlett's blood felt cold. She grasped the ice shard with a concrete hand, and willingly yanked it out.

She shouted in pain, the tears threatening to spill at the edge of her eyes. The brunette could see the men's mocking smiles plastered on their faces. No. Don't look weak; keep fighting.

Misa jumped back and grew wings so he could avoid the earth users attack, avoiding the air slashes and the first slash of the flaming sword. He wasn't fast enough however to dodge the pulse of water so was thrown back. Crying out he hit the ground and quickly changed his appearance again. His wings disappeared and he changed into a black wolf.

Sensing the flame user coming from behind, Kyrian leaped into the air. Staring down at the four elemental agents, he took off his hat. "Come on guys, I just woke up." He sighed. Looking at his hat, it began to morph into a scythe. With an evil laugh and a bit of confidence, he flew down towards his foes and slashed in their direction. He may not have hit them, but it felt good to give them a scare.

The ground crumbled beneath his feet, as water pulses pushed him back. However, he used this to his advantage. With the water creating a shielding barrier, not allowing anyone to see him, both him and his scythe vanished. To him, his invisibility was favored over his ability to fly. With them all confused, he began to sneak behind them with the element of surprise. He attacked both the earth and water users, who were standing right next to each other. However, his overconfidence and inability to think while invisible, almost killed him. The air user noticed his position and sliced Kyrian's arm with his rod's powers. Letting out a scream, he became visible.

Gen heard the kids scream in pain. That is enough, time to step in. He pulled out his kantana and with a quick lighting fast speed he charged. In a blink of an eye every other black knight agent was on the ground. Not dead, but unconscious, not likely to get back up. "Follow me children. There are sure to be more, coming soon." He picks up his bag of food and motions toward them to follow. He has a safe house that even the organization didn't know about.

Scarlett paused. At first, she couldn't comprehend what happened--all of their attackers were on the ground in mere milliseconds. Then she saw a man with a katana that gleamed from the sun rays above them. It took her a moment to understand that the stranger was just like them--he had powers. Apparently, that power was enhanced speed. Scarlett wasn't sure what to think.

He saved us but...is he one of them? The fact that this man caused all of these attackers to lose consciousness was a reason why that couldn't have been true. Scarlett, Misa, and Kyrian didn't have much of a choice. They were all injured, and they couldn't survive in this new world without a little guidance and safety. In addition to that, they needed somewhere to hide from the organization chasing them down. The stranger was right--there would be more of them coming.

And the trio would run out of energy to fight back. Scarlett stood by the stranger, holding her left arm along the way to stop the bleeding. She glanced at her two friends, looking at them for their input but also gesturing that they come along.

Gen takes them through twists and turns and down the way to his base. He made sure the kids were safely behind him every step of the way. He noticed their injures and made sure to pace himself so they don't over extend their bodies. As they reached the normal looking house, it had a nice balcony area with many windows and lots of space.

eco-sustainable-homes-kansas-city-1.jpg

He unlocked the door and held the door open for the kids to enter "please come in." He gestured for them to enter "you can sit in the living room area and I'll get the first aid box for your wounds" he smiled warmly at the kids.

Misa smiles trustingly and hops onto the couch bathing in its softness ignoring the pain that radiated from his head and back. He had changed from his wolf form when the stranger had interfered and was now a silver haired child. Cuddling into the softness he allowed himself to let out a loud trill of happiness and comfort. It was an odd mix of a bird call, with a growl, and a purr mixed in that he had done since he was younger. Opening his eyes he sat up and patted the spots next to him for his friends beaming.

"Whoa... This place looks nice." The pain ceased for a moment, as Kyrian let the beauty of the house seeks in. Very pleased and thankful for the help, he sat down. Kyrian was also very suspicious, not understanding the strange man's motive for his doing. Looking at his arm, He realized that his injury was quite severe, and the pain settled back in. "I hope this blood doesn't stain your carpet." He winced, laughing at himself.

Scarlett was rather astonished and taken away by the building the Katana Man had allowed for them to enter. The exterior and interior. She only read about these type of houses in books--seeing them in person was much more extraordinary. The contents of a home expresses a lot about the person who owns it, Scarlett learned. Only except, for the trio, where they used to live was nowhere near a comforting home. When the Katana Man spoke, the brunette was brought back to reality.

"Oh, uh . . . The first aid won't be necessary." Scarlett made a quick glance at her silver-haired friend. "Kyrian can heal us." She watched Misa prance into the living room and plop onto the sofa. She grinned, scratches on her face from the earlier fight, but her face was friendly. "Whoa . . . This place looks nice." Responding to Kyrian's comment, Scarlett made a noise of agreement, and she walked inside then took a seat next to Misa.

"Hey, mister . . . You never got to tell us your name."

large.jpg

Gen smiled at the boy "don't worry, I've always hated the carpet. But I'm glad you have a sense of humor, it means your doing well." The man already had the first aid in his hand when the girl said it wasn't necessary. He walked over to the kids and opened the first aid kit "there's no need to use up your energy after a battle like that." He smiled and in a blink of an eye every kid was properly bandaged and all wounds were cleaned and wrapped. "There, no need for healing energy." He sat on the table in front of them and smiled "now to answer your question little lady, my name is Genji Yousuke, but please call me Gen. I have the power of super speed." He smiles "Still feels weird to say that after all these years. Now who might you kids be?"

"I'm Misa!" Misa shouted waving his arms excitedly in the air."Thats Scarlett and that is Kyrian." He pointed to each of them as he said their names."Its a pleasure to meet you Mr.Gen."

He chuckled and smiled at them. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Misa, Scarlet, and Kyrian." He looked at each as he said their names, making sure to remember them. He smiled warmly "you welcome to stay here, I have plenty of rooms and it should be safe from the organization. I was making breakfast if you would like to have some."

"Mr. Gen? May I ask how you know about us? And why you were with the guys who attacked?" Surely he knew who they were, he felt concerned for his friends. Kyrian was on the edge of his seat, waiting for a response. He was sure the others were giving him a look, since Mr. Gen took them in and all he was doing was being suspicious, but kyrian was staring at him. Waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back