• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Running into Oblivion

Gen smiled at the boy as he got up "lets discuss it over breakfast, I'm starved." Then he blipped out of sight and blipped back into the living room area. "I didn't know what you guys liked so I made a spread of things." He smiled the wave of food engulfing the whole house. He motioned to the kitchen/dining room area and smiled "come on now don't let it get cold."

A brisk wind rushed past the trio, and Scarlett glanced at her left arm. The wound was now properly bandaged--quick and easily. She gave a smile of appreciation toward the man who introduced himself as "Genji". They all could notice how warm of a smile he had and the comforting tone in his voice. In fact, he seemed very courteous. Misa was the first to speak their introductions; Scarlett waved her hand as her name was mentioned.

Kyrian asked Gen the question that the traveling trio all had been thinking. "Mr. Gen? May I ask how you know about us? And why you were with the guys who attacked?" Scarlett nodded, unconsciously leaning forward in her seat as she expected the reply.

"Let's discuss it over breakfast, I'm starved." Gen gestured to the dining room area, and the food and plates had already been set on the table. Weird. Was he expecting us, or...? No. He used his speed to do it--nothing was there before.

Scarlett inhaled the aromas that wafted toward them, beckoning them all to eat. Bacon, pancakes, waffles, sausages, eggs--both scrambled and sunny side up. It was undeniably mouthwatering. Restraining herself from greedily running to the table to wolf down everything, Scarlett first turned to Gen. "Thank you for saving our backs there. We needed that."

Misa ignored the others his gaze stuck to one thing."CHOCOLATE CHIP WAFFLES!"

Cheering he hopped to the table and grabbed the entire plate for himself. Shoving one in his mouth he sat down and relished the delicious taste. The Lab never gave them food like this but once there was this scientist that had a soft spot who snuck them in some. They never saw her again but never forgot her or those wonderful waffles.

He smiled happily "your quite welcome young lady." Gen sat down at the table and watched them eat. He had already eaten while cooking and was enjoying watching them eat. He missed meals with other people, it reminded him of his family. His beautiful wife setting the plates and silverware. Then his energetic 2 year old daughter ran up and hopped up in her chair. She smiled brightly and snagged the first piece of toast she could find. He smiled at the memory and looked at the three kids. "Would you guys like anything else, I can run to the store and get it."

"An explanation would be nice." Still waiting, unsure if this guy was able to be trusted. Normally he isn't like this, but his inner love and protective instincts for his friends, were far greater and more important than his outgoing, fun personality. No matter how nice this guy was, Kyrian couldn't help but be suspicious. Then he realized Mr. Gen meant they could have any food they wanted. "Uh... Some pizza?" His favorite, more than anything. He was a complete sucker for pizza. Every once in a while they would serve it at the Lab, and he would sometimes steal Misa's pizza "by accident."

He smiled and nodded "very well" He blipped into view and handed Kyrian a pizza. "I hope you enjoy it, fresh from one of Italy's finest pizzerias." He smiled warmly and and sat back down and rested his head on his hands and looked at the kids. "Now that you are fed, I assume you want some information. Specifically about how I know about the organization." He sighed and leaned back "well there is not much to say on the subject. twenty years ago I was a member of the organization. Back then it was just a genetic improvement company, using DNA alteration for materials like plastic or cement. Things changed when new scientists arrived." He paused for a moment frowning at the foul memory.

"They stated testing on the faculty, they tested on me and my wife. We were lucky to survive but many of us did not. We escaped and lived peacefully having a beautiful baby girl. Sadly we were not careful enough and we were hunted and my wife and child were killed." He trailed off lost in his memory. Then he looked back at the kids and smiled " but that was thirteen years ago. I now helping those in need trying to stop the organization once and for all." He smiled somewhat sadly at the kids. "Don't worry your safe here, there are protective barriers up to prevent the organization from finding this place."

(I felt like if i didn't write his story down I'd forget it)

Scarlett's stomach grumbled like an awakening bear from its hibernation. She smiled bashfully, aware that the noise was easily heard. She hurriedly claimed a seat at the dinner table, surveying all of the foods Gen so generously prepared. Scarlett heard Kyrian request pizza for breakfast, which didn't shock her very much. The boy loved his pizza as much as Scarlett loved her chocolate. Just as quickly as last time, Gen returned in a flash with a cardboard pizza box.

Well, at least that means more breakfast foods for us, then.

"I hope you enjoy it, fresh from one of Italy's finest pizzerias." Scarlett turned her gaze over to her other friend, Misa. He had already taken an entire plate of chocolate chip waffles, which also happened to be one of the brunette's favorites.

"Sheesh, Misa, don't take all of it...!" Scarlett chided. She took three waffles and placed them on her own plate. "Hmm...where is it?" She found a bottle of what she was searching for: chocolate syrup.

Cheerfully, she squeezed the plastic bottle and poured the dark syrup over the warm, fluffy waffles. She poured herself some coffee as well, and placed one sugar cube in the beverage. The brunette watched it change color and dissolve into the liquid.

large.gif

"Now that you are fed, I assume you want some information. Specifically about how I know about the organization."

Scarlett--while she stirred her coffee--looked up at Gen as he began to voice the answers they wanted. Her facial expression changed with that of empathy when he explained the experimentation. However, the brunette never had to feel the pain of losing a loved one. She wished she would not have to. After Gen was done, Scarlett spoke.

"We can't thank you enough, Mr. Gen. Can we call you that?"

Gen smiled at the kids and nodded to Scarlett "yes you can call me Mr. Gen, however Gen is fine as well. You kids are welcome to stay here as long as you like." He smiled at them and got up "If you will excuse me I have some work to do. But if you need anything at all please feel free to call me." He goes to the kitchen counter and opens the top left drawer and picks up three disposable phones and hands one to each of them. "You can use these to call me they are untraceable and my number is already programmed in." He smiled at the three of them.

Miss listened to Mr.Gens story carefully and momentarily stopped eating. By the end his eye sight was blurred by tears."Th..thats so sad."

He hicupped hurridly wiping his eyes. The cute image was ruined when he stuffed a waffle in his mouth. Reaching out he got the chocolate syrup and began to squeeze it on his waffles. Throwing the empty bottle aside he reached into his pocket and drew some candy canes he had hid there a few days ago after thrifting it from one of the nurses. Opening them he crushed them on his waffles before eagerly digging in. He loved Sweets!

Finishing his last piece of pizza, he thought more about the outside world. "Mr. Gen, I don't suppose you could give us an idea of how to fit in with this outside world." Kyrian needed something to satisfy his curiosity. He stood up, looking at the others, awaiting for them to finish. "I would like to know, i'm not big on surprises." He continued. That was partly true. Kyrian liked surprises. However, after today, and being told that they don't belong out there and people were out to kill them, he was concerned. His personality would drastically change when it included his and his friend's safety.

Gen nodded at the boys words "well Kyrian, I'll tell you a secret. There is no way that people ever fit in with the outside world, normal or different. Yet they go out and make the world their own. I'd recommend that you lay low here for a few days and then explore the city. There are so many shops and streets around here to investigate, you never know you might find something that interests you." He wanted them to go out and adventure, this was their first taste of freedom they should enjoy it. Gen smiled at the kids not sure if they understood him. "The organization will think you have moved on soon. They wouldn't expect you to have found shelter so quickly. In 3 days you guys can go out and explore the city. I'm sure you will be safe. Just don't use your powers in front of anyone, normal people aren't used to new things. But if your ever in trouble don't hesitate to call me."

"Oh oh oh." Miss chanted as he hurridly swallowed the food in his mouth and waved his hands in the air excitedly."Let's go to an amusement park. I read about one of those once. It looked fun."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back