• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Running for your life (OPEN + ACCEPTING)

ZekeDude

Sagittarius and a bit Serious
Read the overview stuff and make a character if you’re still interested. Btw this rp is placed in the near future of our current irl time and contains weapons and tech that you can make up as long as it isn’t way too op.

Ezekiel was wandering the streets as usual. He was subtly yet constantly checking his surroundings for Lastmen, Huntsmen, and maybe even normal humans. As an Elttia he had to. He had to to stay alive and not in a cage or on an experiment table. The boy jerked his head to the side to stare into the shadows. He had a bit of night vision in a sort of way due to his powers residing with the shadows. Ezekiel tried to lower his hood on his forehead to hang in front of his red glowing eyes. He wasn't sure if whoever was in the shadows was actually aware that he was aware but he was sure of one thing: whoever was there was on the prowl for his kind one way or another. He hunched forward a bit and acted like nothing was happening, glancing nervously back at the spot he knew someone was hiding in. Movement. The person was now following him as he wandered the dark alleyways of town.

Valentina walked along the streets with her cloak hood up. She did all she could to avoid bumping into people, which was easy and not easy. Some people are slow and some are not. Valentina pulled her hood down even more to cover her face, she moved quickly to the forest. People were starting to notice her and she needed to move quickly. Unfortunately as she made her to the forest, she noticed some people were starting to stop walking and started to watch her walk. Valentina decide to stay in an alleyway and wait for awhile. Valentina walked quickly to a alleyway and move into the shadows, she sat quietly. Until someone walked into the alleyway. 'What? Did someone following me?' Valentina thought as the person walked closer to where she was.

Ezekiel sensed yet another person hiding in the shadows, but this one didn't seem to moving. They seemed to be watching him as opposed to following him like the other. He quickened his pace and wondered if he should break into a sprint. He was a hard person to catch up with, he knew that much, but if he came across more people he would be seriously screwed no matter their intentions. The first person hiding in the shadows finally popped out and was seemingly ready to attack when Ezekiel threw a glance over his shoulder to confirm that and he whipped his head forwards shortly before starting to run. He hardly gave a damn about the second person since they seemed to only be observing and now the one in the open was starting to chase after the fourteen year old Elttia.

Valentina stayed in the shadows and watched as the one person that entered the alleyway started to quicken their pace. It seemed as the new person was being followed and now chased. Valentina's bright orange eyes narrowed a little at the chase, she didn't know what this person deserved to be chased but she knew for some reason that they didn't do anything. The blonde female stuck out her feet and caused the chaser to trip. She watched as the chaser landed on their face with a groan of pain. "Hm...That must have hurt..Huh?"

Ezekiel's cat ears twitched at the sound of a voice taunting his pursuer. He slowed down and looked back. He could see the unnatural orange coloration of the other person's eyes. His own bright red ones widened as he suddenly felt the urge to warn this undeniably fellow Elttia about who exactly this person was- well not exactly but the gist of it. "I appreciate what you just did and all but get out of here! He's bad news okay, get-" The man rose and drew a syringe from his pocket. Huntsman it is. "Ohhh shitt...." He muttered before running back and tackling the man. He may or may not have seen the other Elttia's eyes but either way the man wasn't ready to stand down to some kids who were both Elttias. The Huntsman easily threw Ezekiel off of him and he seemed more pissed at the girl for tripping him than he was at Ezekiel for tackling him since he got up and lunged at her despite the syringe lying on the ground just feet away.

Valentina took a couple steps back and glared at the man, her bright orange eyes glowing in angry as she stepped out of the shadows. She kicked the syringe away from his grasp and stepped on his hand. "That was fairly rude of you, you really harsh with him...I suggest you apologize to him.." Valentina glared down at the men with glowing orange eyes. Her ear flicked at the sound of the syringe hitting the wall, both ears were rested against her unruly blonde hair from underneath the cloak. The foot pressed more down on the men's hand, adding more pressure to his hand. She hated seeing other Elttias being hunted, she wanted help her fellow Elttias even if that meant getting hurt herself.

Ezekiel dove to where the syringe was and grabbed it. If I can just jab and inject.... he'll be out cold for plenty long enough for her and me to get out of here. He thought to himself as he ran forward and stuck it in the Hunstman's neck before his thumb pressed down on the top, sedating the Huntsman. The second Ezekiel was sure enough had entered the man he dropped it and grabbed the girl's arm. "We need to get out- they're never alone, even you should know that. More are bound to be really close and they must've heard the commotion and stuff.... we need to get out of here." He spoke the words firmly but only because he seriously didn't want to see either of them, but mainly her, getting captured and having to go through whatever terrifying and horrible treatment and tests Huntsmen put Elttia through once captured.

The blonde female nodded in agreement and followed the male as they walked away. Both of them know that Huntsmen are never alone when they go out hunting, Valentina always had to hide in certain places just to get away from them when they were groups. Valentina has a deep hatred for Huntsmen, they killed and hunted her kind, they never give any mercy to Elttias.

Ezekiel was semi-glad that it was Huntsmen rather than Lastmen since they'd be much harder to take out. His glowing red eyes darted around as he checked their surroundings and he felt out the shadows to see if anyone was hiding. He found hardly anything although he was sure some of the Huntsmen were coming up, so he pulled his hood back up and tried his hardest to use a bit of his shadow manipulation to try and cover the glow emitting from his eyes. Ezekiel whispered back to his new friend. "If we come across any, just run okay? Fighting should be a last option if we get surrounded or something."

(going to bed btw so I won't respond for a good number of hours, night!)

Last edited by a moderator:
(alright night! See ya later! ^^) Valentina nodded in agreement as she pulled her hood farther down to cover her eyes but to were she could still see. Although Valentina was very fluent in hand-to-hand combat, she wasn't strong enough to beat a whole group of Huntsmen, she wasn't that strong yet. She also didn't want to deal with blood, Valentina wanted to survive in this but she didn't want to kill. Valentina hated the idea of killing anyone even if they're the enemy...She couldn't kill anyone or anything. Valentina was NOT a killer....

Ezekiel slowed down as he was about to round a corner. He was sure there was at least one Huntsman around it just waiting for them. He hoped that the man wouldn't recognize either of them or see their eyes. He had moved shadows to his own irises to make it seem like a brown normal color but it didn't stop the faint glow still emitting from his supernatural eyes. Ezekiel just took a breath and hoped for the best as he started walking around the corner that had him so worried.

(@Waimor This'd be a pretty good time for you to join)

Valentina followed the make, she was slightly out of breath. She took a couple deep breaths as she followed him. "Valentina A. Primo, that's my name and you are?" Valentina turned her head to look at Ezekiel with a soft smile, right now you could only see her smile since her hood was pulled down to cover her eyes and ears.

Richard sighed as he looked at his cellphone, which had five messages that varied in content, one of them advising him to get to one of the town's alleyways as one Elttia was sighted there, one that described the Elttia, one that said that one of Richard's colleagues was taken down by that same Elttia with the help of another, one request for backup and another warning that the two Elttia had escaped. "Do you guys even know how to do your job right?" Richard couldn't help but crack a smile due to the cheer incompetence of this whole scenario. As he was about to begin his walk to the place where the Elttia were sighted, he saw two kids running towards him, one of them matching the description that was written on his phone. "Well, that was easy." Richard thought to himself, trying to keep a suprised look as the Elttia kids got near so that they would assume he was just a random civilian.

Ezekiel saw the person he'd sensed earlier. The man looked younger than the Huntsman they'd just sent to sleep but he also looked pretty casual. Certainly not the weird getup that most Huntsmen had so Ezekiel wrote it off in his mind as someone using the alleyways as a shortcut to get somewhere. He whispered over to Valentina since the man didn't need to hear his name. "Ezekiel Grey although honestly you can just call me Zeke." He pulled his hood down again in an attempt to hide the glow of his eyes even though the glow had been softened by shadows.

"Call me Val than. It's nice to meet you Zeke..." Valentina was really happy to finally be able to talk someone else. I mean she was really lonely, she hasn't really talked to anyone for a long while. Valentina smiled as they walked together, you could tell she was real happy about talking to someone else. "Sooo....You alright? I mean that guy was a little harsh with you.."

"Don't worry, I've been treated plenty worse before. I probably got a few bruises but I can handle that. You're okay right?" Ezekiel glanced back at his friend curiously before looking forward again, his eyes wandering over to the casual man. He realized the man was practically staring at them almost without blinking and it both creeped him out and alarmed him a little.

Richard looked away and shrugged, keeping his fassade as the kids walked away, and when that happened he turned on the camera on his phone and took two selfies, making sure both of them had at least one of the kids visible, althought the photos had them appear more like silhouettes due to the darkness of the alleyway and the fact that Richard didn't want to enable the flash of the camera, as he thought that would give away his identity. The man began humming happily, walking away as he began writing the message "Found them :) " with one of the selfies, the one where the Elttia kids were farthest away from him, but also had him stupidly smiling to the camera. "Let the games begin." he said to himself.

Valentina noticed the man just as Ezekiel noticed him and now she was trying to keep calm. "Yep, I'm fine. Beside even if I get hurt I can heal myself and if you ever get hurt just tell me and I'll ya! I take paim away and give pain." Valentina patted his head softly and gently to make sure she didn't hurt his ears. She didn't know if his ears were as sensitive as he's but she didn't want risk it. Valentina was trung her best to kept calm and not freak out or something but her mask of calmness was starting to crack a little.

Ezekiel was about to reply but he felt movement not far away in the shadows- and not just any movement but running right at them kind of movement. "We have to go..." He grabbed her hand and started running, not entirely sure if he was running away from or towards them since there were a good number of them spread out yet all starting to almost encircle them around the city. He was sure most every alleyway he'd go down he'd run into a few. And he did. Ezekiel ran into a few very early on but as he turned around to run down a different one, a few more came out of nowhere and his eyes darted around whilst trying to find an alternative escape. He felt a pang of guilt since he knew if Val wasn't here he could make it out decently enough, but he had to make sure she at least made it out and he wouldn't be able to leave her behind. She was virtually the first friend he actually had.

The message was sent, now it was the other Hunstmen's job to continue the pursuit. "Will they even be able to catch at least one of them?" he thought to himself, remembering the earlier event that happened not a while ago. Richard cringed, "I must have looked like a total psycopath while looking at those kids, it will problably be best if I find a way to get on their side if they manage to escape again." he mumbled while walking over to the location where his colleague was knocked out, beginning to sight various other Huntsmen running past him as he got near.

Ezekiel got rid of the shadows in front of his face. It was clear they knew who and what they were and it would be a waste of energy to continue to hide his eyes. More Huntsmen were showing up, a good number of them laughing. The only way out he could see was to magically climb up buildings or to somehow get past the growing amount of Huntsmen. A low growl was building up in his throat as he got angrier and angrier at the situation. It felt almost hopeless and he pissed himself off by thinking that way although it wasn't too far from the truth. The low growl turned into a tense cry of frustration just before he started trying to fight. Ezekiel's red eyes were almost blinding since the light intensified with his emotions. He made the shadows thicker and harder as he sent practically tendrils of darkness at the Huntsmen and while he didn't mean to kill, he definitely meant to make them all unable to move.

Valentina watched as Ezekiel lead her away, her orange eyes were glowing lightly as she followed him. Valentina was scared worried. What if they were caught? Was she slowing him down? Valentina was confused on what to do. She wanted to help but she didn't know what to do. Valentina lowered her head as Ezekiel pulled her along side him as they moved though the shadows. She looked behind them to see if the Huntsmen was following only to see shadows being sent to stop him. She was slightly scared for the Huntsmen and she silently hoped he wasn't hurt. She knew that he was their enemy and all but Valentina still and always will have her heart of gold. Valentina than looked back ahead and scanned Ezekiel with her bright orange orbs, he looked tired and angry. "Zeke? Are you alright? You look very tired..." she was really worried for him, she didn't want him to get hurt or sick. Maybe she should keep the Huntsmen busy while Ezekiel got away? She thought for a second as she waited for Ezekiel to answer.

(Sorry for the late reply!)

SkyDust101 said:
Valentina watched as Ezekiel lead her away, her orange eyes were glowing lightly as she followed him. Valentina was scared worried. What if they were caught? Was she slowing him down? Valentina was confused on what to do. She wanted to help but she didn't know what to do. Valentina lowered her head as Ezekiel pulled her along side him as they moved though the shadows.
(Sorry for the late reply!)
(Don't worry about it, I understand :) Also if you want to edit your last post in a less hurried manner you can go ahead and do that )

ZekeDude said:
(Don't worry about it, I understand :) Also if you want to edit your last post in a less hurried manner you can go ahead and do that )
Alright I fixed it up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back