RpNation Monthly: August 2015

The Fellows

The One Account to Rule Them All
RpNation Crest.png

RPN Monthly: August 2015

Welcome back to another exciting, content-packed edition of the RpNation newsletter. With summer completely underway now, I hope you have been enjoying all the new content and competitions being released, in addition to getting your roleplay fix! Thank you to all of the Fellows who worked on this edition of the Newsletter who made it a breeze for me to assemble it. (: You guys are all so awesome. If anyone has any comments, feedback, or suggestions for future newsletters, please PM me, Mordecai, at any time. I'd love to hear them! Now, without further ado, please enjoy your August edition of the RpNation newsletter!

~ @Yuuki of the Strata

Mature and professional Yuuki is well-known for putting out kick-ass content. Not only that, but she is incredibly hard-working and helpful when she can be.

[/justify]
[/fieldset][/column][/row]

Features

~ @Carter Jake Mason

Book of the Month
Book of the Month

7157310.jpg

Jonathan Maberry gives the zombie genre a new spotlight with
Rot and Ruin. Fifteen years after the zombie apocalypse scarred the world Benny Imura, just turning fifteen, is required to take a job in the fenced town he lives in or have his rations halfed. Without any other choice he apprentices under his boring older brother as a zombie hunter. What follows is a journey that shows Benny that zombies, the world, and humans are not so simple, and things are never black and white. Jonathan Maberry really created something that certainly reqiqued my interest in the zombie genre once again. I highly recommend this to any of you zombie fans out there!

~ @Yuuki of the Strata

National Eye Exam Month
National Eye Exam Month

angelasong_bobblebudds_eyepatchenvy.jpg

August is National Eye Exam Month. As such, eye think that it is a wonderful time to celebrate
I s. I mean. Eyes. However, there isn't any traditional way to celebrate something like eyes, so I took the time to creatively think of ways to celebrate this month-long holiday. First off, one of your options is to pick a stranger off the street and stare into their eyes. Examine them. Keep doing this for several minutes. Search into their soul. They'll understand. Or you could whisper words of love into a friend or partner's eyes. Tell them how much you enjoy them and their beautiful, glistening orbs. Thirdly, grab a mirror and peer into your own sight spheres. Say, "Thank you!" and give a thumbs up. Finally, if you want to be really boring, you can schedule an appointment with your eye doctor for a comprehensive eye exam and make sure your vision hasn't changed and that your eyes are in good health. But who in their right mind would do that?

~ @Fantasy Crazy, a classic knock-kock format joke that will be sure to knock your socks off.

"Knock knock

Who's there?

Broken pencil

Broken pencil who?

Nevermind, there's no point."

And a pun that'll
crack you up, courtesy of @Mrs Hesperus, for some of the very same reasons that I would pick Captain Hesperus. All three are top rate gamers, and people I would be honored to have on my side, watching my back.

You're asleep, dreamin' for the third time, rather hoping that nothing else ridiculous happens when you suddenly realize this isn't even your bed! Instead, in your sleep-interrupted tiredness, you've accidentally gone into the house of Gorgeous Gertrude, your next-door neighbour, who suddenly rings the doorbell. What do you do to escape this sticky situation?

If I were to be unfortunate enough to find myself in the bed of my next door neighbor, I would be lucky to get thrown in jail, just to keep me safe from the wrath of my wife. She is not the extremely jealous type, but I would be hard pressed to explain why I was in another woman's bed. Lets just hope that this never happens; I love my wife too much to want to cheat on her.(<3)

[/justify]
National Eye Exam Month
National Eye Exam Month

Interviews conducted by ~ @Dusky for the beautiful coding, @Fellows for writing all the content, and @Mordecai for assembling and running it like a dictator potato. The newsletter could never be completed without every single helping hand it has going into it.

Please follow RpNation on
Twitter and/or Facebook for even more up-to-date news! We look forward to seeing you all for the next Newsletter in September![/justify]

~ @Fellows

National Eye Exam Month

lotro.gif

....As always, thank you for all your hard work, Fellows. We are thrilled to welcome the five new fellows of July 2015 into the ranks of the Fellowship!

Mordecai said:
Congrats to everyone who was mentioned! ^___^ Nicely done, fellows!
*excited flailing, rolling, screeching, and anything else really*

I was very happy to be mentioned in this month's newsletter! Thank you, and congratulations to everyone else mentioned!

SpectroVector said:
Oh my goodness thank you! I cannot say how much it means to have my work noticed. Thank you so much.
It really is great work! I hope to drop in and request something soon if you've got the time.

@Atom

Of course! I have just got back from vacation and I need to polish a few off, but just message me your ideas and any pictures I can interpret (If you have them).

Mrs Hesperus] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/7773-sherwood/ said:
@Sherwood[/URL] ... sniff, sniff, that was sweet.
I call it like I see it. You are one of my favorite players to game with here, along with @Dannigan and @Captain Hesperus.

[QUOTE="Teh Frixz]Congratulations all! I was rooting for you Sherwood lol! Thank you to everyone

[/QUOTE]
You, too, are on my list of happy-to-see gamers here. Thanks for the good vibes.

Well, I'm enjoying your games. And I think the characters in robotech has really matured. Heck, look at Zairine, at least doesn't just kill people anymore. She's learning. :)

lol True! It has been a blast to run the games with you guys. I have to thank you all for that.

Congrats to everyone that was mentioned and congrats to the fellows and other staff involved for making yet another awesome newsletter!

Excellent newsletter. I particularly liked the Peaches-history tip; unexpected, but welcome touch.

@SilverFlight

Congrats to you =). I took a peek at Fablewood, and what you have there is really deep. Good setup and lots of potential to go on for ages. Keep it up, Silver.

@Sherwood

Congratulations to you as well. I enjoyed reading your interview. You really are a good person, Sherwood. Your family and those in your games here, are lucky to have you. It doesn't sound like you will, but I'll say it: don't ever change. Congrats again.

Thank you for your kind words, @White Masquerade. I do try to be a good guy, and, despite all of my human failings, seem to do a pretty good job.

A big thanks from me as well. I am really proud of FableWood and all of the people who helped make it what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread