• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

RPN PROM???

Status
Not open for further replies.
^-^;;

Perhaps we can arrange a site event in the future! In the meantime, with twenty pages of shipping, perhaps I should move this to Personal Discussion...?

Gexln said:
Regardless of the forum it's used on or the context surrounding it, there's always going to be at least one person who genuinely gets upset at something like this, even if they don't show it.
I understand where you're coming from, but you shouldn't be attacking the concept. If somebody wants to take the risk to ask someone else, then they have to take that risk by themselves and deal with the outcome.

Magnadeus said:
I understand where you're coming from, but you shouldn't be attacking the concept. If somebody wants to take the risk to ask someone else, then they have to take that risk by themselves and deal with the outcome.
Look at it this way. Say someone asks someone else out RP-wise yeah? Person they asked says yes. Suddenly that opens the possibility for the person who asked initially to think of it as more than a simple "game". And if the person says no, then the person could get their feelings hurt. It's the same as real prom, only with more legal issues!

This isn't going to happen. People tend to take things very seriously these days and can be hurt or offended by this, fights could happen that aren't needed on RPN. People hide their real life ages on this website which is extremely dangerous to young users. Anyone over 13 years old is allowed to use this website, so that means people older than 16 years old can too. A person over the age of 16 and a person under the age of 16 dating or having a romantic relationship is illegal and can get the site owner into lots of trouble, even getting the site shut down. Myself and the rest of the staff understand that this was just supposed to be a fun game for everyone to join in on, as you can see I was very excited about it at the start, but unfortunately people twist positive things into negative things. RPN is not a dating website. We don't endorse finding girlfriends or boyfriends through things like this and it would be very unprofessional and leave a mark on the site if something bad were to happen.

Thread locked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back