• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Other RPN antivirus warning

persimmon

social justice cleric
any clue as to what avast could be getting excited about? i wasn't expecting to see a malware warning on here

(image in spoiler)

1.png

edit; another one popped up as i was posting this, i'm hoping avast is just being overzealous hahah

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this pop-up appearing for all pages on the site or just one in particular?

i'll keep track, but it's appeared twice now. first time, i was editing my post in fantasy interest checks, and the second time was while i was writing the post here, in questions & info

Okay, let us know if you catch a pattern. Something may have also changed the behaviour of your virus protection software.

fair enough.

i just got two more while writing this reply, avast is really working overtime today lol

Has it always acted like this with the site or are you just experiencing this?  It could be some kind of hidden setting, or perhaps, the software needs to be updated.

the website is generally making my browser upset, it seems. could it be a firefox problem? i couldn't click on my own thread through the forums, had to go through my profile, and double posted because firefox froze on the submit post button. meanwhile got two more avast warnings (but a scan found no viruses)

it's a new issue, too, this never happened last time i was out and about here (which would be in november 2016)

I use chrome so not just a fire fox thing

It seems to be random pages it says vbs malware gen

I use chrome so not just a fire fox thing

I need a screesnhot of the message avast is showing.

There are obviously no viruses on the site but I need to see what is triggering it so I can either fix it or poke avast about it directly.

avats_zpspgsdgkw8.png

You may want to poke avast could be a false positive.

Think you can get the URL for the object being blocked?

I don't use avast for the same reason that it gave me many false positives on many sites I used in the past.

@Karcen If you can, please use the report function on the PM so the staff can poke around and see what might be setting your ATV off.

@Karcen Next to the date on any PM replies there should be a Report link.  You can also use the browser search (windows control F) and type in Report to find and/or make it more visible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back